[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT We post theories about Death Stranding and discuss said theories.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 12
File: 34723782347823478789234.jpg (5 KB, 188x268) Image search: [Google]
34723782347823478789234.jpg
5 KB, 188x268
ITT We post theories about Death Stranding and discuss said theories.
>>
It's a metal gear game
>>
>>341577452
Personally what I think it could be is that this trailer is part of the game in which the mc goes into a simulation. The five floating people are in fact people who are spectating his descisions or baka?
>>
>theories
>about a Kojima jerkoff "reveal trailer"

Might as well take a shit and look at it from a gameplay perspective. About the same usefulness in the end result.
>>
>>341577452
It'll be good. That's all I have.
>>
It'll be the next big meme game, good or not
>>
>>341577452
Or maybe the mc is a criminal because he murdered his baby and after he did his crime he was sent to a prison in which they test if you deserve the punishment?
>>
>>341577813
Could be true because after holding that baby the baby suddenly dissapears and he literally has blood on his hands.
>>
>>341577813
And they test this through your interaction with other things in the simulation.
>>
>game plays on an island
>dead children on a beach
>5 psycho mantis floating in the air
Episode 3 of MGV CONFIRMED!!!!
>>
>>341577813
also explains the cuffs he had
>>
>>341577452
Criticism will respond with 2deep4u???
>>
>>341577813
And the name of the prison is ''death stranding''
>>
File: 1457401358844.gif (2 MB, 196x187) Image search: [Google]
1457401358844.gif
2 MB, 196x187
If you will notice, there is an adult pair of handprints moving around the beach before the camera moves to focus on Reedus, and you see the handprints actually circle around him and the baby. So there is an unseen "ghost" here, but then the baby disappears, and begins to make the same kind of hand prints
>>
We won't see shit till late 2017 so I don't care
>>
The disappearing baby is a stand that didn't actually disappear but turn invisible.
>>
Letters with lines are EAT STANDING
>>
>>341578572
Probably because that is an other prisoner in that simulation, and the simulation is a test to see if he deserves to be punished, which is done by seeing interaction with other inmates.
>>
>>341578721
Kojima also said something like thids would happen.
>>
The trailer is an abstraction of the game's themes and is not literal. The game will not be about oily ghost hands or cybernetic umbilical cords. There might be glow in the dark handcuffs though.
>>
What will the gameplay be like?
>>
>>341578718
>EAT STANDING

easier said than done
>>
norman cleetus
>>
>>341578718
The lines on IN make the I look like L and become LN. It's a Light Novel.
>>
>>341578873
Probably the mc being put through all kinds of tests while the floaty guys are observing him.
>>
>>341578873
He said it'll be a modern action game and said fans of Uncharted 4 and The Division will find it appealing; so it'll be interesting to see if he tries to meld David Lynch-esque surrealism into an accessible third person shooter.
>>
>>341577751

>The Life as we know it is a meme meme

Ebin.
>>
So uh
Is it coming for PC or not?

I'm hyped but don't want to be literally cucked
>>
Does anyone have a source for the claim that the Skeleton Suit will not appear in Death Stranding? The claim has been made in multiple threads, but never with a source attached.
>>
File: Save Me, Lord.jpg (671 KB, 1920x2134) Image search: [Google]
Save Me, Lord.jpg
671 KB, 1920x2134
>>341579070
For anyone who is actually unaware of what's gone down regarding this, here's what's actually known without any retarded spin or fanboyism from NeoFAG and rpcmasterrace refugees on it.

Kojima was unveiled by Andrew House as reforming Kojima Productions and making a new game, which would be console exclusive (So presumably Sony were chipping in enough money to development costs to keep it off the Xbone). Nothing regarding publishers, personnel or anything is discussed. The next day, a community manager from Sony Europe put up a Q&A, one of the answers in which was saying that the game had a timed exclusivity period and that they were planning a PC port at some stage afterwards. However, the entire Q&A was taken down only a few hours later and when that faggot Patrick Klepek on Twitter asked said-community manager what the deal with this was, he said that he'd been asked to take it down by his higher-ups. Oddly, this tweet was also removed shortly after.

