[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
God of War Confirmed Cinematic Souls Clone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 228
Thread images: 33
File: god-of-war-2016.jpg.optimal.jpg (61 KB, 1080x600) Image search: [Google]
god-of-war-2016.jpg.optimal.jpg
61 KB, 1080x600
>It also introduced the axe, Kratos’s only weapon in the demo. Davis said this is an entirely new combat system which uses R1 and R2 at its core to deliver traditional melee attacks, but also includes short, medium and long-range attacks with the axe
It also has crafting, shoehorned RPG mechanics, and your wife's son follows you the whole game and has a dedicated "push X to son" button.

Seriously what the fuck were they thinking? Souls is great, but these games copying it (and failing miserably) need to fuck off.

Source: https://www.vg247.com/2016/06/15/god-of-war-is-the-father-son-epic-you-never-knew-you-needed/
>>
This game gets worse every time they share new information
>>
File: 1me.jpg (4 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
1me.jpg
4 KB, 275x183
>>341640373
>Not waiting for actual gameplay
>>
>>341641832
we saw the gameplay. it's a slow, boring moviegame.
>>
>>341640373
I'm not too worried, what if it is actually fun? I'll wait til more gameplay comes out to make a choice.
>>
who is that boy who calls Kratos "sir"?

I'm a little confused.
>>
>>341642241
Are you stupid?
>>
>>341641832
>10 minutes of gameplay literally shown at reveal
>n-no that doesn't count that's not the real gameplay

That's some strong denial, boy.
>>
>>341642241
His wife's son.
>>
It looks fantastic, I'm glad they're stepping away from the old mechanics instead of rehashing.
>>
>It also has crafting, shoehorned RPG mechanics, and your wife's son follows you the whole game and has a dedicated "push X to son" button.

game looked good as fuck. if it were so bad you wouldnt have had to make up half of the things that you claim make it bad.
>>
At first I just thought it was /v/ memeing, but no this looks like trash.
Look at the fight with Poseidon in GoW3 and then look at this e3 footage in comparison. This is not god of war.
I understand they wanted to make a "souls meets TLOU" type of game, but DO NOT TAKE AN ESTABLISHED FRANCHISE AND BASTARDIZE IT WITH THIS SHIT.
IT'S WHY NOBODY LIKED METROID FEDERATION FORCE OR THAT SHITTY NEW PAPER MARIO.

If you want to make a sequel to a game, take the previous games mechanics and EXPAND it. Don't just throw it in the trash until it's un-fucking-recognizable.
>>
>>341642241
its his fuckin son the kid is part god
>>
>>341640373
>wanting a GoW game that doesn't add or change anything

>meanwhile there are a million GoW-inspired games that incorporate more RPG elements, more cinematic shit, more exploration, more [INSERT GAMEPLAY ELEMENT HERE] than GoW.

They have to adapt or die. Do we really want another DOOM-styled sequel that doesn't try to be unique or interesting at all, coasting on the success of previous games?
>>
>>341643259
go play the other 7 god of war games dickhead we soulsborne now
>>
>>341643005
back to /tv/ or reddit with your forced memes
>>
>>341643494
Again, people want god of war. They wouldn't make 7 of these fucking games if people didn't want it.
One of the most disgusting and bold-faced lies ever told is "You need to change to keep up with the times". Fuck that. Sometimes change IS bad.
>>
It's weird that they would copy it when God of War is renowned for having a stellar combat system.
>>
File: God of War.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
God of War.webm
3 MB, 800x450
This is.... a god of war game... woah
>>
>>341644274
Fucking horrible.
>>
>>341644274
>ryse of war
>>
File: Can't Stand Ya.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
Can't Stand Ya.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>341640373
>Seriously what the fuck were they thinking?
They're thinking this is going to make them a fuckton of money and praise and aside from this tawinese photobucket, everyone is already loving it.

No one on this board gave a single fuck about GoW until this demo triggered them. You're a giant faggot, OP.
>>
>>341644274
Might as well just watch a youtube playthrough of the game so you can get the full experience without paying $60.
>>
>>341643494
>we soulsborne now
>>341644274
>soulsborne
>soulsborne
>soulsborne
>soulsborne
Nigger, this is Ryse at best.
>>
>>341640373
>no combos

its finished
>>
This plays nothing like the Souls game why do people say that
>>
I love it. I love the one-on-one fights. I love the rolling and dodging and finding openings.
>>
>>341644205
dmc was fairly popular. gow 1 2 3 is the result of dudebroing it up
nowadays souls are very popular, so the cycle repeat.
>>
Original game's tutorial
"I AM THE GOD OF WAR"
>throw man down hydra's throat them rip hydra's head off

This gamds tutorial
>"you.. You need to learn"
>holds son's hand and kills deer
>>
File: 1434898572866.jpg (128 KB, 358x350) Image search: [Google]
1434898572866.jpg
128 KB, 358x350
>>341640373
I am seeing one of my favorite interactive movies being raped right in front of my very eyes.

Why?

