[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zelda Hate Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
File: hate thread.png (310 KB, 625x352) Image search: [Google]
hate thread.png
310 KB, 625x352
This is the thread for people worried about the new Zelda. Let's discuss our concerns. Corrections and positivity are fine, as long as it's not delusion or Nintendo Defense Force shit.

My concerns:
>complete lack of game structure (can go straight to the final boss)
>only four real dungeons
>shrines look repetitive
>"Hyrule in decay" sounds like an excuse for few NPCs/villages
>graphics are obviously shit (I also hate the Skyward Sword style)
>inventory/loot shit could get really irritating
>>
>>341600474
>four dungeons
Unless there's a reliable source, that's something you made up.
>>
>>341600474
>My concerns:
So don't go straight to the final boss
>only four real dungeons
Quality> quantity, im sure if it's really only 4 main ones then those 4 main ones will be massive.
>shrines look repetitive
What do you mean? How much could they have already shown?
They already said they removed a lot of the environment to not spoil
Faggot is probably still relying on the stream video. This looks much better and closer to the original teasers.
https://youtu.be/GGe3PzXifJU
They gave everything you collect more meaningful to have. It looks like you're going to be constantly using different weapons and be forced to adapt, sounds good to me.
I always hated how once you got the master sword there's basically no point in using anything else.
>>
>>341600474
Why would you call a thread about concerns and constructive criticism a hate thread?

Anyway, my concerns.
>As everyone pointed out, looks empty as fuck, atmosphere looks very samey
>Map is supposedly bigger than GTA5s with no obvious interesting ways to travel besides warping or by horseback riding
>there will be no way to upgrade the speed at which you climb walls
>Resources, weapons, and ores will be all too common because it seems like all enemies are dropping things constantly
>Shrine things look really short and boring
>There won't be much to be gained from exploring but heartpieces, bottles or fairy fountains
>the bosses will be too easy

Dunno, man. What we've seen is really fucking interesting but I can't ignore the feeling in my gut.
>>
>>341600474

- Indifferent
>Combat
People were expecting a Dark Souls/For Honor combat.From the action standpoint having a DarkSouls combat like means enemies become an actual threat.From the exploration standpoint having a hack-n-slash combat means it is much smoother to get shit done, which leads to...
>Enemies
Enemies could moderate the hack'n'slash and deep combat, if you exclude the guardian we only have the goblin and the goblin pack leader and he still isn't that much of a threat.I hope that is bound to the Plateau Area because they better be start adding some new enemies to fight because if I'm to fight the same red goblin in the entire world like Zelda WW did the game is bound to disappointment.

- The Bad
>AI
For fuck SAKE Nintendo the Goblins just stand there waiting to get hit.Even the lead of the pack still piss easy to fight because he doesn't offer any kind of resistance combat-wise.Either increase their attack speed or make them smarter somehow.

- Tweaks and Hopes
Foods could heal your hearts over time instead of instantly
New enemies
Hero mode in the start
HEART CONTAINERS WHERE
>>
>>341600474
Also
>can go straight to the final boss
I doubt that it'll be something that you just stumble upon while exploring, theyll probably put it somewhere far away. But I totally agree with your concern about a lack of structure, that was what made me hate ALBW.
>>
>>341600474
>My concerns:
>>complete lack of game structure (can go straight to the final boss)
Like Zelda 1, although I guess you need bombs and the raft first huh?
>>only four real dungeons
>>shrines look repetitive
You got me there.
>>"Hyrule in decay" sounds like an excuse for few NPCs/villages
Or trying to be Zelda 1 but not.
>>graphics are obviously shit (I also hate the Skyward Sword style)
I don't mind it, but it could definitely use more work.
>>inventory/loot shit could get really irritating
If shit starts breaking too much, Yeah. They could negate this by adding a quick select button that lets you quickly put on the next functional equipment without going through the menu.
>>
My own worries are

>Minute to minute gameplay is too boring, cooking and all those canned animations ending up wasting time by the end of the game
>Empty overworld
>No fun ways to get around, just horse and fast travel
>Durability and Equip Load mean I get to spend too much time in the inventory sifting through trash
>Pointless slow motion against normal enemies
>Only bokoblins and keese like Skyward Sword
>Only Toads instead of interesting NPC's
>>
>>341600474
>people think you will just be able to walk into the final boss with 3 hearts, a tree branch, and easily beat the game

Kek please I'd love to see you doing Level 9 in original LoZ with 3 hearts and no upgrades.
>>
File: enemy ai.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
enemy ai.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>341601818
>The Bad
>AI
But anyways, this thread has legit criticism, I don't understand why it's called a hate thread.
>>
My main concern about the lack of structure is actually that your path to each major dungeon is just totally open. I like the lead up to each major dungeon having some form of path. Like how you have to play through Ikana Canyon all of Ikana Canyon before you can enter the area's temple.

If you can just sort of wander around and find the entrance with no problems, it would feel TOO open to me.
>>
>>341602118
But this isn't the 80s anymore. Modern Nintendo games besides Dong Freeze and maybe the end of SM3DW can be beaten with your eyes closed.
>>
>>341602092
>>Minute to minute gameplay is too boring, cooking and all those canned animations ending up wasting time by the end of the game

Totally agree. I think the major flaw of all open-world games is that the minute-to-minute gameplay usually suffers.
>>
>>341602231
You're not allowed to critique Nintendo's new comfy Zelda game. I got a critique.
>Voice acting
There's no reason to do this. The garbles added a sense of mystery to the Zelda games. Adding voice acting ruins it and makes it a regular fantasy series.
>>
File: 1464044486540-x.jpg (227 KB, 2048x1439) Image search: [Google]
1464044486540-x.jpg
227 KB, 2048x1439
Stamina bar returns
>>
>>341602486
You lose 5 hearts from a guardian laser beam.
You think the last boss is going to rude 1/2 heart like in TP or WW?
>>
File: Zeruda Map.jpg (409 KB, 1022x901) Image search: [Google]
Zeruda Map.jpg
409 KB, 1022x901
>>341602298
There's probably a vague story to lead the scrubs on their way around the world.

PS have we got better maps than this?
>>
File: tyrone dons his favourite hat.gif (3 MB, 250x257) Image search: [Google]
tyrone dons his favourite hat.gif
3 MB, 250x257
>>341602621
>The garbles added a sense of mystery to the Zelda games
>>
File: 22457869_p0.jpg (179 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
22457869_p0.jpg
179 KB, 800x1200
Why the fuck are you naming it a hate thread when it's a thread for FANS who actually like the series and are just worried they might not pull it off?

Anyway, after the clusterfucks of SS/TP I'm worried they just made the world huge without thinking, and that it'll end up being a mess. I'm very happy were getting an actual overworld though, who knows, this might be the first 3D Zelda with an overworld and exploration that compares to 2D titles.

For level design, I hope they made the enemies a threat, at least in dungeons so it won't be all at the same "difficulty" like ALBW -- and that the "final" boss will be hard.

Don't care about graphics but they need to give some weight to the animations and improve on combat

Loot system is a huge improvement over the shit that was SS. In SS there was no meaning to it, but now you actually have to take care of your stamina/hearts because it won't be easy to recover and explore without them. I'm loving it. At first I was bitching but the more I read about this game the more hope it gives me - they're finally taking a step forward.
>>
>>341601563
>>341602231

Because "Hate Thread" fit in the image, and seemed likely to attract people more negative about the game. Tried to clarify in the actual post.
>>
>>341602621
Confirmed for just the trailer.

