[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people want this again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10
File: FF7-Remake-Multi-Part.jpg (59 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
FF7-Remake-Multi-Part.jpg
59 KB, 600x338
Why do people want this again?
>>
>>341574172

It's been a very heavy fan requested "remake it please" for many years, since the ps3 launch.

Square always denied they ever would / said it would even ruin their FF company / brand.

Seems they are remaking it now, so yeah no idea why.

People out there do what it thought. The 2015 reveal of the remake to many was the best of the show like Zelda this year. The trailer got millions of views in a single day.
>>
Because they're idiots who played right into SE's hand by falling for the tech demo and AC.

Square had their hooks him them since then.
>>
File: lego cloud vs cute cloud.jpg (56 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
lego cloud vs cute cloud.jpg
56 KB, 960x540
>>341574172
I really like the atmosphere and world of FFVII.
I don't like archaic turn based/ATB combat, unless it has some element of positioning and/or real strategic depth (think Chrono Trigger or XCOM).
It also helps to have a version of one of the most popular games of all time that doesn't look terrible.
It's not like the existence of a remake is going to wipe the original off the face of the world anyway.
>>
>>341574438
>so yeah no idea why

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
>>
>>341574778

Ff7 had front and back rank positioning
>>
>>341574438
>Seems they are remaking it now, so yeah no idea why.
Probably because both FFXV and KH3 have been in development hell for so long that they need all the money they can get.
>>
>>341574769
>Because they're idiots who played right into SE's hand by falling for the tech demo and AC.

Sounds about right.
>>
It's almost like people who like a thing want to see a different take on that thing with updated visuals.

And if the thing remake isn't so great, at least they still have the old one.
>>
>>341574172
I want to see what an FF7 would look like with modern technology. I can always play the original on my PS2 if I really want the old school experience. Even still have my old memory card.
>>
File: dogm8.png (763 KB, 714x696) Image search: [Google]
dogm8.png
763 KB, 714x696
>>341575164
>PS2
>>
I didn't play this as a kid but the fujoshis it spawned were part of my pre-normie internet landscape that I cherish dearly so I'm glad they're getting something from the past that they enjoy. Stuff like this helps you to remember who you were before the current decade fucked most of us up.
>>
>>341575225
My PS1 hung itself years ago. I don't like to talk about it.
>>
>>341575225
>He doesn't play PS1 games on his PS2
>>
>>341575164
>>341575225
>>341575309
>He doesn't play PS1 games on his PS3
>>
File: neofeels.gif (2 MB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
neofeels.gif
2 MB, 750x750
>>341575275

F
>>
>>341574778
>It's not like the existence of a remake is going to wipe the original off the face of the world anyway

It's weird some people like to act this way.
>>
Because FF7 looked like ass.
>>
>>341574172
I asked in another thread, but didnt get a satisfying answer:

Should I play the original one on PC or on my PSP/Emulate the PSX Version? Which Version is better?
>>
File: 1445743441802s.jpg (7 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1445743441802s.jpg
7 KB, 250x250
>>341574172

It's not "this" that people want

Nobody said "make classic JRPG into a action beat-em-up episodic release"

I think, it's pretty clear that people just wanted the original game to be enhanced, improved, cleaned up, while still retaining all of it's charm and personality. Instead, they are just making some neo-Final Fantasy action game with AI party members and shit, bascially the EXACT fucking cancer that has caused them nothing but backlash from fans of the series for the better part of a decade
>>
File: 1291196695549.png (44 KB, 913x317) Image search: [Google]
1291196695549.png
44 KB, 913x317
>>341574172
>Why do people want this again?
Because LE CLOUD xD fanboys can't be bothered to sit through the original game because of modern vidya mollycoddling and shitty realistic graphics
>>
>>341574778
FF7 iis pretty much the ugliest classic video game there is
>>
>>341574778
>Chrono Trigger
>Possessing any more strategic depth than any Final Fantasy
>>
>>341575971
You still have to wait until the enemies are positioned right in order to hit all of them with AoE attacks. It also has different combo moves depending on who's in your party.
Combined with the fact that it's only ~20 hours long, the enemies are avoidable, and most of the game is just plot anyway, it's a lot more bearable.
>>
>>341574849
>wow 2 positions so many strategic combinations
>>
>>341575827
>SkidMarx0940

literal communist shit-stain
>>
They're too young to have experienced it when it was new, so they don't know that FF7 is just a decent game that sold because of the marketing push.
>>
>>341576159
Maybe RPGs aren't the genre for you.
>>
Why do people want any remasters/remakes?

It depresses me how much they not only sell, but how much people ask for them to be made.
>>
File: tumblr_nri18aWZ4Q1r3f7q1o1_500.png (349 KB, 495x391) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nri18aWZ4Q1r3f7q1o1_500.png
349 KB, 495x391
What was even so great about this game solely gameplay wise?

I usually don't care much for the story etc. if the gameplay is shit, and it was pretty shit compared to other FF's.
>>
>>341576159
That's not any deeper than any Final Fantasy game. That's Babby's first JRPG. Hell, it's so popular because it is Babby's first JRPG.
>>
>>341576572

Is it bad to enhance stuff?

Why are you using new computers instead of a fucking Commodore
>>
>>341576557
Nah, I just finished Persona 3 and enjoyed it thoroughly. Action RPGs are more my thing, but I can still enjoy well made old school RPGs. Just not FF, it's combat just has no depth. If a boss is hard it's not because you haven't figured out a strategy, it's because you haven't grinded enough.
>>
>>341574172
Graphically I think FF7 is probably the worst looking FF game.

thats probably why.
>>
>>341576919
>Just not FF, it's combat just has no depth. If a boss is hard it's not because you haven't figured out a strategy, it's because you haven't grinded enough.
So you've never played Final Fantasy then.

