[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>if you play too close to your teammates you die to errant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5
File: just pass my iris up.png (161 KB, 350x286) Image search: [Google]
just pass my iris up.png
161 KB, 350x286
>if you play too close to your teammates you die to errant spam
>if you play too far you get isolated by a flanker
>if you try to do in between you get fucked by both

Whose idea was it to give the character with the least mobility the least amount of HP?
>>
>>341631767
It's called blizzard nerfs. This is the future of any character you beg for nerfs for in overwatch.
>>
At least he can't get one shotted by a Widowmaker bodyshot anymore. That's a start, kind of.
>>
File: zenyatta.0.jpg (48 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
zenyatta.0.jpg
48 KB, 800x450
>>341631767
Git gud. Kill them before they kill you. Zenyatta is a beast in the right hands, low health or no.
>>
>>341631936
Was he different in the beta?
>>
>>341632060
Literally any Tracer that isn't a mouthbreather will fuck your shit up. As soon as you discord+headshot her she'll just rewind and finish you off.
>>
>>341632360
Yep, hard counters are definitely a thing in this game.
>>
>>341632097
Yes, he was actually really fucking good.

Then he got hit with a nerf hammer and became the worst character on the cast. In fact, several characters in beta got nerfed and needed those nerfs removed because they were too much. Zenyatta just never got fixed and it shows.
>>
>>341632495
Of course, they should exist. Zen's problem is that essentially every DPS has an easy time killing him. Mercy and Lucio have superior health and superior escapes.
>>
File: Flanking team.jpg (689 KB, 668x4298) Image search: [Google]
Flanking team.jpg
689 KB, 668x4298
>>341632810
Mercy's escape is entirely team dependent.
>>
>>341632810
Yes, but they don't have the damage and debuff capabilities that Zen has.
>>
>>341632097
He's still amazing it's just his health pool that sucks.
His orbs do insane damage especially if you pile on discord
>>
>>341632097
>>341632583
The sad part is that he was nerfed due to other characters being overpowered, and not because he himself was all that strong.

Same shit happened to Symmetra. Genji and Tracer were broken, so they nerfed Symmetra and Zenyatta.

>>341632495
Problem is that Zen doesn't counter anyone on his own, due to him being explicitly support. Mercy does most of the same things he does, but better. Her damage buff is stronger, her heal is better, she's more mobile, has more HP, and her ult has a bigger impact on the match, and all of her 200 health regenerates like Zenyatta's 100 shield.
>>
>if you play at all you're tard who bought into the hype
>>
>>341633058
>Her damage buff is stronger, her heal is better
But Zen can do both at once WHILE pumping out insane damage.
>>
>>341633090
10 million tards strong
>>
>>341633058

I like his semi "fire and forget" approach to healing
>>
>>341633058
Mercy's damage buff isn't better, because only one person can take advantage of it.
Everyone, including Zenyatta himself, can benefit from a Discord Orb.
She kicks his ass in mobility, and that's it.
>>
>>341631767
>blizzard nerfing the fun out of the game
I'm thankful I haven't fallen for their bullshit after RoS.
>>
>>341631767
>not kill stealing with a kill stealer
>>
I feel like Zenyatta should have Reaper's invulnerable wraithwalk ability.
>>
>lucio and mercy are mobile as hell, have strong as fuck heals and ultimate

>symet is slow as sin, turrets are good for maybe one kill if that, only saving grace is a tele

>zen is just shit, only saving grace is DPS
>>
>>341633058
>Mercy damage buff
>+30% for one friendly

>Zeny discord orb
>enemy takes +50% damage from all sources

Mercy's is definitely not better. Mercy has an easier time healing and charging and better mobility though
>>
>>341631942
Kind of, but you still get bodyshot then uncharged shot immediately
>>
>>341633058
>Problem is that Zen doesn't counter anyone on his own, due to him being explicitly support.
I dunno man. I shit all over tanks unless they get close to me whenever I'm Zen, all while helping others do so as well.

