[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CAN I HAVE MY TIME BACK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7
File: 2790740-gone+home+title+square.png (483 KB, 514x514) Image search: [Google]
2790740-gone+home+title+square.png
483 KB, 514x514
Did any body like Gone Home? What an utter waste of time.
>>
>>341570196
> CAN I HAVE MY TIME BACK

No. That's what you get for believing sjw bullshit.
>>
File: 8atPtzN.jpg (531 KB, 1032x2647) Image search: [Google]
8atPtzN.jpg
531 KB, 1032x2647
Reminder, this game only got a 10/10 because they creators were personal friends of corrupted gaming journalists. It didn't get it's score on merit. It got it because they knew people.

This is why GG happened.
>>
If it had been a $5 game (at launch) that I didn't know anything about, then I might've been surprised a little bit by the end of it. But given all the press bullshit that was going on at the time and the ridiculous amount they wanted to charge for this one hour walking simulator, I never got to experience it that way.
>>
File: 1447827416224.jpg (32 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1447827416224.jpg
32 KB, 500x333
This is GOTY and way better than some weebshit like danganronpa. Anyone who shits on Gone Home is a gamergater and trump supporter.
>>
>>341570196
i googled youtube speedrun and completed it in a minute
>>
Got it free on PS plus this month, have never been so disappointed in my life. "Game"is trash in every way.
>>
>>341570196

Watched it on youtube when it was launched

Way, way too overpriced for it's duration. it's a 2-hour "adventure" game infused with political propaganda. They should pay you to play it, not the opposite.
>>
SO NOBODY LIKED IT. . .
>>
I accidentally beat the game in 3 minutes playing it blind. If you brush next to the secret panel wall, a question mark pops up even if you haven't been anywhere else in the house. It's so fucking baffling to me that a game about walking around and clicking on things wouldn't have a safeguard against this.
>>
>>341571337

Would it be so hard to make it unselectable until the player had explored the rest of the house?
>>
>>341570196
Let me put it to you this way, I am going to download, for free because of PSN, and play it just so I can point out every little thing wrong about it.
If video games are art then this is just a paper print out of a Ikea ad.
>>
>>341571767
I pirated it soon after launch after hearing about how gay and shit it was on /v/ but ended up enjoying it.

It's definitely worth a play for the price of $0
>>
>>341571767
It's not worth your time. Not even worth a download. Just tell that crackhead to watch a speedrun video.
>>
>>341571016
It's not political propaganda, you moron. The homosexual characters aren't there to push an agenda, they're there because female characters are inoffensive.

If your sister was being lead astray from your parents by a girl, you would be less concerned than if she was being lead astray from your parents by a boy.
>>
>>341571879
Only three types of people who would ever say they enjoyed it.

sjw, gaming journalists.... and trolls. Bet you're the latter.
>>
>>341572057
>It's not political propaganda

kek. That is a load of bull. This is purely sjw bullshit propaganda.
>>
I enjoyed it for what it was, not for what critics and journalists made it out to be. It was a neat little story but it was not even close to this masterpiece that they said it was.

Although I got it on ps+, maybe I would be more critical if I paid for it (I feel sorry for the people who did)
>>
>>341570196
Assuming your a Sonygger, you should've just avoided it despite being "free" because the developers get paid by Sony every time the games on Plus are downloaded.
>>
I got it for free and still feel cheated.
>>
>>341572273
>I enjoyed it for what it was

You have shit taste. Really shit taste.
>>
>>341572178
remember, agendas are only bad, and only present when you dislike something.

It couldnt be that the story the game tells isn't at all interesting, leaves nothing open to interpretation, and doesnt spoil itself within 5 minutes.

Its because of the icky gheys.
>>
Could have been worse, at least you didn't play Sunset.
>>
Gone Home was designed to get positive coverage in the press - that is all.

Short play length.
No challenge.
LGBT themes.
The dad is a frustrated journalist/failed author.
le 90s references.
FEMINISMMMM!

The critics writing garbage like "omg, i can relate to this" was truly disgusting. Children of privilege basking in their nepotism.
>>
>>341572118
Nope, I found it to be genuinely enjoyable. It's not an amazing game, but exploring the house was pretty comfy and all the 90s shit was fun to see again.
>>
File: gone home.png (34 KB, 1311x184) Image search: [Google]
gone home.png
34 KB, 1311x184
No.
>>
I enjoyed it but got it in a bundle so I didn't really pay money for it
>>
>>341570196
This game fuckin' sucked so hard. And I liked Dear Esther.
>>
>>341570772

I've read both those reviews.

Patrick needed a walkthrough to complete Danganronpa. He needed a fucking walkthrough.
>>
>>341572364
> Its because of the icky gheys.

I have nothing against gays. However, when you present shit on a silver platter and tell me this is the finest cuisine in the world. I'll have to call bullshit on that. And that's exactly what these gaming journalists did. They tried to push Gone Home as GOTY with these perfect scores and really good reviews.

The story is nothing but a sham. You find out someone is gay, big deal. That was the entire plot. There's no good story in it. There's no amazing twist or anything.
The gameplay was even worse. Walk along the wall until you find a button or walk through it. That's it. No challenge, no mystery, no horror.

