[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, what do people see in this game? I'm playing it cause
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: Gone_Home.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Gone_Home.png
1 MB, 1280x720
So, what do people see in this game? I'm playing it cause it's free on PS+, and I am so fucking bored. I actually got kinda scared when I went up the stairs and there was a loud lightning strike, but I've been playing for 30 minutes and I feel like I'm about to fucking pass out from absolute boredom.
>>
No one?
>>
Nothing happens

It's not a horror game, nothing happens
>>
You go through the house and look at things. Then you learn your sister is a lesbian. 10/10 GOTY.
>>
>>341570783
That's it? Why is this game rated as a "10/10 MASTERPIECE OH MY GOD" Then? If that's it, what's with all the praise? I know /v/ hated The Last of Us cause critics liked it, but I personally really fucking enjoyed it, I thought it was easily an 8.5/10, but this is just boring
>>
>>341570401
>He doesn't understand why Gone Home is so amazing
What are you, some kind of a straight white male or something?
>>
It's a fairly basic adventure game that's not particularly long. The main draw is the 1990s nostalgia so if you're pretty young there's not going to be a lot in it for you.

The puzzles are mostly just find the object to interact with next based on the clues in the journal entries, and the story is cleverly written in a way to make the player sympathise, but isn't particularly gripping.
>>
>>341570401
It's not meant to be a horror game. It's a puzzle game. Eventually you find out your sister ran away because she's a lesbian and that's it. You've completed the game.

It's not deserving of the high praise it gets outside of /v/. If the dev changed it to being a straight girl running away with her boyfriend then nobody would give a flying fuck.
>>
>>341570401
oh hey an RE7 thread
>>
>>341570954
I don't know, the game is literally just walking around a house reading diaries and then you find out your sister is a lesbian and THE END.

You can even beat it in about 30 seconds if you know where to go

It's a stretch to even call it a "game"
>>
>>341571182
>>341570783
That's not what happens. Your sister being a lesbian isn't a twist at the end, it's immediately apparent upon hearing her diary entries about her girlfriend.

The game sets up a red herring by including a subplot about the former owner of the house and giving the house a spooky atmosphere. The player would begin to worry about something supernatural occurring and your sister being dead, but the ending is actually that your sister is fine but she has left home because your parents hate gays.
>>
>>341570954
I enjoyed TLOU just as much as you did. Fuck what /v/ thinks. But they're right about Gone Home.

But the thing about Gone Home was that it draws people in with a sort of style and atmosphere. Eventually, you start putting pieces together and you see a story start to form. Then you're supposed to be surprised and sad about the payoff.

10/10 your sister is a runaway lesbian GOTY. Protect LGBT people.
>>
>>341570401
You remember Firewatch? You remember how the game's story had something interesting going? You start thinking in your head, "holy shit this is getting cuhrazy. Something big is going on behind the scenes and I really wonder what'll happen next."

Then you reach the end and you realize fucking nothing happened like at all? The payoff was absolute shit.

Gone Home does the same shit with it's baity atmosphere and making the player think something is happening and some dark shit is ocurring. Then you learn that nothing big happened at all.

Firewatch and Gone Home both got praised for their atmosphere and storytelling. The payoff for both games are just pure shit though. I got baited by both of them.
>>
>>341572068
They're less games and more interactive storytelling experiences that indie devs are trying to push as games.
>>
>>341572068
I didn't play Firewatch either. This is my first "walking sim" as /v/ calls it
>>
this game is purely sjw nonsense propped up as goty by corrupted sjw gaming journalists trying to push a agenda.
>>
>>341570401

/v/ loves games like this and Life is Strange now.
>>
>>341572183
still a game, still dont have to like them, let alone play them.
>>
>>341572269
Steam even labels Firewatch as a "walking simulator" it has its own tag that people can search. People like these games for some reason.
The only one I couldtolerate was The Stanley Parable because I got it for like a dollar in the summer sale and it was a funny game.
>>
>>341571019
If the sister were straight and ran away with her boyfriend, I think most people would think she's making a terrible mistake. Wasn't she, like, thirteen?

>>341571441
I played it when it came out, which was a while ago, but I think she ran away because her girlfriend was going off to boot camp or something and had, herself, run away. So the sister was going to like be supportive or something.
>>
Is it a joke that they released this during pride month? Don't us gays get enough fucking hatred as is?

For fucks sakes put something good up for plus, what the fuck am I paying for?
>>
>>341575483
you are the reason this game exists
>>
>>341575662
Nope, I said I'm gay. Most of the people I know who are into this shit are heterosexual faggots.
>>
But how could Sam love someone whose music is so terrible?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.