Wasn't ascension enough?

Why?
>>
>>341642932
but it's not the real gameplay. we know there's going to be a down grade.
>>
>>341643168
>game looked good as fuck

well thats it guys, it looks good as fuck, lets all pack up and leave, please enjoy Ryse:Son of Valhalla edition :')
>>
File: 1465148461922.jpg (84 KB, 600x602) Image search: [Google]
1465148461922.jpg
84 KB, 600x602
>>341644632
I guess this is it. RIP God of War as we knew it because they want the Naughty Dogs crowd now.

Holy shit.
>>
>>341644274
Jesus fuck how do you fuck up a God of War game this bad?
>>
>>341642932
It's been said that footage was chosen because it emphasizes the new setting and story elements. It's just the tutorial. You're getting a little ahead of yourself, baby girl.
>>
Why do sonyfags like these slow-moving, shallow, cinematic games so much?
>>
>>341645849
How much does Sony pay you?
>>
Looks fucking awesome, love that they are trying out something new when they easily could have just done the old familiar shit.
Also it's confirmed there is not a single cut from start to finish in this game, we're talking HL2 levels of seamlessness throughout the game
>>
>>341640373

>souls are great

epic forced meme, bro
>>
File: 1463096976077.gif (998 KB, 720x524) Image search: [Google]
1463096976077.gif
998 KB, 720x524
>Most likely no mutilation because that offends people
>>
>>341645162
it's the new "MUH EMOTIONS" route Sony is taking after TLOU's success

it's gonna get a 95 metacritic score and be GOTY when it's released because gamecucks love their emoshuns
>>
>>341646176
>something new
>the same stale style of gameplay you see in literally every game these days
>something new
>>
>>341645414
Yes, RIP to the series that was always shallow garbage.
>>
>>341646008
Nothing. It's just a fact. The game might be garbage, and I'm skeptical of its new priorities. But we don't know that much about the game, and what we do know is that there's a new emphasis on exploration.

That I'm not immediately vilifying the game because of ten minutes of story-driven tutorial (which is common in many games) doesn't make me a shill. It just means I'm not an idiot and possess the ability to reserve judgment until more information is known.
>>
>>341646628
And so they make the combat even shallower.

Good job.
>>
File: 1466062656620.webm (3 MB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
1466062656620.webm
3 MB, 700x394
>>341644274
Reminder this is what God of War used to be before it was casualized for a cinematic narrative experience
>>
>>341646895
>Pressing triangle and square
>Not casual as fuck.
>>
>>341643259
>What is resident evil 4
>>
>>341647013
>I've never played God of War and am shitposting
Thanks for sharing
>>
>>341647013
You use those same buttons in DMC as well, but you all suck its dick dry every fucking chance you get.
>>
>>341647119
Played 1-3 and Chains of Olympus.
The gameplay isn't as good as you think.
>>
>>341644274
DELETE THIS
>>
>>341646628
It has its superficial excesses, but the core gameplay was always pretty good. Not as varied or flexible as DMC, but that wasn't the only thing God of War did so it didn't need to be. I liked it.

I'm more into 2D action games though.
>>
>>341647256
And now the gameplay doesn't even exist.
>>
oh my look at all this pcucks
>>
>>341647256
It's a serviceable tool to carry you through all the awesome locations and epic spectacle.

And for the first and less for the 2nd and 3rd game, great story.
>>
I applaud Santa Monica for having the balls to revamp a long-standing franchise, which after Ascension everyone had to admit was getting stale.

It would've been so easy to do like so many other developers and just keep rehashing the same formula yet again, but instead they dared to do something original and it looks fantastic.
>>
>>341647256
Post proof you've beaten them on the hardest difficulty plus the challenges.

I've done that and it's almost comparable to Ninja Gaiden on MNM. In general, God of War mechanically is similar to Ninja Gaiden, especially more so than cinematic garbage like MGRR or Memehand
>>
>>341647351
You're comparing a blade of artemis tier weapon with heavy swings to fast and with crowd control ones like the Blade of Chaos + your entire arsenal and powers though.

You couldn't cherrypick any harder than you are right now.
>>
>>341647756
Doesn't change the fact that the gameplay is even worse now.
>>
>>341647085
Can you name any other games besides RE4?
>>
File: 1387382051096.png (22 KB, 1382x778) Image search: [Google]
1387382051096.png
22 KB, 1382x778
>>341647568
I feel like I've read this same exact ridiculous post before.
>>
>>341647843
Perhaps.

I will make my mind when all of them are presented instead of memeing as hard as posible for easy (You)'s though.
>>
>A God of War game without tits and a sex minigame

Nope.
>>
>>341647552
>Manchild of War
>great story
Now this is bait.
>>
File: image.jpg (154 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154 KB, 800x800
>>341644274
mfw pcfags will NEVER EVER get god of bloodborne
>>
In other news, gamers are still frightened by change (when they aren't screaming about rehashes). We'll have an interview with one such gamer going by "Anonymous" right after this.
>>
>>341648369
Good on them. I'm a Sonygger and even I don't want it.
>>
>>341648030
>all of them
I said gameplay, not weapons, the difference is in the very way the combat works.
>>
>>341648490
Good god, so let me get this straight. Fans don't have vote on the matter when it comes to changes on their franchises?

