[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anybody have what that girl said the other day about why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 20
Does anybody have what that girl said the other day about why link should stay male? im battling some sjw's and that copy pasta will surely help me win
>>
>>341614204
She said I fucked you're waifu.
>>
Yes, I have it
>>
File: 1437357919370.png (322 KB, 506x457) Image search: [Google]
1437357919370.png
322 KB, 506x457
>>341614459
thank you so much
>>
>battling the mentally ill

do you also pick fights with people with downs?
>>
File: huan.jpg (26 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
huan.jpg
26 KB, 306x306
>>341614367
>implying i care
I know my waifu is a slut
>pic related
>>
But if Link isn't a male how will females shlick to him???
>>
Don't bother arguing with them. If you win the argument they'll call you a retard and leave whilst feeling smug self superiority.
>>
File: [sadly go-karts].jpg (10 KB, 363x350) Image search: [Google]
[sadly go-karts].jpg
10 KB, 363x350
>>341614614
these people doxed me i have no choice
>>
>>341614792
Did they contact your workplace yet? Because they will do that.
>>
>>341614204
Since you have no arguments and need the help of others and their opinions you can give up already.
>>
>>341614204
>im battling SJWs
Is that really what you think you are doing? Battling? By typing words onto to twitter or where ever else you are battling?
That is seriously one of the legit saddest things I have ever heard.
Apocalypse when. We need to start over.
>>
On a serious note, people need to stop battling SJWs now. Now is the time to take all of their attention, and thus their clicks, and thus their money, and thus their fame, and thus their power away from them.

Just remember when you argue with these people, you're not accomplishing anything. Gamergate is over. The feminists and SJWs made fools of themselves. They've demonstrated that as a community, they can't come up with good arguments, and they can't substantiate their claims. The people who love freedom, and are against censorship, and just don't buy into feminist dogma, were the majority before all of this. We are now the super majority. Pretty much everybody who uses the internet is aware of their bullshit, and knows how to make counterarguments against it. The battle is over. Freedom has prevailed. Now stop giving them attention.

Proverbs 26:4 - Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.
>>
>>341614792
F
>>
Go to pol they have your answers brother
>>
>>341614204
>im battling some sjw's and that copy pasta will surely help me win

wow
Out of curiosity: whats your weight and are you a virgin? I'm doing a survey here.
>>
>>341615985
>Apocalypse when.
Yeah dude, massive genocide, world wars, famine, all of those are non issues. Now twitter wars are the zenith of human progress, totally warrants world destruction.

You sound like a triggered feminist, the definition of a first world whiner
>>
>>341614204
>about why link should stay male?
This is a completely subjective argument as there's no concrete reason for Link to stay male nor is there a reason for link to be female. It all comes down to preference and the creator prefers Link as a male. You won the "battle" the moment it began but I bet you still argued anyway
>>
>>341614204
>swimming upriver made of piss

What's the fucking point?
>>
>>341614659
Looks like skrillex desu
>>
>>341614204
>that girl
Very specific.
>>
>>341614204

This is fucking sad, even for /v/. Please lose your virginity m8
>>
>>341614204
it doesnt matter what that bitch said. he CANT be female because of the cycle formed in skyward sword. link will ALWAYS be male because hylia loved her male hero. zelda will ALWAYS be female because shes hylias reincarnation. ganondorf will ALWAYS be male and evil because of demise. and as to why they cant switch roles, thats because of their triforces. link has the triforce of courage. hes the hero who must be courageous and overcome obstacles to save the triforce of wisdom. ALWAYS. link cannot be female or have a different triforce. zelda cannot be male or play the hero. ganondorf cannot be female or play anything but the bad guy, even if he wasnt born evil he will be driven to the triforce of power and become corrupted. thats just how it works and how it always worked and how it will continue to work because the games are set on those basic fucking rules
>>
>>341614204
Why do you want it? She didn't make a single decent argument. Her post boiled down to, "Link has always been a boy, therefore he should stay a boy."