He does need much more mobility though, or an escape or something. He has a pretty deadly combo of downsides with both low mobility and low health. He also isn't that great at healing a team compared to other characters. Just one of these needs to be improved to fix him proper. Mobility would be nice or even giving the orbs an aura or letting them go through walls.

You could even play more into the offensive secondary support thing. Make the harmony orbs give a damage boost or something.

There's so much you can do to bring Zen up to the level of Lucio and Mercy but it's not going to happen because tards see his dps and think that's enough.
>>
>>341633834
tbqh I'd take a discord orb nerf in exchange for just +25 hp. Fuck, nerf it like widow where bodyshots are weaker but headshots are unchanged.
>>
>>341634013
They're both 50%
>>
>>341631767
He really needs to have 100 HP, not 150 which feels like too much. They also need to nerf his discord orb to only increase damage by 25% and not 50% So tired of Zen being overpowered :\
>>
>>341634371
no Mercy is 30%
>>
I'm level 25 and more or less main Zen. I guess, I pick other heroes too, but when I can I try to pick him.

Here's some thoughts
>Low health is compensed by armor , so even if he's (often) hurts very badly simply stepping out of the fight for a while will regenerate two third of your total health.
>Orb of harmony is alright, great range, decent health regen for squishies. Some characters don't need it though, but otherwise it's always a plus to have him on someone. The 3-second LoS is bullshit though, it should be maybe 6 seconds.
>Orb of discord is great, if you're not having it on a bugger in front of you you're doing something wrong. With it you can eat tanks like breakfeast and if you can aim you dish out some very serious DPS
>Orb of Destruction is nice, it's very precise and suffer no damages falloff with distance. With 20 charges you can keep shooting forever and you'll die or kill all the imemdiate threats before it runs out. Charged shot isn't of much use besides quickly popping out of cover and destroying a sentry protected by Torb
>Zenyatta isn't made for Koth, considering everyone's always flanking everyone else and you'll die in the crossfire.
>When I'm in attack and we're on the last point, I tend to switch to someone else. His ultimate is considered great for push, and maybe it is, but I play on pub so I rarely get a coordinated team to pull it off, so it's best to take someone that can go the distance. When it works though, it's a good feeling.

I don't think he needs an health buff. His main problem was Widow bodyshotting him and that was fixed. All his others counter like Tracer or pretty much everyone catching up with him will kill him, even if he has 175 HP. His orb of harmony could maybe use some extra buff, maybe something speed-related or an effect shared by Zenyatta. I guess making Orb of Discord's wallhack visible by everyone on the team will be too OP, but it's a nice idea.
>>
>>341634612
>I main Zen
>low health is compensed by armor
Come on, mate
>>
>>341634612
It's shield not armour, shield regenerates while armour reduces damage taken by 50% or a maximum of 5 per individual projectile
>>
>>341634612
The trick to using his ult in pubs is to use it as a counter. When you hear genji yell his weeb speak, zarya holes you, soldier ult, etc etc that's when you use it. Or when your surrounding teammates are low as fuck.
>>
>>341635012
I thought shield was what Reinhart and Zarya used.
>>
>>341635178
That's a barrier
Shield is blue hp
Armor is yellow hp
>>
>>341635178
No, shield is what Toblerone distribues and a few heroes like Winston have natively
Symmetra distributes shields
>>
>>341635359
>No, shield is what Toblerone distribues
Armour, of course
Proofreading is hard
>>
>>341635316
>>341635359
Ah, alright.
>>
How to fix Zenyatta
>New passive: Lotus form
>When Zen is dealt fatal damage he is reborn as a 5 petal lotus flower.
>In Lotus form Zenyatta retains his old abilities, but his heals is transformed into 5 lotus petals, any damage will remove one lotus petal
>if he loses all his petals he will wither and die
>if he assists and kills the enemy team enough he'll charge up, the lotus will bloom and Zen will regain his normal body form just like D.va and her mech.

