[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It seems the main selling point is the number of planets, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: header.jpg (42 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
42 KB, 460x215
It seems the main selling point is the number of planets, and most people are on board. What am I missing?
>>
It's over hyped shit that will boring in an hour or 2 of visiting recolored planets.
>>
>>341562275
How do you know?
>>
>>341561979
>What am I missing?

a game
>>
>>341562275
agree about the overhyped part, but if it's shit remains to be seen
>>
“People keep saying to us, ‘Yeah, but what if I knew where they were? Would I go there?’ And it’s like, yeah, but they are going to have to stay there for quite a while while you get over there. And then once you get over there you might land on the same planet and then you will say, ‘I’m on a planet the size of Earth and I am on a mountain. Where are you?'”

http://gamerant.com/no-mans-sky-no-multiplayer/

Multiplayer is virtually non existent. The number of planets probably only differ in color. Why play it?
>>
So I'm still confused.

Do you have the ability to see other players?
If so I'm hoping for a community made mod that allows two people directly connect to each other and play together.
>>
>>341563240
>a community made mod that allows two people directly connect to each other and play together.

what good is that when apparently all you do is fly to purple planet #34, walk around, then take off and go to slightly less purple planet #62? until we see the final product and determine any lasting gameplay value any concept of multiplayer is putting the cart before the horse.
>>
GOATGOATGOATGOATGOATGOATGOATGOATGOATGOATGOAT
>>
>>341562524
kek. was about to post this.
/thread
and now they are going to release a better game than that.
>>
>>341563240
The game is just a space walking simulator.
Its shallow as fuck.
except for the procedual part, you can do that shit on other games, and even better because its aimed to peole who actually like some decent spaceship physics.

Also, its going to be beated very fast because stuff like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSh7WYvebh4
wich will promise to put all players at once in the same space, planets and cities.

So its dead on arrival, and the delay was because the console version ran like shit.
>28 fps average.
>>
>>341561979
Time to start the daily thread coverage back up again, eh?
>>
File: 1461952956320.jpg (79 KB, 1056x668) Image search: [Google]
1461952956320.jpg
79 KB, 1056x668
>>
>developer promises things that he can't deliver
>Sony believes him
>>
>>341562429
Because there are a decent amount of videos, and coverage about the game is about.

>walk arround and name procedual shit
>do some watered down skyrim levels of quest
>you have to go to the center of the galaxy, but in the most complex way possible, so we could say that the game will take days to beat
>ship physics are in pair with xwing vs tie fighter (game from 1997)
>filled with shit to keep people with low attention span entretained.

Aaaaaaand

>le super secret that the dev wont tell because he dosent want to spoil the shitties ending possible
>>
>everything is the same but wears a different face, no real progression.

Looks boring as fuck after about 20 minutes.
>>
>>341562429
starbound
>>
/v/ meet-up when?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.