Every other character ingame talked as Zelda characters usually do: grunts and text.
>>
>>341600474
It has the fucking FLAME ROD

FLAME ROD IN 3D ZELDA.

IT FUCKING WON
>>
>>341602897
>with an overworld and exploration that compares to 2D titles.
??

The only 2D Zelda with an open world is LoZ.

The rest are blocked until plot progression or item acquired, like LA or Oracles
>>
every weapon seems to break after killing one or two enemies. so you collect a weapon from the enemy you just killed over and over. this game is a collecting spree. at least remove the lttle item info pop up when youve seen the item before..
>>
>>341602775
Don't know because we haven't seen it yet. For all we know, it could. All we can know is that Zelda games have been piss easy for more than 20 years now and people who want this game to be challenging are rightfully concerned.

And besides, maybe there's a weapon or a set of armor we'll eventually get that completely gimps those spider guardian things, who knows?
>>
>>341600934
I've seen games from 09 with better graphics.
>>
>>341603325
>And besides, maybe there's a weapon or a set of armor we'll eventually get that completely gimps those spider guardian things, who knows?

Ah, but that's not "skip the entire game and head to the final boss" anymore, is it?
>>
>>341601818
>The Bad
>AI
>>
>>341603096
Sure but you could still find a bunch of shit the more you explored, in pretty much any part of the map. Burining/knocking down every tree, digging every spot, bombing the shit out of any rock - you'd be able to find new things the more you looked. If this game is open like the original Zelda AND has rewarding exploration like early 2D titles it's a fucking miracle.
>>
>>341603179
>at least remove the lttle item info pop up when youve seen the item before..
They've said it doesn't come up after the first time you pick an item up OVER and OVER on the stream you DAFT CUNT
>>
>>341600474

>discuss concerns
>labels it HURR HATE THREAD

child
>>
is this the official shit post thread
>>
You guys seem like huge cucks.
>>
Complete lack of game structure could be a huge plus if they do it the original Zelda way.

It will how depend on how systemic and emergent the gameplay ends up being.
>>
First order of business - Let us find something to hate about it. Any suggestions?
>>
File: Best Pizza Topping.jpg (96 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
Best Pizza Topping.jpg
96 KB, 1080x1080
>>341603179
stronger weapons, ones you work for, purchase, or find far from the beaten trail, will almost certainly last longer, especially late game, but you'll prolly want to save them because like diamond tools in minecraft they're more valuable.

>at least remove the little item info pop up when you've seen the item before

They've said that this in the full game, it's just because they were resetting the demo after each segment of the stream.
>>
More like OP wanted a shitpost circlejerk thread without anyone opposing him.
>>
So no rupees? No shops? No purchasing weapons/food stuff?
>>
>>341603415
Not the ENTIRE game. Again, who knows. Personally I'm not concerned about stumbling onto the final boss because I highly doubt it's gonna be anywhere near the starting hub.

Some retard somewhere will manage to do it, though.
>>
>>341600934
He said no delusion anon
>>
>>341600474
I'm kind of mad at how they basically are forcing Wii U owners to choose between buying a new console that will have droughts as bad as Wii U, or playing the inferior shitty version of Zelda.
>>
>>341601563
You can travel by shield, hang glider, andother monsters mounts as well
>>
>>341603586
>>341603667
>>341603730
Literally nobody in the thread was shitposting until you niggers showed up, fucking kill yourselves.
>>
>>341603998
Made me put my wiiwoo up on eBay honestly. Didn't really use it anyway and I'd rather not have worse Zelda.
>>
>>341603998
Would you rather it be NX exclusive?
>>
My concerns are

>weapon durability, enemies drop weps like crazy so it's just unnecessary hassle
>being able to heal whenever, you used to be limited by amount of bottles
>OoT literally had better animations

I'd mention the empty overworld but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt, since they mentioned they cut things for spoiler reasons

I'd also mention it's too easy, but at this point it's just a fact of Zelda, I'll just do 3 heart runs with shit armor
>>
Not criticism just something I'm worried about.

Hope the Guardians, Skeleman and Thardus won't be the only overworld bosses, I'd love to stumble across a wider array of minibosses like DD's Griffins or some shit.
>>
>>341603856
Rupees, shops, and towns are confirmed, you just don't get rupees from killing enemies or cutting bushes, one of the item descriptions said that you can sell it to get rupees.
>>
As someone who didn't like the original Zelda and prefer the 3D Zeldas, this doesn't look like it's going to be that fun to me. I don't like open-world in the first place, I need some level of direction and linearity. Batman: Arkham City was the most open I could tolerate because it didn't feel too empty and the sidequests/non-main stuff was spaced out in access and easily manageable. But shit where they just plop me in the middle of a vast empty field and tell me to just choose between 5,000 options is just going to make me get immediately bored and stop playing.

On the other hand, I get that this is what fans of the original wanted, so I'm happy for them. But I hope that not every Zelda in the future will be like this (and they probably won't).

Lack of characters/towns/story also had me super worried, but they claim they just didn't show any of that because they don't want to spoil. I hope they weren't bullshitting me.
>>
>>341600474
You can't spell hate thread without hatred
>>
File: 1455387728179.png (247 KB, 432x313) Image search: [Google]
1455387728179.png
247 KB, 432x313
>tfw those complaining about path structure toward dungeons/major plots

IT'S TRUE, NINTENDO BABBIES REALLY DO NEED HAND HOLDING.
>>
What do you think the NX version would have as a bonus? User-Created Shrines and/or Dungeons that can be shared like SMM?
>>
>>341604219
>pls hold my hand mummy
>mummy pls tell me a story
>mummy tell me what to do
>>
File: Persian_link.png (221 KB, 300x446) Image search: [Google]
Persian_link.png
221 KB, 300x446
>>341600474
As with many of the open world games that have been released this generation, a lot of what makes the game fun depends on the player. I share the same concerns as many do, but I think with a bit of restraint on the player, doing a balanced amount of sidecontent in between the main content, not trying to do everything is going to make the game a lot more enjoyable.

If you get stuck in autism OCD mode (which is easy to do) then the game will probably get really boring after the 25th shrine, but as I said, only look for the interesting stuff, do only a bit of the side content in between the main stuff which you complete at a decent pace and I think the game turn out a decent Zelda game.
>>
>>341603856
Yes to all of that. Removed from demo to avoid spoilers
>>
>>341604196
>OoT literally had better animations
What? Are you sure you watched the right stream?
>>
>>341600474
MY BIGGEST CONCERN.

Yes the game looks ugly and is extremely outdated, BUT it could be saved if the fix the gameplay.

>Combat is effectively a shallow hack and slash, it's brain dead and easy with no depth to it, even the witcher wasn't this bad.
>Please make the enemies challenging so that gameplay is actually exciting.
>>
>>341603459
>>341602231

>>The Bad
>>AI

Did you faggots actually saw the combat vids/webm that were rolling around here?Specially the one where Chiko does a backflip in front of them then snowboards and the enemies just stare at them like mongoloids?
>>
>>341603013
I'm pretty sure they confimed otherwise, that every character will actually speak except Link.
>>
>>341604136
Honestly? Yeah. It would incentivize an NX purchase, and for me to sell my U. Plus we wouldn't be getting the gimped version of the game that would probably benefit from the extra processing power.
>>
>>341604578
The game looks fine if you looked at live recordings of demos
>>
>>341600474
Where the fuck did this come from?
>>
>>341604613
An the old man who didnt have a voice. Probably all npc sans Zelda
>>
File: 1465940914306.webm (430 KB, 850x480) Image search: [Google]
1465940914306.webm
430 KB, 850x480
>>341604579
They didn't stare.

