[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can we talk about Resident Evil: Outbreak?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
The thread that just 404'd had me thinking about it. Who else liked these games? Would they do well in today's fanbase if they were re-released with proper online support?
>>
>would they do well in today's fanbase

I was in that last thread, and considering how everyone in it seemed to believe that RE was never a horror series and was always about fighting big scary monsters, the answer is probably not.
>>
>>341562274

What? I've never even heard of this game. Looks good from what i'm seeing on youtube though, is it a spinoff?
>>
I was in the thread. They were great games. They'd probably be better received by Souls fans and people who like multiplayer only games like Killing Floor in this day and age, people who appreciate competitive online / metagaming more, than RE fans themselves.
>>
>>341562534
The multiplayer aspect alone would work well, though. 4 player horror multiplayers are the fad right now. The only thing they'd have to implement is voice chatting.
>>
>>341562745
Yep, it's a multiplayer game set during RE2/3 where you can play as an infected civilian. It has single player support. The AIs are kind of dumb, but don't listen to the autists who tell you it's unplayable for that alone. It's definitely playable if you're patient and not a huge sperg.
>>
>>341563530
>actually suggesting singleplayer is playable
Come on man. It's such a ridiculously inferior way to play you might as well not bother at all.
>>
>>341562804
>RE fans wouldn't appreciate it

You mean RE5/6 shitters wouldn't.
>>
>>341563721
I might be biased then because that's the only way I could play the game as a kid and I still loved it all the same.

Isn't there a way to emulate it so you can play online now though?
>>
>>341563951
Yeah, but it's not an easy setup. Barely worth it.
>>
>>341564132
It is not hard to set up so much as the information is scattered so it is a problem of knowing what to do. You end up with upscaled graphics as a bonus. Either way the netcode is absolute dogshit and the loading times also suck.
>>
Capcom will never remake it because it's not profitable. They tried to do it again with Operation Raccoon City except with the classic gameplay swapped out for the over the shoulder nuRE style and it tanked like shit.
>>
>>341562274
The worst things that would happen in today's world with outbreka besides them being ignored by most, is that you will probably end up with an idiot or a troll who grabs the important key item and sits on it
>>
File: 1305835628392.png (236 KB, 491x360) Image search: [Google]
1305835628392.png
236 KB, 491x360
>it's a let's throw Bob at the zombie hoard to distract them while we run for the roof episode
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.