[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Minecraft the best game ever made?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: minecraft__140227211000.jpg (550 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
minecraft__140227211000.jpg
550 KB, 1920x1080
Is Minecraft the best game ever made?
>>
>>341553927
Of course
>>
No.
>>
Subjectively.
>>
>>341553927
Yes
>>
Its come and gone in my opinion. Theres only so much to do, even with mods. Tekkit classic was the height of minecraft mods and its all kind of gone downhill from there in my honest opinion. I've had my account for around 6 years now, I even used to stream minecraft almost daily.

I had my fun with it. I'm glad kids across the world really love it even though I don't enjoy it like I used to. If we're being honest theres much shittier games they could be playing.

The building also of course holds up without mods. Every couple of months I'll load up my favorite texturepack (dokucraft high) and just build some shit on creative.
>>
>>341553927
That's not The Last of Us.
>>
>>341553927
I still play it.
>>
>>341553927
no unless your an autistic 12 year old then you most likely think its a godsend
>>
>>341554998
Oh the irony
>>
>>341553927
I wish it hadn't become a kiddie meme. My 5 year old niece is obsessed with it.

I liked it better when it was my neckbeard all-nighter game back before she was born
>>
Probably the worst.
Vanilla is complete garbage.
>>
>>341555098
Why are you upset that your niece is obsessed with a game you enjoy? Would you rather she be obsessed with licensed MLP flash games or some shit?
>>
>>341555156
So you like chocolate?
>>
>>341553927
Objectively its up there.
>>
>>341553927

It's the most succesful unfinished game ever made and possibly the greatest proofs of an autistic market.
>>
>>341555310
because so many kids started playing it that the demographic changed and the design choices changed accordingly
>>
>>341556663
How did they change
>>
>>341553927
No, that's Tetris.
>>
>>341553927
It's a base for a very good game. I don't bother with it, but I'm sure mods and stuff make it really fun. That alone doesn't make it a good game; any game with the ability to be modded can be made into a good game, with enough work.

It may be the best voxel building game, but that's only because other people haven't really tried very hard at making a better one.

As for vanilla Minecraft, it's fucking awful. Building aspect is fine and good, but everything else is boring and relies far too heavily on RNG or farming. There's very little skill involved with fighting; the only time you might even remotely have a chance of dying outside of one of the two bosses in the game is if you're not careful and something sneaks up and instantly kills you by pushing you off of a cliff or something of that nature. The bosses are bland and repetitive, and offer extremely little reward for fighting them at all. Also, the "ending" is the biggest collection of nonsense I've ever seen.

Long story short, Minecraft has potential to be good, but the creators don't try to make it good because the community does their job for them. All they have to do is toss in a few bug fixes and random mobs every few months and they get a nice hefty check.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.