[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Don't mind me. Just being the best faction leader. >Actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: King_Ragnar_Native.png (268 KB, 331x376) Image search: [Google]
King_Ragnar_Native.png
268 KB, 331x376
Don't mind me. Just being the best faction leader.
>Actually a King, no "count" or "sultan" shit
>Manly as fuck beard
>Does not feast every 5 fucking seconds like those fat Rhodok fucks
>Nordic as fuck

Other Lords swerve, Ragnar up in this bitch.
>>
File: 1438099428462.jpg (25 KB, 368x368) Image search: [Google]
1438099428462.jpg
25 KB, 368x368
LONG MAY HE REIGN
>>
File: laughing indian1.jpg (11 KB, 169x154) Image search: [Google]
laughing indian1.jpg
11 KB, 169x154
>mfw filthy Rhodok sub humans try and raid my village
>mfw they literally run away at the sight of BNC (Big Nord Cock) coming at them from the North

loving every feast, family
>>
>actually serving a lord
>not shitstomping every single faction
>>
>>341585254
>>actually serving a lord

I only ever become a vassal if its for my top bro Ragnar, and even then, only if I start in Nordic territory.
>>
>>341584835
Just started a new playthrough, joined the nords and, jesus fucking christ, we are constantly at war with at least 2 or 3 factions and are actually fucking them in the ass. I'm not even on day 200 and about half the map is nords.
It will be that much more delicious when I break off from them and erect my kingdom.
>>
>>341585330
>we are constantly at war with at least 2 or 3 factions

Great, ain't it?

>Plenty of villages to pillage, earning 4 or 5k gold a time
>Plenty of enemies to fight and get stronger at fighting with
>Knowing your leader is not scared to fuck shit up

WAR TIME IS BEST TIME
>>
>>341585330
Swadian Knights are what you want when it's time to break off.

You want Rhodok Sharpshooters for sieges. Despite what a lot of people say, those motherfuckers are terrifying in sieges. When the walls are weakened, use Nord Huscarls to storm the place.

If you can beat Harlaus in single combat, there's not an enemy that can match you.
>>
>>341585450
Oh yes, the last two games we were barely at war and it was boring as fuck, that's why it was a surprise for me this time around, I thought it was some kind of a bug with the AI
>>
>>341584835
>snownigger
ruined
>>
>>341585561
>Rhodok Sharpshooters for sieges

Vaeg Marksmen are a bit better, I think. Although failing that its Rhodok Sharpshooter, for sure.
>>
>>341585668
>nigger

I WILL DRINK FROM YOUR SKULL
>>
>>341585671
Rhodoks have more armor,don't they?
>>
>>341585561
My army consists of rhodoks for archery/sieges, nords for melee, and swadians for stomping the enemy into roads to my victory.
The only boring battles are against vaegirs.
>>
>>341585782
They're about the same
They might've better helmets though
>>
>>341585782
Yes, and they're better at melee if push comes to shove, and since the recruitable units don't have high power draw, crossbows deal quite a bit higher damage (particularly against armour)
>>
>>341585782
Not sure, but Vaeg are more accurate, and given that siege defenders don't really shoot back a lot, less armor for more hits is a good trade I think.
>>
>>341585561
>If you can beat Harlaus in single combat, there's not an enemy that can match you.
wat
>>
>>341585561
>If you can beat Harlaus in single combat

IF HE TAKES A FUCKING BREAK FROM FEASTING, I WOULD.
>>
>>341586014
Despite all the memes, Butterlord's equipment makes him bar none, the strongest NPC in the game. Swadia only gets fucked 9/10 times because they got a really shitty position. He's the only character who can reliably fuck Swadian Knights up in an open field.
>>
File: 4b1.png (89 KB, 1162x850) Image search: [Google]
4b1.png
89 KB, 1162x850
>>341586314
Strength means nothing IF ITS ALWAYS AT THE FUCKING DINNER TABLE STUFFING HIS FAT CUNT FACE 24/7
>>
>>341586418
Swadia doesn't lose because it feasts
It feasts because it loses
>>
>>341586245
>>341586418
If you want the feasting to stop, save him for last. The feast spam is the AI trying to deal with plummeting morale due to fighting and losing multifront wars. It's to keep the vassals happy and prevent defection. Did you never notice how a couple months in, all the Swadian generals aren't Swadian?
>>
>See a fucking huge crowd of Swadia coming at me
>They all instantly turn around and head back
>Curious, I follow them at distance
>They went back to their capital
>FUCKING FEASTING

