[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Battlefield 1 looks awesome and brings back the destruction
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 12
File: 1464244247284.jpg (801 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1464244247284.jpg
801 KB, 1920x1200
>Battlefield 1 looks awesome and brings back the destruction that's been missing since Bad Company 2
>Titanfall 2 looks way better than 1 and looks like it'll have a fun single-player campaign too
>Both by EA

I'm so conflicted guys...
>>
>>341517873
Battlefield 1 got me as soon as they went away from the modern warfare bullshit, it does look like BF1942 in Frostbyte and that's all i care about.

they do need to get rid of the stupid female robotic voice though.

i don' give a fuck about titan fall.
>>
>>341517873
Battlefield 1 will just be typical battlefield with WW1 paint, and people will eat it up because it's something "new"
>>
>>341518296
>Battlefield 1 will just be typical battlefield with WW1 paint

how the fuck is that a bad thing? Why fix something that isn't broken?
>>
>>341518782
When people said they wanted a WWI shooter, they meant WWI shooter. Not 'WW1-themed'.
>>
>>341519417
This
>>
>>341518782
Because they're making a game about a war that happened 100 years ago and was different from the wars everyone is familiar with now. People hyped for this want an actual WW1 game, not a modern war game with a WW1 skin.
>>
>>341517873
>Both by EA
>I'm so conflicted guys...

there is no reason to be conflicted faggot. They will find a way to make it suck balls with retarded offending dlc preorder shit or something.
>>
>>341519417
when people said they wanted a WW1 shooter they forgot the ridiculous limitations of weaponry and vehicles from that era.

People want something they'd get bored of after a short time.

I think They should have made it WW2 but the way they made it is close enough and it looks pretty fucking fun.
>>
>>341520314
Nah senpai. World War 1 shooters are great fun if you don't have ADHD.
>>
>>341520314
I don't think anyone that wants a WW1 shooter forgot about that, the devs just wanted to make the game marketable to everyone that plays shooters while still having a "fresh" idea.
>>
>>341520314
>they forgot the ridiculous limitations of weaponry and vehicles from that era.
Anon, WW1 was the testbed for more experimental weapons and vehicles than practically any other conflict in history.
>>
>>341520529
there were barely any weapon variety and vehicles were almost non existent.

How do you make a Battlefield game to last a few years without those two things?
>>
>>341520842
Easy, don't make a battlefield WWI game.
>>
>>341520529
Name two WW1 shooters for starters
>>
>>341520136
No, I wanted a fun game with a WWI theme. That's exactly what this is.

An 'authentic' WWI game would be dull as fuck.
>>
>>341520842
You make a WWII game instead
>>
>>341520718
the problem was that those experimental things were kept to a minimum within battles.
>>
>tfw BF will never return to its roots
>we will never again experience the greatness that was BF1942-2/2142
BC 1 and 2 were both good games but that's when they started to deviate from the previous games more than I liked. BF3 was the last straw
>>
>>341517873
6 month rule to patch up BF1, Titanfall 2 should be good from the get go, unless it's still random server matchmaking.
>>
>>341521039
Verdun
Ace of Spades
>>
>>341521039
D-d-d-delete this!
>>
>>341521137
and i'd be happy as fuck with that, it would be ideal, but after watching the gameplay i'd say it's close enough.

I'm out of the teen infested modern warfare setting and that's the best part of it, no more magic thermal vision and magical heatseeking rockets and magical tank armour.
>>
>>341521384
I guessed you would name those two but AoS hardly counts
>>
>>341521145
Yes, and the MP18 only saw conflict in the last few months of the war, and only a few thousand were made. Yet lo and behold, everyone's running around with MP18s.
>>
>>341518279
It looks like 1942 minus all the gameplay depth.
>>
>>341521584
It's almost like people don't drive around blowtorching people with EOD bots either
>>
>>341521384
>name a WW1 game
>names minecraft with guns

fucking toppest of all keks
>>
>>341519417
>>341520136
Expecting Red Orchestra 2 from the Battlefield franchise. WHY? Battlefield has always been fast paced. People don't want to play a game where you sit in a trench waiting for a 3 min bum rush and then respawn. You people literally want a game where you play Operation Metro on every map but with bolt action rifles and artillery.
>>
>>341521790
>minus all the gameplay depth

such as?
>>
>>341520314
Mount and Blade: Warband is pretty popular and that is pre-WWI. It's not necessarily the same as Battelfield, but there isn't a huge variety of weapons and the only vehicle, that I remember at least, is a horse.
>>
>battlefield 1
>dont even have the french in the fucking game even though the french lost more men in that one war than america has in every single war in its entire history combined
>>
File: wYHqqIv.jpg (114 KB, 1547x535) Image search: [Google]
wYHqqIv.jpg
114 KB, 1547x535
>>341517873
WE
>>
>>341521914
There were a lot of WW1 battles that weren't what you described. In fact most battles weren't except the bigger earlier ones and even then the battles like the somme were really a huge collection of smaller clashes and skirmishes that happened over months and involved lots of close ranging fighting
>>
>>341521914
this

