[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to 100% the DOOM demo?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 3043002-0008457271-Doom-.jpg (109 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
3043002-0008457271-Doom-.jpg
109 KB, 1280x720
Is it possible to 100% the DOOM demo?
>>
Idk I bought it because that's what grown ups do.
>>
Answer me, fucknuts.
>>
Holy fuck I can't find an answer anywhere.
>>
Why wouldn't it be? It's just the first level right? You can grab everything in the first level in the full game so why wouldn't you be able to in the demo?
>>
File: 1449327198929.png (201 KB, 722x862) Image search: [Google]
1449327198929.png
201 KB, 722x862
>can't pirate doom on PC
>can't rent it either

i'm buying a console
>>
>>341650859
Fucking hell I love the new Revenant design. It's honestly 10/10
>>
>>341651086
After playing the demo I really don't feel like buying anymore. At least not until it drops under 10 or so.
>>
>>341654146
It's only 9/10. It lacks the bloodcurdling scream that would make it a worthy successor to the original Agitating Skeleton.
>>
Yes, of course it is.

Doom has no backtracking from later levels ever required to 100% it. For example there are no secrets which need the double-jump in levels prior to Argent Tower, where you get the jump boots.

Which level is the demo anyway? Is it the first one? Bevause that's by far the simplest to do everything, only a handful of secrets and no challanges or combat rating. If you found the Upgrade Drone, Map Station, 2 Doomguy toys, all the Elite Guards and the hidden Classic Room.
>>
>>341654339
The later levels get much better, especially once Hell Knights and other tougher enemies start showing up. But if you aren't feeling it then you aren't feeling it. Nothing wrong with that. I'm sure it'll be on sale sooner rather than later so wait for it to reach a price you're comfortable with.
>>
>shoot thing
>perform execution
>run towards next guy
>repeat

Not right now. Maybe a few years down the line
>>
>>341655201
The demo should have been Foundry IMO, it's a much better example of how the game plays.
>>
>>341654146
>>341654607
I love the way they updated most of the designs and enemy behaviors while still keeping them faithful to the classics. Imps still throw fire and scratch, but they are extremely fast and agile now. Revenants still launch rockets and punch you, but they can boost around and are more aggressive. I especially love the Hell Knights and Barons. Keeping the Doom 3 look for Hell Knights while going with a classic look for Barons was exactly what I hoped for. And I love how they're fast and rush you now, but the Baron still has the green fireballs to fuck you up. Cacodemons and Mancubus (Mancubi?) didn't change much though.
It's a shame the new enemies kind of fall flat. Hell Razers are okay but kind of generic, and I fucking hate the Summoners. Also the shield guys are annoying to fight as well, though I guess they technically aren't new but rather upgraded shotgunners.
>>
>>341655539
Definitely. That was the first level where I felt the game went from good to great.

>>341654607
I don't particularly miss the Revenant scream, but I wish the Hell Knights, Barons, and Cyberdemon had updated versions of their classic sounds. Barons especially always freaked me out in the originals.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.