[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Push a boulder down a pre-determined path that just happens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
>Push a boulder down a pre-determined path that just happens to intersect with two enemies walking around in a circle perfectly in its path

This is not revolutionary physics.

>Set fire to things and the wind spreads the fire

Far Cry did this years ago.

>Grass

Turns into a massive green blob texture reminiscent of 360 Oblivion from distance

>Draw distance

Absolute shit. Trees just entirely disappear when you climb a building

>Story and World-building

It's fucking Zelda, of course these aspects are going to be shit.

Nintendo are finished.
>>
>>341585475
n-no it'll be great
>>
File: 1449347748930.jpg (119 KB, 808x820) Image search: [Google]
1449347748930.jpg
119 KB, 808x820
DELETE THIS SONYGGER!
>>
I hate Nintendo as much as everyone, but I take the new Zelda over all the moviegames Sony shown during E3.
>>
>>341585475
>>Push a boulder down a pre-determined path that just happens to intersect with two enemies walking around in a circle perfectly in its path

I'm taking this path. The path is not predetermined, the boulder can and will miss the enemies if you don't do it right. Same for the fellable trees to be used as bridges, if you hit them from the wrong angle they will miss the pit.

Granted, I think the moments when you can utilize either are probably not going to be many and will without question be placed there intentionally.
>>
delete this riht the fuck now !!!!!!!!
>>
I'm still going to have fun with it and you can't stop me.
>>
>>341585475
Yes, but why more games don't do it? Why isn't it an indiustry standard? How many games showed at E3 this year have all those features you listed?

Why companies invest more money on stories and graphics than on these already existing features?
>>
>>341586604
They already showed that you can just cut down random ass trees at any point and make boulders and stuff with a specific item whenever you want.

Sure doesn't mean that certain trees or boulders wont already be placed there for a clear reason, but you can cut them all down if you wish (they likely just grow back after a day or so) or just make boulders and push them down hills.
>>
Tell me your favorite game so I can shit on it.
>>
>>341586565
>moviegames

Explain this meme. Is the new Deus Ex a moviegame? Witcher 3? Uncharted 4, which has some of the best gunplay in any TPS released?

>>341586754
>stories

Coming from the people autistic enough to argue about a "Zelda timeline" and unironically believe Zelda has "good lore" this is pretty funny.

>"It's ok when Nintendo repeats the same story over and over again for 20 years and pretends to be capable of world-building!"
>>
>>341586943
Zelda: Breath of the Wild
checkmate motherfucker
>>
>>341586963
It's running on inferior hardware and the world is barren.

Next.
>>
>>341586943
Baldur's Gate 2, the original Deus Ex, Rome: Total War, Civ 3, FF7 and Thief 2. Oh, and LBA2.

>>341586954
DELETE THIS YOU PIECE OF SHIT SONYGGER!

DELETE IT NOW!
>>
File: tumblr_nb2bhfXraQ1srjwkeo1_500.jpg (131 KB, 500x708) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nb2bhfXraQ1srjwkeo1_500.jpg
131 KB, 500x708
>>341585475
As an IDORT, I have to wonder why people are getting so salty at the Zelda game, is it because it was the most interesting thing on show? I mean xbox and sony had nothing of worth this year, are you guys salty about that? kek PC had way more than those 2 fanbases
>>
>>341587046
>Nintendo fanboy pretending to be a PC gamer

How many times have we seen this ever since the Wii was released?
>>
>>341586816

Yes, of course and agreed, which is neat. I especially meant the times when you can utilize a rolling boulder or a tree as a bridge are probably not going to be often.

Though some mechanics, like using the stasis rune to launch boulders, will probably find some awesome and unexpected uses.
>>
>>341585475
It honestly looks fun but I refuse to support them anymore since they downgraded it into oblivion. Don't show me a product and then change it drastically. E3 is a bait and switch and I can't believe it's not illegal
>>
>>341586943
Baldurs Gate 2
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.