[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No Man's Sky
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: generic dinosaur number 12.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
generic dinosaur number 12.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
This is supposed to release in August and Sony didn't even bother showing it off at E3. Are we going to see yet another delay?
>>
>>341527920
Sony's aware that people are slowly realizing that NMS is going to be garbage, so they're not shilling it anymore.
>>
Only Nintendo shows off games they first showed years ago pretending they're new
>>
>>341528556
This, though garbage may be a bit harsh. It's going to be a game with practically nothing meaningful to do, the only novelty will be how big it is. For some they will get untold amount of time played on it, for most others they will get bored after a couple hours. It's really foolish that they are charging more then $20 for it.
>>
It will not be released, money is made via pre-order, and there is legal contract to release the game, it was never intended to be released, they never even made the game.
>>
>>341527920
It's more likely that the delay itself is the reason they didn't appear at E3.

The game was only delayed by a month and 20 days, I doubt they have to delay it again if that's all the time they thought they needed for this supposed extra polish.
>>
>>341527920
Why would they?
They would just show the exact same shit they showed the last two years. I.E. fucking nothing.

Then morons will hail it as the second coming of the golden age of gaming just to whine cry bitch and moan that is was a shallow piece of shit and proclaim Blunder of the Century because they weren't around when SWTOR was in development.

Game will be shallow crap. Nobody should be surprised. Everyone should just move on.
>>
>>341528758
Like this year with Scalebound, Final Fantasy XV, The Last Guardian, For Honor, Mass Effect. Oops, would you look at that, every main E3 attendee did that again.
>>
It's a meme game, so who fucking cares.
>>
>>341528953
Nintendo managed to do it without a single reveal. Oops, I'm forgetting about Ever Oasis.
>>
Can someone explain how this indieshit got such a marketing budget?
>>
>>341528556
I dunno anon, it looks like the sort of "2deep4u" game that any idiot could pick up and understand that video-game sites eat up.
>>
>>341529158
Maybe Sony accidentally thought it was cinematic
>>
>>341527920
>>341528556
>>341528783
Calm down you contrarians, its over exposured no point in showing it for the 50th time like they did at every gaming convention
>>
Yep, this game is never going to come out
>>
>>341529207
XD XD XD XD
>>
>>341529196
What?
It's just a damn space exploration game.

Where are people getting all these weird reasons to shit on it?

I'm not even saying it'll be good or bad, I'm just so confused about the reaction. It doesn't look like anything terrible or outlandish to me.

You go on random planets, fight shit, collect shit, find lore objects, and whatever else. What is so controversial exactly?
>>
>>341529463
It was shilled like a Sony exclusive for a while and overhyped. I bet people wouldn't be shitting on it if it didn't receive this treatment.
>>
>>341529335
>over exposed
If it is than I really don't want to play the game.
That everything they have showed us in the last few years was basically the entire jist of the game. Why the fuck would I ever want to play something so shallow?
>>
>>341529634
i'd still be shitting on it because it looks like nothing.
>>
>>341529463
It's not controversial but from what I can tell it's just another game about walking around and looking at the pretty environment.

It's more impressive I'll give you that but overall looks a bit dull. As for the "2deep4u" statement, almost every game like this tries to throw in an attempt at a thought provoking and/or meta analytical story that is almost never well written.
>>
I just hope somebody scans the artbook that comes with the limited edition on PS4, I'm getting it on PC so I can't get it

>>341529827
>That everything they have showed us in the last few years was basically the entire jist of the game.

It's not though. You'd know this if you actually read interviews.
>>
>>341530070
>it's just another game about walking around and looking at the pretty environment

It doens't strike me as that kind of game in the least. Not even close. It reminds me more of Elite. A very open sandbox game, though possibly a shallow one. But it is at least attempting to be a traditional kind of game with combat, upgrades, and survival stuff.
>>
>>341530108
If I trusted the game I would have gotten that PC limited edition with the model. Unfortunately I don't expect the dev to deliver.
>>
>>341530297
I hope you're right but my gut just has a bad feeling about it.

If it sounds too impressive to be true, it usually is.
>>
File: imagine.png (334 KB, 696x559) Image search: [Google]
imagine.png
334 KB, 696x559
>>341527920
>metroid prime-like no man sky
>>
>>341530108
>read the interviews.
The ones that perpetuate everything we have all seen already?

Basically setting in stone that you can do pretty much everything there is to do in the in an hour?

I didn't expect much from Hello Games but I at least expected NMS to be as deep as Joe danger. Not less.
>>
>>341531262
The interviews explicitly state though that they are avoiding showing off as much as they can and want people to go in knowing as little as possible, but in spite of that, have described plenty of features and game mechanics they haven't shown off in video yet, or only breifly shown off.

Such as how factions work and missions for them.
>>
Wasn't it just delayed like 3 weeks ago?
>>
>>341531602
How can you be over exposed yet tell people you have shown them nothing.
That's just marketing jargon for "We have shown you basically everything and we are afraid you don't want it now so we are not going to show anything anymore in hopes you think there is more to look at"
>>
>delay a game just so you can show it at e3 for the third time
would have been super genius
>>
>>341532000
>How can you be over exposed yet tell people you have shown them nothing.

Because the devs intended for it to be this niche title that they were making because it was their dream game. They never intended for it to get pimped out.

But then they had their studio flood and sony helped out in exchange for being able to shill the fuck out of the game.

That's why it's being overhyped and shoved down people's throats, while at the same time not showing much off.
>>
>>341532834
I don't buy it.
The game will end up shallow and I will feel perfectly fine when the rest of the idiots fall for cheap marketing tricks.
>>
NMS doesn't demo well, at all. We've seen it every year since 2013, they are not wasting conference time on a multi-platform that can't demo well
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.