Battlefield is Battlefield regardless of the skin it has. Battlefield players want a FPS warfare game with vehicles, we don't give a fuck about realism, we don't give a fuck about historical accuracy.

We want to ram battleships into plane carriers, we want to wing-walk on planes, we want to go fullretard with jeeps full of explosives.

The setting gets old, the gameplay doesn't, so why change the gameplay to fit the setting?

The way people seem to be complaining about BF1 makes it look like they want Arma in WW1 instead of BF in WW1.
>>
>>341522881
You can have Battlefield in WW1, they just need to not be fucking idiots about it. The tanks move way to fucking fast and there are way to many people with LMG's and SMG's. Just put a god damn fucking limit on the automatic weapons and make tanks slower and have actual game modes that have represented battle lines or have a big emphasis on attacking and defending. Battlefield 1 is just lazy, it's hey we dont want to do WW2 so we'll do WW1 but it may as well just be WW2 because we only care about the last 2 months of WW1 which were essentially just WW2 tier battles.
>>
>>341522703
no one gives a shit about your /pol/ struggles, we just want to drive tanks into houses.
>>
>>341523295

t. cuck

I'm sure you want Tyrone to drive his dick into your wife too
>>
>>341523450
How is he a cuck?
>>
>>341523258
>way to many people with LMG's and SMG's
i'll give you that one, but that's a scar left by 3 consequent games set in Modern Warfare setting which brought all the "n0sc0p3" kiddies into the franchise.

sadly i don't think a BF game would survive today without that stupid shit.
>>
>>341523550

>Niggers are too stupid to make their own games and include themselves as protagonist
>Let white cucks do it
>White cucks are too beta to call this bullshit out and not support it
>not a cuck

Literally a cuck, probably doesn't care if a nigger fucks his wife either.
>>
>>341523550
>black man fighting for germany in WW1
>somehow this is okay

It's actually almost ironic, the french had a bunch of black colonial soldiers but dice isn't including them right away, they could have entire armies of black people if they included the french but instead they rather just make history up and make random soldiers black.
>>
File: 1402777340834.png (12 KB, 378x366) Image search: [Google]
1402777340834.png
12 KB, 378x366
Not particularly intrigued. Battlefield series has degraded pretty badly over the last few iterations and the full game will cost you $100+with all the DLC shit. By the time it's affordable, the next game will be out.

As for Titanfall 2, I have yet so see any indication that they fixed the glaring flaws from the first game.
>>
>>341523450
you should watch your attitude when you talk about your mother, young man.
>>
>>341523753
You know there's multiple protagonist, right?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19hohCtdJ4Y
Neat.

Sidenote: Blacks in the german army was only in labor battalions.
>>
>>341517873
>Brings back the destruction

On four maps. With a shitty World War 1 gimmick that isn't even historically accurate. What the fuck is the point of playing a game from a historical context if you're not even going to have some manner of accuracy? They may as well made a steampunk battlefield and called it a fucking day.
>>
>>341517873
Ehh, driftor mentioned how aerial speed and strafe capabilities were toned down. I Forgot if he noticed less people jumping around. Perks, weapon unlocks, and general unlock progRession faggotry, though custom mechs sounds fun in concept.
>>
Hundreds of millions of dollars, possibly billions have gone into the development of Frostbite by all of the studios EA owns. They started this like 6+ years ago and it's finally paid off in the past couple of years.

I still won't buy any of their shit because I don't want to deal with Origin. And I'm not fooled by graphics, the gameplay is always shit.
>>
>>341523868

Yes so let's make the one in the cover a black man because muh poor blacks who need representation.

There's literally no reason for whites to give a shit about representing shitskins ever, under any context: They don't make the majority of the sales, they are not the ones who designed the game, they were largely irrelevant in WW1 besides a bunch of platoons, WW1 was still a war fought mostly by whites.