Not that I give a fuck anyway. I couldn't give a rat's ass on what happens to God of War.
>>
this isn't souls, it's TLOU
>>
>>341648760
The combat works exactly the same, you big memelord.

R1 is Square, R2 is triangle, you have dodge button, Spartan Rage and probably new powers and weapons down the road that you can switch with another button.

The only difference so far is the camera.
>>
>>341640373
I think this will be a much bettee game than faggot souls.

I'll buy a copy just to piss you off.
>>
>>341648821

Developers should take fan input into consideration, most definitely. But if they listen to them too much, things will go bad. Likewise, not enough listening is a bad thing. It's just that people often react with fury to changes in video games, and people would rather games never change and stagnate, so they can complain about them being endless rehashes. But when someone tries something new (which I am in full support of, this is nice after the CoD clone years), people pitch a bitch anyway. They're damned if they do, damned if they don't.
>>
>>341649141
>camera is different
>combos work differently
>no iconic weapon
>dodge is extremely shorter
>no difference
>>
>>341649141
You don't map the attacks to R1 and R2 to do fucking combos. It will be slow and cinematic with QTEs and slow movements. Just look at the demo, the enemies and Kratos himself move like molasses. God of War has always had a focus on fast movement and evasion, and this just butchers it.
>>
>>341648490
What's with retarded fanboys writing off any legitimate concerns about anything with "UGH YOU JUST HATE CHANGE STOP HAVING OPINIONS"? You're assuming that all changes are automatically a net positive for no reason.
>>
>>341649594
>change is bad

It's 2016.
>>
>>341649594

>You're assuming that all changes are automatically a net positive for no reason.

Not really, I just like seeing them take risks instead of sticking with the same formula every single time. It's the only bit of respect I still have left for the Final Fantasy series. Sure, it's been shit for 16 years, but at least they try new things and don't just remake FF VII every few years.
>>
>>341649473
>camera is different
I already admitted that.
>combos work differently
The fact that you don't see a big WOAH COMBO doesn't mean anything.
>no iconic weapon
Different setting, retard.
>dodge is extremely shorter
So? It fills it's purpose.

You're comparing full finished games to one that you've seen for less than 9 minutes of gameplay with only one weapon. Chill out with your autism already.
>>
>>341649582
I actually think counter was even more important than evasion. It was fun seeing a fuckhuge enemy get parried like it's nothing.

But yeah combat which is almost all GoW should be about, is garbage now.
>>
>>341649962
It's not really a risk if you're copying the previous best selling game on the console in my opinion.
>>
Why they didn't have the balls to start a new franchise?
Why do they have to do a 90% change an old and successful one, and slap the old main character in it? Do they think this will make it faliureproof?
What this game has that absolutely needs Kratos?

I would acually anicipate this game if it wouldn't mostly fuck up an old favorite
>>
>>341646895
fuck off with your arcadey gamey garbage, it's time for the medium to progress forward
>>
File: el.jpg (71 KB, 720x544) Image search: [Google]
el.jpg
71 KB, 720x544
>>341641832

"When do we get to the ride?"
"This IS the ride!!"
>>
>>341650241
>Why they didn't have the balls to start a new franchise?
Because is still really popular and they can pick other gods for the MC to kill.

>Why do they have to do a 90% change an old and successful one, and slap the old main character in it? Do they think this will make it faliureproof?
Because fans bitched it was getting stale and they changed the formula.

>What this game has that absolutely needs Kratos?
Character development.
>>
File: 1465860391672.jpg (69 KB, 800x587) Image search: [Google]
1465860391672.jpg
69 KB, 800x587
>love Souls games and the combat
>think it's absolute cancer all the games recently that shoehorn it into the game and it's complete trash
I'm so conflicted
>>
>>341650016
>The fact that you don't see a big WOAH COMBO doesn't mean anything.
Combos on the previous games worked as ways to get the weapon you were using to do a special attack, even the retarded abortion that was ascension did that.
Combat is also much slower than on the previous games and has less enemies on screen than the first fucking game of the series.
>Different setting, retard.
They spent ages making sure the blades he used were going to be iconic, and they fucking are, through the whole series they got upgraded, modified and had many purposes, not it's just a fucking axe.
>so
It means the game will feature smaller spaces and smaller AoE attacks from the enemies.

Jesus christ for someone who is going to "wait out" you sure are bent on defending this piece of shit.
>>
>>341640373
The blades of chaos were tied to the stories of the older games. After the way 3 ended it would make zero sense to bring them back. An axe is fitting for the new setting, and no shit combat with an axe is going to be different from combat with the blades. I'm thrilled they're finally ditching the old combat system because it was shallow as fuck and wasn't good enough to carry any more games. Whether or not this new combat system will be any good remains to be seen. We haven't been shown nearly enough to know which way it will go. You are just being a reactionary faggot.
>>
>>341650506
>did the "same franchise" because it's still really popular
>BUT fans bitched it was getting stale and they changed the formula
You have to admit there is a huge contradiction here.

