[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just bought this, what am I in for? Never played the old version.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: A1HHIwo+HYL._SL1500_.jpg (464 KB, 1049x1500) Image search: [Google]
A1HHIwo+HYL._SL1500_.jpg
464 KB, 1049x1500
Just bought this, what am I in for? Never played the old version.
>>
One the best Zelda's but the games visuals haven't aged well.
>>
Link killing Zant and Midina cock teasing Link in human form
>>
on the same level as OoT

but prepare for tons of shitposters, you're on /v/
>>
>>341598095

>on the same level as OoT
>but prepare for tons of shitposters
Shitposters shouldn't call other people shitposters.
>>
>>341597972
Great 2nd half, dull 1st half. One of the best partner characters in the series. Many people compare it to OoT just that they made it bigger.
>>
>>341597972
A good time, the beginning might be a chore (literally) but stick with it anon. Best Zelda imo
>>
>>341598325
This desu, the intro is pretty boring. Almost as bad as skyward swords intro, takes awhile before u get into the action
>>
You're in for a very story driven game. It has a few good temples and the best companion character in the series. But its almost devoid of exploration, has long periods of just watching cutscenes/dialogue and even basic Zelda elements like item collection are put behind walls of cinematics and set destinations. For fuck sake, it takes you a couple hours just to get out of the starting village because of all the story events.

If you like story driven games, you'll love it. But even then, I'd say Skyward Sword or Wind Waker did it better.
>>
Expect excellent dungeons, fun combat skills, and alright everything else. First third is an ADHD filter. Once you finish Lakebed Temple the game's pacing improves, and it opens up once you get the Master Sword.
>>
>>341597972
Worst soundtrack of any Zelda yet. The vacant tones perfectly match the barren and empty overworld. Also worst Kakariko by miles.
>>
>>341597972
worse than OOT but its still fun
>>
>>341598301
>>>/b/
>>
>>341598727

>The vacant tones perfectly match the barren and empty overworld.

Agreed aside from the negative connotation. I do think TP's visuals and music match but it's more of a understated, if not slightly melancholic feeling. I don't think TP is a very triumphant game in outlook, so it's music reflects that in most instances.
>>
>>341598826

Stop shitposting.
>>
told you, OP >>341598301 >>341599178

just leave this cancerous place, play the game and have fun
>>
>>341599339
>Muh hugbox ;^[
Fuck off. It's second worst Zelda. Learn your fucking place, faggot.
>>
>>341599178

He's not wrong though. Superficial elements like sequence breaking notwithstanding, TP really isn't worse than OoT for better and worse. It is like playing a slightly smoother version of a game from 1998, but from 2006. Even if said game is considered to be one of the all-time greats, it still kinda wears its age in the design.
>>
File: lul.jpg (5 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
lul.jpg
5 KB, 275x183
>>341597972
>owning a wiiu
>>
>>341597972
lots of load screen. really, it's so annoying
>>
>>341599339

>see, I told you people didn't like Twilight Princess!
>cites two post that tell you to fuck off and not the posts against TP

All you're doing is proving >>341598301 correct.
>>
>>341599492

Not him but it's my favorite. TP's a divisive one, you know. I have no idea how people say WW is better, though that too is in the same camp as TP so whatever.
>>
>>341599591

>Superficial elements like sequence breaking notwithstanding
There are dozens of differences besides just sequence breaking. Twilight really has nothing in common with Ocarina aside from being a 3D Zelda and link howling out Ocarina of Time tunes. Even the combat and design are different.
>>
Nearly a carbon copy of OoT with more "m-muh emotions" and a lot of padding.
>>
Why are you asking us if you bought the game already?
Just play it and form your own opinions, faggot.
>>
>>341599813

Yes, but not so different as to be incomparable to one another. Combat is OoT's but smoother and with optional techniques, design has a greater emphasis on setpieces and story but is otherwise just as reliant on the "ALttP in 3D" formula as OoT was. They aren't EXACTLY the same but they are fundamentally very close in general.
>>
>>341599760

>TP's a divisive one, you know.
This. As a long time Zelda fan, I just couldn't stand it. Every time something new happened, there was some way that it annoyed me. Being a wolf? Sounds cool. Instead, its annoying since you're weaker and have to do a dumb chain attack to kill stuff. Meeting Zelda early? Now that's a good idea! Oh wait...she has no purpose and just disappears. Its literally just an empty story event that doesn't get resolved until the very end of the game. The most NPCs of any Zelda game? Awesome! Oh wait...all of them just give you an annoying fetch quest. Making you want to start avoiding them.
>>
>>341600141

If Twilight Princess was as close to Ocarina as you're saying, I would have liked it. But even fundamental things it tried to copy from Ocarina were done poorly.
>>
>>341600419
Op here, If the side quests end up not being fun, are they still worth doing? Worthwhile items from them?
>>
>>341597972
>he bought a game he literally could have gotten for free
LLLLLOOOOOOLLLLL
>>
>>341600650

I didn't feel like doing the side quests were rewarding. Especially not collecting bugs or skultullas. And collecting heart pieces was just annoying based on where they are. The fishing game and Ruppee armor were the only really interesting side things to me. But ultimately not worth the effort put into them.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.