[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
E3 Idiocy. Post shit that just baffled you.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: iga hates los angeles food.png (537 KB, 616x804) Image search: [Google]
iga hates los angeles food.png
537 KB, 616x804
No, this isn't a Paper Mario thread.
Are we clear on that? Good.
"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same fucking thing... over and over again expecting... shit to change... That. Is. Crazy"
Honestly, it wasn't for the diehards, I don't see how Paper Mario could even keep going.

In other regards: God of War electric huntaloo. I don't see the point of changing it up so much and then keeping kratos. Literally just seems like a different game/series at this point, but SoA were too afraid of losing fan-bucks, so they shoehorned Kratos in, much like Castlevania LoS did.
Gravity Rush 2 not being shown during the conference. Yeah, SoA hates SoJ, but that was just petty and stupid, even for SoA.

Xbox Scorpio and PS4 Neo being things. Yeah, I knew the rumors and almost definitive proof that this was going to happen, but I honestly hoped that both of them would be just smart enough not to. So much for that.

Windows 10. In a sense, that is. It makes me wonder why someone would want to get an Xbone when almost all their games will be on Windows 10. Now, I don't personally like Windows 10, but I know others do, so it's not like there won't be a playerbase for it. Hell, might as well have just made a PC conference.
>>
File: .png (65 KB, 227x219) Image search: [Google]
.png
65 KB, 227x219
>>
>>341619664
That's alright, I didn't write it.
>>
>>341619278
>mac
>cheese
>bourbon
IGA's a classy fucker.
>>
>>341619278
> that last point
Are you serious nigger
>>
>>341619278
>Hell, might as well have just made a PC conference.

Stopped reading right there.

You're an idiot.
>>
>>341620351
>>341620856
Alright.
>>
>>341619278
>thinking there was space in the Sony conference for GR2
When will people stop being this fucking retarded?
The conference was already packed with stuff.
>>
>>341621542
>thinking there was space in the Sony conference for GR2
They should have focused on less VR garbage then.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>341619278

I seriously don't know why did they have to name it Scorpio.
This was the only thing i was thinking about when they revealed it.
>>
>>341621875
Because it's a project name, not the actual name of the product.
>>
>>341622024
I can't see them changing it, myself. They'll probably use some retarded marketing scheme like saying "scorpions are the most dangerous creatures in the animal kingdom" or some stupid shit like that. If they do change it, then it will likely be something even more idiotic like Xbox 1.5.
>>
>>341621875
Thread theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QEsjd1WZuY
>>
>>341622284
Xbox One was originally Project Durango and PS4 was Project Orbis.

They will change it.
>>
>>341623524
>Orbis
Really?
I mean, damn. It wasn't even spherical.
>>
>>341619278
New God of War looks interesting in that they're actually seriously trying to add character development to Kratos, and a potential morality system of sorts with his anger issues. It sounds interesting, which to me sometimes comes before even being a good game.
>>
>>341620191
You have to be eighteen or older to post here
>>
>>341624273
I'm interested to know how many of the God of War games you've played before and how you liked them.
As someone who loved the series up to this point, I'm really concerned about the new direction.
I've been missing a good hack and slash in my life recently, and now there will be one less.
>>
File: NORMIES DO NOT PC.png (23 KB, 1061x475) Image search: [Google]
NORMIES DO NOT PC.png
23 KB, 1061x475
>>341619278
>>
>>341624273
You know literally everyone is going to go full rage in the game. There is no reason not to let him go berserk.
>>
File: 1424632292354.jpg (26 KB, 500x534) Image search: [Google]
1424632292354.jpg
26 KB, 500x534
Sony could have shown the trailers for Nier Automata & Gravity Rush 2 during their conference instead of demoing that zombie game twice.
>>
>>341619278
> Windows 10. In a sense, that is. It makes me wonder why someone would want to get an Xbone when almost all their games will be on Windows 10. Now, I don't personally like Windows 10, but I know others do, so it's not like there won't be a playerbase for it. Hell, might as well have just made a PC conference.

Now, you guys keep saying this as if there was a huge overlap between pc and console markets, there isnt.

Time and time again it was shown, enthusiast PC gaming is a niche, most people play on toasters, price/performance ratio of PCs compared to consoles are nowhere near as universal as people claim it to be worldwide.

The chad that buys a ps4/xbone to play fifa is not the same market as the core PC gamer, which is tiny compared to the number of people who play undemanding games on a notebook.

A macbook air and a console is more than enough for most people when it comes to the needs of running modern software.
>>
>>341626128
They could've shown NieR and GR2 without replacing zombie game anyway given the conference was only a little over an hour long
>>
>>341627259
Japanese games that are too anime or weird are actively blocked from being shown at the Sony conference. They'd rather show nothing.
>>
>>341619278
I'm just going to leave this here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baeP00hlnyg
>>
>>341627776
I haven't played God of War, but are there any emotional scenes in the old games?
But even so, I always figured he wasn't supposed to be a very deep character, that he was supposed to be this caricature of an angry spartan that has threesomes with women after each mission - this whole thing with him being a dad just feels pretentious. Could be a good excuse for a partner if the partner-system is any good
>>
Man Paper Mario sucks amiright?
>>
>>341628498
>but are there any emotional scenes in the old games
Yes.
Kratos had a loving wife and daughter, but was tricked into murdering them by his former employer, Ares.
The reason why his skin is so pale is because the gods literally covered his body with the ashes of his dead family as an eternal reminder of his crime.

In short, he gets betrayed by different gods over and over again and gets so enraged that he ends up killing the entire pantheon and basically destroying the world.
He's more of a broken man than anything and it actually makes total sense for him to want to raise a son.

These guys however:
>>341627776
are total shitheads.
>>
>>341628498
First GoW kinda had emotional scenes and painted Kratos as a hero of a tragedy. But in GoW 2 and 3 Kratos acts like a supervillain, brutally murdering absolutely everyone in his way or anywhere close to it. He horribly murders people that have nothing to do with his vengence, he horribly murders people that has helped him, he horribly murders people that are trying to tell him what a monster he is, and it ends up in him bring apocalypse to the world just so he could kill Zeus for trying to stop his murderous rampage back at the start of the second game.
And because of that I really liked this demo, it seems like with the kid he has a potential to confront his flaws.
>>
>>341630296
To be honest, Kratos was always kind of a murderous asshole who didn't care for anything but his family.
He basically sold his soul to Ares just so he could defeat his enemies.
>>
>>341628498
Yes. Mostly one. His biggest loss was his family. On the battlefield he prayed to Ares for help against bargarians. Ares answered and turned him into a killing machine. Ares later tricked Kratos into slaying his own family, so that Kratos would have no ties to his past and be his dog of war. Kratos gets pissed and with the help of Athena kills Ares and becomes the God of war.

After that Kratos isn't happy being a God and decides that the Gods must die for being habitual liers and wishes to break free from them. So he goes after Zeus in GOW 2 and 3. Anything and everything standing in his way of that goal dies.

There are some scenes where Kratos gets closer to his forgiving side but he is always fucused and determined to kill Zeus. Which most people can't relate to determination so they just saw him as a dick.
>>
>>341619278
>I don't see the point of changing it up so much and then keeping kratos.
That's exactly what I've thought.
I mean the game looks interesting and all but relally , really, does it have anything in it, that had to have Kratos as a character?
>>
>>341631927
Agreed.They could have made something new.A norse warrior that has gripes with the Norse gods but no,they make The Last of Kratos.Kys Sony.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.