[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some first person shooters where you can use a sniper
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 1220x694) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 1220x694
What are some first person shooters where you can use a sniper rifle and the sharpshooter experience is semi realistic, like hiding for a long period of time and utilising your weapon from extreme ranges, rather than bunny hopping around flicking in and out of the scope to instant kill somebody 5 feet away from you. Bonus points for multiplayer.
The only game I know of that is like this is Arma 3, and I'm probably going to play that.
>>
>>341570470
Insurgency is alright.
>I'm gonna just sit here for 20 minutes until you get outta cover.
>>
Pretty much, I would sometimes place a bag as bait in dayz and wait for someone to come for it as i waited in the trees to snipe them. Was pretty tense waiting for someone to take the bait.
>>
Red Orchestra. If you don't keep the enemy MGs and snipers down your team is going to be very upset with you.
>>
>>341570470
Planetside 2 but if you actually play a sniper you're the cancer and I hate you
>>
>>341570470
Rising Storm
>>
Arma 2/3 and Day Z are the best for that type of gameplay. I'm not sure how populated Day Z servers are these days but that was always how I loved to play the game, find a high value target or high traffic pathway and set up about 400-600 meters out and wait for people to come by.

Some of the Arma 3 mods like Wasteland allow for great sniper play but the high amount of armored vehicles can sometimes ruin the fun.
>>
>>341571608

Tfw i loved snipers in planetside 1. It was so fun going around hills killing them with my invis guy.
>>
Arma 3 ace 3
>>
>>341570470
>The only game I know of that is like this is Arma 3, and I'm probably going to play that.

Squad might end up having some moments like that, but ARMA is pretty much the only game in town for that sort of thing. It's like ARMA, Squad and then you're pretty much in COD/Battlefield territory.
>>
The first Ghost Recon
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.