You can't keep the old stuff only in name and change everything else. It's not really the "same franchise" if it has nothing of the old things that made it popular, but the name.
>>
>>341650583
If looks nothing like Souls combat though.
>>
>>341649962
how is it a risk if they're just frankensteining gameplay mechanics together from other unrelated (but popular and lucrative) games? the western industry has been doing this for years, and it's the very opposite of taking a risk.
>>
>>341640373
>Souls Clone
try Witcher clone
>>
>>341641984
>Begining of game that wants to slowly introduce you to game mechanics
>REEEE MOVIE GAME, IT HAS EMPHASIS ON STORY REEEEEEE MOVIES FUCK I NEED MUH PEW PEW ACTION STORYLESS BLOOD AND GORE
>>
>>341650583

They were always going to shoehorn some kind of unrelated hyped up shit in, it may as well be good stuff.

Dark Souls was an important game as it's reeled in the MUH CASUALS marketing influence and AAA game devs are more able to actually try and put challenge into their games. Unfortunately they are Western and thus never get it right.
>>
>>341640373
Are you a fucking retard? None of that is cinematic.

It's only "cinematic" because you don't fucking like it.
>>
>>341651329
>Beginning of the 1st God of War
https://youtu.be/MGy7t_SVMHo?t=1m6s

Notice how, in a feat of genius, they still introduce you to the game mechanics.
>>
I never liked GoW but this actually looks alright to me.

Combat seems good enough, I don't need an over the top button mash QTE event fest like the old games.

I'm also not autistic and can handle a game having plot so all in all I might give this a shot if it has a demo.
>>
>>341650630
>Combat is also much slower than on the previous games and has less enemies on screen than the first fucking game of the series.
You're still cherrypicking. We don't even know how many enemies we can have at once yet and you're, again, comparing slow and heavy weapons to fast ones.

>They spent ages making sure the blades he used were going to be iconic, and they fucking are, through the whole series they got upgraded, modified and had many purposes, not it's just a fucking axe.
Because it's a different setting. The Greek gods are now gone and it's now time for the Nordic ones to rise to power, thus they used a different weapon to show, like the trailer said, a "new beginning".

>It means the game will feature smaller spaces and smaller AoE attacks from the enemies
And? As long as the hitboxes are adapted well, there is no problem.

>Jesus christ for someone who is going to "wait out" you sure are bent on defending this piece of shit.
I just like seeing autistic people trying to come up with arguments only to see them fail miserable. Nothing personal.
>>
>already deeper combat than Souls trash
>WAAAHAHAHAHAH ITS BORING SO BOOOORING

/v/ in a nutshell, you a bunch of fags.
>>
>>341651128
>You have to admit there is a huge contradiction here.

Not really. People want more gods to be slaughtered by Kratos' BBC but they want something to spice the series up.
>>
>>341646895

too fucking videogamey. Look how long that enemy just hangs in the air. My wife's son will never believe I'm a responsible adult with that shit on my screen.
>>
>>341651876

What? Deeper combat because the mechanics is filled and blanketed with pre rendered? You sure like your movie on rails huh bro.

Cuck
>>
>>341651686
Simplistic games have simplistic introductions.

God of War has matured, it's a shame you're still trapped in a juvenile mindset.
>>
>>341651876
It's 2 kinds of people bitching

Anti storyfags who shit on literally anything that tries even an ounce of character development

and

Old time fans, which technically have a right to be mad, I mean I'm mad FF7:R isn't turn based anymore, genre flipping fucks over original fans.
>>
>>341652374
Then why is the new one simpler?
>>
it can't be worse than the original GoW games as long as you have to push litterally more than 1 button to fight.
>>
I don't see the issue. I own all the GoW games and thought this looked great.

Literally all the old GoW games play exactly the same. Seeing this one was refreshing
>>
>>341652531
I like the new GoW games but you're retarded and never played GoW
>>
File: triggered.png (464 KB, 450x495) Image search: [Google]
triggered.png
464 KB, 450x495
>>341652903
>>341652374
(((you)))

I honestly hope you guys are trolling, because this is my real life normie friend level of arguments.

Like HOLY FUCK.
>>
>>341652347
>movie on rails
>already confirmed to have open world style levels
Based retard.
>>
>Open world stats
>"WAHH MOVIE GAME WAAH"
>>
>>341640373
>wifes son follows you around the whole game
Hold on, is this bit true?