If you defend this, you're a cuck, period, no buts, no ifs, C U C K.
>>
>>341523707
It would survive just fine if it was balanced properly. There were plenty of semi auto rifles in ww1. You don't need all bolt actions and if you didn't want a game without automatics then you shouldn't have done a fucking WW1 setting.
>>
>>341523776
There were female storm troopers without helmets on Battlefront.

i don't even care about german niggers in WW1 after something like that.
>>
>>341524142
Why do you give a shit about the cover?
>>
>>341524142
How about the creative freedom of the artist? Aren't you /pol/acks into that? Or does that only count when Milo gets his twitter deleted again?
>>
>>341524039
>caring about any historical accuracy in BF

if you clearly have never played a Battlefield game why should you care to begin with?
>>
>>341522089
Actually playing as a team and having a commander issuing orders and helping out your team.

Modern gamers needing progressions in a game absolutely destroyed the concept of traditional Battlefield games and turned them into Call of Duty casual bullshit.
>>
>>341524230
Because I love my nation and want it to continue unchanged in the form that I love.
>>
>>341524294
>How about the creative freedom of the artist?

Exactly. The only reason for this to happen is if some cuck willingly does it, which is no different than willingly letting your wife get fucked by another man.

Everyone here calls people who fap to NTR cucks, so how is this any different? You're still enabling it.
>>
>>341524165
They should have made it WW2, but then you'd have all the modern warfare kiddies complaining about WW2 games being overdone 10 years ago even after all last 3 Battlefield games being in modern setting.
>>
File: 1466026019396.jpg (516 KB, 895x895) Image search: [Google]
1466026019396.jpg
516 KB, 895x895
>>341524294
>Milo gets his twitter deleted again?
>caring about twitter drama

Not him but it's getting a bit ridiculous with all the forced injections of "colour".

As long as I'm not forced to play a black man I really don't care.
>>
>>341524176
Same, it sucks but I'm not going to miss out on a game I want to play just because they added niggers. I mean it would be great if it was at least somewhat historically accurate but for me it's not a deal breaker
>>
>>341524417
>commander
>traditional battlefield

the fuck? Was BF2 your first BF game?
>>
File: 1398858187447.jpg (52 KB, 600x604) Image search: [Google]
1398858187447.jpg
52 KB, 600x604
>>341524518
>having a black guy on the cover of a video game is the same as letting your wife get fucked by another man
>>
>>341517873
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPSN9sTQCf4&feature=youtu.be&t=7472
Whoa....
>>
>>341524562
Then everyone will get bored of Battlefield 1 very very quickly because people will eventually realize it's just a WW2 game with weapons and vehicles that were prototypes and earlier versions of their WW2 counterparts
>>
>Titanfall 2 will be fucking doomed to die because EA Origin

I honestly feel sorry for the devs, the first Titanfall was an excellent game but an incredibly poorly timed and poorly handled one.
>>
>Titanfall 2 looks way better than 1
Did you miss the part where the speedy movement system has been slowed down considerably compared to the first game, literally the one redeeming factor of said game?
>>
File: SecretWeaponsCover.png (141 KB, 250x355) Image search: [Google]
SecretWeaponsCover.png
141 KB, 250x355
Secret weapons of ww1 when?

>>341524743
It's shit, you just know Sven sat in his office desperately trying to find blacks in the war, and made some low input blacks who only served in a very very marginal part of the war the cover boy.

It's incredibly political.
>>
>>341524743
this is /v/

most fucks here have never even spoke to a female, much less grasping at the concept of having a wife.
>>
>>341524918
Battlefield 1 is essentially secret weapons of ww1, it has a bunch of weapons that are period appropriate but were never used and the vehicles are way to quick for the period.
>>
>>341519417
No they didn't. No one wants a WW1 shooter. No one wants a shooter that is ever even remotely realistic from any era, because actual real world combat is fucking boring (for a game anyway, I'm sure it's plenty exciting when you're the one whose head could explode at any moment). 99% of it is firing at dirt and rock in order to scare the enemies behind that dirt and rock into keeping their heads down. For hours and hour and hours and hours, leapfrogging slowly forward group by group until someone is close enough to lob a grenade in and end it.

It's not glorious. It's not fun. It's not even particularly interactive. It's slow and tedious and when it goes right you don't see a single bit of actual man-on-man combat. It would genuinely be the worst game ever and it would be panned universally by both critics and players alike.

