[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rewrite the game's plot so it's actually good.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Dragon_Age_II_Logo.png (984 KB, 1215x1023) Image search: [Google]
Dragon_Age_II_Logo.png
984 KB, 1215x1023
>>
No matter how hard you polish a turd it will never stop being a turd.
>>
File: 1433710371821.jpg (65 KB, 670x347) Image search: [Google]
1433710371821.jpg
65 KB, 670x347
It is bad at its very core and I would rather not start fixing it because making a new story would be easier, and the same applies to the game itself.
>>
>>341619437
Make the Templars seem equally as bad.

The plot itself will be shit regardless, but this would at least make it a bit more enjoyable.
>>
>>341619437

The plot and combat gameplay was ok. The rest was pure shit.
>>
Hawke starts as a dirty refugee, becomes a prosperous adventurer and eventually ruler of the city, dealing with different sorts of plots appropriate for each status, with your earlier decisions having a significant impact on what happens later.

Basically, what they wanted to do, except they didn't have enough time or talent.
>>
>>341619981
>The plot
Damn right.

>combat gameplay was ok
Hell no. Combat is dogshit.
>>
>>341619826
The game goes out of its way to make the Templars almost Hitler tier of evil.

What the game should have done is toned down the evil of the Templars. Really hammer home that the Templars are trying hard to accomplish a job that is necessary and dangerous and many of them believe in the cause.

As of right now the game is choosing between an army of murdering rapist vs an army of demon worshiping blood mages who you could argue only turned to blood magic because the murder rapist are attacking them.

(I still side with the Templars but its so damn hard)

>>341620034
The main plot isnt all that bad, it actually has a lot of potential for a interesting but slightly different story. Its just the execution was terrible.
>>
>>341619437
The plots good. Though it should have been expanded to the rest of The Free Marches. A new city per act.
>>
>>341620675
>>341620452
A plot that never goes past its premise nor develops in any way is a terrible plot.
>>
>>341620675
I thought the mage-templar conflict would have been a good major subplot, but it wasn't enough to hang the main plot of the game on.

But I agree that the basic plot is serviceable and could have been good with better writers. Can't even blame the short development time, since they had forever with DA:I and it was still poorly written.
>>
Have the mage-templar war start natrually and not because of Anders being a fucktard.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.