[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where were you when Aonuma and Fujibayashi saved Zelda?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: minish01[1].jpg (31 KB, 314x235) Image search: [Google]
minish01[1].jpg
31 KB, 314x235
Where were you when Aonuma and Fujibayashi saved Zelda?
>>
File: aonumafujubayashi.png (257 KB, 1225x1078) Image search: [Google]
aonumafujubayashi.png
257 KB, 1225x1078
Also to stop Anti-Aonuma shitposters
>>
>>341530467
Watching as they destroyed it for the last 15 years.
>>
>>341531668
Hidemaro Fujibayashi's first console Zelda was Skyward Sword, his previous games were the Oracle games and Minish Cap
>>
>>341530467
So after over a decade of Aomuma ruining the series, he's making baby steps to correct his mistakes? This is also based on just what we've seen; Nintendo only showed us the 'good' parts they wanted.
>>
File: Caged_ghost.png (2 KB, 166x203) Image search: [Google]
Caged_ghost.png
2 KB, 166x203
>>341530467
>Saved Zelda
>By changing it's genre

The ironing is delicious
>>
>>341532112
>Nintendo only showed us the 'good' parts they wanted.

They literally just showed the beginning of the game.
>>
>“We realized that having something on the GamePad and looking back and forth between the TV screen and the GamePad actually disrupts the gameplay, and the concentration that the game player may be experiencing,” Aonuma said. “You have your car’s GPS system on your dash. If you had it down in your lap, you’re going to get into an accident!” Still, you can play the game entirely on the GamePad screen, if you like. Considering how vast the world is, it would keep you from monopolizing the TV.

>yfw
>>
>>341532969
http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/aonuma-hand-holding-in-zelda-isnt-fun
"I think that one thing all game developers worry about when they're putting something into a game is, 'Will people notice it? Will people realize what they're supposed to do?' And we kind of have a bad habit of hand-holding, trying to make things easier for everyone," said Aonuma. "But more and more, I start to think that that kind of isn't actually that fun."
>>
>>341532791
How did they change the genre?
The exact same basic principles are there, they just removed the barrier and added survival elements.
>>
>>341532791
What was the genre before, and what is it now? Because I'm pretty sure it's the same genre it has always been.
>>
Reminder that Miyamoto was the one who desperately wanted motion controls in Skyward Sword
Reminder that Miyamoto was the one who kept halting Twilight Princess development and upheaving months of development and resulting in what we got
Reminder that Star Fox Zero is how Miyamoto takes a game back to its roots and Breath of the Wild is how Aonuma takes a game back to its roots.
>>
File: aonuma__banner-auto-cropping[1].jpg (111 KB, 650x342) Image search: [Google]
aonuma__banner-auto-cropping[1].jpg
111 KB, 650x342
>>341534112
http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/miyamoto-took-a-step-back-from-the-developement-of-breath-of-the-wild
>>
>>341534112

it's time for miyamoto to retire.
>>
File: Kimishima-Nintendo_09-14-15.jpg (72 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
Kimishima-Nintendo_09-14-15.jpg
72 KB, 600x338
>>341535321
A tragic car accident has been arranged.
>>
soniccycle.jpg
>>
>>341534112
there were a lot of things wrong with skyward sword, but the motion controls weren't one of them. all the items felt pretty fucking great in that game.
>>
>>341533590
Well, at least they finally got it. Maybe that also explains the lack of a companion as well.
>>
>>341535587
How many Zelda's could you even apply that to? TP and SS, basically, and while they both have their issues (TP especially) neither is exactly awful.
>>
>>341534112
Aonuma isn't blameless on TP. He admits he left the project unsupervised because he focused too much on Minish Cap, which caused development to stagnate.
>>
>>341531909
And those games were great. Honestly, if BotW turns out to be good then I'm gonna just assume that SS was affected by things outside of his control.
>>
>>341535321
Agreed, I love him and what he did for the industry, but he's 63, and just not on his game anymore.
>>
File: modern day zelda boss.jpg (70 KB, 624x688) Image search: [Google]
modern day zelda boss.jpg
70 KB, 624x688
>>341530467
We're not out of the woods yet.
>>
>>341536601
but TP and SS being subpar means there hasn't been a good console Zelda in fucking 15 years
>>
>>341536914
I think Skyward Sword was just them being out of touch with what the fans wanted and Fujibayashi's inexperience with console games.
Everyone has to remember that Nintendo becoming involved with their fans and being active in watching social media and reactions is a very new thing in the grand scheme of things. Since he started in Majora's Mask Aonuma has essentially been sheltered away from feedback while Miyamoto told him what to do. He didn't even know about the Toon Link backlash after Wind Waker until someone told him, and he was confused.
So basically, after seeing him listen with this game, the other teams in Nintendo have NO EXCUSE for the shit they're putting out.
>>
File: 1458547130951.png (1 MB, 1019x881) Image search: [Google]
1458547130951.png
1 MB, 1019x881
I liked all the Zelda games.
>>
>>341537906
Me too.
>>
>>341537906
Me too. I can say that some have been lackluster in certain aspects, but overall I've enjoyed all of them.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.