[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It looks like the game Sony ended their press conference wit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 8
File: addtext_com_MTExNzUzMjIzODU.jpg (54 KB, 725x375) Image search: [Google]
addtext_com_MTExNzUzMjIzODU.jpg
54 KB, 725x375
It looks like the game Sony ended their press conference with Days Gone may not see release for two years. When I first saw this game I didn't really think much of it. It looked like a Last of Us rip off and another bullshit zombie game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_AJmlZVWZ0

But hey I found out they aren't zombies their actually alive and they have to eat drink and sleep to survive so that makes them a bit less generic....Not only that but apparently they sleep during the day. So you can use that time to set up traps and then run them through the traps. I kind of like having the option to play ahead and make it easier for myself. Hopefully its implemented well as they haven't shown it off yet

Icing on the cake for me was the open world I think thats one game mechanic no one can shit talk if its pulled off right...But yeah dude from Kinda Funny Games spoke with a dev and asked them "Is it safe to assume we will see this in 2017" And they said no. So that either means its coming this Holiday (doubtful) or its gonna be 2018...Pity.
>>
File: 1461788832578.png (7 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1461788832578.png
7 KB, 420x420
Was sold once I saw the motorcycle tbhfam.
>>
>>341608543
Now that I know its gonna be an essential part of an open world i think thats rad. It kind of gave me a pointless dead rising 2 vibe at first.
>>
>>341608346
>the open world I think thats one game mechanic no one can shit talk

Literally nothing can make me drop a game harder. Open world is pure fucking cancer.
>>
>>341608946
I mean some people can only handle linear shit in video games. I'm sorry for you.
>>
>>341609146

Enjoy your travelling simulators then. Open world has become the laziest fucking genre since last gen.

The only good open world games are the first few ones that came out when the idea was still fresh and it actually allowed for freedom of how you complete missions. Modern open world is literally just Padding: the Genre. Go collect some fucking flowers or flags or any other useless fuck item and also don't forget to travel 15 minutes between each mission. Honestly they are just interactive load times that are 10 times fucking slower.

Oh yeah, you can use fast travel too which completely defeats the purpose of the genre, but then you have nothing but main missions which are structured linearly but with less quality and in reused locations because no one puts any effort into making open world games anymore.
>>
>>341609572
Lmfao. Play better games you fucking Pleb. The Witcher doesnt have shit like this. Neither does fallout really. Have fun following your trail to the end in every game.
>>
>>341610083

>if it's not open world it's compeltely COD tier linear

Nah fuck off. Hub based is objectively the best level design philosophy, though whatever you call stuff like Deus Ex, with a very open enclosed area, small scale sandbox or whatever is extremely good too.

Games that are semi linear but also semi open, like say Demon's Souls, or even Ratchet & Clank in how the levels are usually circular, and you start out with a choice of multiple paths and it all leads into each other intertwining, this stuff makes for a much better feeling of exploration that a boring square of open world does. GTA3 worked because it was tiny. Vice City was even smaller. The openness of each island in that game is only a bit bigger than a hub in a modern title. Another thing open world games usually lack is verticality (ass creed obviously excepted, but it's fucking shit anyways), which is odd since so many take place in cities, yet most buildings are inaccessible or just make very little use of vertical space in terms of gameplay.

I played Red Dead Redemption which is praised as the greatest game of last gen and it was pure fucking garbage. It has every fucking cliche of the open world genre packed into one game, as well as all of Rockstars shitty writing and story pacing cliches. Fucking garbage title where the only good thing was the shock ending. The level design is just boring, flat, and empty. I can see so far there is no surprise in exploring.

I tried Fallout 3 and it was even worse than RDR. I hear FNV was better but it seems like the same clunky shit. New Fallout is nothing compared to Fallout 1 and 2.
>>
>>341611281
Yeah being stuck in a little box is way more fun than having vast world to explore. or like you said you dont have to explore you can fast travel and just enjoy the option to explore when you want.

Face it dude the amount of options and directions baffle you. You probably started to hate the game as a little 13 year old squeaker when you got through the sewers in Oblivion your feeble mind couldn't handle it.
>>
>>341612032

If you aren't going to take this seriously you fucking shill, I wont take you seriously.