Nothing more regarding any of this is heard until E3 this year, where it turns out that SIE are publishing it and Sony own the trademark for the IP (As well as Mark Cerny, a high-level Sony employee, being involved with the development), so the possibility of Sony having since decided to fully fund the game in return for legitimate exclusivity may exist, but at this stage as others have said, it's far too early to tell what the story is.
>>
>>341577879
that's oil
>>
>>341579076
>The mascot “Ludens” isn’t involved with the game
http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/06/13/hideo-kojima-gives-more-info-on-his-new-ps4-game-death-stranding/
>>
>>341579076

It's been confirmed to be part of the game ever since Kojima Productions revealed their logo several months ago. Kojima said it would be featured in an upcoming game
>>
>>341579151
I'm guessing it's an Alan Wake type deal where it'll be exclusive for a long ass time and then Kojipro will rerelease it on PC.

Honestly I have no problem buying a Kojima game twice, I ended up owning 4 versions of Snake Eater.
>>
File: tmp_26486-ryh89Vxh545658284.jpg (41 KB, 718x404) Image search: [Google]
tmp_26486-ryh89Vxh545658284.jpg
41 KB, 718x404
>>341577452
>Death Stranding

Is should have been just called Left Standing
>>
>>341577452
Evangelion. Full stop.
>>
>>341579235
>Image features the words used in the reveal trailer for the game
>The eyes are clearly from the Norman Reedus model
Bullshit it's not in the game.
>>
File: 1465660212791.png (4 MB, 1830x2232) Image search: [Google]
1465660212791.png
4 MB, 1830x2232
>>341579356
I figure Kojima made sure in the contract that it comes to PC somehow someway, he learned his lesson on the importance of digital archival where MGS4 practically didn't happen unless you have a PS3

Also my theory is that he murdered his pregnant wife, and he's stuck in Limbo being psychologically tortured by the five figures in the sky representing the five stages of grief.
>>
File: nutshell22.jpg (1 MB, 3470x1922) Image search: [Google]
nutshell22.jpg
1 MB, 3470x1922
>>341577452
>>
>>341579469

>/a/ thinks everything is pandering to them

You stink like diarrhea shit, mate
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/10498045
>>
>>341579567
Fuck I should go to reddit.
See you guys when I get bored of reddit.
>>
Reedus = video game industry
Babby = fun
Dead whales = defunct studios
Handcuff = Konami
Floating guys = 3 consoles + PC + mobile
Whole game = allegory for next video game crash
>>
>>341577452
>More or less linear narrative structure
>Secret ending
>Weapon degradation
>Stealth to survive
clothes come in the dlc
Tbh though, what we saw is probably a hallucination, schizo + psychosis, the floating things are the voices that speak to him, Norman Fetus is probably the dead son of Norman Reedus killed by some sort of cult you have to look into and exact revenge upon.
>>
>>341579526
Thats a pretty good one. But what does the cuffs represent?
>>
>>341579526

>five figures in the sky representing the five stages of grief

huh, that's pretty good, if I recall Kojima said the Skull Unit were supposed to be just that
>>
>>341579526
>he learned his lesson on the importance of digital archival where MGS4 practically didn't happen unless you have a PS3
How depressing that one of the biggest production games of its times dips at a wonderful 20 FPS during intense action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7gmgg5UzvY
>>
>>341579567
Damn, it really happened

neo-/v/ became reddit, and reddit became old /v/
>>
File: breaking-news.png (304 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
breaking-news.png
304 KB, 640x360
>It's a "WHERE THE FUCK IS MY SON" game
>>
>>341580121
>it's a "WHERE THE FUCK IS MY WIFE'S SON" game
>>
File: harry_mason_1.jpg (32 KB, 600x509) Image search: [Google]
harry_mason_1.jpg
32 KB, 600x509
>>341580121
Kinda fitting given the game's inspiration.
>>
>>341577452
Fits in line with most of what Kojima has been posting on his Twitter those past few months. Fits the things a person his age have in their head too.

Expect a far too profound for thou surreal scifi story about philosophy and religion, about the meaning of life, about death, about passing things on, about memories.