I cant tell if its shitposting or did they really try give god of war the last of us treatment.
>>
File: 1464926668775.png (225 KB, 480x335) Image search: [Google]
1464926668775.png
225 KB, 480x335
>>341644274
>My face when how bland that fucking axe is for a GoW game

It literally looks like a enchanted Skyrim Axe, how fucking lazy.
>>
>>341653395

>Witcher of War.
>>> Not an interactive movie.
>>
>>341650319
You mean backwards right? We've been doing linear narrative garbage since last generation began.
>>
>>341653742
Are you trying to suggest the Witcher is also a movie game?
>>
>>341651876
>click both thumbsticks to make kratos kill the boss in a 20 second long cutscene
>deeper than dark souls

I don't think so Tim
>>
>>341644274
what bothers me the most is the fact that every game with good graphic on PS4 is always a shit game. I though GoW was going to change that but nope.
>>
>>341653586
He upgrades and can make better independent moves later on, but yeah sounds like he's there for good.
>>
File: 10.jpg (327 KB, 1680x729) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
327 KB, 1680x729
>>341640373
Another masterpiece by Naughty God! I call it "The Citizen Kane of action Games".

#thegoodguys
>>
>>341652374
Is that you Anthony?
>>
File: fucktard.jpg (25 KB, 421x347) Image search: [Google]
fucktard.jpg
25 KB, 421x347
>>341653903

Pic very related.
>>
>>341654250
You're the retard who called a game with open world levels "on rails".
And the same retard who likened something to the Witcher and called it an "interactive movie".

You're the silly fucking willy, m8
>>
>>341654043
name one good game with good graphics on any consoles.
>>
File: 1414165440446.jpg (60 KB, 300x898) Image search: [Google]
1414165440446.jpg
60 KB, 300x898
>every new multiplayer game will be a clone of overwatch
>every new singleplayer game will be a clone of dark souls
>every new game with good graphics will be a clone of the last of us
>2d scrollers are dead
>fighting games are dead
>point and click games are dead
>no good rpgs since the gba-early nds days

Well, gonna change my hobbie fellow anons, what are you going to do when vidya becomes unbearable in like a year?
>>
>>341643494
It's not even close to Soulsborne, you fuckface. Did you play any of those games?
>>
>>341654772
>2d scrollers are dead
good, im sick of them. theyre always pretentious hipster indie shit that rely too heavily on artstyle everytime.
>>
>>341651858
>You're still cherrypicking
I'm fucking not, on all of the games in the main trilogy you are faced right after the first cutscene with more enemies than those of the trailer.

>comparing slow and heavy weapons to fast ones.
Because the first weapon on the series is always a fast one for a reason, it is so because it rewards more skilled players. Slow weapons have always been secondary.

>Because it's a different setting.
Doesn't change the fact that the the shitty axe they showed is extremely generic and forgettable. Also doesn't change the fact that the blades he always used had nothing to do with greek weaponry, actually none of his weapons were inspired by greek weaponry.
>And? As long as the hitboxes are adapted well, there is no problem.
It means the combat will be slower, with less enemies, less focus on timing, twitch skills and strategy on how to manipulate large groups of enemies.

>I just like seeing autistic people trying to come up with arguments only to see them fail miserable. Nothing personal.
That's not an answer, they are butchering a decent series and you there defending it like a shill.
>>
>>341654772
Imma make animations. Or video games so I can make one that's not shit.
>>
>>341654543
(((you)))

For you mustard race.
>>
>>341655073
>good, im sick of them. theyre always pretentious hipster indie shit that rely too heavily on artstyle everytime.

Castlevania is literally none of that, neither is megaman or metroid.
>>341655213
Godspeed anon, best of luck.
>>
>>341643579
No but it quite literally is his wife's son you dumbass
>>
>>341654772
be angry all day.
>>
File: 1458424598400.jpg (151 KB, 368x368) Image search: [Google]
1458424598400.jpg
151 KB, 368x368
>>341655073
>"I don't like it so no more games of this genre should be made, fuck people who like them."
>>
>>341656123
but that's what we come to /v/ for
>>
>>341652210
So do norse? I think norse mythology is more interesting than greek.
>>
>>341656932
I know like /v/ is my main hobby.
>>
>>341654772
Probably build pcs for people. I already do it for free. Why not have em pay out the ass?
>>
File: 1458874324417.png (247 KB, 500x706) Image search: [Google]
1458874324417.png
247 KB, 500x706
>>341657004
>>
>>341655073
Fuck you I love Castlevania and Shovel Knight.
>>
>>341655682
If its his son why the fuck would he inteoduce him as his wifes son? If hes the dad its my son. With both of em, our son. God youre so fucking retarded. I hope if you ever get a wife and have a son, she cheats on you and you end up raising your wifes son.
>>
>>341640373
>your wife's son
>That beard
You can't make this shit up, i thought he was supposed to be a badass viking now not some nu-male cuck.
>>
>>341657314
Thats all greek mythology is. This god raped this bitch or this female loved a bullman or bullman impregnated hot bitch.
>>
>>341657556
Since when does having a scruffy beard make you a cuck? And that little shit is his son.
>>
>>341657556

