[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anybody else experience weird aim-drifting in this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: tokyo drift.jpg (264 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
tokyo drift.jpg
264 KB, 1920x1080
Does anybody else experience weird aim-drifting in this game?
It's along the lines of input-lag, but not necessarily exactly the same – it's not like it often takes a moment for it to receive my instruction. The issue usually glares through in the form of the reticle lazily drifting after I've stopped.
Aiming just feels sluggish in general.
Playing on PC but I've heard this exact issue crop up on other platforms, too. Happens with both mouse and controller.
>>
Its the ludicrous amount of Aim Assist
>>
>>341618195
It occurs when there are no other people even on-screen or in vicinity, though.
And, as I said, it has only surfaced the last few days.
>>
Overwatch has so large hit boxes, you don't need to aim anyway
>>
>>341617894

Your framerate is too low. I don't feel like explaining the technical reason for the thousandth time, but basically if you're playing below ~100 FPS you will feel noticeable input lag. If you've ever played an unreal engine game, Blizz is basically forcing you to use one frame thread lag with no option to disable it. Yes it's fucking retarded but all you can do at the moment is lower your settings until you get a high framerate. The higher the framerate the better. If your monitor is only 60 hz unlock it and get it as high as you can. You will notice the difference.

>>341618195
he said he's on PC
>>
>>341617894
Turn off v-sync. Push the highest fps you can on your monitor by turning your settings down, and only play in fullscreen mode (there's apparently a 17 ms delay in windowed and borderless). It's been night and day for me.
>>
>>341618895

by the way, I meant unlock your framerate in Overwatch, don't mess with overclocking your monitor's frequency.
>>
>>341618895
Well, thanks for your attempted input as opposed to dipshits such as >>341618529
But it's not that, either. Framerates are fine, it's just general, very strange input sluggishness.
I know there's routine maintenance soon, so I can only imagine this is something on their end desu since I'm scratching my head wondering why this would happen at all. Shit's occurring in offline matches in that dumb training ground area, which is about as technically taxing as a hair-dryer.
>>
>>341618895
I get input lag with high frame rate in OW. something about it is fucked up. It feels best with that frame cap option on
>>
>>341619217

What do you mean your framerate is "fine"? Like I said if your framerate is below triple digits it will feel extremely sluggish, and many people play at well over 200. When you're playing press "ctrl + shift + R" to bring up the stats and watch your framerate. Increasing your framerate by any amount should make the game feel more responsive.

If you are used to playing other FPS games at 60, you will need to play Overwatch at least at 120. If you are used to playing at 120, you will need to play Overwatch at 240 to get the same mouse responsiveness.

>>341619376

Interesting, for what it's worth I play on a 144 hz asus vg248qe monitor, fullscreen and with my framerate locked to my refresh rate. Vsync of course is off.
>>
>>341620905
I mean I've already looked into that particular matter, and deduced my framerate isn't the root of the issue.
What's more, it hasn't taken any dips over the course of my play-time, and only over the last few days has this emerged.
>>
>>341621943

Ok, I don't have any advice for you then. Good luck, maybe try posting on the b.net forums.

>>341619376
I looked into it and you're right, if you play with uncapped refresh rate it adds some weird input delay for some reason. It appears to be best to play with it capped to your monitor's display rate.
>>
Lower your settings. You're experiencing high frame latency. Also disable V-sync and run the game in borderless windowed.
>>
File: wat3.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wat3.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
>Needing to aim in this fucking game.
Wew ladddie.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.