[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You guys seriously need to take off the nostalgia goggles with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: SM64.jpg (819 KB, 1000x696) Image search: [Google]
SM64.jpg
819 KB, 1000x696
You guys seriously need to take off the nostalgia goggles with this game.
>>
I never will
>>
>>341648919
it's not nostalgia, it's a genuinely good game

it may not be the best 3D platformer ever made, but it's not bad by any means
>>
>>341648919

Only recently played it after having pretty much never touched the Mario series except for spin offs. Didn't "get" it. Absolutely didn't click with me, and found it a struggle to motivate myself through some of the later levels due to the clunky camera and that awful N64 stick.
>>
But first
>>
You need to stop using the term nostalgic goggles as an argument as to why a game is bad. You are retarded
>>
>>341648919
Quake 3 Arena
When I was young, I accidentally killed my cat while playing with him and threw his corpse into the dumpster, my parents still think he ran away
>>
File: meh.jpg (136 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
meh.jpg
136 KB, 1280x720
>>341648919
> 50 coin 1-ups
> Don't retain coins between levels
> glitchy jumps
> instant death sand pits
> "the camera does nothing"
> AA-HA-HA-HA-HAAAAA
> sliding on 45 slopes
> disgraceful pop-up distances
> going back into the same level over and over and over and over

There are really great elements in Mario 64, but I just can't understand what they were thinking for half of this shit. The bower levels are top notch, but the main courses themselves play like tech demos. The game just can't get into top gear with so many issues like these.

I get that it was early days, but this game actually influenced a lot of the (bad) design elements of 1990s games for years afterwards. It needed another year of development. We could have seen a different industry, let alone a different game.
>>
>>341649321
>tripfag being a faggot who avoids AAA mario games to be contrarian

lmao, take your garbage thread elsewhere, attentionwhore

inb4 you samefag with
>b-but he's been here for years
>>
>>341649739
No they don't. They saw it in the dumpster and never said anything to you.
>>
>>341649739
It's time to leave 4chan bro
>>
>>341648919
Why do you fucking care, cunt. You were born after 2000. Go fucking play minecraft
>>
>>341648919
I don't cuz we have half A presses and QPUs which happened this year
>>
>>341648919
We did. Now we are exploring the deepest lore there is.
>>
>>341648919
Nice try, """""Henry"""""
>>
An A press is an A press, you can't just call it half an A press
>>
galaxy is better
>>
>>341648919
This game set the standard for 3d platformers. It broke significant ground. If you can't understand that then you need to wait until you're old enough to post here.

>>341649739
What did you do
>>
>>341648919
Considering the game managed to cement the foundations for 3D home gaming, it was pretty much - and still is - a masterpiece of game design.

You're just too young to appreciate the impact it had. Not trying to be offensive. Just stating the troof.

Also, go fuck yourself.
>>
I played it for the first time in 2014 and honestly think it's a great game.

That being said it might be 1 of the 5 worthwhile games on that shitty piece of shit console.
>>
>>341652175
How many times do we have to tell you to fuck off, """"""""Henry"""""""""""?
>>
>>341652563
i did it to bring discussion
or half of one
>>
>>341652523
Hi bait
>>
>>341648919
Why should I? Its damn impressive what it did as a launch title for the N64. Should that just be forgotten because its 2016 now and technology has gotten better (barely)?
>>
>>341652636
Let me guess

You think Goldeneye is a 10/10 and should be on any Top Ten Games Of All Time list?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.