They shot off three arrows in that webm. Look again.
>>
File: that was a bad idea.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
that was a bad idea.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>341604579
This is the basic enemy type in the game, the easy mode minions, the goombas, the mudcrabs, and even then, they have a lot of cool reaction to things you throw at them.
>>
>>341604219
You can still get handholded afaik, you just have to follow the story.Only thing they did was removing the default handholding.
>>
I know they said the pop up menu only appears for new items, but I'm afraid of what happens after you turn the game off. Skyward Sword had the problem of acting like you never saw it when turning it on again.
>>
>>341604321
It's not hand holding faggot, it's just that some games benefit from having a focus and structure rather than being designed to pander to special snowflakes who need to play the game the way they want to.
>>
>>341604432
Fuck off. I'm not talking about hand-holding, I'm talking about structure. If shit is too open then there's no motivation at all to do anything. I like having options and sidequests and shit, even just 4 dungeons is fine, Majora's Mask was my favorite Zelda. But just being plopped into an empty field with no direction or motivation is boring.
>>
>>341600474
Not a criticism, but it honestly amuses me how most of those negatives but the last could be applied to the original LoZ.

Also,
>Can go straight to the final boss

Only if:
A.) You're a guide reading faggot, or;
B.) You're someone who's played the game before and seeks a challenge
>>
File: prettyhatmachine.jpg (41 KB, 448x443) Image search: [Google]
prettyhatmachine.jpg
41 KB, 448x443
>>341600474

the only thing i'm with you on is
i know they said they purposely didn't show that stuff for the e3 build, and that makes sense... but i'm still worried it's gonna be a lot more sparse than i'd like.

other than that i'm excited for the changes, console zelda's were really stagnating.
>>
>>341601563
I believe they said you can shrine warp once you've finished one.
>>341600474
Gonna need a sauce on 4 dungeons
>>
>>341604579
You wouldn't be surprised as fuck if someone you were fighting did a flip over your head?

And the moblins are the tutorial monsters, and meant to be complete idiots. The rarer blue ones seem to know what's up though.
>>
>>341600474
If they stick to there not being any indicators of places on the map and that you only explore 100% by looking around the environment then I think exploration will be a lot of fun and could feel a bit more unique to the other open world games that just have you looking at icons on your screen, never really looking around the environment.
>>
>>341604574
I did, attack animations have link sliding around like he's on ice, he's stiff as a board during the jumping attack, and the snowboarding animations are comical
>>
>>341600474
>graphics are shit
"I hate anime a lot"
IFTFY
but seriously, does last guardian or Okami also look like shit? El Shaddai? This is a really subjective criticism, you can do better OP.
>>
there's nothing i dislike about the game so far. my biggest concern is the console

>buy a cheap wiiu
>weak ass console with few games and no future
or
>buy an NX
>might have to wait more
>spend more
>very likely to end up like the wii u

also i'm not sure about the direction the went with music wise

should've had at least some soft piano or wind instruments
>>
>>341604914
I don't want to be handheld, I just want there to actually be a clear goal in mind. I don't need to be told step-by-step how to do it, I just don't like the idea of being in a vast open area and being told "Do whatever the fuck you want." If there's no structure, there's no motivation, and thus no reason to play.
>>
More like uninformed thread
>>
>>341600474
I'm pretty optimistic about it, but I was very underwhelmed by the graphics. The style is alright, but technically it looked almost a decade behind.
Geometry at mid to far range looked empty as fuck and had ugly texturing. Plus a whole slew of other technical shit that just isn't up to par.

I'm also not really fond of the color choice in some areas. For example that extremely bright green of the grass. Too saturated for my taste.

And I know this is nintendo and that they've said exploration is one of the most important aspects, but I keep worrying the overworld will feel empty with not enough to discover, boring empty landscapes, and not enough enemy variety.

Also the enemies didn't seem aggressive enough as far as I saw.

That said, I'll probably get an NX just for this (skipped the WiiU)
>>
File: Happee lee.png (321 KB, 574x594) Image search: [Google]
Happee lee.png
321 KB, 574x594
>>341604867
>the second one intentionally lights his club on fire.

Holy shit lol.
>>
File: Artstyle sucks.jpg (229 KB, 1921x720) Image search: [Google]
Artstyle sucks.jpg
229 KB, 1921x720
>>341600474
First off too much shitposting in this thread about semantics. Hate thread/critique thread w/e shut about it.

My personal concerns:
>Art style. 2017 and they decide to anime it up instead of taking advantage of current tech.
>Amiibo locked bonus content
>Ridiculous ragdoll physics.
>Small bag space/no confirm to upgrade. one can only hope.
>>
8 YEARS
>>
File: 1465923877029.jpg (131 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1465923877029.jpg
131 KB, 1280x720
>>341604196
>>being able to heal whenever, you used to be limited by amount of bottles
Huh, didn't think about it. But maybe they do limit the amount of shrooms you can make/carry. Sure hope so because that inventory screen is big.
>>
File: 1463511966060.jpg (40 KB, 162x174) Image search: [Google]
1463511966060.jpg
40 KB, 162x174
>>341600474
>hate thread
>people who are worries

i get mixed messages here
>>
>>341604867
>accidentally light
yeah shit
>the other purposely lights
what
>>
>>341604861
Wait, I posted the slightly shorter version. I don't have the longer.
>>
Just gotta say that some of the concerns in this thread have no ground to stand on.

>amount of dungeons
Literally no info on this

>shrines look short
Well yeah, they're like 1 puzzle challenges you do for items and shit. The ones in the first area grant you bombs and stuff like, the ones in other zones grant you special weapons, shields, armour, items.

>travel
This concern is one I share actually, but if we can get a hookshot then it's likely we'll be able to stasis a tree, hit it several times for enough energy to send it to the moon and then hookshot ourselfs to it. Other options might be taming a huge bird and riding it. We'll have to see, but I hope they do something right.

>difficulty
This as well, I really hope Hero mode is available right from the start.
>>
>>341605173
>should've had at least some soft piano or wind instruments
Yeah I'm really hoping that at least the environment, things like the wind and the rain and stuff still have solid sound designs. And there's hopefully going to be certain area's like towns, dungeons or boss fights that still have that hallmark amazing Zelda music.
>>
File: 1431438546918.jpg (51 KB, 647x640) Image search: [Google]
1431438546918.jpg
51 KB, 647x640
>>341600474
>The zelda series has always stood out by providing quality over quantity and stable framerates with clean looking visuals that makes the game feel so good to play
>mfw they have now created a giant and empty, generic openworld game with visual glitches and popins every five second
Hopefully the game is great and I'm wrong, but all I see now is how the game will get old after 5h and the game will be devoid of that nice story content and meeting NPCs between dungeons that I so love in Zelda, instead it will just be hopping out on that giant map with bokoblin spawns. Fuck.
>>
>>341601961

there is a quick select.
>>
File: OoT_Link's_Animation_2310.gif (497 KB, 200x300) Image search: [Google]
OoT_Link's_Animation_2310.gif
497 KB, 200x300
>>341604867
LOL at the second one.
>>
>>341604806
It looks saturated it still looks shitty.
>>
>>341601563
>>As everyone pointed out, looks empty as fuck, atmosphere looks very samey

I believe Nintendo said that all of the towns were removed for the demo so that way there would be no spoilers.