Fuck off and kill yourself if you can't understand that a handcrafted world that is tailored to be unique, to fit the moment, to achieve a developers vision of how a level plays, is superior to endless wandering in copy pasted cloned out streets or planes or whatever your fucking setting is.

The only large open world game I played that didn't feel completely empty and devoid of content was San Andreas. That felt hand crafted. If you went on a walk in a random direction in that game you'd actually find something interesting. In Fallout and Oblivion each house literally has a tileset of 5-6 themes and mostly the same useless trinkets all around. Once I'd been in 10 or so places I realized it was all the same and lost any desire to explore further.

Just because you can go walk in any direction you want in an open world game doesn't mean that is going to be interesting. Most of the time there is fuckall to be found and it's just boring travel. Fuck you and faggots who keep supporting this shit genre.

>Yeah being stuck in a little box is way more fun than having vast world to explore

It literally is. A small area that is densely packed with content is better than a large area that is empty of content like almost every open world game in existence.

>B-but I found another copy pasted dungeon!!!
>>
>>341613056
lmfao you're so butt hurt

how can I take someone who cant handle an open world game seriously? I can tell you right now Deus Ex Human Revolution did NOT have more content, or a better atmosphere than the witcher 3, gta 5, or fallout 4. It was on par with the content and atmosphere of fallout 3 and nv. but with much less.

The characters mouths don't even move when they talk in dark souls. I could give a fuck less about anything else after noticing crap like that.

Go hang in your little hubs so you dont get lost bud.
>>
>>341613579
>lmfao you're so butt hurt

No I've made the mistake of attempting to have a semi intellectual conversation about level design philosophy with a shill who came here to market a shitty zombie game that no one cares about.

Seems you don't have the IQ required for something as low tier as fucking video game design discussion though, seeing as you think it's even possible to get lost in an open world game, not to mention you are acting defensive as fuck just because I simply discussed the flaws of a genre.

You really need to fuck of from here, it's people like you who give /v/ the reputation of being a shit board.

>Human Revolution

I'm talking about the original Deus Ex you stupid shitter.

>muh animated mouths muh graphics

Holy fuck just end yourself. KYS. Seems like you can't fucking appreciate a truly well designed game and are instead entertained by the mere notion of WOW NO WALLS I CAN RUN FOR 20 MINS STRAIGHT. Small minds are entertained by small things.
>>
>>341608346
>that boring ass font
I am so sick of this, I see it in so many modern games. It looks like a placeholder, but most of the games that have this get shipped like that. It's actually planned to look like that.
>>
>>341614302
>small minds are entertained by small things

poor wording for your argument lolol.

as for dark souls sorry i cant get past immersion breaking things that were solved during the ps2 era.

if seeing the same stone texture or trees copy and pasted can bother you so much why is my complaint not legit?

Keep playing your shit games you little butthurt boy. You don't need to justify your autism to me.
>>
>>341614967

I agree with this so much, especially if they just plaster the font over the main image, like that stupid Social Network movie. Looks like something did it in fucking paint in 2 minutes, and yet that cancer caught on with that shit font and lazy plastering over the top and I keep seeing it more and more. I hate it.
>>
>>341610083.
>Have fun following your trail to the end in every game.
>The Witcher doesnt have shit like this.
>Neither does fallout really.

lmao, every single quest in those games is "follow the trail"

only difference is you have a bunch of empty fields to walk through a hundred times between quests for autists like you to think the game is good because you put 200h in it.
>>
>>341615252
>>341614967
I added the font just so people knew what game it was. yes it sucks. I used addtext.com lmfao what do you expect. ty for thinking the company may have done it XD
>>
>>341615312
yup you just follow the trail and thats the only way you can go. you're totally right. tardass.
>>
>>341608346

I'm replaying state of decay because of this game
>>
>>341615631
state of decay 2 thoooooooooooooo
>>
>>341615537
prove to me you can deviate from the path while doing a mainquest in the witcher 3 lmao

bet you can't even record at 60fps 1080p fukken nerd

#roasted
>>
This game would be cool with actual survival elements. I would even take a food/water meter. Just some reason to risk your life to go into towns and shit
>>
>>341615846
Prove to me you aren't a lonely neckbeard that will not be having sex with anyone but himself tonight.
>>
>>341615754

