[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do specs matter at all? Can people not have fun at all if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: DarkSoulsIINextGen-1.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DarkSoulsIINextGen-1.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Why do specs matter at all? Can people not have fun at all if something isn't in HD or at 60fps?

Its baffling to me people talk like this. Why did anyone care about the NX just for better spec nintendo. The wiiu is fine, it doesnt need to be powerful
>>
>>341618267

Maybe people want fucking options faggot, why does the specs of your car matter, why don't we all drive Honda Civics so everyone can only go the same speed up to a maximum of 75mph.

Fuck off.

Also

>Dark Souls
>Next Gen
>>
Specs and graphics matter immensely, It's the current year and I wanna play something that doesn't look like it was made for th ps2. I mean the whole"if the games fun the graphics don't matter" is just a Nintendrone meme to justify their horrible console performance
>>
>>341618486
games and cars are different and cant be compared like that, take your extreme end of the spectrum autism out of here

does this mean pixel games should be shit on for not being high-end?
>>
>>341618267
It makes it more viable to develop for a third-party
Having to change very little to port to another console is much more preferred in a development cycle, and Nintendo really shouldn't be making all of the games for their own consoles, it'd waste too much money
Personally I think Nintendo never really needed graphics better than Mario Galaxy, because they aren't known for being realistic, but if they actually want a console and not just a Nintendo machine, it is smart to make it easier for other developers
>>
>>341618267
Someone is extremely butt blasted from having to defend nintendo for the FPS pop in and graphics downgrade.
The wii u is not an acceptable piece of hard ware in this day and age. There are games from almost a decade ago on PS3 or Xbox 360 that look better than it.
>>
>>341618267

The problem with Nintendo is they make the console to fit the games they release, and don't care about multi-platform games.

This is an issue for them long-term, as kids play COD and not Mario - they need to release a console with decent specs to allow third party games to be released on it.
>>
>>341619301
my point is who cares what "looks better"?
why does it MATTER, cant you have fun if something looks old?
>>
I would be fine with ps2 level graphics if the game was good

Not a nintendrone btw
>>
>>341618267
FPS does matter

Graphics not so much
>>
>>341618804

People should be able to make whatever they want to make and we shouldn't be limited on what we want to play because of your poor as fuck Christmas present hardware
>>
>>341618267
Dark Souls 2 played like total ass and it has nothing to do with graphics. Also 60 fps is a gameplay matter, not graphics, you ape.
>>
Multi-platform releases help maintain a consoles lifespan by giving them things to play in between first party releases.

Nintendo needs multiplats or at least third party titles that aren't shovelware
>>
File: Deadrising_boxart.jpg (54 KB, 256x365) Image search: [Google]
Deadrising_boxart.jpg
54 KB, 256x365
>Why do specs matter at all?

Play the Wii version and tell me that specs don't matter.
>>
>>341618267
Try playing total war with a shit PC

Do you actually ENJOY 10 fps?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.