[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will Pokemon ever be this good again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: heartgold-soulsilver.jpg (55 KB, 460x210) Image search: [Google]
heartgold-soulsilver.jpg
55 KB, 460x210
Will Pokemon ever be this good again?
>>
I enjoyed ORAS more. I just didn't like the game engine it was on. Pretty sad that a full 3D game with framerate issues was still faster in combat and movement than this game.
>>
File: black-white-2.jpg (66 KB, 460x207) Image search: [Google]
black-white-2.jpg
66 KB, 460x207
Yes
>>
>>341538480
Can we at least admit Pokemon design went to puke out your nose tier after Gen 3?

Emerald fixed everything, fight me, nerds.
>>
>>341538480
nah, the series peaked with HGSS
>>
>>341538480
WHY DIDN'T THEY LET ME USE THE POKEWALKER WITH FUTURE GAMES

WHYYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
File: 350px-HGSS_Walking_Pokémon.png (126 KB, 350x232) Image search: [Google]
350px-HGSS_Walking_Pokémon.png
126 KB, 350x232
>there will never be pokemon following behind you ever again
>>
Don't you think you're a little old for these games now? Why don't you get a PS4 and pre-order God of War?
>>
>love pokemon
>hate genwun fags
>platinum and hg/ss were peak of series
>be in rapid decline ever since
>faggots on /vp/ worship gen 5 despite the fact is is objectively inferior
It's like reverse gen wun syndrome, you have to support the new shit to the death or your afraid of being called out for nostalgia.
>>
Platinum was the peak of the series. BW2 was really good, but the metagame was so cancerous that I can't bring myself to rank it as the best. Hoenn (emerald really) was the most fun to explore
>>
>>341538480
BW2 is equally good IMO.
Then after those two is Platinum, then BW, then Emerald, etc.

>>341539531
>there are people that defend following Pokémon being removed
>>
BW2 and Platinum were both better. I also personally like the other two remakes more than HGSS because I am incredibly nitpicky over their treatment of Johto in the remakes because Crystal was my first Pokemon game and a lot of tiny inconsistencies or differences make me steaming mad when I think about them for more than a second.
>>
>>341539578
kill yourself

>>341539591
gen 5 was the most fun gen for competitive battles
>>
What sucks most is that those games are still worth plenty now. Complete in box goes for around $100 nearly.
>>
Considering b2/w2 came out like 2 years later yeah
>>
>>341538480
No.
>>
>>341538480
emerald and B2W2 are both better. HGSS is good though.
>>
>>341538480
it was too hard, I couldn't beat it since I didn't feel like grinding random poke encounters (which yield shit all for exp). stuck at the fighting gym leader with their bullshit thunder punches
>>
>>341538796
I was so fucking bored with Black 2 I couldn't even complete it. Maybe having the hard mode accessable from the begining would have helped. Lmfao
>>
>>341541818
>pokemon game is too hard

wtf am i reading
>>
Platinum > HG/SS > Emerald > FR/LG > BW2 > RS > BW1 > D/P
Haven't played past BW2.
>>
>>341541818
kek
>>
>>341541989
>beat game
>have to find someone with the other game to access
Seriously, who thought this shit through?
>>
File: 025Pikachu_AG_anime_4.png (64 KB, 1254x1254) Image search: [Google]
025Pikachu_AG_anime_4.png
64 KB, 1254x1254
>>341538480
Considering that every game that has come out since was better, I'd say so. The only worse game is DP.
>>
>>341542314
bad opinion
>>
>>341538480
>You will never again wear the pedometer while in high school gym class and mystery gift the other people you saw with it
>>
>Every single Pokemon game since HG/SS has been shit

Outlook not so good, OP.
>>
>>341542314
OR/AS not completely disapointing garbage
>>
>>341541818
Nigga the game gave you 3 ways to level your pokemon, grinding, taking your fat ass for a stroll, or rematching or rare candy.

DOing so without fucking up your EVs, now thats the bullshit part.

HS / SS witha way to control how your pokemon gains stats is literally all they need to do por actual perfection.

Sun and Moon look like perfection. I won't be buying it because I felt too old for the series when I was 21 and I was playing HG in college when I was not studying.

I honestly want to have enough money to have a fmaily and play vidya again with my kids. My dad taught me how to build a computer when I was a kid, and we played Age of Empires on Lan mode. I want to do the same.
>>
>>341539578
Maybe he's too old for God of War.
>>
>>341542481
ORAS could've been great if it wasn't blatantly rushed and also had the Frontier and Gym Rematches from Emerald. My favorite example of it being blatantly pushed out the door is

>first three towns examining the signs with the town slogan makes the camera zoom out to show the whole town and pan over it in Petalburg's case
>no town afterwards does this

I enjoyed it enough though. It did do some good things in my opinion.
>>
>>341544094

I feel like if ORAS had actually done the Frontier end game content, people would consider it the best Pokemon yet.

Despite the legion of other complaints people throw at ORAS, almost all of them can be attributed to other Pokemon games as well. And some of the complaints are just not even founded. ORAS had faster combat than Gen IV and V games. Massive improvement to breeding. Being able to see pokemon in grass before interacting with them was great. Towns and NPC interaction was better than the original Emerald. etc.

Its really just the framerate issues and no battle frontier.
>>
>>341538480

Yeah, in ORAS
>>
>>341539238

No, it was always shit

You were too autistic and young to notice back then
>>
>>341545768
I pretty much agree with that. Though with the framerate at least the overworld runs a bit smoother than XY does, XY had fairly common brief stutters but ORAS I never noticed any in the overworld.
>>
>>341538480
I can only hope.
HGSS a best.
>>
File: 1455229662086.jpg (41 KB, 592x754) Image search: [Google]
1455229662086.jpg
41 KB, 592x754
>free pokewalker to unlock new pokemon that weren't in the base game, but you still have to earn them
>game actually made harder, not easier, for returning players
>added more new stuff than they removed, so we get pokeathlons, pokemon that follow you, etc.
>kanto trainers actually challenging now
>special item that lets you listen to the GBC soundtrack

Truly the best pokemon games. Prove me wrong.
>>
HGSS and Platinum were the peak for Pokemon. B2W2 comes in close. Everything following that has been underwhelming.
>>
>>341549167
>GBC soundtrack's sound font is off and some tracks aren't accurate in composition to the original

GB Sounds is just a slap to the face for me
>>
>>341539531
This feature being gone is the sole reason why I didn't bother with Black and White, and subsequently fell out from the series till X & Y came out. I probably won't get Sun or Moon either. Nintendo fucked up if they wanted my money.
>>
>>341549167
Pokewalker was an Chris Chan tier gimmick. Also, Emerald was harder than HG and SS.
>>
>>>/vp/
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.