[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Xbox One & Windows 10 PC exclusive Why did Microsoft
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Logo_Microsoft_Xbox.jpg (89 KB, 800x385) Image search: [Google]
Logo_Microsoft_Xbox.jpg
89 KB, 800x385
>Xbox One & Windows 10 PC exclusive

Why did Microsoft murder the Xbone like that? Now more than ever consoles need system seller software to keep selling. PC is incredibly popular among normalfags thanks to youtube culture and reddit, whenever you went with Xbone or PC was a matter of exclusives since both play multiplats. Now that literally every inconic Xbox franchise is on PC there is no incentive to pick that over building or paying someone to build a PC. And PC gaming is completely dominated by steam to the point that the two are almost indistinctible. The big winner here is not Microsoft but steam. What the fuck is going through their heads?
>>
Because there's more money to be made this way.
>>
Because software makes more money than hardware. And having more win 10 helps them make even more money
>>
>>341648385
hmmm My Xbone still works, how did they murder it anon?

Some people just prefer to get a console over building a PC, or buying a prebuilt PC which will cost them more.
>>
>>341648675
People prefer worse graphics, less games, and online fees?
>>
>>341648875
sadly, yes, because it's "too difficult to put together lol I'm not autistic!"
>>
>>341648546
In the short term maybe, but in the long run they're going to get kicked out of the console market.

>>341648565
It won't make them shit, Windows 10 is unpopular as fuck, the Windows store is used by literally nobody. All they will achieve is making steam bigger because every little cancerous shit switching to PC will just go to the most cancerous digital distribution platform.

I want to add that every Xbone game that was timed exclusive ended up being a massive flop on both Xbone and PC.
>>
>>341648385
Can someone fill me in on what's going on?
>>
>>341649220
>they're going to get kicked out of the console market.

There's no difference between the console market and the PC market now. Consoles and PCs and PCs are consoles.
>>
>>341649220
I want to add that Sony needs to remake their franchises into movies for them to turn a profit. And looks like God of War was the next in line.
>>
>>341649038
Times have changed my friend, building a PC nowadays is easier than building a lego set, there are shit load of tutorial videos on youtube, tons of part pickers that make sure your parts match, tons of companies offering to build the PC for you. And steam makes it easy as hell to use.

And even then, PC gaming is a meme, there are tons of forums and internet communities that will help the "peasants" "ascend".

What's worse, cancerous shits believe that because they put together a PC they're some sort of über intelligent computer engineeners that will call people who don't want to play on PC "idiots uncapable of putting together a PC" like this guy >>341648875
>>
>>341649220
>but in the long run they're going to get kicked out of the console market.

How? Apple have flopped and are uninterested in taking their console concept further. If anything they have the most leverage since Tencent are using Windows 10 for their China console. They can just sell OEM's of the Xbox dashboard to people like Tencent and Dell who make prebuilts. If anything, MS have room to expand.

Especially now Andrew House has gone on record saying he's going to have PS4 compete against the PC market and stop PS4 players from going to PC with frequent PS4 hardware upgrades.
>>
>>341649435
If you buy Xbone games you get a PC copy as well.
>>
>>341650813
*if the game is published by Microsoft
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.