Wait, it was not his biological son? Or you're just memeing.
>>
>>341657906
His wife and son are fucking dead, that's the entire premise of the first game
>>
c-click the thumbsticks for a cool uncontrollable kill! ebin!
>>
>>341658134
Didnt know you couldnt spawn another child with anither woman.
>>
>>341657906
There's literally no evidence that the boy isn't his, it's just a retarded meme.
>>
File: 1466033273607.jpg (169 KB, 692x720) Image search: [Google]
1466033273607.jpg
169 KB, 692x720
>>341640373
bullshit, holy fuck I thought this Kratos was a different Kratos, I mean, it does not have the fucking scar from the second game and you are telling me that there are various gods depending on the place you are? thats stupid, fuck I dont understand
>>
>>341640373
abusive fathers are great!
>>
>>341658134
Literally what does that have to do with the little kid in the new game? Are you mentally retarded?
>>
>>341644274
>The Ryse of Us
fuck you Sony
>>
>>341640373
REALLY? You think you can do better than them? Show me your videogame please! Oh there is none? Bad luck, because SONY HAD SOLD 40 MILLION UNITS OF PS4. And why did they sell that much? Because the quality of its first party titles. Look at mother effin Uncharted 4. Uh? It has more GOTY awards than xbox ones sold. Maybe you should rethink your premise before doubting Sony and the PS4. I mean, I cant even understand why would you do this? Do you have a Nintendo? Is that why? Jealous of OUR games? I mean there are pathetic assholes but you, you ar a new a new golden stndanr of looser, what were they think? more like more like more like more like more like wht whereyouthinking god damnd rtard thisisseriusly disturbinwhy thefuckwoould you JUST POST THAT ITS LIKEITSLIKEITSLIKE DFSGDFGSDFGSDFGBFBNJKLGHJHFGHGFGEDRTETTREGDCBVCBVDFGDGFDTRGERTETETRFGDCGDGFDHG
>>
>God of Ryse: Son of My Wife.
>>
>Ruined the combat
>Ruined the camera
>Ruining the story
>Ruining the gameplay

This shit is not God of War.
>>
>>341660573

>Witcher of War: A Wild Son of a Hunk.
>>
My husband's daughter is looking forward to this. So I don't see what is wrong.
>>
Is David Jaffe still associated with this series?
>>
>>341661212
It's made by Corey Barlog. The guy who made GOD OF WAR FUCKING 2.
>>
>>341661030
Did Wild get any new gameplay this year?
>>
File: 1464755212887.jpg (372 KB, 900x720) Image search: [Google]
1464755212887.jpg
372 KB, 900x720
Is this the same Kratos from the other games? how the fuck does that even make sense?
>>
File: wewtos.jpg (66 KB, 342x303) Image search: [Google]
wewtos.jpg
66 KB, 342x303
>>
>>341657549
It's not his son dipshit. It is his wife's son.
>>
>>341661382

What?
>>
File: rose.jpg (100 KB, 532x600) Image search: [Google]
rose.jpg
100 KB, 532x600
>>341661425
>>
>>341661425
It's a reboot you retarded trapposter
>>
>>341661637
holy fucking shit my sides
>>
Shit change. I won't be playing this garbage at all.

Guerrilla is doing a better GoW than Santa Monica.
>>
>>341661425
sauce
>>
>>341642241

Your wife's Bull's son's son
>>
>looks better
>better combat inspired by Souls series
>actually has compelling voice acting and story

day one buy
>>
Everything you've said only makes me more interested. God of War was shite. Glad they're trying something new for it.
Hey, on the bright side, if it's shite, it'll have about the same quality as the orginal ones.
>>
>>341646895
Look like shit
>>
File: 1340568532795.png (8 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1340568532795.png
8 KB, 429x410
>>341662157
>better combat
>>
I dont understand why the fuck is everybody saying its his wife's son? The OP article never says it, in fact, they called him "Krato's son"
>>
>>341662252
Cuck is the new popular meme of this year.
>>
>>341662252
its a meme you dip
>>
>>341662158
THIS
The mechanics in GoW1 were good for ps2 but not anymore that shits stale as fuck
>>
>>341653813

and it's just now finally getting good, see: Uncharted 4

this is where gaming is headed, deal with it
>>
>/v/ constantly shits on GoW for fucking YEARS
>the second they change anything suddenly it's "NO NO DON'T CHANGE MUH GOD OF WAR"
Y'all are a bunch of bitchy fucking dramaqueens.

I know you want every single game to be the next DmC or TORtanic, and I'm sorry, but this is not it. The series had every fucking opportunity to evolve. 4 home console games and 2 handheld games, and after all that the developers showed themselves completely incapable of developing that core character action gameplay in any meaningful way across the franchise. At a certain point after failing so many fucking times at adding any real depth to your game, you should probably call it quits and try something different.

Yes, in terms of story, there is an initial and altogether surface level amount of enjoyment to be had from having a guy who is "ANGRY GUY" who "IS GONNA KILL EVERYONE EVER AGGGHHHHH" but do not fucking lie and act like Kratos was ever a character worth caring about beyond seeing more destruction. Don't act like you were endeared to him on any real level like you can be with Dante, or Kazuma. And I'm not saying either of those series are fucking Norwegian Wood, but at least I can say I'd give a shit about plenty of characters from both if they died. I cannot say that about GoW after playing three and a half games of it.

