[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just fucking can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: The Witcher-2.jpg (591 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
The Witcher-2.jpg
591 KB, 1920x1080
ITT Games you really want to like but just can't for whatever reason

I really wanted to get into the Witcher serise but the combat gives me aids
It feels so unrisponsive and clucky and all you do when you actually hit something is stunlock them to death.
There are also so many other little things that just makes the game not fun to play.
Like the clusterfuck of an inventory and the map.

It's a shame really, the story is pretty good so far but i just fucking can't get over how shit the actual gameplay feel
>>
I thought the same, then I change the difficulty to the easiest and played it only for the story.

After this, the game is the best game I have ever played. The combat works and you don't have to give a fuck about your health or other difficulty time wastes.

Also I play the game on 4k. It's just beautiful.
>>
>>341605878
Witcher 2 & 3 have terrible consolitis game play and UI. Couldn't stand them myself.

However, TW1:EE is a superb CRPG, with great atmosphere and lovely lore. Can't say a bad thing about the game play, as it's so comfy .

the biggest mistake people make with Witcher is to expect it to be an action game.
>>
>>341605878
sadly 3 doesn't have better combat.

it's a shame though, because i agree that story writing, chars, and espacially graphic are great.
>>
File: 1465231706004.jpg (379 KB, 1422x1422) Image search: [Google]
1465231706004.jpg
379 KB, 1422x1422
>>341606492
I jsut feel like if i set it to ez and just ignor the game istels i might as well jsut watch all the cutsceens on YT or something.

And i can't just jump straight to 3 because i want the save to carry over
>>
>>341605878
>the combat gives me aids
The first one is a take on the aRPG combat style that was quite refreshing at the time, it's not a third person action game and wasn't ever supposed to be third person to begin with.

The second one plays just fine, it's mile ahead of anything in it's genre bar Dark Souls and Dragon's Dogma, better than literally any other action RPG.

The third game improved on the second in many way, however it does suffer a bit because of it's open world, but certainly is still the king of the B class of action RPG combat.
>>
Threadly reminder that only 1 has good combat.
>>
File: 1465600795759.jpg (20 KB, 510x476) Image search: [Google]
1465600795759.jpg
20 KB, 510x476
>>341605878
This. I was so stoked to play this game, but about 4 hours in I just couldn't get into it. The horse movement and combat is clunky, the inventory and maps are hard to navigate, and the text in the menus can be hard to read to read because of how small it is. The game is beautiful and the story is fantastic, but I just couldn't enjoy the gameplay. So I returned it and bought Bloodborne. Which is a way better game, by the way.
>>
>>341606673
1 was boring af. couldn't bring myself to play any further than lakeside
>>
>>341605878
when I played witcher 2 for the first time I really didn't like it. combat felt underwhelming and the perspective kind of annoyed me

I played it again of course and it got better, but it was still not as great as my other experiences with rpgs in general
>>
File: DeusExHumanRevolutionCover.png (3 MB, 1405x2194) Image search: [Google]
DeusExHumanRevolutionCover.png
3 MB, 1405x2194
>>341605878
Never understod why this game so much praise
It's some wired blend of the elder scrolls games if they wheren't open world and a typical Bioware game

It's okay but not 9 or 10/10
>>
>>341607506
> boring
your head is messed up.
Played the game 4 times in a row, and loved each run more than previous.
>>
>>341605878
>read books
>TW 2 is american pandering crap
>Yennefer best girl for Geralt
>>
>>341605878
Maybe you're just fucking autistic, OP? I played the arena in TW2 and it was extremely fun for what it was.

The combat may be simple and automated, but there are actually several kinds of moves that you can do depending how you position yourself, and that makes the whole combat aspect simple to learn, but challenging to fully master.

And yet you're completely disappointed in the mechanics.

There's a good chance you haven't given yourself the opportunity to enjoy the game properly before discarding the idea altogether.
>>
Combat takes getting used to for 2, but it's actually very tactical and good once you get the hang of it.

Remember you have infinite prep time. Use everything to your advantage for harder fights, like placing traps and crafting bombs/potions/oils.
>>
>>341609023
>read books expecting awesome Geralt adventures
>ends up being a coming of age story about Ciri
I felt slightly upset
>>
>>341608056
HR is an 8/10, the original Deus Ex is the 10/10
>>
>>341609317

played both the witcher 2 and 3 in their entirety and they're super fucking busted mechanically. great games, but holy fuck are they the most clunky pieces of shit.
>>
>>341609796
But they're objectively better than most action RPGs in every single way.
>>
>>341609938
That's wrong, though.
>>
I know how you feel op.
I usually love open world fantasy games but I just could not get into the Wicher 3. The combat is just not fun at all.
>>
>>341610145
20 action RPGs with better gameplay, go.
>>
>>341610214
648 action rpgs with worse gameplay, go.
>>
File: Regis.jpg (134 KB, 400x591) Image search: [Google]
Regis.jpg
134 KB, 400x591
>>341605878
Ignore the games and read the fucking books, dammit. Then, when you become absolutely in love with the series and the universe in general, you will have no absolute problem with the combat.
>>
>>341605878
Switch control style to alternative. It improves the movement at least.
>>
>>341608056

>I never understood why people liked things I don't care about

Wow maybe because not everyone has the same crippling mental disorder that you do
>>
>>341606673
Jesus christ you must hate yourself. Witcher 1 has a superb story but everything else about that game gives me cancer
>>
>>341610295
Everything except Souls and Dragon's Dogma.
>>
>>341611697
i'll stop replying now

enjoy
>>
>>341611697
>I've played everything
>I am a disgusting weeb

Definitely, go fuck yourself you worthless piece of shit.
>>
Are these games better to play with controller or keyboard?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.