With home much they dropped the ball on lifeline I'm not expecting much, don't really want to give devs money either after YOSE bullshit.
>>
>>341616021
Okay here goes my proof:

I'm not you lel rekt nerd

Now you prove the witcher 3 quests are not linear.
>>
File: Level design then and now.png (762 KB, 1800x891) Image search: [Google]
Level design then and now.png
762 KB, 1800x891
>>341615101

>It's a biiiig world so it's a big concept

No, the ability to just keep on walking is a small concept. Every game level starts out as a large flat empty plane of nothing. An open world game as a few things added to it before its done. A hub based or linear game has much thought and design put into it to make exploring it actually fun.

Also it's nothing about graphics or textures, though copy pasted textures are shitty. But you are a fag if you care that much about graphic issues like mouths moving. Dark Souls is not about story, it's a much better exploration simulator than playing some gayshit empty open world title like Skyrim.

What I am trying to get you to understand is level design. Level design is not graphics. Just having an open square of nothing is not good level design.

>>341615537

Open world games literally having fucking quest markers as well as a mini map and a fucking pause menu map. You are hand held the entire time. You'd have to be a blithering moron to actually get lost.

Go try play something like Thief 1/2, Doom, Shadow Warrior Classic or System Shock and tell me you wont get lost in some of those labyrinthine detailed levels. You are falsely assuming every non open world game is some linear shitfest like COD.
>>
>>341616137
Shit what do you mean,I'm a bit lost. I pirated the game like 2 years back or so and thought it was great but didn't keep tabs on it...
>>
>>341608543
me too
>>
>>341615631
>>341615754
Are those games actually good? I wasn't very impressed with the demo. Does it just open up more or something eventually?
>>
>>341616225

Alright my proof is gwent

rekt rekt rekt
>>
>>341616265

Lifeline is dlc about military base that was scripted to hell and back and Year One Survival Edition is second (with HD textures this time) pc port that was sold for 30$.
>>
>>341608346
I'm not sure if you're shilling or not
>>
>>341616247
Dude. Anyone with half a brain knows you're right. They're clearly fucking with you
>>
>>341609572
i mostly agree. open worlds as of late have been very poor. it seems like they're thinking "why design this well when we have this *feature*?" and of course a feature is a meaningless concept without design.
far too much an open world appears to mean an excuse for not designing a game structure and having bad level design and just plain bad game design in general.
i still have hope for open world though
>>
>>341616247
I don't wanna get lost in a fucking corridor. I want to scale mountains and wonder whats on the other side. If you can't enjoy that, oh well but we never implied I only play open world games or that I love all open world games.
>>
File: Level Design.jpg (91 KB, 1724x538) Image search: [Google]
Level Design.jpg
91 KB, 1724x538
>>341616804

He's a very bad shill.

>>341616837

I know. I want someone else to reply so I can have a good discusion about level design.
>>
I agree with you open world hating anon. I got excited for this game until I heard it was open world. Open world games are just boring filler, only autists have fun collecting every X item or killing X number of X creature to craft some shit outfit or weapon. You also got to love the forced "wait x amount of in game hours until your mode of transport arrives / plot forwarding event occurs" bullshit. Which is just padding to make the main story / quest seem like it takes longer so you have more gameplay hours to brag about.

Linear games with easter eggs / little secrets are way more satisfying than endless slogging though boring landscapes and repetitive tasks.
>>
>>341616837
samefag.
>>
>>341616852
I think more than any other genre open world has the best potential and still there is not an instance where it's perfect. Honestly one of the few maps I've actively explored is fallout 3, nv, and bully.
>>
>>341616551
?