I feel like I'm in an alternate fucking universe where /v/ bizarrely gives a shit about this lackluster, QTE-filled, cinematic, edgy-as-fuck, Square Square Triangle bullshit series, without a hint of levity or fun to it's characters and world. Why the FUCK do you care what they do with God of War? At least they're doing SOMETHING with it- and if it fails- fucking WHATEVER, it's not like they had a lot to lose in the first place. WHY DO YOU CARE?
>>
>>341662362
>>341662431
I fucking hate this site
>>
>close eyes
>Spam triangle and square
>Enemies die
>Repeat till game is beaten

Yeah how 1,2,3 are so amazing. Go fucken play them again and you'll understand they are so fucking dated. Gameplay is literally clunky as fuck and feels horrible.
>>
File: 1456336256419.gif (281 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1456336256419.gif
281 KB, 250x250
>fast paced hack-n-slash with gets downgraded into boring slow DaS-tier shit
I didn't even play GoW that much and I'm pissed off
>>
Looks like shit.

But then, God of War was always shit.

This is just a different flavor of shit.
>>
>>341640373
>wah every game must be like devil may cry
>wah you gotta be alone at all times
>wah everything is like dark souls
>wah you're walking slow its cinematic
>wah character is to the side so cinema
>wah you have to walk for 10 seconds cinema
>wah character dialogue so cinema leave me alone wah
booooo you're fucking boring
>>
File: 1399276622811.gif (966 KB, 247x248) Image search: [Google]
1399276622811.gif
966 KB, 247x248
I really hate how popular Souls got.
I also hate how popular that over the shoulder camera got from RE4. What the fuck is it doing in a melee-focused action game?
>>
I think it looks cool...first one i have been interested in since the first one...but apples and oranges i suppose
>>
>>341662904
>likes gow combat
>doesnt like das combat

Feel free to kill yourself at any point.
>>
>>341662904
They're all eating it up too saying how it's great that it's a "mature" experience. I've never seen so many people that are insecure about their maturity.
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 500x524) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 500x524
>mfw the next Twisted Metal minimizes the car combat gameplay in favor of focusing on a storyline that delves into the deep dark psyche of Sweet Tooth
>>
another one lost to muh cinematic experiences

thanks sony
>>
File: 1465764685162.png (195 KB, 508x514) Image search: [Google]
1465764685162.png
195 KB, 508x514
The worst part about this is you know it's gonna get rave reviews and be eaten up by casuals, and it will only help perpetuate this shitty trend
>>
>>341665258
Oh please, shut the fuck up already.
>>
>>341640373
I liked when video games were more games and less video
>>
>>341667225
Welcome to the future, where everything improves and influences happen. Go back to vr you stupid fucking faggot.
>>
>>341667575
>Shitty movie games
>Improvements
>>
>>341667647
>>341664189
>>
If God of War combat is not vicious, gory and fast, then why even call if God of War? The fucking name implies the character is an unstoppable killing machine that slaughters armies, not a pansy who slowly fights his enemies one-on-one following strict attack patterns and waiting for the right time to strike.

God of War is supposed to be mindless violence. This is bullshit.
>>
The Order: 1886 was a flop, and this game seems to use the same engine. won't be surprised if the game also have these 'pick up items and start inspect them with your hands' sections.
>>
>>341667113
Oh look, it's one of you "matur games for matur gamurs" faggots. Does entertainment media not focusing on murder and condescending plot points make you scared?
>>
>>341667936
>then why even call if God of War
because that's how they make a 'new' game with zero risks of a new ip.
all the GoW drones will still buy it, even if all signs point to it being a totally new game with the god of war name and mc pasted onto it.
>>
>>341667843
Are you trying to say mediocre cinematic heavily scripted games are good? Really?
>>
>>341667936
No. God of War isn't what your stupid fucking faggot mind thinks it is, it's whatever the creator of the series wants it to be. The name implies nothing, but that you are the God of War, and you haven't seen much of anything to come to that conclusion. You stupid motherfucker. God of War isn't supposed to be "this".

>>341668015
Nothing to do with The Order.

>IT USES THE SAME GRAPHOICS HUR DUR ITS THE SAME WOW ITS GONNA FLOP JUS

Shut the FUCK up.

>>341668039
>Oh look, it's one of you "matur games for matur gamurs" faggots
Never thought I'd actually shake my head in real life. You are immensely retarded and I have no fucking clue how you got that from my comment.