There, Zen now has survivability and still rewards people from playing the hit and run sniping game with the crazy omnic.
>>
>>341636952
What fucking brony-ass, deviantart-tier babytalk is this shit?
>>
>>341636952
So dva's passive except it removes his healing ability?
>>
>>341636952
Autism.
>>
>>341637491
Here's your (you)
>>
>>341636952
There was a point where Zen was considered OP, then they tweaked his numbers and now he's shit. You don't need to reinvent the wheel, anon.
>>
>>341631767
Could just make him have 2 modes like Lucio

>One harmony mode to do a passive heal like lucio and also gives Zen more mobility and more health
>Another mode called discord mode to give the team a passive damage buff but makes Zen more slow and less health
>>
>>341637581
yeah just loses his Q until he dies or is reborn from the lotus, pretty much like D.va
>>
>>341638460
>How to fix Zen
>Make him Lucio
no thank you
>>
>>341633058
lol

a unchecked zenyatta can shred tanks like nobodies business. He's literally the definition of class canon.
>>
135 damage per headshot on a debuffed target

and he can passively heal allies

and everyone benefits from his debuff

and most of his health is fast regenerating shields

very strong ult that charges extremely fast thanks to Zen's ability to both passively heal allies and kill enemies with big beefy headshots

dude has low health and no mobility for a reason, and I say this as a Zen "main" who regularly carries pub teams all by his damn self.
>>
>>341632060
Why play him over tracer.
>>
>>341639221
why play a team support character who represents one of if not the best force multipliers in the game instead of a shitty short range dps character?
>>
>>341633058
Zen's damage debuff is meant to be coupled with his damage output.
Anyone saying Zen isn't viable is just shit at this point, especially now that Widow's been nerfed.
>>
>>341639034
He fills a role there is no niche for. I love playing Zen because I have to be aware of my surroundings all the time, both of allies and enemies. With that being said: he underperforms in healing when compared to other healers such as Lucio and Mercy (one of whom heals much most passively than Zen with more effectiveness). If you're looking at his damage: getting a dedicated damage hero is just better.

On top of this he has two downsides that compound with eachother to make him an even worse choice for doing either compared to his peers.

There are no scenarios in which one should pick Zen other than to enjoy him or to pick up the slack from incompetent teammates who aren't doing their jobs correctly. If you have a good team there is a better choice. He requires some fixing.
>>
he does totally fine healing while doing something the other healers really don't do. Prevent damage by killing enemies.
>>
Im pretty confident he will get a buff. The game is pretty balanced but when i see reaper who does a shit ton of damage...heals from his passive..
Has 250 health...has the the best/one of the only escape abilities in the game.....and then theres zenyatta (i do like to play zen) one of the lowest health pools heals are "ok" and is slow as shit/no escape...it bugs me
>>
>>341641969
To add to this at least he doesn't get insta-gibbed from widowmaker body shots anymore..
>>
>>341633058
Anon, that's not true. Zen was nerfed because he himself was entirely too good. The only thing they changed was a Discord orb isn't 100% a death sentence because it is no longer permanent until he changes targets and of course Zen himself dies to a stiff wind.

>>341631767
Anon, it's important to remember that there was a brief moment in the closed beta period that Zen was way stronger than acceptable.
>>
>>341641712
I usually kill quite a few enemies as lucio, and that's not counting the enviro kills he can make in some stages.
And his speed buff makes him a more difficult target.
>>
>>341633834

I think they should nerf healing and discord but let you throw out 3 orbs at once.
>>
Zen can't heal a team by himself. He's most effective in combination with a mercy or lucio
>>
File: 1464773241598.jpg (15 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1464773241598.jpg
15 KB, 320x320
>>341644405
Way too much fucking management, those orbs fall off under so many circumstances it would be retarded.

Have you even played him?
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.