[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this comes out in a few weeks. Is it any good? I'm kind
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Star-Ocean.jpg (208 KB, 1203x682) Image search: [Google]
Star-Ocean.jpg
208 KB, 1203x682
So this comes out in a few weeks. Is it any good? I'm kind of worried since I don't really see anyone talking about it.
>>
I think it turned out to just be average I'll get it since there is nothing really to play in the summer anyway.
>>
>>341650030
It didn't live up to the hype but it wasn't shitty either
>>
Fuck off, Tales faggots. Yes, you.
>>
It's super short and generally average. Didn't go over that well in Japan. The reception seems about similar to SO4, except the major complaint this time is the length of the main scenario which is 15-20 hours.
If you like SO games you'll enjoy this, especially if you love SO3. There are tons of throwbacks and most of Fidel's moves are taken straight from Fayt, even his normal attack animations.

It doe some interesting things, like allowing you to use all your party members in every fight, I really like the soft look of the game - the art style isn't clearly anime or realistic style so it doesn't look as awkward as SO4 did.
>>
>>341650030
Better than 3 and 4
>>
HOURS
LONG
>>
>>341651239
3 is not that bad
>>
File: 1434507036618.jpg (197 KB, 1275x700) Image search: [Google]
1434507036618.jpg
197 KB, 1275x700
The main thing that killed the hype is that it's 20 hours long apparently.

People complaining that it recycles skills and animations are being silly, Tales series does the same exact thing.

And at least there's no KAY, Edge Maverick, or Sarah this time.
>>
>>341651609
>20 hours long apparently

Do you know whether or not this was the estimate for people who went straight for the end or the people who, as Star Ocean is known for, can go full autismo with side content and clock out with ~50-60, excluding post-game?
>>
>>341651892
You can get 25-30 hours max out of this game.
>>
The main criticism of the game seems to be that a) it's low on content, and b) its design is archaic. It's like 6th gen era console RPGs but in HD. They make you use specific save point spots, combat is button mashy, and the game is easily exploited. I personally find those a non issue, but I guess for someone coming from something like the Witcher 3 or Skyrim might have a problem. Also, this is a Tri-Ace game. There is always a relevant endgame in a Tri-Ace game, those fuckers have perma boner for that shit. I like the characters here, not even Potato bothers me that much compared to LOL random naked Catgirl, I-am-a-news-reporter-but-I-can-hang-with-intergalactic-heroes-because-I-took-karate-in-high-school, or 'Kay.
>>
>>341652236

That is so disheartening to hear. Oh well, any Star Ocean that isn't 4 is still probably worth it.
>>
>>341651892
>>341652236
It is 20 for the story, even doing sidequests. You can push 30 hours if you do every single sidequest, which is just doing fetch quests off a market board. Doing everything in the game and post game is about 40-50 hours, with a platinum being just over that.
>>
>>341652940
>post game is about 40-50 hours,
Sounds perfect
But I'll wait for a sale
>>
>>341651892
6W EQ is about 50-60 hours on your first playthrough if you take your time. Could probably end up longer if you don't discover some of the broken role combinations, too.

Doing it in 35-40 isn't that unreasonable for people who like to play at a faster pace, but you still have 2 other difficulties to go through.

>>341652940
>Platinum being just over that
Show me someone who cleared Galaxy, Universe, and Chaos in "just over" 50 hours.
>>
i remember when square enix released a survey asking people what games they wanted to see and why

I put down star ocean thinking its so niche and dead with tri ace being mobile it'll never happen

mfw a new star ocean game is announced

I feel obliged to get it i've played them all now and started on 3 so ive been told this should be ideal for me. Heres hoping so 3 so good (sides the twist)
>>
File: SO5 2.webm (839 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
SO5 2.webm
839 KB, 1280x720
>>341650030
I'm getting it.
Can't be worse than SO4
and I enjoyed that game

pre-ordering as soon as I get some dosh. Only releases 1 of July here, but at least GrandKingdom came earlier in EU (somehow) so I'll be having fun with that instead
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.