Nevermind, y'know, the lore that states that each Link is a different incarnation, and therefore it is perfectly plausible for the Hero of Time to be a girl at some point. Who cares! He's *always* been a boy, so duh he should keep being a boy xD
>>
>>341616813
>>341617842
>>341617930
>>
>>341617842
There are no rules, that's like saying Link and Zelda have to be blonde and ganondorf red-haired.
Anyone can be courageous/wise/powerful regardless of gender.
>>
the only person I'm subscribed to who has made a video about it is kite tales. her and mechagamezilla are the only game channels I know.

you are also too old to be arguing on the internet about nintendo games. Just call the 'sjw' a pathetic nigger and go do something more productive or I don't know play a videogame.
>>
File: 1264156906409.jpg (17 KB, 256x352) Image search: [Google]
1264156906409.jpg
17 KB, 256x352
>>341617842
>implying Nintendo wont buckle for the next game

I'm sad, Link was one of my favourite characters

And now the feminists will take that from me too
>>
>>341618337
>There are no rules
no, actually there ARE rules. they dont disappear simply because you dont like them. this is the "lore" and if any of these idiots actually played these games, they would know it
>>
File: 1447253266429.png (351 KB, 346x349) Image search: [Google]
1447253266429.png
351 KB, 346x349
>>341618337
This has to be bait. It's like you didn't even read.
>>
File: 1465796492356.jpg (45 KB, 500x435) Image search: [Google]
1465796492356.jpg
45 KB, 500x435
>>341614204
>im battling some sjw's
>>
>>341618520
>>341618538
>a spiritual reincarnation defines your genitals
>>
>>341618646
>a spiritual reincarnation defines your genitals
yes actually. genitals, sexual orientation, sex, and gender. youre never gonna get a gay zelda or a gay link either because of hylia and the first hero. this is a chain, a curse, that cannot be broken. demise will always return, so the hero and the wise woman must always come together to defeat him
>>
>>341618646
>A gender bent spiritual reincarnation defines your gender identity.

He can have a vagina and still be a man.
>>
>>341618646
In accordance with the lore of the game, yes, it does. No shit anyone can be courageous/wise/powerful/retarded regardless of gender but that's not the argument. It's like you don't give a shit about the entire ground that the game is written on and just want to have it be whatever makes you feel good.
>>
File: 0nriwR6.gif (610 KB, 300x212) Image search: [Google]
0nriwR6.gif
610 KB, 300x212
>>341614204
>>
I think a big part of this "debate"* is just more of feminists trying to attack the idea of gender "stereotypes". Of course, they're not stereotypes, they're facts. For example, Zelda is a princess. She wants to take down Ganondorf, but she isn't physically powerful. Men are bigger and stronger than women. Zelda needs to team up with Link; she needs to inform him of the Ganondorf's evil, and inform him of the plan to stop him, and she needs Link to protect her and save her. A man protecting and saving a woman is an offensive idea to feminists. Why can't Zelda just be a strong independent womyn, capable of taking care of all of this herself?

Because then there wouldn't be a game.

*it's not even a debate. As >>341616813 pointed out, it all comes down to Nintendo's choice. It's their universe, it's their story. They don't have to have a "good reason" for Link being a male. Nintendo doesn't answer to shithead feminists who don't buy their games anyway.
>>
>>341618550
Why is Sam so based
>>
>>341614204
Embarrassing
>>
>battling some SJW
why would you argue with a brick wall
>>
>Link is one of the only male main characters in videogames that is slightly feminine in appearance.
>he is targeted for gender bending

It's not a coincidence. Thsee SJWs will go after all nonstereotypical males to turn them into women.
>>
>>341618892
>>341618970
>>341618972
The game isn't about sex, or having a lineage, it's about reincarnation.
The game has never mentioned Link having to be a boy aside from using "hero" instead of "hero and heroine" but that's because hero can be used as a genderless term like "mankind"
>>
>>341619050
>They don't have to have a "good reason" for Link being a male
they do. its called staying true to your established universe
>>
>>341619050
>link is big and physically strong
>a literally fuccboi
>>
>>341619259
>it's in the lore you guys!!
>you just haven't played the games!!
>I won't give any specifics, just take my word for it!!
>>
Why should Link not be male?

If that's what the developers want, why should it change? Why force your ideas into others' artistic vision?
>>
Link is male because he identifies himself as male. Forcing him to become female by any means is against his free will. Since we're talking crazy bring in the LGBT argument. No one should force their view of gender on another.
>>
File: fedorah.jpg (877 KB, 1500x2000) Image search: [Google]
fedorah.jpg
877 KB, 1500x2000
>>341616262
>bible quotes in a post about internet arguments
>>
>>341619050
zelda has the triforce of wisdom. she is powerful herself, yet her power is in guiding link and magical power (as seen in OoT when she guides link as sheik). link also has magical power from the fairies and zelda's magic is mainly used to directly defeat ganon.
>>
>>341619259
This is true, but I was speaking more in terms of when they initially created the core Zelda concepts. It's their universe, and they can do whatever they want with it.

