[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Batman Combat system
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: Arkham City- black mask.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Arkham City- black mask.webm
3 MB, 800x450
What does /v/ think of the Bamham combat system for beat-em-ups? What are the best games that use it (or are obviously influenced by it)?
>>
Boring
>>
>>341547272
too easy
>>
Can't complain. It's better than the Shiity combat in Dark Souls at least.
>>
>>341547272
too primitive and mashing friendly

that's why it's so popular with children
>>
I think Arkham Asylum had the best fight in the game, when you had to fight like 3 of those Titans and a bunch of thugs in a very confined area

Yeah, it's too easy. Batman has like 20 combos or something and only an autistic sperg would ever try to get the achievement for flawlessly using all of them. You can just punch people with your fist, you know, you don't have to show off Batman's ability to weave a basket while performing an interpretive dance and then juggle batarangs while sliding across the floor.
>>
I loved it way more in Shadow of Mordor, even more so because you were actually killing people.
>>
>>341548153
>You can just punch people with your fist, you know, you don't have to show off Batman's ability to weave a basket while performing an interpretive dance and then juggle batarangs while sliding across the floor.
Where is the fun in that? Where is the challenge in that? You get more enjoyment out of the game if you don't play it in the easiest way possible just because you can
>>
endlessly fun
>>
>>341547737
this
>>
It's fun. It helps that they found ways to make it more involved and challenging with each game by introducing new enemy types and weapons that have to be dealt with in certain ways. Mixing them all into some of the bigger brawls, especially ones in the challenge maps, makes it feel pretty intense and amazing when you get through it flawlessly.
>>
>>341547272
I think it is an amazing system for superhero games and games where you play as an unstoppable badass. Sure it seems hard to die (you have to get whittled down first) but they often make you fight so many enemies (and enemies where you can't do anything but dodge their attacks) that sometimes it happens anyway
>>
how is the batman combat in Mad Max?
>>
I personally liked sleepy dog combat more than the batman system, I've only played the first two game though. Admittedly it's been a while since I played, but I recall most fights in batmen just ended up being mashing, since you just snap to the next guy automatically most of the time.
>>
>>341549325

Feels more like Sleeping Dogs, the animations are a lot more deliberate. It feels great to hit things, though.
>>
Doesn't Ryse use it too?
>>
>>341548262
This
That game's ridiculously fun because of that combat and the nemesis system
(not much else)
>>
>>341549325
if you like the batman combat, you'll like this and shadow of mordor. If you like the MM movies you will love every minute of the game except the ending
>>
I think it's okay, but stupid whenever batman is flying across the room.
>>
>>341547272
In the first one it was definitely fun and it didn't get too easy later on in the game. Later games though just gave you too many options and made the fight difficulty trivial, although still fun and satisfying in its own way.
>>
>>341551432
They were far too influenced by Fury Road and it annoyed me. Yes I know they were basically being made side-by-side
>>
>>341547272
I like the Arkham series in general because I'm a batfag. The combat is a good wind down if I spent the entire day playing DMC or something.
>>
Fucking fun. What >>341549068
said.

Yeah most encounters are easy, but Batman shouldn't really have difficulty with 5-10 random mooks. It's how cool you handle the encounter that's entertaining. Since flawless winning is so easy though, It'd be nice if they increased the damage you receive. A punch from a huge thug will hurt, Batman or no.

And like he said, the different enemy types help make the fights that are actually supposed to be tough more fun.
>>
>>341547272
>>341547272

It needs like some sort of free form combat combo input system.

It was too "automated" ?
I can see how people were good and done with it after one batman game.

I usually enjoyed the batman games for the story personally.

Dug the fuck out of conversations while looking at assholes be assholes on a roof top etc.

Now that I think of it I would love to play a fucking Wolverine game with some Noir-like elements that lead into dialog that were a bit open-world ish

Fuck now I want a wolverine game covering an area of events rather then setpiece slices like Origins did.
>>
File: Batgirl.png (382 KB, 424x559) Image search: [Google]
Batgirl.png
382 KB, 424x559
>>
>>341552863
>>341549863
like many modern games this series is making everything to automate combat

this snapping to the nearest enemy thing makes left stick movement redundant and allows that all hits hit the target and player (god forbid) doesn't actually have to move his ass himself

it's in MGR as well and it's very indicative that it is the most popular game of that studio compared to less casualized games
>>
File: Batgirl(2).jpg (199 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
Batgirl(2).jpg
199 KB, 720x405
>>
I hate how Batman always flies across the room to punch someone
>>
I love how Batman always flies across the room to punch someone
>>
>>341549325
I always feel trapped in animations in that game
which kind of works since it means you need to be really deliberate with your moves
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.