Gwent quests literally force you to play with the marked NPC before you can go for the next one lmao

Unless you're talking about hunting down the cards but ur not retarded enough to consider a collectathon as an example of a quest lmao
>>
>>341617123
gwent isnt only in quests. maybe you should play the game.
>>
>>341616942
but there is nothing on the other side. there has never been anything on the other side worth looking for in an open world game. the only thing you get on the other side of that mountain is a different view. or maybe a new species of X to collect to unlock an outfit.
>>
>>341617036
Hubs are always the best. Being able to take a break and go back to a "home" is the perfect dissonance for games. My favorite example is probably The Darkness 2 where you went back to your mansion but the missions aND story changed how it was inside
>>341617045
Also no
>>
File: Level Design 2.jpg (636 KB, 2768x1022) Image search: [Google]
Level Design 2.jpg
636 KB, 2768x1022
>>341617038
>You also got to love the forced "wait x amount of in game hours until your mode of transport arrives / plot forwarding event occurs" bullshit.

That sounds unbearably bad, what games have done this lately in what ways?
>>
>>341617236
>but ur not retarded enough to consider a collectathon as an example of a quest lmao

i guess you are retarded enough lmao
>>
>>341617308
So when I was walking around The Commonwealth in Boston and I rounded a corner just to see The Brotherhood of Steels giant air ship flying by. That didn't actually happen? I didn't discover that in an open world? Sure its scripted but if you aren't a tard and you can immerse yourself in the world it can be awe inspiring.

Recently playing TW3 blood and wine expansion rounded a corner only to see the giant palace of Toussaint towering high above me. The level design and atmoshphere were amazing. The surprise of making my way all the way there and seeing it in that grand stature was more than worth the travel. Even if it took 5 or 6 hours due to random quests and stories I wanted to learn about.

Think what you want. But being trapped in a hub world is immersion breaking for me. But I can see the good in it for some games.
>>
>>341617506
>"Gwent isn't only in quests"
>Implys I think its a quest

We got one of them handicaps here.
>>
Also I don't do the collectable or tedious collecting tropes. I explore and do quests and learn about the lore of the world. By doing quests or reading books/codex entries.
>>
>>341617437
red dead redemption did it a few times. i remember getting very frustrated having to wait for the damn train to get to mexico. i cared about the main story, but its hard to keep caring when shit gets muddled by having to spend an hour doing side quests for no name NPCs or collecting animal skins.
>>
>>341618183
you can go to your bed and sleep, 20 feet away from the station. learn the mechanics if you're gonna play then you wont have trouble.

This is what i mean tards don't pay attention and then shit talk how it works lmfao. In real life trains arent just waiting for you or they don't just pop up as soon as you get there. Sorry bud.
>>
>>341618134
nothing makes me care less about a world than having to read all the lore in books and papers sprinkled about.
>>
>>341616942
>I want to scale mountains and wonder whats on the other side.

When you get older you will realize that games that actually scratch that wonderlust itch aren't open world, but are closed world for lack of a better term. Games with level design like System Shock, or even sequential based level design like Classic Resident Evil or labyrinthine mazes full of secrets like Duke 3D, stuff that actually rewards exploration with unique secrets, game that have handcrafted levels pique your interest and keep you hooked until you have explored every nook and cranny.

When you go full open world you risk being lazy and empty. One of the only good open world games I've played is Stalker because they scaled it down to multiple smallish areas, but they are densely packed with content. In a way it's almost just several large hubs strung together. Hub based platformers like Psychonauts too are also very rewarding to play if you love exploring.

That feeling of exploring and discovering is one of the main joys of video games for me, it's one of the primary reasons I play. And it's exactly why I don't play open world because open world has become the worst genre if you want to actually explore and DISCOVER things. Thief the Dark Project is possibly the greatest exploror sim ever made. Down in the Bonehoard is a god tier level, it's such complex intricate design I don't think a topographic map would even be possible to make because of how vertical and multiple leveled it is.

>I don't wanna get lost in a fucking corridor

Kek, I thought you were a big boy who'd braved the open world plane with his quest markers. Now you admit you will get lost in a maze of corridors. Getting lost is the best part of exploring buddy.
>>
>>341617092
it does have lots of potential. i've seen glimpses of it in games like deus ex, stalker, and pathologic. i think pathologic is especially interesting, because if you were to make it all abstract, the level design itself present in the town is fairly basic. and when it's not-abstracted, the art repeats quite a lot. however, the game design, writing and plot, music and sound, and the art design itself imbue its world with something new and unique. it becomes extremely interesting to explore because it's all legitimately meaningful. i think this is indicative of more of a problem in many modern games than just laziness in level design, but also very poor design all around.
>>
>>341617825
>Now you prove the witcher 3 quests are not linear.

