[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone still going to get the NEO even though it is a bit weaker?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3
File: scorpio specs.png (76 KB, 1221x497) Image search: [Google]
scorpio specs.png
76 KB, 1221x497
Anyone still going to get the NEO even though it is a bit weaker? It just won't feel right playing multiplats on an xbox.
>>
>>341549776
>a bit
>>
>buying a shitty overpriced living room PC
>>
>>341549776
how do you know the neo is weaker? where are the confirmed specs?

and how do you know that scorpio is more powerful?
just because phil spencer kept saying 6 teraflops and that its the most powerful console?

these are what you call marketing buzzwords
>>
Well considering a to will be as strong as the strongest graphics cards out on the market for just their price, no need to pay extra for CPU that doesn't bottleneck it and a PSU that can support it, yeah it's a good deal

Enjoy your...1080p? So last gen...
>>
>>341549776
Was gonna save for PC but this seems like cheaper and better alternative plus I get to couch co-op with my roommate.
>>
>>341549776
it's weaker in a larger margin than the current xbox is to the PS4 and both the neo and scorpio were made with VR in mind.
>>
>>341551065
But why? the controller, the UI, the visual appeal of the playstation 4. games and couch co-op just have that extra something that feel bettter to play on ps4/NEO than any type of xbone.
>>
I don't get it. Isn't the Xbox one slim "supposed" to be 4k?

Is this not the slim?
>>
>>341551647
It has 4K output for media like netflix and apparently upscale a games to 4K but the Scorpio will allow for native 4K gaming. Allegedly.
>>
>>341551647
Nevermind. What a confusing way to handle it. There's Xbox One, now Xbox One Slim, AND a new, new one coming out 2017.

I feel like current gen games don't have anything out on them yet, let alone new ones around the corner.
>>
>>341551832
Yeah. I'll be really surprised to see a 4k Xbox when currently One can barely do 1080.
>>
>>341551221
Did Ps4 show any games that were Co-op or multiplayer at E3? Not bait, legitimate question
>>
>>341549776
ill get ps4 instead because i have a gaming pc
>>
>>341551912
It's because of VR. I don't think Sony and MS anticipated the interest in it to grow so suddenly, so now they need consoles that can handle it
>>
>>341552035
Xbone was designed as a media player, it wasn't really trying to be some mega power. Scorpio is though.

I'm really curious to see if they can pull it off. I mean the original Xbox was the strongest of its gen by quite a margin.
>>
>>341552061
No.
>>
>>341550442
but thats every console
>>
>>341549776
>He didn't play console exclusive multiplats on 360 and Xbox heug
>>
>ps4 kicked the shit out of the xbone hardware and performance wise
>NEO is going to get the shit kicked out of it by the xbone performance and hardware wise

interesting how the tables turned.
>>
>>341550812
I'd imagine they are playing pretty loose with the 6 TFLOPS. Isn't that $199 AMD 480 card 5.5 TFLOPS? Just round it up and you've got your marketing number.
>>
>>341553515
we don't know any of this yet

I can't understand how you people have played video games your entire lives, supposedly on computers, and yet are THIS tech-illiterate
>>
>>341553515
The NEO was pulled from the Sony conferences so they can update it so it can compete with the scorpio, wouldn't be surprised if the come out with a console that's 10 teraflops
>>
>>341554239
Microsoft should just stop making any announcements until Sony products are out the door and on the shelf.
>>
>>341554239
The NEO is launching next year. Pulling back a piece of hardware to "improve it" in a year of its release doesn't happen. It doesn't happen for any product in any industry.

although the fact that you think 10 teraflops for a console is a possibility already shows me that you know nothing about the operational side of product development and manufacturing.
>>
>>341554239
But they said before E3 that the NEO wouldn't be there/talked about.
>>
i'm curious how much /v/ thinks scorpio is going to cost
the lowest i can think of is 500
>>
>>341555614
well if OP's specs are legit, then I can't imagine it would be less than $450.
>>
>>341554376
But then Sony would stop making any announcements until Microsoft products are out the door and on the shelf.

And then neither would release a product ever again.
>>
>>341555614
Most rumours suggest $600. It will be more than the NEO for sure
>>
>>341555902
599 us dollars?
>>
>>341555902
So wait, whats the point of the neo? If it's for 4k gaming then it would need to be just as powerful or around the same level. Is neo just 60 fps box?
>>
>>341554239
Lmao Sony can't afford to compete with MS on this. They will invoke another disaster that was the PS3 pricing.

Honestly their strength is that the Neo is still a ps4, not next gen, so even if they are underpowered compared to MS, it's still the ps4, which had been dominating since day 1.
>>
>>341549776
I have a PC I dont need it. I will probably buy an NX instead and Maybe the Neo if its worth it.
>>
>>341556651
just price it less than scorpio and they'll be fine
>>
I have a PC and with everything coming to W10 anyway, the scorpio is redundant to me.

On the other hand, the Neo will have some exclusives I want to play + allegedly playing better then the vanilla PS4.
>>
File: kill urself lol.jpg (72 KB, 512x640) Image search: [Google]
kill urself lol.jpg
72 KB, 512x640
>>341549776

>4k gaming

I think you mean 4k film, hahaha
>>
>>341549776
Why do you care about Scorpio hardware?
They are going to keep Xbox One quality even with this shit.
>>
>>341556758
this most of the xbox games are heading to pc anyways.
>>
>neo and scorpio

Are consoles finally going to morph into gaming pcs?
>>
is Scorpio supposed to be next-gen?

I thought it was essential a 4k current gen system that has the Xbox One's library.
>>
>>341551832
Does that make it more powerful than the current ps4? I'm beginning to think multiplats are gonna start to look better on the new bone. Gears of war devs said the slight boost enhances the performance of the new gears game.
>>
>>341550684
Its been confirmed. Google faggot do you even?
>>
I'm buying neither, I already have a PS4 and an Xbone. Fuck Sony and MS for this dumb bullshit. If I cared about 4K I'd buy a new monitor for my PC.
>>
only loyal xbox fags would buy this, and even then some might just transfer over to the NEO because they're just losing exclusives, and don't have any good ones either
>>
>>341557102
neo specs hasn't even been formally announced yet
calm your tits
>>
>>341557085
It's a little better, but I don't think there will be that much of a difference still
>>
>>341556968
it has the same library

but you never know, it's fucking microsoft after all

they might do a 180 and start releasing scorpio-exclusive games
>>
>>341557102
how is that confirmed? besides, Sony doesn't plan to release NEO for a while. things can change.
>>
>>341556887
>6 teraflops
>8 cores
>not 4k gaming

its not gonna be maxing out any games but playing them on medium-high settings for sure.
>>
>>341557332
t. retard who has no idea how R&D and manufacturing for business works
>>
>>341557403
>medium-high

not at 60 it isn't
>>
>>341557854
PC rigs with similar specs that don't have games optimized for them like consoles do can run plenty of games at 4k @ 60 FPS and @ medium-high. Some that are even a few years old like bioshock infinite can do this while maxed as well.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.