[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was this guy's motive?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8
What was this guy's motive?
>>
>>341631220
He wanted to be turned into the final Aeon which would eventually become sin.
>>
to become sin and have the neurotoxins give him an ultra high
>>
>>341631220
To get a better haircut.
>>
He wanted da pussy
>>
Intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor
>>
>>341632328
by all regards, Seymour was a dummy.
>>
To be Teedus's dad.
>>
>>341631220
Wanted to become sin so he could just kill everything.
>>
He unwillingly became a nihilist after his mother sacrificed her own life to become a fayth, for him to defeat Sin, who would only return again. Driven mad by this, he saw no purpose in life, as it, in his eyes, only meant suffering and despair. His solution was to kill all things and everything.
>>
Mommy issues
>>
>>341631220
Such a Lust for Power!
>>
>>341632801
To be fair, he was right. nice everyone died, they'd all just be immortal spirits forever. They don't even have to leave the material plane.
>>
He was bullied for not being a true Guado, so he wanted to become Sin and kill everything to ensure permanent peace.
>>
>>341631220
shitting on everyone
>>
>>341631220
Depression. He wanted to an hero and take everyone with him.
>>
>>341631220
He wanted to become to next Sin, hoping to stay in control enough to use this power to wipe out all life on Spira. It is very clear that death is not the end of existence in FFX's universe, so you can't really accuse him of being evil for evil's sake.

He believed death is an elevation of status, Yevon and his post-Macalania shenanigans pretty much proved as much, too. He wanted to give that to everyone on Spira.
>>
>>341634415
I'm pretty sure you needed to be extremely strong to remain in spira after dying.
>>
>>341634661
Aye you needed a strong will to not become a fiend. If that wasn't the case no one would give a shit about anyone dying.
>>
Life...is full of suffering. Wouldn't it be better if Spira was released from pain and worry?
>>
>>341634415
what is it with Japan and the "If I kill all humans, no one will ever suffer again" reasoning for villians
>>
>>341635121
It's just something that actually makes sense in a universe that has definitive proof of an afterlife.
>>
>>341635121
If we had irrefutable proof that the catholic version of heaven is where you go after you die if you're a devout catholic, everyone converting and one person sacrificing themselves to kill everyone else and let them go there would be the ideal way to end all suffering.
>>
>>341636471
Isn't that what Jesus did?
>>
>>341636649
Kill everyone so they can go to heaven? Not that I recall.
>>
>>341635121
they believe in the afterlife
>>
>>341632801
>He unwillingly became a nihilist
I'm not sure anyone willingly becomes a nihilist. If you actually want to become a nihilist that probably means you're sorta nihilistic to start with, or more likely you're just a bloody moron.
>>
>>341636798
It happened. We're all in heaven.
The hype train hit a bit too hard.
>>
>>341638056
We made heaven a shithole.
That sounds like an interesting setting for a short story.
>>
>>341638014
If we're gonna get that high-concept about this shit, no one willingly becomes or does anything, we're all just collections of past experiences and genetic predisposition. Free will is an illusion.
>>
>>341631220
Suffered discrimination from the Guado's at an early age for being half Guado and half human. Add to that the fact that his mother was forced to become a Fayth, he had a lot of resentment and hatred for his people and his father. I think a lot of people would feel the same way in his shoes, you know if your mother was turned into a giant monster. His hair and douchey personality is what turns people off
>>
File: 1457452710068.jpg (92 KB, 829x589) Image search: [Google]
1457452710068.jpg
92 KB, 829x589
>>341631220
>>
In the context of how everyone understands Spira, it kinda makes sense; you can defeat Sin over and over but it just keeps coming back with less and less peace time, so Seymour's plan was to become Sin itself and wipe out all life to stop the endless cycle of sacrifice and suffering.

Of course it's only when the fayth get fucking tired of dreaming forever and Teedus gets yanked into existence that the method of breaking the cycle is discovered.
>>
>>341631220
How would you describe this haircut?
>>
>>341642651
It's some kind of half hair, half tree roots bullshit. Doesn't have to make sense.
>>
>>341642651
badass
>>
>>341638380
That's almost literally the Genesis story. We fucked up and God kicked us out of the Garden of Eden, we were supposed to look after the earth but we're destroying it.
>>
>>341634860

>Shirt for the tats

Man. I shouldn't be triggered but I am.
>>
>>341634860
>literally too lazy to draw on his fucking skin
>>
>>341638928
She chose to become a fayth for him so he could become accepted by people.
>>
>>341644483
found the underaged weeb
>>
no people no problems
honestly a solid plan
>>
To escape that Spiral of Death.
People usually become monsters if they aren't sent, due to an envy of the living. But what if everyone's dead? If there's no living to envy, maybe everyone will just be unsent and no longer have any fear of Sin because they're dead already.

