[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shit you wish was in more games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 414x178) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 414x178
I'm playing through Gears 1 and I wish active reloading was in more games.
>>
>>341606927
Star Wars Battlefront did it better
>>
>>341607096

prove it.
>>
>>341606927
Gears did a lot of things horribly like the shitty cover system but I liked the reload system very much
>>
>>341606927
I remember doing this with relative ease, but I don't even remember what it does.
>>
>>341607424
>>341607424
The small white spot gives you a faster reload and a damage boost on all of the bullets you reloaded, the gray spot is just a faster reload, and the black makes your gun jam for a couple of seconds
>>
In Halo 1 2v2s, you could practically choose your teammate's spawn point. Teammates would always spawn at the nearest available spawn point, within a small radius. If no spawn points are available, your teammate just gets a random spawn.
>>
>>341606927
I liked the active reload feature in alienation but I feel like it came into play a little too often because of the pint-sized clips. Then again, I suppose there's something to be said for the fact that since you had to reload constantly, keeping your cool and nailing the active reload made a big difference in your damage output. Plus the three different classes' primaries reloaded just a tiny amount slower or faster than the others so when you got used to one of them you'd be fucked when you changed classes
>>
>>341607178
>shitty cover system

I'll admit it spawned a generation of shitty magnetized chest high walls in games, but gears nailed it's own cover system pretty much perfectly for what it was
>>
>>341608285
It would have been perfect if it didn't break some of the weapons. Giving the longshot a down off a single shot to the body was beyond retarded, and the torque bow charge got way too fast with it. Hell even the damage boost alone on most weapons was ridiculous, every match would start with people shooting 4 rounds into the ground in front of them if they weren't designated to go for the power weapon spawn.
>>
I wish more games had no or minimal HUD like Dead Space or Journey.
Real time menus too, anything that pauses the game outside of the "Pause" button should be gone.
>>
Mercenary Kings has this reload mechanic. The game plays like Metal Slug with added weapon upgrade mechanics. It's pretty fun.
>>
>>341606927
So satisfying to get it down to a reflex. Also helped me get used to Nero's combos in DMC4, mastering the rev-up mid-combo is pretty much the same idea. Just satisfying bits that aren't necessary or obtrusive to gameplay.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.