Let's do a little experiment. I'm going to create a story right now. I have 2 characters, Jack and Jill. Jack is a boy, Jill is a girl, and their story is to go up a hill together.

Now, some SJW might say "Why is Jack a boy? Why can't it be 2 girls?", or why can't it be 2 gay men, or 2 Muslims. Well, it's not your fucking story. Make your own god damn story if you want things changed. This is my story, and their names are Jack and Jill, they're both straight and cis gendered, they're Christians, and they're white. If you don't like it that's too fucking bad. Make your own. But notice how SJWs never make their own content, they always just complain about others' content and demand that it be changed.
>>
File: ssp71-402x600.jpg (99 KB, 402x600) Image search: [Google]
ssp71-402x600.jpg
99 KB, 402x600
>>341619225
>>341619467
>The game has never mentioned Link having to be a boy
hylias hero was male. so the hero is always male. play skyward sword. why do you think the hero has always looks the same? he fucking LOOKS the same every time. dresses the same to. down to the fucking clothes and choice of weapons. same with zelda. they always look the same and always use a bow.

there is no extrapolation. this is just fact. every facet of their being is identical every time because of what is established in skyward sword, which is the first game chronologically. down to their fucking clothes, across eons of time, always the same
>>
>>341619529
It'd bring a much needed change to the series

>>341619547
You're assuming things about link that he's never talked about, he's really feminine and dresses in tights and a dress-looking "tunic"
You're doing the very thing you tell people not to do, stop being so scared of change
>>
File: GiMmIe A hUg MaN.jpg (16 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
GiMmIe A hUg MaN.jpg
16 KB, 500x500
>>341619606
But isn't quoting the bible the opposite of what a fedoralord would do?
>>
Letting any retarded political agenda aside, Link more than any other nintendo iconic character is a self-incert, that's why his name is Link.

Why can't link be a female?

I just want more Femlink in general, is that too much to ask ?
>>
>>341619606
>not realizing it's just a proverb about retard association
*tips fedora*
>>
>>341619828
no, see this is wrong. if jack and jill were cursed to forever be reborn as jack and jill, then you would have an actual reason to not change the characters. not wanting to is okay. more than okay. but you now have this thing in your universe where they just cannot be changed. they cannot be different sexes or genders or races. they are always jack and jill and they will always go up that fucking hill, for eternity
or until the cycle is broken
>>
>>341619358
Well, he has the triforce of courage. I think the concept is that with wisdom, courage, and a good plan and determination, you can take down a great evil, regardless of their immense power. Even if Link is a little fairy boy, he still has more physical strength and dexterity than Zelda. If this wasn't true then either Link, or Zelda could be removed from the equation, and it would just be Link VS Ganondorf or Zelda VS Ganondorf.

>>341619709
>zelda has the triforce of wisdom.
I'm not sure what point you're making with the rest of your post, but I wanted to point out one thing about this - Why aren't the feminists complaining that they're saying women are more intelligent than men? I thought feminism was about equality?
>>
>>341619852
>He always looks the same!
>That's why he's had brown and blonde hair, different height, shape, clothes!
The first hero being male could've just been a coincidence, she never said she wanted the hero to always be male because she probably doesn't care about dick when there's a kingdom that needs saving
>>
>>341620050
>Why can't link be a female?
read the thread. and as to this new game. he is named link from the beginning. in breath of the wild he is NO LONGER a blank slate, a player avatar. now he is part of the story. in this game more than any other, he cannot be female
>>
>>341619852
>why do you think the hero always LOOKS the same every time?
But he doesn't. There have been blonde Links and brown-haired Links and pink-haired Links. If they don't all have to have the same hair color as the original Hero, they don't all have to have a dick like the original Hero.
>>
>>341620214
>men can't be wise
>women can't be courageous
>twinks can't be powerful
>>
File: 1455940962741.png (672 KB, 584x553) Image search: [Google]
1455940962741.png
672 KB, 584x553
>>341620050
Fuck off cancerous waifu faggot.
>>
>>341619972
Quoting proverbs in general is pretty fedora.
>>
>>341620338
>>341620520
its literally a love story between a goddess and her MALE hero. this will never change. get over it
>>
>>341620196
It's not a question, because the concept of Link being a female originated from SJWs, and not Nintendo themselves.