The rest of your points are just assumptions.
>>
Not really, it's quite possible that you can get to the final boss but need a certain key item to actually damage him like silver arrows. Just because you can get to the final boss doesn't mean the game is auto-over. It's a cool way to make the game feel less about a series of cutscene triggers and more about your character capability.
>only four real dungeons
source
>shrines look repetitive
they all had different puzzles and items oriented to them, some of them probably will be if there's 100 yeah
Every zelda game had few NPC/Villages, what's your point?
ok
did you not play an RPG before? It's not that hard to get around basic inventory management. There's quick slots as well.

I'll post some REAL worries in my next post
>>
>>341605017
Nigga what?
> I like having options and sidequests and shit
You're getting huge dungeons and trails and and probably lots of sidequests too. If you want a goal just speak to NPCs and they'll tell you what to do. I don't understand the problem
>>
>>341605258
>Art style. 2017 and they decide to anime it up instead of taking advantage of current tech.
You still have your pictures of bearded Link, anon.

>Amiibo locked bonus content
Amiibo content has always been additional content that doesn't detract from the main game. It's also not new to Zelda. There's been game locked bonus content for the Oracle games. GBA locked content for Wind Waker. Friend locked content for Minish Cap. It's not okay when Nintendo does it, but it's not fucking new in the slightest and didn't ruin those games.

>Ridiculous ragdoll physics.
Agreed, but there's potential for some crazy greentext stories

>Small bag space/no confirm to upgrade. one can only hope.
Maybe a problem considering the stuff you'll want to have on you, but managing your inventory is a level of gameplay strategy. May not be bad, but is troubling to think about since we're departing from the franchise mainstay bag of infinite holding.
>>
>>341606005
>Every zelda game had few NPC/Villages, what's your point?

Two stands as an exception. For its time, it *was* fleshed out.
>>
>>341604579
>pull some SSX shit that lasts like 4 seconds
>why are they staring
>>
File: 1372612190658.png (370 KB, 390x382) Image search: [Google]
1372612190658.png
370 KB, 390x382
I've written a lot about my concerns but they can be summarized fairly simply, I think.

>The game visually looks 5 years dated. ugly washed out filter to hide the low res textures, copy-pasted assets everywhere.
>Pop-in everywhere and that's in a version of the game with all of the cities and NPCs supposedly removed. This will run like ass and struggle to reach 20 fps on the PiiU. Hopefully not a problem on the NX
>Monster AI seems dumb and with the insane shit available to use in combat (which looks fun af, but still) the game sem incredibly easy. Monsters also appear to have very low health compared to the damage you do. Also, infinite bombs allows for spamming. The game will NEED a hard mode.
>The "puzzles" in the shrines they showed off were as challenging as a toddler toy. Zelda games should have challenging puzzles and if this is any indication of the average difficulty of them in this game, it's just embarrassing.

Other than that, it looks fucking goddamn awesome. I like all the new rpg elements, honestly. Also fuck OP for calling it a hate thread, I've been trying to talk about this game for 2 days but ANY critique is met with "SONY SHILL REE" by delusional Nintoddlers.
>>
>>341606181

Oh fuck, I forgot about amiibo/DLC content.

Yeah, that's it for me, I'm out, game can die for all I care.
>>
>>341605629
>the ones in other zones grant you special weapons, shields, armour, items.
Source on that? The only thing I saw them getting were the spheres of courage or whatever they're called.
>>
>>341604867
>>341605492
>>341605765
Holy FUCK I never noticed the second one.

So many nice touches jesus christ.
>>
>>341606265
>in a version of the game with all of the cities and NPCs supposedly removed

no, it's in an area of the game with no towns
>>
>>341606430
Bill said that all town and NPCs had been removed for the E3 version of the game.
>>
>>341606327
So you lose:
>Wolf companion

Game ruined. Fucking dropped. Good sense anon now the game will burn.
>>
>>341601818
heart containers are dropped by bosses in dungeons and shrines probably
>>
>Hate thread
That's a whole lot different than "worried", my friend.
>>
File: thedream.gif (2 MB, 449x266) Image search: [Google]
thedream.gif
2 MB, 449x266
REAL worries
>Might suffer from Wind Waker syndrome where it's just a bunch of moblin encampments everywhere except few select places that actually matter.
>The VA worries me though it might just be for Zelda or whoever was speaking in the intro and never NPCs or whatever.
>game's story might be lackluster just like MGSV's plot, but then again Zelda was never too important on story. Just hope some interesting things aren't neglected
>you'll just get damaged if you try to do pic related
>fucking gay ass crafting systems, though skyward's wasn't bad if a bit basic.
>general open world problems where you spend half the time traveling and nintendo just expects you to fuck around along the way when really you're just getting your 50th grocery shopping quest over with

This is coming from someone who doesn't like open world games all that much unless the setting is interesting (RDR) so this game might be a hit or miss for me.
>>
>>341606265
>Monster AI seems dumb

Completely disagree. They know to light their wooden weapons on fire for more damage, react to stealth and ambushes in various ways, and--this is hearsay, admittedly--they apparently adapt to the player's tactics to an extent.
>>
>>341601563

They only showed one fucking area.

>with no obvious interesting ways to travel

>what is gliding
>what is shield surfing
>what is various physics probably
>>
>>341606327
>Amiibo/DLC

It's just having a fucking dog walk with you.
>>
>>341606731
I loved sailing in WW, though I don't think having the same distance in grass is good.
>>
>>341606731
>>you'll just get damaged if you try to do pic related
I really hope you're not right
>>
main concerns:

>there won't be real dungeons with real puzzles
>combat is too easy
>shitty story
>world is too big for its own good and the game world won't change meaningfully
>>
File: 1465154497107.gif (952 KB, 230x181) Image search: [Google]
1465154497107.gif
952 KB, 230x181
>>341606781

To add using the deku leaf thing on the raft was a badass way to travel. I'm hoping there's a big lake that's basically mini-wind waker
>>
File: 1465992705626.png (454 KB, 620x708) Image search: [Google]
1465992705626.png
454 KB, 620x708
>>341606541
Although not necessary it's a pretty sweet feature, and if there's no way to get it in game then it's a sour note on the game for those of us that see DLC/Amiibo shit for what it is, a way to wrangle more shekels from idiots who don't know any better. Not game breaking or the first game to do this but still a reason to dislike it nonetheless.
>>
>>341606928
>>there won't be real dungeons with real puzzles
You know, this is not even a concern, this is just fearmongering.
>>
>>341606889
I think the problem with WW sailing is that there's nothing interesting to find.
>>
>>341606541

I haven't supported that shit EVER since it started, I'm not going to make an exception for Nintendo.

I want products that have been designed so every element is meaningful and significant and adding or removing anything will lessen the experience.

DLC practices favors a development ethos of quantity over quality, but it's even worse, it favors development where each individual element exist for its own sake regardless of others. What we end up with is games that are unsound from a design standpoint because everything must have a similar value, and that value is low because synergies have to be kept in check.

"Open World" is just a symptom. The issue is the changes in development.
>>
>>341606265
>Also, infinite bombs allows for spamming.
There's a countdown for bombs.
>Monsters also appear to have very low health compared to the damage you do
the stone boss thing didn't have low health and OHKO'd Link
>The game will NEED a hard mode.
Hopefully we're getting Hero Mode but even if we aren't you can go naked and hold a deku stick or something.

Haven't watched any videos of the shrines, are they really that awful?
>>
>Link, bring me three fruits, 5 rabbit skins and 2 rare bokoblin claws in order to upgrade your underpants

The moment they confirm quests like that I will... buy it anyways, but not day 1 full price. Also second hand market. I can wait.