Realism is actively bad for shooters.
>>
>>341517873
That's my desktop background anon
>>
>>341524851
>it's just a WW2 game with weapons and vehicles that were prototypes and earlier versions of their WW2 counterparts

close enough to a WW2 game for me, like i said before:

No modern warfare = Good
>>
BF1 looks literally like BF4 just in a different setting. Aka casualized baby shit. Graphics don't even look better.
>>
File: 1465720988255.jpg (92 KB, 576x337) Image search: [Google]
1465720988255.jpg
92 KB, 576x337
>>341524970
>/v/
>Not having a waifu
>>
>>341524683
fug, no
But that seemed like a great improvement. I spent most of my time in 42 and thought it had it too. Time blurs then because a lot of my clan played bothed games for quite a few years. Anyone, the teamplay still stands. Playing as a team is dead in modern games since it's strictly because death match with conquest on the side for a majority of players since they didn't play those games.
>>
DO NOT REPLY TO MUH KEK SHITPOSTER AND MOVE ON WITH YOUR DISCUSSION
>>
>tanks go at 50mph
>everyone runs around with prototype full/semi auto weapons from late 1918
>zeppelins are somehow superweapons with autocanons
>Russia and France aren't even in the game
>maps are the usual DICE sandbox chaos

It's literally a Battlefield 4 reskin
>>
File: 1465424655000.gif (565 KB, 367x265) Image search: [Google]
1465424655000.gif
565 KB, 367x265
>>341525143
>Forcing players to fight with bolt actions and pistols versus a few players with SMG's, tanks, Semi-automatics, and flamethrowers can make things interesting.

>Desperately holding your ground on a hill or whatever with only bolt actions except 1 machinegunner

Moments like those are what made RO2 for me.
>>
>>341524743

>I'm a cuck who can't connect the dots!

Why do you think the "carl the cuck" meme was made? do you think he literally lets his wife get fucked by niggers? Well, we don't know, but based on his attitude we can infer he does.

The exact same thing applies here.
>>
>>341525453
I'm fine with all that shit except Russia and France not being in the game. I get they have to make the game fun but for fucks sake how do you exclude both france and fucking russia the two countries who had probably the biggest impact on the war.
>>
>>341525247
>Time blurs then because a lot of my clan played both games for quite a few years. Anyway, the teamplay still stands. Playing as a team is dead in modern games since it's strictly became death match with conquest on the side for a majority of players since they didn't play those games, or never played a PC game before 200x
>>
>>341525493
Can you repeat that in English and try to at least make it sound like an argument?
>>
>>341525042
realism is fucking terrible, but there is an audience for it.

I tried playing Project Reality or whatever it was called for BF once.

Every fucking fat fuck army guy wannabe was imitating military speaking in chat.

I was warned to "read the manual of the mod" in order to be a proper soldier.

i got kicked from every match for not talking and acting realistically as a soldier.

seriously, there are people like that out there, good thing is they are a tiny tiny minority.
>>
>>341517873

i as well thought they look nice

unfortunately i wont be buying stuff that make me install their cancerous platform (Origin)
>>
>>341523827
It has a singleplayer campaign and clearly a lot more content and customization. The lack of those is what made people abandon titanfall 1.
>>
File: ZAqlXJSh.jpg (56 KB, 1024x578) Image search: [Google]
ZAqlXJSh.jpg
56 KB, 1024x578
>>341525721

This guy, everyone was calling him a cuck despite the fact no one knows if he lets his wife get fucked by other men or not.

Being a cuck is not just about letting your wife get fucked, your attitude also clearly reveals whether you're a cuck or not.
>>
>>341525632
>I'm fine with all that shit except Russia and France not being in the game

as much as i'm liking BF1 that shit still gets me, not because it is not in the game, but because it is as future full jew mode DLC
>>
>>341525746
sounds like you need to git gud

nobody actually milsims in Project Reality, you were just a faggot who didn't want to play with your team
>>
Do you guys think there will be tunneler missions?
>>
>>341526128
What's worse is they have France in the campaign and they will probably have russia in the campaign but they'll just sell the assets later. It's one of the few thinks that actually makes me sperg out like an autist but seriously, how the fuck in WW1 do you not include both France and Russia. WW1 was literally Germany vs France and Germany vs Russia for the first little while. Not having France in WW1 is the same as having a WW2 game with just France and Italy fighting.
>>
>>341526134
>nobody actually milsims in Project Reality

kek
>>
>>341526083
>If you are not bothered with black people on the cover of a video game, you're a numale cuck

nice SJW logic, take your idenitity politics back to your containment board
>>
Battlefield games have always been arcadey and non realistic. Also, Battlefield 4 isn't bad at all. Maybe at release it was shit, but DICE LA has fixed a lot. What needs to be toned down, though, is the speed. Everything that came after BF2142 has had increased speed. Most people that play these games like it that way, though.
>>
>>341526482
I have like 300 hours in PR, never happened to me. Unless you consider "talking to your squad via microphone" milsim.
>>
>>341526547
The biggest problem of recent Battlefield titles is the non-linear approach to map design and respawning. Maps are essentially square open sandboxes with flags and you can spawn fucking everywhere. Even in rush mode, matches have little to no structure. Everyone just scoots around the map and fucks about.
>>
>>341526493

So you finally understand why you're a cuck then? good.

