[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How am I supposed to beat these guys? I haven't been able
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: ornstein-smough-large.jpg (100 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
ornstein-smough-large.jpg
100 KB, 600x338
How am I supposed to beat these guys? I haven't been able to kill either of ornsteins phases but smough is a piece of cake
>>
Poise and DPS
>>
>>341543746
Get +15 Zweihander, kite around pillars and R2 whenever possible.
>>
Bleed and poison
>>
>>341543746
You want to kill big ornstein because he drops a good item. Assuming you are low leveled and can't just trade hits and chug estus: stay close to him, roll when he attacks then hit him but don't be greedy, and run when he does that electric jumping slam attack. If you're using an electric weapon you might want to switch because he resists that.
>>
>>341543746
you avoid getting hit and then you stab them with your sword

try not to die, that normally helps too
>>
>>341544909
That's the hard part
>>
>>341544575
Where's the zweihander
>>
>>341544886
What exactly does he drop
>>
>>341545838
Really though, you just gotta learn their attacks and respond accordingly. Only attack if it is ssafe. Make sure you're ligh weight enough to do fast rolls. If you need to heal, try having a pillar between you and then so it's harder for them to get to you. Kill the one that is harder for oyu first, so you don't have to fight their super version. Pyromancy and poison arrows are effective too.

If you are a total pussy, you can also summon Solaire to help you out.
>>
>>341546015

graveyard at firelink, you have to wade through the skellies first
>>
>>341543746
>install game
>slashing attacks kill enemies in full plate, mail, and gambeson
>uninstall game
>>
GIT GUD
>>
File: 1457730107834.jpg (38 KB, 540x438) Image search: [Google]
1457730107834.jpg
38 KB, 540x438
>>341544909
HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THIS
>>
>>341546971
this though, if you summon solaire and still can't win, you are pretty awful.
>>
>>341546937

Right?

It bothers me that they got a detail so wrong when Dark Souls was so realistic otherwise.
>>
>>341546505
Does smough stay pretty much the same in second phase? And is drake sword +1 good enough for this
>>
Acquire proficiency
>>
>>341547071
I'm trying not to summon, plus his sign wasn't where I thought it was supposed to be
>>
>>341547160
>drake sword +1
Welp, there is your problem. Your weapon is hot garbage. Get a weapon you like and upgrade it to +10 on the Giant Blacksmith, who is close to the boss room.

Super Smough is mostly the same, but he gets an annoying lightining-charged butt slam that can be hard to avoid.
>>
>>341547114
What really pisses me off is how strong longswords are against plate compared to polearms, maces, etc. It's fucking stupid.

That and you use hunting bows with arrows made for hunting instead of warbows with arrows made for plate, but nobody gets that shit right.
>>
>>341543746
I've beat those fuckers on my second try with fastroll.
Claymore dexbuild ftw.
>>
>>341547453
I got my straight sword and Halbert both to +5 but they don't show up anymore when I go to the blacksmith. I'm pretty sure I already got the ember too
>>
>>341547636
It's been a while since I played, but if I remember right you have to choose the "Ascend Weapon" or whatever option on the blacksmith, then you get the option to bring it to +6.

The ember you need is the Dull Ember, from the Depths
>>
>>341547985
Thanks I'll try that. Do I need to go to Andre to do that tho? Because the giant doesn't have that as an option. Apologies, I'm pretty new to these games
>>
>>341548442
Yeah, it has to be Andre. He can ascend your weapon to +6. Also, i'm full of shit, the ember is called Very Large, not Dull
>>
>>341548707
Alright thanks for the help man
>>
>>341548939
Np anon, good luck
>>
bait ornstein's close ranged combo and then hit enough while he's doing it

stick to super ornstein's legs, just get away when he does the electric buttslam
>>
File: darksouls-megadrive.png (363 KB, 1728x960) Image search: [Google]
darksouls-megadrive.png
363 KB, 1728x960
Since we're here, my son will be born in August and a small dream of mine is to hold him while he sleeps and play Dark Souls.

I've never done a pure magic build and was thinking of trying it, is the game doable with just Faith/Int/Attunement build or whatever? Are O&S killable with essentially no melee attacks?
>>
What is the name of these guys again?
>>
>>341549375
Eat your son to become more powerful
>>
>>341549375
Anything is possible with enough perseverance. Some people play the game with only bows, while others play with donkey kong bongos.
>>
>>341549375
>is the game doable with just Faith/Int/Attunement build or whatever?

Yes, Just look up pyromancy-only runs of the game. But it is reccomended that you keep a melee weapon around too and upgrade then down a path that benefits from your build (like Divine weapons for a faith based character), or just use something like the Moonlight Greatsword.
>>
>>341543746
try harder
>>
>>341549432
Biggie Smalls.
>>
Just kite Ornstein away from Smough to hit a few times. Rinse and repeat.
>>
>>341549432
oreo & smuckers
>>
>>341546505
It's still quite easy with medium rolls
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.