[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think DA2 gets an unreasonable amount of hate. Maybe it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 23523453453245.png (984 KB, 1215x1023) Image search: [Google]
23523453453245.png
984 KB, 1215x1023
I think DA2 gets an unreasonable amount of hate. Maybe it's because I got it for free, but I had a lot of fun with it and it had some decent ideas, even if those ideas existed only to justify the low budget.

Also, default femHawke best girl.
>>
>>341636924
It's my favorite DA game because it's different
DA:O is the most generic of them all, and DA:I is just way too boring with a million fetch quests and story locked behind boring side missions
>>
>>341638289
>It's my favorite DA game because it's different
>I like this lazy and limited game because it's different
Literal stereotypical hipster trash. The copy pasted dungeons, overall tiny floor space and mostly unlikeable main cast were pretty unforgiveable, and I'm someone who gives Bioware a fair rap unlike a lot of /v/.
>>
>>341636924
>Also, default femHawke best girl.
Except I tried going Sarcastihawke and she ended up being obnoxious.
>>
>>341639062
It's better to have small and repetitive dungeons than big huge rooms
At least you don't wast so much time walking around
Also I preferred the characters in DA2
Origins only had Morrigan that I liked
>>
>>341636924
I agree i also liked DA2 i beat it a few times with different classes trying new things everytime
but helping anders is fucking bonkers
>>
>>341639621
>it's better to have [this shitty thing] than [this other shitty thing which I'm using as a red herring]
This argument only shows your low standards. I know cast is a subjective thing, but fans clearly struggle to argue how anyone but Varric and Avelyne are genuinely likeable.
>>
>>341640007
I liked Isabela
Fenris was cool because of his powers
Merril was endearing
And the map criticism is something I never understood
I mean remember the hell that were the deep roads in DA:O?
And how much better it was in DA2?
>>
>>341638289
DA:O was the best because it actually felt like you had accomplished something at the end of the game with all of the armies marching to the final battle while Alistair / Logain's daughter (really don't care about her) sings your praises to the common people.

DA2 made me wonder if I had even done anything or just unlocked cutscenes from what was supposed to be a movie.
>>
>>341636924
>I think DA2 gets an unreasonable amount of hate
Not unreasonable, overdrawn.
It was a clear slap in the face of players how they aggressively marketed the game and how they influenced review outlets to further the completely unwarranted hype for it. Just as clearly forseeable was the backlash of the players when they inevitably realise that what was promised as mana from heaven was actually just ordinary fecal matter.

The game was not exactly terrible or actually bad, but if someone promises you kobe beef and you merely get an acceptable steak, outrage is a very adequate reaction.
inb4 food analogy
>>
DA:O is the best dragon age game and one of my favourite rpg games, 2 was okay and i just couldnt into inquisition.
Also awakening was one of the best dlc for any game
>>
>>341640431
What?
In DA:O you end the blight
Un DA2 you either become the ruler of kirkwall or start the mage uprising
They both have a pretty big accomplishment at the end
>>
>>341636924
DA2 suffered from
>Ugly graphics
>Dumbed down enemy and level design
>Reused levels
>Disconnected story
>Reduced choices
I liked them trying to ditch the save the world cliche storyline, and stop following the Bioware cliche chart, but sadly they halfassed it or were rushed by EA and fell flat on their faces.
>>
>>341639201
That's why you play her as an asshole/ice queen
>>
>>341642831
I put a lot of the blame for DA2 at EA's feet. They rushed that release like crazy.
>>
>>341640820
Hawke doesn't start the mage uprising. He's around when it happens.
>>
>>341642834
Not him but the writing for asshole Hawke was also overobvious and tiring.
>>
>>341643605
He can become the defacto leader
Anders can't lead anyone
Nobody remembers the name of the guys who blew up the twin towers, they remember the guy who was bossing them around
>>
File: 1390696467530.jpg (114 KB, 682x682) Image search: [Google]
1390696467530.jpg
114 KB, 682x682
So underage video game hipsters won't even stop at defending utter trash like DA2 if only enough time has passed since release, eh?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.