>Alright my proof is gwent

>"Gwent isn't only in quests"
>Implys I think its a quest

I respect that you're trying to debate while having 21 chromosomes, though.
>>
File: 1466097605154.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1466097605154.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>playstation exclusive open world zombie shooter with crafting elements
>>
>>341611281
>he hasn't played New Vegas

I truly pity you
>>
>>341617721
so.... you enjoy scripted events? whats the difference between randomly walking there and having it be in a linear game? sounds no different than turning the corner of that building in the last of us and finding the giraffes. or driving to the mountain in uncharted 4 and having that moment of peaceful scenic beauty with the field of flowers. its just within the linear path of the game rather than wandering around aimlessly until you trigger something interesting.
>>
>>341608346
>is this game similar to last of us
>dev: NO IT ISN'T REEEEEEEEE
looks so shit and boring defo dead on arrival
>>
>>341618505
you're the one who said get lost in the maze of a level. I said I dont want that. Do you even know what you're saying? lmfao.
>>
>>341618547
i said the game was not linear. you're the one talking about quests lmfao.
>>
>>341617721

Everything you described there could be better achieved in a linear game though, you even yourself decry the fact that all these side quests distracted you from the tower. In fact everything you said there was scripted too, which is a hallmark of most linear games. How did the game being open world add to those moments at all? Was it hours upon hours of finding nothing but dull emptiness, make the feel of finally seeing something noteworthy all the more better?

The idea that "rounding a corner and seeing something interesting" is exclusive to open world is behind retarded. Open world is actually the worst genre for that because often times you round the corner and it's fucking nothing.

Hell I had a similar situation in Dark Messiah, a linear game. I got off a boat, walked up a beach, found some dead bodies, walked through a path between a cliff face, rounded a corner and found an old palace that was inhabited by orks and then a dragon landed.
>>
>>341619137
> lmao lmfao lol lmao

your arguments are made invalid every time you do that

> sorry bud lmao
>>
>>341618765
the difference is pretty clear. One event is more scripted than the other. Due to linear level design.
>>
>>341619304
It was the fact that I could play the game and not ever see it in that light. It was the fact you can end up seeing it first from the top of amount miles away or up close like I did.

There are many different ways to discover these scripted things and locations. Not just one.
>>
>>341619390
> one scripted even is MORE scripted than the other scripted event so its DIFFERENT

exactly how? its not different. it only feels different because, as >>341619304 said, you slogged through nothingness for so long that when you finally triggered a SCRIPTED event it was exciting and interesting.
>>
>>341619359
>>341619359
idc lmfao. I'm not gonna act like a butthurt little bitch arguing on the internet. I'm just gonna explain to you all why you are feeble minded and your minds are as linear as the games you play.
>>
>>341619602
> the risk that you can miss out on things makes a game better

more like the developers get even lazier because why make it high quality when many players may never even see it?
>>
>>341619631
Like I said there are tons of ways to see these events rather than just following a straight line to it like most of these games. You're all mad because you cant immerse yourselves in video games like I do. You want small little convenient boxes that cram all of the content in one place so you dont get distracted. Have fun with that. I dont want it. I want to find it myself.
>>
>>341619731

>if it's not open world it's linear

You retreating to that again when you already got BTFO'd by these images. >>341617437
>>341617036
>>341616247
>>
>>341619843
thats immersion, just like in life sometimes you can miss things
>>
>saddlebags on your bike for inventory
I hope this means you have very limited pocket-space and need to resupply from your bike. Or taking supplies to the bike is very limited and requires multiple trips.
>bounty hunting side missions
Neat

This basically needs to be Sony's State of Decay/DayZ. Not a TLOU but open world.
>>
>>341620090
agreed. I'm sick of all of these shit games where you can just carry everything. Where the fuck does it all go?
>>
>>341619950
having to break up your little world into hubs is immersion breaking and pointless just fucking do it right. Make it how an actual world works. In real life when you go to another city you don't hit a load screen for a short amount of time and them just pop up there.

whack shit. if you like to be taken out of the game like that and reminded you're not in the world be my guest lol
>>
>>341619901
linear games can and DO have secrets and things to explore and its always done better than open world.

take metal gear (before it was ruined by OPEN WORLD in TPP) there were tons of things you could find that "just like in real life" you could miss out on. like using the directional mic to hear interesting convos, johnny having diarrhea. finding cute girl posters that snake reacted to if you did certain actions near them, standing under the soldier pissing and calling people on codec and having them react... it goes on and on.
>>
>>341620579
All of those moments are really fucking lame why would I want to hear someone have diarrhea or find "cute girl posters" you fucking weirdo.