I don't care about Skyrulim mechanics. If the real dungeons amount to make a 7/10 Zelda entry, I will be happy.
>>
>>341607073
There's nothing super interesting but (at least for a while) I thought the islands and 'random' shit were cool.
>>
>>341606265
Bombs have a cool down
You have met only the weaker enemies
>>341606928
Real dungeons confirmed already
>>
>>341606731
Makes me kind of want to replay wind waker but then I remembered fhe first few hours of the game.
>>
The combat looks agonizingly slow and clunky. They've altered Zelda on a fundamental level to appeal to Minecraft and ES fags. They fucked it all up. Aonuma's gone senile.
>>
>>341607179

>he doesn't know how open world games work

You're not supposed to grind for these things, you find them passively while doing other shit. On the flipside, traveling to a quest location will help you find other points of interest.
>>
>>341604136
No, I'd rather it be Wii U exclusive so NX can get a Zelda down the road that actually makes advantage of its hardware
>>
>>341607035
The problem is it's a very modern and new reaction. Did you have a sour note when you couldn't get linked secrets like the Master Sword in the Oracle games? Or the Linked Game quest to carry over since you didn't have the other game? Did you feel sour about not having the Tingle Tuner in WW because you didn't have a GBA cable?

I'm not saying it's defensible or that it shouldn't ruin your experience, but the knee jerk reaction to Amiibo is a really new bias and I have a lot of trouble taking it seriously. Either buy the Amiibo or don't but it shouldn't ruin a whole game for you. But, that's my opinion. Also I'm not buying the wolf amiibo fuck you Ninty.
>>
>>341606731
>>fucking gay ass crafting systems, though skyward's wasn't bad if a bit basic.
>hating the crafting system but loving SS
What the fuck are you smoking? it was completely worthless in SS, they've finally done something with it.
>>
>>341600474

It looks weirdy MMO-ish to me. It kind of reminds me of modern Runescape. It even seems to have similar character models.
>>
>>341606265
>>Monster AI seems dumb and with the insane shit available to use in combat (which looks fun af, but still) the game sem incredibly easy. Monsters also appear to have very low health compared to the damage you do. Also, infinite bombs allows for spamming. The game will NEED a hard mode.
Monster had 13 HP, your average weapon was doing 3dmg with full swords doing 5dmg and the axe doing like 8dmg. It's fine, the AI needs to be much more aggresive though I agree.
Another thing, those are basic mobs, there were "leader" mobs in some places with about 73HP which makes them considerably stronger, as well as having full swords doing more damage.

And then guardians in the starting area have 500HP, you can guess that enemies in later areas will be much more difficult.

Still I agree, Hero mode needs to be an option right from the start
>>
>>341605629
The ground is that the majority of this board has played dozens of AAA open world games in the last decade.

It's easy to develop a sense for what developers can accomplish when they have little control over the player's movement through the game.
>>
>>341607321
I've already had plenty of that the past generation. And I never grinded, but there were a lot of situations like missing one of the ingredients because of shitty drop rate or just bad luck.
>>
>>341600474

My main concern is I hate the UI. Too much useless and ugly information on the screen.

I hate that stamina circle. It looked ugly in SS and it looks ugly here. Is there really not a more natural way they could convey running out of stamina?
>>
>>341607471
>loving SS
Where did I say this? All I'm saying is SS was basic so it didn't get in the way of shit, this game has more of an excuse to use the crafting to be more part of the game. I'm just not a fan of sitting around combining items all the time if that's what the game expects me to do. Fucking Odin Sphere (Original) is the worst example of this.
>>
It's depressing that they've shown like 6 hours of the game and none of it looked interesting.

6 hours of running around an ugly, empty field with nothing to do, but killing the same 3 enemies over and over again.

What is even the point of those shrines? They're tiny, ugly and all look the same. And there's hundreds of them. There's no real puzzles, you get a skill on a silver platter, you use it once and that's it. How is this better than finding items in real dungeons?

How is any of this fun?
>>
>>341600474
>Lying for the sake of attention and shitposting
>>
File: giphy.gif (999 KB, 500x207) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
999 KB, 500x207
>Co-developed by Monolith

Granted, I've only seen the trailer and the first few minutes of the game but I'm kinda worried by this decision. Don't want Xenoblade chronicles X 2.0 Zelda may cry edition.
I liked Xenoblade, but it's not what I want to see in a Zelda game.
>>
File: 1405043706754.jpg (58 KB, 470x483) Image search: [Google]
1405043706754.jpg
58 KB, 470x483
I'm gonna wait a few months before I start tearing this game a new one. Shit won't be out for months, and what I've seen/heard so far has assuaged my fears.

Ya'll people need Hylia.
>>
File: 1465949900403.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1465949900403.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>341607794
Because technology you cuck.

>same 3 enemies

Are you sure you watched the 6 hours?
>>
>>341607131
>are they really that awful?
They look like fun puzzles, but there's supposed to be a 100 of them and so far they all look the same. The rewards don't seem that great either.
>>
>>341600474
>>complete lack of game structure (can go straight to the final boss)
you could do that for the first zelda on NES

>>"Hyrule in decay" sounds like an excuse for few NPCs/villages
Since when did zelda games have a ton of NPC's?
>>graphics are obviously shit (I also hate the Skyward Sword style)nigga the art style was the best part of SS
>>inventory/loot shit could get really irritating
Maybe but i'm sure most players will get use to
>>
>>341602231
>shoot barrel
>it doesn't explores
it's shit
>>
>>341606265
>Monster AI seems dumb
The only monsters we've seen are the first ones in the entire game. This isn't Dark Souls, they're not exactly meant to be challenging, and even then they did do a lot more than just stand around.

That said this is a Zelda game so I wouldn't expect there to be a lot of fodder tier enemies with particularly good AI.

>The "puzzles" in the shrines they showed off were as challenging as a toddler toy.
Again, it's the start of the game, but that sounds like business as usual for a Zelda game.
>>
>>341600474

the physics look fucking awesome but i feel like they'll be boring to play with pretty quickly

I hope this game doesn't have a lack of focus.
>>
>>341607794
The puzzles in those rinky dink mini dungeons already look better than any of the "puzzles" in Skyward Sword.

Items are actually useful now with some interplay and shit to do outside their dungeons.
>>
File: 1338353742538.jpg (80 KB, 600x402) Image search: [Google]
1338353742538.jpg
80 KB, 600x402
>>341607393
Well, friend, I wouldn't say it's a new reaction. As soon as DLC/Amiibos became a thing I never supported it. The only things I have ever bought was some mount from Blizzard's shop for WoW because my wife wanted it, and Mewtwo and Cloud for Smash Bros because they were 5 bucks a piece and were just too cool to pass up, even though there was no reason Mewtwo shouldn't have been shipped on release. The point is if DLC was true bonus content, something they thought of after the game had come out it would be fine. But amiibo/DLC has become content that is held back from release and offered up later for shekels and people eat that shit up and I don't support it.
To answer your questions yes I did have a sour note. I refuse to play WW because of reasons. No it doesn't fully ruin the experience but to know there's something cool in the game you don't have access to just because triggers my autism a little.
>>
>>341607794
It was the starting area. They literally showed off what appeared to be 5% of the whole map. And there are 100+ shrines that take maybe 5 to 10 minutes to get through that will give you various things
>>
>>341608086
>you could do that for the first zelda on NES

No, you can't. You need all the triforce pieces before death mountain opens.
>>
>>341607689
>I'm just not a fan of sitting around combining items all the time if that's what the game expects me to do.
I think you're in bad luck because you're not getting those hearts off the grass anymore. I'm glad they've changed it so there's a point to collecting items now, but I can see it how it might become tedious in the long run.
>>
>>341608195
>Not shooting it with a fire arrow
>>
Hello. I recently purchased Uncharted 4© for my PlayStation 4© and already pre-ordered Detroit Become Human©.