This is the sham they prop up as game of the fucking year. Shit like this is what real gamers are fed up with. This is them pushing the sjw bullshit into gaming.
>>
Ignoring the lesbians, ignoring the unwarrented praise, and ignoring the limited mechanics and question about its "gameness," there were design choices in this game that were just plain bad.

>game exclusively about walking around and finding things to click has no safeguard against walking up to the secret panel and clicking it right at the start
>despite being about exploration, the suggested path through the house is still largely linear
>the linearity is at odds with the naturalistic, non-chalant story-telling, and only draws attention to how artificial everything is
>the setting and references to a horror setup are too big of a red herring, and only add confusion when they aren't lived up to
>even though it sells itself as being about environmental story-telling, most of the plot is given through voice-over
>the ending only confirms what was apparent from about ten minutes into the game, as well as giving context for the out of place voice-overs, which is underwhelming as hell considering the buildup to the attic
>a lot of design decisions make the house feel fake (there are cords under every tv positioned perfectly for a vcr to be plugged in, but conveniently all the vcrs are gone)
>>
>>341572273
I found the detective role in the game entertaining, I also feel sorry for those who purchased this though
>>
>>341570196
i thought it was beautiful
>>
>>341572925
>I found the detective role in the game entertaining

Do yourself a favor. Play some real good detective role games such as 999, phoenix wrights, professor layton, vlr and danganronpa. You'll then realize how shitty Gone Home really is.
>>
I thought it was pretty cool. Story was pretty endearing. Glad they didn't give in to the spooky atmosphere at the end. In general I thought the atmosphere and kind of bait and switch of it being a horror game worked well for it. It was cool, I'm interested in checking out the developer commentary stuff as well.
>>
>>341573035
>all Japanese games
What a surprise
>>
Only people who would praise this game are sjw, gaming journalists or trolls.
>>
>>341573210
I don't get your point here
Are you implying those games are bad purely because they're Japanese?
>>
>>341573210
> i-it's all weebshit so it means they are all shitty games!!!

what a suprise
>>
Downloaded the game on psn and I'm a little mind blown at the reception this garbage game got.

How in the world did people even enjoy the story? You literally figure out your sister is a fag 3 minutes into the game. And then boohoo military boohoo acceptance.

Not to mention the obnoxious feminist bullshit. "Fuck patriarchy" written on walls "male gaze" on magazines. Like come the fuck on.

The voice acting is also shit.
>>
File: yellowman.jpg (2 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
yellowman.jpg
2 MB, 5000x5000
>>341570510
History is written by the winners, anon. But hey maybe Wikipedia will tell your story.

oh wait
>>
>>341573348
>>341573356
>ultraweebs immediately flock to shout down anybody who questions their glorious Daimyo
Unsurprising.
>>
>>341573438
so cringe
>>
Got it free with ps plus looking forward to opening a bottle of wine and playing through it with my wife after dinner on Friday night. Indie games are a nice way to enjoy an evening in.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160616-102627.png (369 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160616-102627.png
369 KB, 1080x1920
>>341573570
I wish this weren't true
>>
>>341573438
I kind of like how, I'd guess accidentally, it presented feminism as an adolescent phase that they'll grow out of.
>>
>>341573701
>lesbianism
>>
>>341573653
Nice rebuttal, fag
>>
>>341573693
Im going to sleep mad tonight.
>>
>actually got vibes of environmental storytelling from hl2 and singularity
>be sucker for love stories

liked it
>>
>>341573693
holy shit
>>
>>341573693
the fact you seem upset leads me to believe its a good definition.
>>
>>341573701
It's not accidental. The radical feminism and the zine scene are portrayed as teenage rebellion in the game's story, not as some kind of preaching message.
>>
>>341571420
That would require PROGRAMMING!

What are you, an ableist cishet white male? Check your privileges!
>>
>>341573035
I said entertaining, not life changing. I appreciate the suggestions though, gonna try them all
>>
>>341572476
That's the sickest burn I've ever gazed upon
>>
>explore
>fine magazine with "how to avert male gaze"
>Ignore it and keep going
>find board with fuck patriarchy on it

Literally why
>>
>>341571420
>>341574261
It was intentionally placed there, you morons. They included a secret way to reach the ending quickly, for fun. You'll notice you can't actually sequence break the rest of the game.
>>
>>341574528
S

J

W
>>
>>341574528
>I was born in 1998
>>
>>341570196
This game reminded me of my friends girlfriend who came out to him as a man because she shares more masculine traits than feminine traits. He told me the other day, and I'm not exactly sure what to say about that. I fucking hate what society is becoming.
>>
>>341574528

>game runs like shit even on high end computers
>>
>>341574772
WATCH THAT POWER LEVEL
>>
>>341574264
> I said entertaining, not life changing.

Are you saying good games aren't entertaining?
>>
>>341574772
How does sharing masculine traits make her a man? theres never been some predetermined list of traits that exclusively belong to males and females.
>>
>>341575013
No, you just made it sound like I thought gone home was amazing when I really just found the clue gathering for the dads story mildly entertaining at best. The forced sjw story and narrating that forced its way in every 10 seconds however ruined this game
>>
File: image.png (337 KB, 697x710) Image search: [Google]
image.png
337 KB, 697x710
Hey /V/, Finally saved enough to build my first pc and need some under the radar games that you might've enjoyed
>>
>>341575776
I posted to a thread, I'm just fucking great
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.