EVEN WHEN THEY'RE WINNING, EVEN WHEN THEY COULD TAKE ADVANTAGE, THEY DROP EVERYTHING TO FEAST
>>
File: 1404435887663.jpg (84 KB, 383x608) Image search: [Google]
1404435887663.jpg
84 KB, 383x608
>>341586517
It's a vicious cycle
>>
I want to play this again but I never really know how to expand

Usually I'll just focus on increasing leadership and getting factories in cities, but I never really know how to forge an empire, What happens is I'll swear allegiance and fuck around untill I'm warmarhal, then I'll attack the most defensible castle I can find or maybe city and hope the lord grants it to me, then I'll repeat and declare independence when I get the second one.

From that point I have no idea what to to, I don't think I've ever gotten a lord to swear allegiance to me before I've gotten frustrated at not being able to do anything from that point
>>
>>341587143
Leadership is a mediocre stat (in vanilla and most mods): the bulk of the force limit comes from renown and morale stays up from winning battles and having a variety of foods available.
>>
>>341587221
>and having a variety of foods available.

So how come Swadia has hardly any men running around when they have fucking FEASTMASTER3000 leading them?
>>
>>341587143
You gotta farm honor and relationship before that
Ideally you do this by taking quests while you're farming gold to set up an industry
You shouold also train all your companions into training and levels so you can get an elite army in 4-5 days from scratch
>>
>>341587221
Are you kidding, I have 111 hours in this game and I thought leadership was the only factor in force limit

Fuck me I'm dumb
>>
>>341585575
Mount and Blade AI is great/the system allows for greatness.

One of my favourite stories was playing the Lord of the Rings mod (The Last Days of the Third Age).
One of the changes is that you can't besiege, only existing lords can. So also the major flaw in the mod is waiting for these shits to actually do anything because you can't alone.

>playing good, Rohan
>everything is going to shit
>Rhun is besieging Dale or Laketown every 10 minutes
>Gundabad is besieging Erebor every 10 minutes
>Beornings are basically genocided by Dol Guldur
>Lothlorien and Rivendell are useless shits, getting pinned by Moria and Dol Guldur
>Rohan has lost half it's villages to Isengard
>Don't even want to think about Gondor
>Mirkwood elves led by Thranduil have not fought once in like 100 days
>realise Rohan will fall unless I can turn the tide in the North
>travel North with around 70 riders trying to fend off packs of 300+ orcs
>can't do shit
>manage to bait one of these armies into attacking a Mirkwood caravan right next to their capital settlement
>orcs enter battle with caravan
>Thranduil finally pops out to defend his shit and I join in
>decimate the Gundabad army
>Thranduil then gathers his army of exactly 2 other lords equalling around 500 psycho wood elves in total
>Heads straight to Rhun camp, avoiding the Rhun army
>Besieges, fends off a counteract, then sacks it in 3 days. Faction destroyed
>Heads to Gundabad itself, ignoring the other Gundabad settlements
>Besieges, fends off a counteract, sacks it in 3 days. Faction destroyed
>Goes to Moria
>Faction destroyed
>Goes to Dul Guldur
>Faction destroyed
In about 20 days he and the remaining 200 wood elf soldiers completely defeat evil in the North.
He later went and wiped out an Isengard encampment, only to then return home and sit there forever and never move again, but by that time Dwarves, Dale, Beornings, Lothlorien and Imladris were pounding Sarumans bunghole with ancient weapons.
>>
File: Swadians won't defend this.jpg (301 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Swadians won't defend this.jpg
301 KB, 1920x1080
>>341587275
Because King Harlaus feeds the troops butter while they in fact would prefer having butter+fish+pork+cabbage+bread+whatever available.
>>
Does anyone here actually support the Vaegirs
>>
>>341587413
You can see the factors changing force limit from one of the camp menus I think
>>
>>341587494
Their helmets are /fa/ as fuck
>>
>>341587275
>>341587470
No, NO that's not true, stop misleading anon.

Swadia feasts all the time because Swadia is in the middle of the map.
Because of this they get attacked by every faction and the Lords are having their fiefs frequently fucked.
Harlaus tries to prevent them from abandoning him out of dissatisfaction by holding fancy feasts to appease them.

The game doesn't even take into account food for NPC Lords and their armies.
>>
>>341587494
They got cool armor
>>
>>341584835
Does he give you casle which you counqer?
Yargolek is big king, but he is an arse.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.