Is this the Sonygger general thread?
>>
>>341608310
At least you're reasonable about it. The problem is we can't even revert to how it was before, eg expansions, because there would be the same reaction as people have to DLC. It's all fucked. I'm playing the game as-is and not shelling out for Amiibo because the content that is there is worth it to me. If I'm not buying the DLC I'm not supporting that. No need to boycott the whole game. You're entitled to your course of action though, so keep on keeping on, anon.
>>
The new GoW demo had more "wow! moments" in a few minutes than an entire hour of zelda gameplay, the series didn't evolved.
>now you can chop trees!
wow just like every early access game!
It was the top adventure game at the N64 era, now is something people are only really talking about because of the name it carries.
The game should have top animations, physics, graphics, combat and ways of interacting with the world, instead it looks nothing like that.

The zombie game Days Gone is made by a small studio and looks way more impressive https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGej8K1r8KI
>>
>>341608891
It was a pretty good troll post until you brought up days gone.
>>
>>341600474
>shit only speedrunners or autists like you would do to shit on the game
>(you)
>every shrine we've seen has been completely different, along with the fact that we're getting combat challenges and other types as well. the only similarities are the monks you find at the end
>if you think hyrule will stay in decay for the entire game you're a retard.
>nintendo would rather have a game that looks good for years to come instead of a game that looks graphically amazing for its time.
>ya got me, this seems hard to pull off well for the size and scale of the map they have
suck my dick, fags. the game looks awesome.
>>
Can you faggots stay in this thread instead of shitting up the actual discussion threads?

Thanks!
>>
Coming from someone who liked OoT and MM, I am hating BotW immensely. Another open world fetch quest/collectible/zero stakes to combat RPG?

I wanted a smaller, more focused tale that told a story worth playing with characters in a world that felt enduring. Not, hour long walks and endless weapon collecting. Fucking, what are you going to do with the Master Sword? Throw it down a cliff accidentally and... RIP Master Sword?
>>
>>341607985
Watched a little from the first video Nintendo uploaded. Doesn't look too bad, and getting abilities to use in the overworld by doing these so they're not all useless/padding.

I must admit I'm impressed.
>>
File: 1324675062496.jpg (22 KB, 465x446) Image search: [Google]
1324675062496.jpg
22 KB, 465x446
>>341609017
>every shrine we've seen has been completely different
>>
As someone who was never into Zelda, this looks like an attempt to cash in on the Ubisoft open-world formula, which I absolutely hate. Did anyone else get that vibe, considering it has a huge world but the moment-to-moment looks completely insubstantial?
>>
File: 1466089140101.jpg (232 KB, 1843x1406) Image search: [Google]
1466089140101.jpg
232 KB, 1843x1406
>>341602828
Got this from another thread
>>
>>341609416
It has too much polish to be a cash-in Ubisoft game.
>>
>>341600474
Concerns:
>As mentioned previously, the world looks a little empty. I know they said towns and NPCs were removed, but I doubt there were enough to fill up the empty space, especially given the game's scale
>I don't like weapon durability at all, especially sense many of the weapons shown off are as durable as toothpicks
>I quite like the artstyle the game has going for it. That said, the pop-in can be pretty horrendous at points. Xenoblade X had this problem as well, so it's unlikely to be significantly fixed. At least on the Wii U release
>I'm also concerned that the open ended structure will come with a lack of direction or adequately conveying where you need to go. I get that Aonuma's trying to make it about exploration and discovery. I just still think there should be some degree of guidance or suggesting where to go.

Hopes:
>There's some way to upgrade and repair weapons and their durability
>Either that or throughout the game, you find special weapons that don't break (i.e. the demo showed many bows called the Traveler's Bow, but somewhere, probably in a dungeon, you find the "Hero's Bow", which can't break)
>There's some way to "level up" your stats. I have no doubt that Heart Containers and pieces of heart will be in the final game, but I'm more specifically talking about some way to extend the stamina meter

I'm still quite looking forward to the game, these are just some concerns.
>>
>>341609439
>a lake as big as the starting area
sounds comfy as fuck
>>
File: 1465910965521.jpg (82 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
1465910965521.jpg
82 KB, 640x426
>>341609180
They will never make another OoT MM again.
At least we got the remakes.

>>341609439
How much of that is empty space? not so impressive then.
>>
File: 9.png (178 KB, 500x538) Image search: [Google]
9.png
178 KB, 500x538
>>341609180
>RIP Master Sword?
I would, Fi sucks.
>>
>>341609416
>moment-to-moment
What does this mean?

People keep saying things like this as though it means something.

There's plenty of moving around from place to place in every zelda game. It's not a fucking arcade game.
>>
>>341609618
>>Either that or throughout the game, you find special weapons that don't break
That would invalidate all the other weapons in it's type. I think a way to compromise would be special tier weapons with much more durability that when broken can be repaired instead of completely lost.
>>
I'm upset that Link, who has been male for almost 30 years, isn't suddenly a female in this title.
>>
>>341609678
>They will never make another OoT MM again.
Yeah they did. It was called Twilight Princess and it was bad.

You really want them to keep just hacking away at it, trying to recreate Ocarina? Because I got over that hope 9 fucking years ago.
>>
Is there a collaboration of all the good parts, because everything I've seen of it has looked terrible.

I think not showing a dungeon or town because of spoilers is a pretty dumb excuse. Who cares about story in Zelda after SS and whats there to spoil? Gorons or Zoras in it? Wouldnt that just get people more excited for it? Unless every village has some wierd shit like characters(obscure characters not races) from past games roaming around I don't really see the point.
>>
I do like the freshness and appeal to Zelda 1 with modern sensibilities,

But I saw AND HEARD very little that made me think "Oh, this is Zelda." Not to mention I'm not a fan of crafting and such. Honestly, this might have been good as a new IP, where you actually have to survive shit, somewhat realistically. Maybe this will be the springboard for said IP, which will have learned from this game's mistakes (known and yet-to-be-seen).
>>
>>341609940
He has dem boipussybones though.
>>
>>341609678
How the fuck should we know. Game won't be out for months. Be patient.
>>
>>341609802
That'd be great, like MonHun. You'd have to sharp your weapon.
>>
>>341600474
you realize the Great Plateau is just one area, right?
>>
>>341609004
>delusional zelda fan
The game brings nothing new
>>
>>341600474
My concerns:
>The Skyrim gimmicks
>The Minecraft gimmicks

My Hopes:
>None
>>
>>341609940
Im more upset that an avatar that you could name anything you wanted for almost 30 years is suddenly named Link in this title
>>
>>341600474
It's gonna be a fucking huge vast world with pretty much nothing to do. Like most recent open world games, hell not even a city or npcs where shown. It's mgs5 all over again.
They have to fix that.
>>
>>341610092
boy I sure do want to play another zombie game. what a fresh and original idea
>>
>>341609180
I loved OoT and MM to death and I'm hyped as fuck for BotW fuck you
>>
>>341609997
>But I saw AND HEARD very little that made me think "Oh, this is Zelda."
But you haven't played it yet. I got the same Zelda 1 vibe. It doesn't have to be like every Zelda game. I think it's good that it's a departure because that's how the franchise will be able to grow. After Skyward Sword I was sick of the paring down of the OoT gameplay design. I'd rather something that's wildly different than more of the same.