So it's not really that I'm just blindly demanding that Jack and Jill be the way I created them for no reason. It's just that it's my story. I could envision them however I want, and if someone doesn't like it, I'm not obligated to change it if I don't want to. This idea is ridiculous, that SJWs can just come up with an idea for any movie or game or book, and it should just instantly be implemented no questions asked. No, I trust the actual content creators to make quality content. I don't trust SJWs, because all they do is whine and complain and they don't create anything themselves.
>>
>>341614792
so? record any harassment and post it to media
>>
>>341620951
no man. the point was that beyond your own desires, you have put in place hard rules that you cannot break, lest you destroy your work and ruin 25 years of world building
>>
>>341620907
LOVE STORY
O
V
E

S
T
O
R
Y

>>341620951
All those Japanese sjws drawing link as female decades ago
>>
>>341621329
>TLoZ lore has never been reworked
>>
>>341621383
>All those Japanese sjws drawing link as female decades ago
>implying fappers are SJWs
SJWs are against fapping
>>
>>341621521
So? Wanting a female Link wasn't stated by SJW, is my point.
>>
I don't think Zelda should be a girl since we've always been used to playing him as a male in his games
>>
File: hyrule_warriors_princess_zelda.jpg (123 KB, 950x956) Image search: [Google]
hyrule_warriors_princess_zelda.jpg
123 KB, 950x956
>>341619050
>Zelda isnt powerful
>She's been in two Ganondorf fights assisting link with her Archery and magic and apparently has swordsmanship we have yet to see.
>you need to be incredibly strong to even pull a bowstring.

Face it these people dont play video games and are only bitching for the sake of bitching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p71I8slrgrI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDA7RNjeZ10
and picrelated is classified the Strongest Zelda theres been.
>>
>>341621509
it was reworked into what it is now. and now they have firmly established a universe that cannot be changed without destroying everything theyve built and anything they hope to build in the future
>>
>>341614204
I think this game is turning me gay
>>
can we just post more cute link pictures
>>
Female link would be great, I want to be rewarded as a man for taking a risk and going shirtless too
>>
>>341621663
This has been a discussion for a few days now. You're seriously claiming SJWs didn't want a female Link? It sounds more like you don't want to have to chalk it up as a loss, now that Nintendo has officially explained why there wouldn't be a female Link. And if they took the time to address this, then they're obviously responding to something. They wouldn't just bring that up and say it's not going to happen for no reason.
>>
File: 1460864357593.jpg (18 KB, 245x204) Image search: [Google]
1460864357593.jpg
18 KB, 245x204
Why the fuck is there even an argument?
The maker wanted Link to be a guy, so Link is a guy. He doesn't need to defend his views, he doesn't need to give explanations of why Link is a guy. Link is a male because he wants him to be. It's that simple.
>>
>>341622176
But there is a clear demand that link should be a girl. So why not? It doesnt hurt the story at all.
>>
Why do you assume a female Link would identify as a woman?

These are problematic assumptions
>>
File: 1450655849852.jpg (67 KB, 500x531) Image search: [Google]
1450655849852.jpg
67 KB, 500x531
>wanting to ruin perfection
>>
>>341622084
>This has been a discussion for a few days now.
Is this gonna be your first Zelda game?
>>
>>341614204
>battling SJWs

I tip my fedora to you good sir. Keep up the fine gentlemenly work. *nods respectfully toward you*
>>
Jim sterling posted a video again explaining why he doesn't agree with their reasons for keeping link male.

Fucking hell this is like his quite video again.

Both times it keeps on insisting how he's totally is not against sexy female characters or male protagonists in games and a big supporter in the artists creative vision m, but then tried to make a strawman out of the reasons they went in that direction and tried to argue with some sort of excuse.

Fuck him.
>>
File: 1465703546433.png (21 KB, 296x257) Image search: [Google]
1465703546433.png
21 KB, 296x257
The legend of Zelda is a tale about a boy from the forest and a girl that lives in a castle.
The only reason why they so desperately want Link to be a grill is because Zelda is mainstream and they think they have nerd cred for pretending to like it.

They also probably think that girl Link would be one of those fucked up tumblr approved red-nosed messes instead of a total babe.
>>
>>341618451
Link's not a character
>>
>>341622176
>The maker wanted Link to be a guy, so Link is a guy. He doesn't need to defend his views, he doesn't need to give explanations of why Link is a guy. Link is a male because he wants him to be. It's that simple.
yes, AND he has the lore to back him up