This was Seymour's plan, essentially.
>>
>my hair looks like his on the sides of my head

i gotta get my shit straightened soon again. shits embarassing.
>>
>>341644932
>>341644982

I know I was talking shit but to be fair, that is a female so I know WHY a shirt was worn but it's still bullshit. I am pretty sure you had a couple of ways to be more creative than this.
>>
>>341631220
mad at the world because he got a shit haircut.
>>
>>341641015

It's been a while since I played this game what happened exactly? How did this system work?

Spira was the real world or was that Zanarkand? Prolly need to check the wiki.

Like how do you get tired of dreaming that's some shit man.
>>
>>341632606
>Teedus's
You just made everybody in this thread dumber.
>>
>>341634860
I can't stand it when people try to dress up like people the look nothing like. A fat girl should not cosplay as a skinny character. Call me insensitive if you want, but I guess I'm just a perfectionist or something. When I was a kid and dressed up for Halloween I had to look as much as physically possible like the thing I was dressing up as, down to the last detail, otherwise I just felt like I looked like shit.
>>
>>341646843
Spira was the real world
When the real Zanarkand was getting wrecked, Yu Yevon had the people become fayth and dream of an eternal Zanarkand
Yu Yevon then created Sin with the souls of the dead to serve as Dream Zanarkand's guardian.
Dream Zanarkand is a physical place far out in Spira's ocean.
Sin keeps anyone from finding it.
It's not "real" but it exists. Think of it as akin to the aeons. They only have forms because the fayth give it to them.
Tired of dreaming is just referring to the effort of keeping that place existing
>>
>>341647280

I hear you. I always feel awkward being a dark skinned and wanting to cosplay as a more lighter character. I'm considering makeup or attempting to go after characters that have full body suits and such but I'm thinking it might be easier to just stick to my own skin...which I don't want to do, most of those characters are bland as fuck.
>>
>>341647310

Right and I forgot how that worked. Okay so do Fayth becoming Aeons work in the same way that say, Seymours mother became an Aeon?
>>
>>341647897

Just cosplay as the swordman from RS3 bro.
>>
>>341648185
I think so. I don't understand it all.
>>
File: tumblr_lyhxyaEO9y1qh7k5xo1_500.png (275 KB, 489x429) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lyhxyaEO9y1qh7k5xo1_500.png
275 KB, 489x429
Thoughts on Wakka?
>>
Unsent destroy the story of this game, there's no consequences to dying, Auron died and still managed to save the world, Yunalesca died and still managed to kill Auron and set up a Religion that would control Spira for centuries, Seymour died and still managed to almost commit genocide.
>>
File: cosplay.jpg (72 KB, 630x512) Image search: [Google]
cosplay.jpg
72 KB, 630x512
>>341647280
>>
>>341631220
He was into NTR
>>
>>341634415
You do realise that weak spirits that were still in the material plane turned into fiends right? That's why they fyre things floated out of them when killed
>>
The way it was being set up, I really was hoping for Hitler with blue, t.v. antennae hair. You missed your chance Square, ya dun goofed.

>>341650501
John DiMaggio is a fucking boss, literally no one else could do Wakka.
>>
>>341638380
I always have that paranoia that im in some digital world or a slumber and will wake up into something completely different. Those two Rick and Morty episodes didnt help. Or inception..
>>
File: smug.jpg (9 KB, 248x233) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
9 KB, 248x233
>>341649015

The X/X-2 short story (which is canon by the way!) says that you have to have sex to create a fayth. Yevon was a nutter who lead his entire war-torn nation in a massive sex orgy to turn them into undead spirits that create living monsters.
>>
>>341650575
When has this ever fucking happened?
>>
>>341650550
>there's no consequences to dying
Unsent have no future. No kids, no need to improve their lives since they will never die again. It's a recipe for cultural stagnation.
Auron fucking knew this.

Also, most people become fiends.
>>
>>341651506
It's what girls think is happening to make them feel better
>>
So the game could have a villain that wasn't a giant evil fish.
Though they forgot to actually make him accomplish anything besides killing Khimaris two highschool bullies
>>
>>341642651
JUST
>>
>>341650932
Wakka is the only one I actually think is better in the dub.
>>
File: 1297789740134.gif (3 KB, 201x342) Image search: [Google]
1297789740134.gif
3 KB, 201x342
>>341651978
>Seymour says Kimahri is now the last of his race
>There are still loads of Ronsos around
>>
>>341652962
>Khimari the last of his race

And nothing of value was lost
>>
>>341652962
Villains tend exaggerate for dramatic effect.
>>
>>341631220
To fulfill people's deep dark fantasies
>>
>>341635121

Well it's not wrong, it's just kind of absolute.
>>
File: Leather Fairy.gif (344 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
Leather Fairy.gif
344 KB, 256x192
>>341653578
>>
I think the chocobo eater you fight early on is a better villain than seymour
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.