Don't know what to expect from the gameplay, but I'm pretty set about the themes. Interestingly, MGSV fits the same themes as well.
>>
>>341580174
It literally isn't. Reedus gave birth to it
>>
The problem I've run into trying to analyze this is its impossible to separate it from Silent Hills. Taken on its own or comparing it to what we saw in PT you can get two very different interpretations.

I really want to take this trailer on it's own but it's almost impossible considering it still has Reedus and a ton of similar thematic ties. Did Kojima really abandon everything from Silent Hills when starting this new project? I'd find that hard to believe too.
>>
>>341579567
>there better be full frontal nudity in this game
At least that guy was on point.
>>
>>341580407

I'm sure Kojima and his crew carried some concepts over, but I don't think it's just the exact same game concept rebranded as "Death Stranding". A lot of the Silent Hill horror stuff was probably ditched in favor of more Kojima-ish aesthetics and gameplay
>>
>>341579567
>GRABBU THE BABBU
That will never not be funny.
>>
File: 1352720416737.gif (2 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1352720416737.gif
2 MB, 200x150
>>341579567
>GRABBU THE BABBU
>NOW PRETEND ITS YOUR PAYCHECK
>>
>dead sea animals washed up on a beach
>baby died and turned into oil

trailer was about dangers/evil of polluting the ocean and how if we're not careful, it will soon begin harming us and not just the rest of the planet's life.

Reedus is obviously going to kick the shit out of people for not going green. Like Captain Planet, only more violent.
>>
Is Norman Reedus dead the whole time?

Why is it DEATH STRANDING
>>
>>341581286
They have stranded him in this island to die.
>>
File: 1465544343373.jpg (66 KB, 462x388) Image search: [Google]
1465544343373.jpg
66 KB, 462x388
>Norman = Kojima
>Baby = MGSV
>Stranded sealife = old dev team and studio
>Scar = Premature release
>>
I can see some resemblances of Matrix, in the way that a superior race, in this case ayylmaos instead of machines, enslave the humans and use them as some type of "energy". That explains the baby disappearance, humans are now being forced to breed and their sons are carried away from them. In the game you get to scape (it's obvios that you were captured) and the plot consists basically on basically finding your baby and finding out the purpose behind the alien actions. Maybe in the end they are trying to save the planets from human beings, that would explain all the ecologist symbolism in the oil and in dead corpses.
>>
So, where does the Ludens armor fit into all of this?
We know its nt just a mascot because you can see Norman Reedus insde the suit. The suit enen has a plug in the torso where the main character has the big ass scar.
Remember "From Sapiens to Ludens".
What did Koima said was the meaning behind his company logo?
>>
>>341582394

I hope you get to whop some ass in a space suit
>>
>Reedus is a convict on a prison starship
>Ship gets sucked into a black hole
>Reedus is stranded on some kind of death planet where he fights supernatural aliens.
>>
>The Parable of the Ten Virgins, also known as the Parable of the Wise and Foolish Virgins, is one of the well known parables of Jesus. According to the Gospel of Matthew 25:1-13, the five virgins who are prepared for the bridegroom's arrival are rewarded, while the five who are not prepared are disowned. The parable has a clear eschatological theme: be prepared for the Day of Judgment.
>>
>>341580407
he said he and his team had several different potential projects but decided on this one. it probably has some re-used ideas from Silent Hills but not the whole shebang, saving it for later. this will probably be a more accessible actiony game so the studio can gain some clout.
>>
>>341581186
'stranding' theme is about the links between things. not unreasonable to expect one theme is man's connection with nature. MGS was heavily focused on the issue of nuclear weapons, this one could have an environmental angle.

>>341582394
one of two things assuming Kojima is lying about it having nothing to do with the game
>game will be more horror oriented but will have action sequences using the suit to satisfy casuals to ensure the game makes its money back
>the five figures we see floating at the end of the trailer are using the suit, it's some kind of interdimensional travel suit
>>
>>341578950
>>341579014
What if the # enemies you kill actually affects the type of ending you get this time instead of just a rank like at the end of the MGS games.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.