>>341622410
its hurts nothing because itll never happen. and itll never happen because they dont want it to happen AND the lore doesnt let them do it anyway
>>
>>341616753
I'm a healthy manly 135kg of muscles, and my sexual experience is none of your fucking business
>>
File: 1458009535200.gif (851 KB, 570x498) Image search: [Google]
1458009535200.gif
851 KB, 570x498
>>341622410
Because the maker doesn't want Link to be a girl. Who is anyone to tell a maker what they can and cannot do?
>>
Holy shit m8, don't let them win. Have you called for backup on 8ch? They're professionals in the war for vidya justice
>>
>>341622578
hes more of a character in the new game than he has ever been, except for probably skyward sword. shouldve complained about him not being female in a link between worlds. breath of the wild is off limits this time
>>
File: 1458971367536.gif (3 MB, 302x200) Image search: [Google]
1458971367536.gif
3 MB, 302x200
>>341620769
Yea, but fedora people are typically atheists so why would they quote christian or catholic proverbs.
>>
>>341622410
>clear demand

from who?, a very VERY vocal minority?, I can asure you that 90% of the people that will actually play the game want link to stay as a male hero
>>
>>341622410
Clear demand for something doesn't mean it's right. You're literally advocating design by commitee.
>>
>>341622578
link is a memorable iconic part of video game history, he is right up there with the L-shaped block from Tetris.
>>
>>341621783
In video games, archery and magic are typically for characters who aren't physically strong. Bows are typically associated with small framed, skinny, fast, stealthy characters. If a character is big and strong they'll probably wear heavy armor and wield a big axe or a two-handed sword or something.

Also, the proof is in the pudding. Link uses a sword, Zelda uses archery and magic. They're both presumably using their weapons and fighting style of choice. This means Link is better than Zelda at using a sword, and Zelda clearly has some magical abilities that Link does not.
>and apparently has swordsmanship we have yet to see.
The only incident of her having a sword (not counting the spinoff Hyrule Warriors), was when the enemies were in her chamber in Twilight Princess and they had to make a final stand to protect the princess. It is probably a last resort.
>you need to be incredibly strong to even pull a bowstring.
Firing light arrows probably has magical elements because Zelda pulls it back so effortlessly. Unless you want to say that this just proves how strong she is is or something.
>>
Why don't we make Metroid a man?
>>
>>341622427
I've actually beaten every single home console Zelda, including Zelda 2, smartass. My point is that people have been talking about it a lot over the past few days. There have been mentions of the idea of a female Link before, but it's not always discussed this much. You're really coming across as a butthurt SJW right now. Why else would you make smartass comments and try to deny that the SJWs did indeed want a female Link, and Nintendo gave an official response saying it wouldn't happen? Like I said, you don't want to have to chalk it up as another loss for feminism. Another loss for social justice.
>>
>>341623895
We have to make Elsa into a man to show all these little girls that a man can also be an ice bitch.
>>
>>341616262
This is a reasonable and well grounded post. Of course, it will get ignored and countered with meme arrow text.
>>
>>341619050
>Why can't Zelda just be a strong independent womyn, capable of taking care of all of this herself?

Because as you said, Zelda is a princess, and was do Princesses do? They uphold their kingdom and keep watch over their citizens. If she were to just run off without anyone appointing someone to take over her duty then shit would fly off the walls they kingdom would probably be in shambles without someone to guide them with their WISDOM.
What if she gets killed? Who would carry the Triforce of Wisdom to guide and protect the kingdom, as well as their citizens from being destroyed? Zelda has a HUGE roll to play that's too impotent for her to be out on the front lines without some sort of help.
>>
>>341616262
>>341624792
>We won because we argued with them and they made an ass out of themselves harder than we did
>Let's stop arguing with them
Yes, very reasonable and well grounded.
>>
>>341616262
that would work if it wasn't a growing cultural phenomenon that it is. SJW's are no longer a fringe group, so ignoring them won't do anything but give them space to grow.
SJW's have grown from tumblr blogs to persons holding significant power in politics, social sciences and education.
>>
>>341626315
Post more cute Link.
>>
>>341614204
>battling with SJW's
>Want words
You dumb nigger you can't reason with the T-1000 SJW's you must destroy it. Fucking go up to their fat fucking purple dildo face and punch a bitch. Violence will solve this problem. Fuck 'em. They don't deserve shit.
>>
>>341617930
Not every Link is the "Hero of Time", just Ocarina/Majora's Mask Link
>>
>>341622973
Fedora's are religious. Nowadays Atheists are the norm.
>>
File: 1458935975558.jpg (13 KB, 171x158) Image search: [Google]
1458935975558.jpg
13 KB, 171x158
>>341628749
what
>>
>>341628869
Indifference and good goyim behavior is the norm. Fedoraism, aka. militant atheism or scientism is a religion just like hinduism.
Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.