>>341668286
They can be. ho the fuck do you think you are you fucking piece of shit? From the looks of it, it wasn't "HEAVILY SCRIPTED".
>>
>>341668286
yes. arcadey toys are for children
>>
>>341668417
>>IT USES THE SAME GRAPHOICS HUR DUR ITS THE SAME WOW ITS GONNA FLOP JUS
who are you quoting?
>>
>>341668417
>I have no clue how you got that from my comment
>Oh please, shut the fuck up already

You insecurity is very obvious. It's okay though, I'm sure the other 12 year olds think you are a very mature person for your age.
>>
>>341644274
It is though, big enemies like that you usually just do the good ol /\/\[] and roll out of the way and repeat.
>>
>>341668417
>it's whatever the creator of the series wants it to be

You can't simply take something that has been stabilished, and then all of a sudden change it into something different.

It's like if Lord of the Rings started as a high fantasy story with orcs, elves and magic, and then half-way through the story it became a criminal noir trhiller set in the 1940's. No one would like that.
>>
>>341668753
How lovely. Thank you for your deeply, well-thought out insult that hurt me very badly.
>>
>>341668417
I can't tell if this is some good b8 or you're just an idiot. Had a good laugh regardless
>>
>>341668871
>You can't simply take something that has been stabilished, and then all of a sudden change it into something different.
Yes you can, it's called a reboot. If they can't do anything else with the gameplay, then they will move onto something else. Things change, bitch. Get over it. Last word this thread sucks.
>>
File: trashed.gif (2 MB, 580x433) Image search: [Google]
trashed.gif
2 MB, 580x433
>that trailer
they turned it into a LITERAL MOVIEGAME what the hell

god of war always had a cinematic flair but the gameplay was still very videogamey. now it's just generic sony moviegame #5343
>>
>>341669017
>cant tell if bait
check
>laughing ass off
check
>ur an idiaut
check
>completely irrelevant post that replies to big post to make him seem like a smarty
check. Kill yourself, nobody likes you.
>>
File: 1464934549835.png (246 KB, 484x605) Image search: [Google]
1464934549835.png
246 KB, 484x605
>Rage meters fills up from Kratos getting angry at his son

truly a dad simulator ;-;
>>
>>341644274
I thought God of War was DMC style?
>>
>>341669048
>it's called a reboot

And people have a right to not like that. How many game reboots have been complete failures now?

>DmC
>Killer Instinct
>Thief
>Turok
>Flashback
>SimCity
>Medal of Honor
>Alone in he Dark
>Bomberman Act Zero
>Bionic Commando

I can go on. All of these games followed the same line as GoW. No one likes reboots.
>>
>>341668417
>>341669197
I can't tell if this is a joke. This is comically edgy
>>
>TLOU
>Bioshock Infinite
>Dishonored
>Walking Dead
>Witcher 3
Is the daddy narrative the way of the future? It always plays out the same; gruff male figure learning to care about some brat. God knows why some people go hyperbolic apeshit over the stuff and say things like Citizen Kane of gaming.
>>
>>341644274
>gets hit with massive stone plinth
>barely loses 1/10th of HP

Isn't this set before he was an god-killing avatar of rage and all that?
>>
>>341669770
>ll of these games followed the same line as GoW. No one likes reboots.

Normalfags seem to love this
>>
>>341644274
A POTENTIAL GOD OF WAR GAME WAS THE ONLY REASON I BOUGHT A PS4. I MIGHT AS WELL SELL IT OR THROW IT AWAY NOW!
>>
>>341670041
>Dishonored
>Witcher 3
Except these games had good gameplay to go along with it. W3 not as much as Dishonored, but still.

Even Bioshock Infinite had a few glimpses of good gameplay, although dumbed down from the godlike gameplay of Bioshock 2.

>Citizen Kane of gaming

Funnily, Citizen Kane is not praised only for it's story, it's mostly due to the cinematography which set the new standard for movies of the next generation and on.

What's the closest thing to cinematography when it comes to gaming? Most definetely it's gameplay, yet no one cares about that anymore.

>>341670072
It's after GoW 3, and even as soon as Chains of Olympus he already was very durable and superhuman. I don't know if Ascension is before or after CoO, but he also did some crazy shit there.

Humans aren't puny at all in GoW, at least not Spartans. Even the Last Spartan gave ex-god Kratos a good fight in GoW2.
>>
File: 1375831263476.jpg (91 KB, 790x500) Image search: [Google]
1375831263476.jpg
91 KB, 790x500
>>341670627
No one likes normalfags either
>>
>>341670627
Not really, none of those made critical success and also didn't sell well. The least offender is Killer Instinct, but that's really only because it's an exclusive, so Xboners will naturally buy an exclusive just because it's exclusive.

The only recent reboot that sold well was Tomb Raider, but it actually was a good game.
>>
File: Screenshot_345.png (735 KB, 862x559) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_345.png
735 KB, 862x559
"Your mother thaught you to hunt, yes?
"Yes, sir"

holy shit, what if Kratos found the little shit and her mother was already dead? Like Kratos finds out about a son and when he finds him his mother is already killed? Like that would be cool, because is exactly the opposite shit Zeus did with OG Kratos
>>
>>341672391
deeeeeppppeeessst looooorrreeee!!!
Thread replies: 228
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.