I think ill stick to fining dungeons and learning the lore of the many worlds I visit.
>>
>>341620530
real life is boring just like open world wandering through fields is boring. acting like open world games being "like real life" is not a good argument for the positive
>>
File: cumon.jpg (226 KB, 1048x1048) Image search: [Google]
cumon.jpg
226 KB, 1048x1048
>>341620739
autism everyone.
>>
>>341620579
and I never said I don't like linear games I don't know where thats coming from. I just don't hate open world games and I think most linear games are immersion breaking. The lack of choice aggravates me.

In some of those games its unrealistic to be stuck in the little hub world like that. Like you don't have the choice to just run off and leave whenever you want to in any direction. You have to find specific parts that let you leave. Gaaaayyyyy
>>
>>341609572
>shits on a game anytime it's linear
>open world is lazy

devs can't fucking win anymore.
>>
>>341620979
Yeah Autism is not caring about "cute pixels" or diarrhea.
>>
>>341620530

That arguement is so dumb. When you watch a film do you get pulled out of the experience because the director cut to the next scene when a character travelled somewhere? Do you honestly want to watch a 10 hour film with 2 hours of content because 3 quarters of the film are the main character sitting in traffic inside his car doing nothing while travelling between locations where the story actually takes place, also complete with "side plots" where he goes and fills up his gas and takes a piss and eats a hamburgers.

For fuck sake anon, pacing. Opening world games are horribly paced because the majority of the game is a travelling simulator. A load screen to speed up uneventful travel is called good pacing and it only shows you what you need to know and see. This is basic fucking cinema and story telling. Books do this too it's called fucking chapters.

Do you wish that books included detailed lenghty information about every step and stroll a character takes in between his travel time talking to other characters?
>>
>>341621028
they can /v/ is just full of cynics who like their old school shit. They cant get past the fact they aren't limited by technology anymore and its too much for them to handle.
>>
>>341620985
you wouldnt want to run off and leave because, guess what, you are on a mission. why would you run off and do something else when there is an actual interesting plot you want to see through to the end? a good game with a good plot will maintain your interest so you DONT want to be distracted by pointless side quests.

how do you not get that?
>>
>>341621115
I don't like movies due to the fact that I have no choice in them, and everyone has the same experience more or less. Lame.
>>
>>341621335

Alright the games up, you had everyone going there but now it's obvious you are baiting. I hope the (You)'s were worth it.

Thread over everyone.
>>
>>341621479
not baiting at all. the last movie i enjoyed was scott pilgrim vs the world and that was due to all of the different ways it could be interpreted. The last one before that was fight club.

I dont care for following some dipshit in a movie and watch him make wrong choices I would never make. Its stupid.
>>
>>341621084
autism is wanting to know about the religious rituals of faggot elves, their language, their gay folklore, the origins of the special ore that their swords are made of and the whole smelting process and a million other things that have no bearing on the actual main plot.

its boring. its pointless. its filler.
>>
>>341621084
autism
>>
>>341621698
> inability to empathize with other people

autism confirmed.
>>
>>341621698
>I dont care for following some dipshit in a movie and watch him make wrong choices I would never make.

Not even movie is horror slasher garbage, maybe try to get some fucking taste.