I don't want a safe Zelda game. I want a NEW Zelda game.
>>
>>341610265
His name was always link, you could just rename him however you wanted
>>
I understand why people are concerned about the Shrines being repetitive, but really all the ones we've seen so far have been "Here's a new item, and then a short puzzle area to give you an understand and idea of what you can do with this new item".

I imagine later shrines are going to be much longer and require you to use all the different items in concert with one another.
>>
>>341610265
>I'm upset that something incredibly incosequential changed
That's 90% of the complaints about this game.
>>
>>341608891

>2$ dollars have been deposited to your PSN account
>>
>>341610554

>I imagine later shrines are going to be much longer and require you to use all the different items in concert with one another
They literaly said this on stream.
>>
>>341600474
>graphics are terrible
has anyone compared the new build to early "totally not a pre-rendered bullshot" footage side by side?
>it's going to be really, really easy
because it's a Zelda game and the puzzles will consist of "push the stone block into the only hole"
>hopefully Epona wont handle like shit
remember Epona from Twilight Princess? Damn thing ran like a gokart and had those terrible wind effects.
>breakable weapons
has there ever been a game where this wasnt terrible? I remember Silent Hill Downpour adding that feature.
>>
>can go straight to final boss
How is this a criticism? Yeah, you can GO to him. Doesn't mean you'll succeed.

Same with Chrono Trigger. You could technically go straight to Lavos, but you'll get your shit pushed in.
>>
>>341609618
I can see a stamina upgrade being another rune upgrade.
>>
>>341601563
>>341600474

I just want to point out that you guys said everything looks empty but they specifically said that everything shown at treehouse is only a very small snippet of the game and that even then no one will see everything possible to see during treehouse.

Basically, there's still an entire world to see we're not seeing.
>>
>>341609180
>Another open world fetch quest/collectible/zero stakes to combat RPG?
Nice assumptions there
>>
>>341609439
That looks barren as fuck.

Also this isnt going to be released for another 9 months. Plenty of time for them to drop the WiiU and make is NX only.

>Oh sorry but the WiiU was a mistake and holding back the game
>>
>>341610691
Dark souls crystal weapons were cool
>>
Would the addition of voicing affect the performance of the game or at least use resources that could've been used for graphics instead?
>>
>>341601818
>People were expecting a Dark Souls/For Honor combat.
Anyone expecting this was a genuine, dribbling, diaper wearing mongoloid.
>>
>>341610265
>tfw you can no longer play as BBQ

Fuck everything
>>
>>341610851
>barren as fuck
That's because the map hasn't been filled in?
>>
>>341610901
>upgrade a weapon to max
>can only use it like for 3 hits

Yeah no
>>
>>341610685

So then what the shit are people worried about?

It honestly seems like a lot of gripes I'm seeing in this thread are a result of the fact that they've barely showed us a tiny sliver of the very first area, which might as well be called the Tutorial Plateau.
>>
>>341610924
So far the only confirmed voiced character is the mysterious girl. I don't see how that could be taxing when we had companions blurting out lines since OoT
>>
>>341610428
Two wrongs don't make a right.

>>341610462
And that's why I'm still cautiously approaching it, at all. Because it has The Legend of Zelda slapped on it, which strongly implies a pretty decent standard of quality. I've not played Dark Souls, or Skyrim, or any of these things it's similar to, for one reason or another. This, I will try, IF it doesn't screw up too badly.
>>
>>341610265
What?
His name is Link but you could name him assfaggots if you wanted.
>>
>>341610138
What isn't a gimmick to you?
>>
My only true complaint is that it won't be out this year.
>>
>>341611052
It's a simple pro/con

The weapon is quite strong but you have to be careful about using it
>>
The damn cartoony art style.
Very mad. Not surprised. But mad. I'll never understand people who defend the art style. I'm 30, grew up playing old Arcade games to now. Excited how we've gone from 2d games to 3d games. Excited how far 3d visuals have come. Cel-shading became a thing. WHYYYY?!!!! On top of that every new system Nintendo released always had a tech demo of Link fighting Ganon or something with amazing graphics to show off what their new system can do and to whet your appetite for what was to come. Nope let's go to the cartoony route. I think that might be what makes people a lot more sour to the artstyle than anything else. They seriously need to stop the damn tech demos. If the NX has a Zelda tech demo and it looks amazing it's just another slap in the face because you know the next game will still have the cartoon style. I know there are a lot of people that defend it and that is fine for them but the whole point of upgrading technology is to fucking use it. There's a big fan base that wants it and yeah yeah gameplay>graphics but c'mon.
>>
>>341611975

The art is fucking brilliant and you're a moron. If there is anything you can't bitch about with this game it's definitely the art direction.
>>
>>341609361
>>341600474
Every shrine I saw has been different. In terms of the puzzle inside. I appears they have build reusable scenery, but the layouts and configurations have all been unique.

Also, I don't know where the claim of 4 dungeons came from. How do we know that is true?

The final boss likely has some contrived mechanism to make fighting him more difficult, if you haven't completed the key quest objectives. They did this in Dark Souls 2. There's a boss at the end whose defense is insanely high. To the point where you're only doing 1 damage per hit. And his HP is so high, the likeliness of you surviving is practically zero. In order to get his defense down to a reasonable level, you need to complete these story objectives, and collect special kinds of souls. Each one of these special souls you collect brings his defense down in proportion.
So basically, if you wanted to fight him before collecting the last soul, you could. It's just twice as hard.
>>
>>341608891
New God of War was literally one of the worst things at Sony's conference, Horizon looks miles better.
>>
>>341611975
Look at how ugly TP is now, then look at WW.
Even the HD remake of TP couldn't make it look any better, and with WW all they did was add bloom because the game looked fine already. Cell-shading ages better than photo realistic.

That doesn't change the fact the game doesn't look good at the moment, though. Trees look awful, textures look awful, too much pop in.
>>
>>341608891
>Days Gone
>entire game is shooting
>gun sounds like shit
>made by Bubsy 3D lot
Wew
>>
>>341607073
I think the problem with WW sailing is that there's nothing interesting about it as a mechanic.

Look at OoT/MM Epona, you had the carrot system to give you something to do, and could shoot arrows while moving.

Now compare that to the fucking boat; point in a direction and AFK for 5 minutes or stop every 30 seconds to pick up some worthless "treasures" or bomb some randomly spawned boats getting in your way.

That's probably my biggest concern for BotW, that there will be randomly spawning shrines you have to kill to continue on your way.
>>
>>341600474
It needs to be on PS4. I'm not buying a Pii Poo for one game.
>>
File: zeldacube2_640w.jpg (45 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
zeldacube2_640w.jpg
45 KB, 640x480
>>341612070
Go kys. How you view the art is subjective and I've never enjoyed it.
>>
>>341609361
Back to 9gag!
>>
My only complaints are voice acting and that he's not left handed. No reason for either of them.
>>
File: This is a terrible idea.png (125 KB, 393x275) Image search: [Google]
This is a terrible idea.png
125 KB, 393x275
>>341609439
Cheers mate, I knew I'd seen something like this somewhere and not saved it :3

Also Shhiiiiiieeett skull lake in the top right corner, furthest from the tutorial plateau. I guess we know where Ganon is hiding, and where our first major destination should be (pic mildly related) :3
>>
File: 1463195448811.png (307 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1463195448811.png
307 KB, 450x450
>>341600934
>quality over quantity

Op specifically said no nintendo defence force shit. That quality>quantity meme is something you fucks have been saying since the ps1/n64 days because ps1 had more games, but the quality still btfo n64 anyway.