Good to know.
>>
>>341576840
Is it bad to make new stuff?
I know it's a creatively bankrupt industry but there's a line to draw somewhere.
>>
>>341576996
The majority of Final Fantasy bosses boil down to hitting the enemy until it dies and healing as necessary. Later on you have to cast haste and protection buffs as well.
>>
JRPG fags worship it as the best FF game of all time. But as they die off from diabetes/suicide/loneliness/aids/fag nightclub shootings by our red pill heroes, their numbers will dwindle and and make way for a new generation that will acknowledge FFXV as the best because ARPG is better than JRPG always.
>>
>>341575825
Pretty sure it was confirmed to not be episodic, more like 13 as each is a stand alone 60$ or more game, prepare your anus
>>
File: 1466065331658[1].jpg (139 KB, 1280x700) Image search: [Google]
1466065331658[1].jpg
139 KB, 1280x700
No idea
>>
>>341574778
>It's not like the existence of a remake is going to wipe the original off the face of the world anyway.
I don't know, some "fans" think only Advent Children and Kingdom Hearts exist.
>>
>>341575827
Please tell the topic and board ripped his asshole apart like pulled pork
>>
>>341577535
what
>>
>>341575842
Say it again you fat fuck, let me guess you were born in 04

Fucking fight me
>>
>>341574172
All I wanted was the original except with the materia system actually balanced, and new combos/materias added. Also a difficulty that is beyond "braindead".

That's all I wanted from a remake. I didn't need the new graphics or voice acting.

Unfortunately we got yet another pseudo-action mashfest. I'll play DMC if I want to play action games, cause at least that one's good, thank you.
>>
>>341577917
Cry more faggot.
>>
>>341577154
It's bad to make new stuff that was not only critically claimed as inferior to the older games but also terrible with the fanbase. You don't keep trying to force feed your child peaches when he's allergic and say "eventually you'll like it"

They're in the financial crises they're in because they haven't listened to any feedback, even sales numbers. Squeenix is going to eventually either be bought out or absorbed by another company because they're to stubborn to change back to a way that worked before and tweak or make it better

Fucking gooks
>>
>>341575827
>I've seen the advent children move it had some good characters
That movie really wasn't a good representation for the characters except for a few.
>>
File: 1298102450274.png (202 KB, 1263x666) Image search: [Google]
1298102450274.png
202 KB, 1263x666
>>341577573
No idea, I saved that a really long time ago
>>
>>341577154
Explain to me what's new about VII remake. Go ahead.
>>
FF7 is my favourite game, I hate JRPGs.

Honestly, really like the prerendered backgrounds and blocky animations, they were campy and had more character than a super-realistic voiced fuccboi could ever have.

The thing I loved about 7 was the simplicity which just wouldn't sell anymore, this remake is being made as "safely" as possible, they will take key story points from the original and slap them over dead-serious, gritty action game that is anime enough for the east but boring enough for the west.

I'll still buy the game and enjoy it, I don't think they'd half-arse a project that has been seen by most people as being the reason the company still exists but it will never beat the original.

Also, kingdom hearts combat sucks.
>>
>>341578101
VIIR is the final emergency cash cow, true.
That doesn't make the increasing trend of remasters and remakes any more acceptable.

This isn't just a complaint at SE but the industry at large.
>>
>>341578225
Check yo' reading comprehension.
>>
>>341577154
It is when your focus testing and numbers guys have zero clue about how to do their jobs, and is so detatched to real people that it only produces literal shit.

I'll welcome new stuff when developers are back at making the games they want, and they stop pulling focus tests on people who never played a videogame before.
>>
>>341575825
Well, the original game sucked floppy donkey dick in just about every conceivable way, so the more they change the better a chance there is that it'll be good this time. As an added bonus, the more that SE changes the more of the xXSEPIROTCLOUDSOULXx types will kill themselves or at least be so butthurt they never mention it again beyond bashing the remake and then bitterly clamming up.
>>
>>341578427
Agreed
>>
>>341578869
Are you a professional Contrarian?
I'd hire you if I needed one.
>>
>>341578869
haha holy fuck
>>
File: 1465699227112.jpg (74 KB, 753x733) Image search: [Google]
1465699227112.jpg
74 KB, 753x733
>>341575827

if i could hate this person to death
>>
>FF7 is ugly

Literally the worst excuse to remake a game. Pretty graphics are nice and all but graphics have next to no impact on gameplay as long as the game is well designed. Besides all old games are ugly, don't pretend 2d FF with permanent bird's eye view and little midget sprites running around with about 2 frames worth of animation looks good.
>>
Because FF7 is a great game and to experience it in a modern way, would be great.
It wont be as good as the original because they already said that they would cut out some "awkward" content and they'll probably try to tie in the crisis core storyline in this one somehow so people wont be so confused on what is going on

Its going to be dissapointing no matter what, but at the same time its going to be great fanservice and even if it would be shit, it will sell like hotcakes and everyone who complains about it, will still buy it and play it.
Its one of those games. Square just waited until they are knee deep in financial troubles and want those millions and millions of dollaroos.
>>
>>341575827
This sums it up really. FF7 is a very famous game with iconic characters and has fans demanding a remake who have never even played the original. It's sold about 11 million copies on all formats in 20 years, which is good but doesn't even place it in the top 20 highest selling games of all time. Fucking Nintendogs and Kinect Sports has sold more. Sure it entered the mainstream but your average gamer in the 90s is nothing like the casuals you have now. I'm worried this remake will be horrible and I'm probably just going to stay away from it.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.