You talk about interpretation of film like it's so fucking rare and not a common hallmark of a good film.
>>
>>341621698
watch Jagden that's a movie about a guy who makes no bad decisions
>>
>>341621707
then im autstic as fuck, nice maybe i can get money for that
>>341622076
I don't like movies faggot get over it. I can usually tell whats going to happen and if I can't tell its because I didn't care enough to figure it out. LOL lmfao lawl lel lel. I need more than staring at a screen for an hour plus to enjoy it. I need input or choice.
>>
>>341622389
maybe i dont ever watch movies. so idk. The most I can tolerate are like 45 minutes episode of as how and thats only if I have someone with me to bullshit about it with.
>>
>>341621989
why would i empathize with someone i have 0 interaction with? I empathize with video game characters ive learned about and exchanged dialogue with if they are done right.
>>
>>341608346
it looks like a shitty dead rising clone
>>
>>341623307
but you are interacting with them. you're watching them. you are learning their story, seeing their emotions, hearing their conversations, just like all the other characters in the game.

you really feel nothing for main characters of books and movies? i take it you also don't have very many, if any, friends, because, why should you care about them, right? they're not you!
>>
>>341624220
You're clearly not getting this. You cannot talk or interact to a character in a movie. You can not do anything to draw any sort of reaction from them. You can do this in video games and I do. You can do this in real life with friends and a wife and kids. and I do.

The lack of interaction on my part in movies is boring. I'm not some sheep who just sits there and drools over someones telling a fucking story.
>>
>>341623417
and not exactly. there are just a lot of enemies...
>>
>>341624569
> im better than all you sheep! im above listening to stories! i an IMMERSE myself! i am explorer!!

please kill yourself.
>>
I thought it was gonna be an indirect TLOU sequel in the same universe until I saw the fast as fuck zombies.
>>
>>341624687
I never said i'm better. I just don't have a little infantile brain that is easily entertained by sitting and staring. Be mad because you cant immerse yourself and become apart of the world. If I was consciously stuck in this dimension at all times I would be a little butt hurt bitch too =]
>>
>>341625217
same desu i was a little sad it wasnt. =/
>>
>>341625878

Linear games are more immersive than open world games though.

>watching movies in infantile

Christ you are a pleb. Depends entirely on what you watch dipshit. Watching garbage like Scary Movie 4 or the latest capeshitter is not the same as watching something like Rosemary's Baby or Apocalypse Now.
>>
>>341626582
How the fuck is having to follow a certain at path immersive or for hub worlds how it having to go to specific points to get to the next one immersive? Its the definition of immersion breaking. How is being trapped in a little area immersive? I understand you can cram more detail into these little spaces but im not staring at fucking walls counting the pixels like a fucking spec fag.

and I wont argue about movies on here. I know my view on them is harsh. Not gonna force myself to like them though lol.
>>
>>341627371

How the fuck isn't it. What even is your definition of immersion. How can something being small be immersion breaking? Have you literally never been inside a house before in your life? There are small interiors in real life too faggot.

>How the fuck is having to follow a certain at path immersive or for hub worlds how it having to go to specific points to get to the next one immersive?

Why are all your "arguments" based on travel. You don't "have to" follow this certain path, the game will naturally make you want to go there anyways via good level design, signposting and by putting interesting things in the direction it wants you to go in. You are being lead by your interests. Sure there are bad linear games that are too linear, but there are good ones too.

Also the fact you see hubs as just something to traverse to get to the next area is depressing. You truly sound autistic. Is all you enjoy about video games just endless travel. Maybe you should just play minecraft and spend days wondering through nothing if that's all you enjoy.

Seriously, go play Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines and tell me that isn't immersive as fuck. Tell me Resident Evil REmake isn't immersive like nothing else. Go play Thief and tell me you aren't absolutely immersed in it's sprawling yet intricately designed world every time you play it? Tell me how Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth isn't immersive.

But no apparently the most immersive thing is just being able to travel endlessly without meeting a barrier, even if it's samefagged boring copy pasted locations, environments and geometry that aren't interesting and all and have very little thought put into their design.
>>
>>341628385
If you don't understand how having to go through a loading screen to get to the next city is immersion breaking then there's no reason to even talk any further. lmfao

It doesnt make sense it takes me out of the game. I don't like it. The fact that makes you so mad to the point where yo reply with paragraphs every 10 or so minutes is pathetic lmfao. I like Theif. I love the resident evil remake and have MULTIPLE videos on my youtube channel. I PREFER open world. Go cry about it hahaha!
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.