Kys my man.
>>
>>341605153
not to mention that the movesets on this game consist of 3-4 attacks, and fucking n64 games had at least 8 I can count
>>
>>341612819
Back to Dumblr.
>>
>>341610697
>Same with Chrono Trigger. You could technically go straight to Lavos, but you'll get your shit pushed in.
I could be wrong, but I don't think this is quite the same. You can only do this in your first play through the game at the End of Time using the bucket to go to 1999 AD, which is after you've got Robo on your team. You can use the time machine to fight Lavos starting in New Game+, and with enough Mega Elixers and good ending armor you should be able to pull this off with enough patience.
>>
>>341612652
Get cancer and die. Your opinion doesn't matter and you are killing video games by existing and spouting your nonsense bullshit opinions. Please, just die.
>>
>>341600474
My primary concern is the presentation, specifically the animations. Anyone else think they're so fucking archaic to the point where it's even hurting the combat? It's all just either so fucking floaty, or it's stiff and awkward as fuck.
>>
ITT: /v/ is a contrarian POS like it always has been. No surprise there!
>>
I think they went too far from the Zelda formula. I like the idea of a large world, and the inventory/crafting/food stuff is a nice addition. But I still want the game to feel somewhat like a structured adventure. I hope there's an actual plot rather than just "eh whatever, find some shrines and shit".
>>
>>341611975
Agreed. You would think that Nintendo would've drooped the cartoony art styles after WW and SS when it's clear that these types of games just don't fucking sell, period.. It's not what the public and the majority of fans are asking for.
>>
>>341614690
>this is the safe space for people who want to express their genuine concerns about BoTW,
>meanwhile there are 5+ positive threads up dick-sucking the game
>get trolled by blind autists and delusional fanboys either way

Nah, it's your own fault for visiting the concerns thread, pal.
>>
>>341610697
The difference between Chrono Trigger and Zelda boss fight is that in the latter you can just play well and fucking dodge the attacks and never take damage. The only problem is that you'll probably have weapons that only deal relatively minor damage so it'll take longer.
>>
>>341612553
Just shows how shit Nintendo is, the way he interacted with the scenario was better than anything the new Zelda did.
>>
File: mifune.jpg (19 KB, 300x283) Image search: [Google]
mifune.jpg
19 KB, 300x283
>>341615285
Thanks for the heads up, buddy. Id be lost without you! lol XD
>>
File: 92f.jpg (156 KB, 964x640) Image search: [Google]
92f.jpg
156 KB, 964x640
>>341614475
You're in the wrong thread.
>>
>>341613514
PS1 is the very definition of quantity over quality.
>>
>>341615059
Well Aonuma admitted that towns, dungeons and real bosses were removed from the demo for spoiler reasons, so there's that. I think it'll definitely start to feel more like a Zelda game once we start seeing footage of any of those topics.
>>
>like a fucking year until I can play the game

Fuck me, time machines when?
>>
>>341600474
I'm not concerned about 4 dungeons because a lot of that dungeon-like content is gonna be in shrines.
>>341600781
Completely true, but I think it sounds realistic. They don't have unlimited development resources, and if they have 100+ shrines and a big overworld, they'll have to make cuts elsewhere. We should temper our expectations dungeon-wise.

What I'm worried about regarding dungeons is that, if they let you do them in any order like LBW, they'll all be the same difficulty, and whatever you do last will be really easy.
>>
It looks like it will be a fun game but!
Game looks empty as fuck and the landmarks dont fit the scenery at all.

and the game looks like shit. From a graphic and a design standpoint.
Gamplay looks fine though,but not as revolutionairy as people make it out to be.
>>
>>341600474
Freedom to explore doesn't mean everywhere, I guarantee you won't be able to go straight to the end.

You got that 4 dungeons number out of your ass.

Shrines look fine to me but whatever.

We don't know about villages since they took them out of e3 demo but I guess it could suck...

Graphics look great, are you underage?

I'm actually worried about the last part. I'm fine with item inventory management, but it could get tedious to keep looking for more shit again and again.
>>
>>341618220
>I guarantee you won't be able to go straight to the end.
https://mynintendonews.com/2016/06/15/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-can-be-beaten-without-finishing-the-story/

I still believe there'll be some sort of trial or enemy you just won't be able to beat unless you have certain items, abilities or whatever.
Otherwise Any% speedruns would be stupid
>>
>>341618220
>Freedom to explore doesn't mean everywhere, I guarantee you won't be able to go straight to the end.
When asked, Aonuma confirmed that a player could go directly to the final boss of the game from its opening moments if they wanted. However, he also stressed that he didn't view this as an ideal way to play.

"Anybody who can go straight to the goal without doing anything else — there's two possibilities," Aonuma said. "Either they're a really good gamer, or they could be somebody that's a little bit crazy. But it's not impossible. I created the game like that.
>>
>>341613514
>quality>quantity meme
/v/
>>
>>341604579
I would literally drop my weapon and clap if some motherfucker nailed a sick trick like that during a combat, no joking.
>>
>>341619085

What he means is that Nintendo provides neither quality OR quantity

which they don't, Nintendo is the very definition of shovelware, and all their main IP's have become lackluster

sorry it isn't the 90's anymore.
>>
I'm just worried about the lack of music. The music is arguably one of the most important aspects of the series as a whole (obviously excluding gameplay, of course gameplay is the most important thing in a video game), and it sounds like they're seriously gonna be cutting back on it for botw. That the lack of music isn't just some alpha build issue, but that they're intentionally only putting in small snippets with the mostly ambient noise. Hearing something like that is just so disappointing and I hope in the 9+ months until it's released, they change their minds and compose more beautiful music.
>>
>>341607321
>you find them passively while doing other shit.
Except there will come a moment where you're done doing other shit and stuck farming these things.
>>
>>341604579

>did you saw
>specially

fucking kill yourself you shit sniffing spic faggot
>>
File: 1465961905265.jpg (3 MB, 1846x2639) Image search: [Google]
1465961905265.jpg
3 MB, 1846x2639
>>341617284
>Gamplay looks fine though,but not as revolutionairy as people make it out to be.

Name one fucking game that lets you do half the shit we saw. And no, not even janky eurotrash survival games don't have that many features and physics.
>>
File: ElfSmellingHisHand.jpg (16 KB, 256x352) Image search: [Google]
ElfSmellingHisHand.jpg
16 KB, 256x352
>Millennial OoTfags are this ass blasted that Zelda is finally going back to it's roots
Delicious.
>>
>>341621353
>not the version with the "over 20lbs of boipussy and ass" logo
Kill yourself.
>>
>>341615285
>safe space
>wanting a safe space for anything
>on 4chan
back to tumblr with you.
>>
>>341615285

>genuine concerns based on fucking cut down footage of the game's tutorial baby area

Please shut the fuck up.
>>
It's empty as fuck and the graphics look like placeholders. Reminds me of Minecraft in the way the Alpha version was supposed to be a proof-of-concept kind of deal with an actual game in the making, but the technical-feeling early version became the final "game".
>>
File: 1466092621829.jpg (314 KB, 800x1144) Image search: [Google]
1466092621829.jpg
314 KB, 800x1144
>>341621353
>>341621750
I got you covered family members
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.