> not bothered

you should be outraged, at the very least worried or disgusted. Literally not bothered? lmfao cuck
>>
>>341517873
don't, it's EA. They alredy fucked it up by making the french forces a DLC in BF1, which is ironic since they were involved in the war for a longer period than the US were.
http://www.pcgamer.com/french-forces-will-be-premium-dlc-for-battlefield-1/
>>
>>341526547
>DICE LA has fixed a lot
>it still takes 400 rockets and an entire team to kill two tanks working as a team in BF4

BF4 is a fucking unbalanced tankfest and it goes against the basic "rock paper scissors" basics of BF.

Tanks in BF4:
+very fast
+turns even faster
+takes more than 5 rockets to be destroyed
+thermal vision highlights mines, c4 and soldiers
+active shield makes it invencible for a short time
+auto repairs

- It doesn't fly
- doesn't float on water
-doesn't climb buildings

At least in BF1 vehicles seem to be more vulnerable to attacks like in older BF games and Hardline.
>>
>>341526665
>I have like 300 hours in PR, never happened to me

sure buddy
>>
>>341527124
>you should be outraged, at the very least worried or disgusted at black people on video game covers

Could you say that sentence to your mother with a straight face?
>>
>>341527536
he doesn't talk with his parents because they don't understand him. Only Asuka-Chan understands him, she is kawaii and loves him very much, she knows his parents are BAKAS!
>>
File: 1465873685750.jpg (8 KB, 200x192) Image search: [Google]
1465873685750.jpg
8 KB, 200x192
>>341527817
>>
>>341517873
>LE EA boogeyman meme!

Kill your self
Only bad EA game has been hardline
>>
>>341528226
>>
>>341527350
>both tanks get raped by a dedicated pilot in either an attack chopper or an attack jet
nothing can stop an airchav, it can dominate a game by himself while being virtually untouchable by anti-air unless there's another good airchav in the opposite team or it's a map with a MAA user who would actually shoot at planes and not at infantry0

Thank god no more helistomping in BF1
>>
>>341528226
it's funny how everyone i know who hated hardline loved it after they actually played the damn thing.

bandwagons are a real issue.
>>
NO FRANCE ON RELEASE
NO RUSSIA ON RELEASE
THANKS, SWEDEN
>>
>>341528709
>wanting to play as a frog

White flags are DLC weapons i think.
>>
>>341517873
>same rehashed shit theyve been shitting out for the past 10 years

oh ya and their servers wont work on release too. have fun :)
>>
File: Verdun.png (77 KB, 320x811) Image search: [Google]
Verdun.png
77 KB, 320x811
>>341528856
Nice meme, retard.
>>
>>341528897
>have a recipy that works perfectly
>we should change it because that one guy on 4chan calls it rehashed

if they they changed it then it wouldn't really be "Battlefield" now would it, Chucklefuck?
>>
>>341521914

>Battlefield has always been fast paced
>>
>>341528493
I played it because no tanks. I loved it. What I didn't like?

Pathetic unlock system. Can't get X weapon unless you get Y achievement. The sniper rifle one? Get 4 kills within range of one of your spy cams! Okay, easy enough, right? Oh.. .Wait... That only counts as 1 (ONE) 'assist'. You need 15 of these. So 60 kills with your cam...

And since everybody else is doing this, you end up never getting them.

I ended up helping 3 players cheat to get theirs, then went "I can't be assed lads to get mine" and quit.

I then bought a DLC weapon pack, thinking it'd include it, it didn't. Oh well, I thought, it'll include the next weapons! It didn't.

Also, fuck Battlefront. Battlefield 1 looks OK and since, to the best of my knowledge, it's more like Hardline than BF4, I'm tempted.
>>
>>341529346
>I then bought a DLC weapon pack,

now why the fuck would you fucking do that?
>>
>>341528425
I seriously can't counter homing missiles in a heli and there's so many of them
>>
>>341529225
>if they they changed it then it wouldn't really be "Battlefield" now would it, Chucklefuck?
Good. The gaming industry is long overdue some variety.

Also, it's spelled "Recipe".
>>
>>341529896
>Good. The gaming industry is long overdue some variety

and that is spelled "if you don't like a game, go play another game instead of trying to change the first game"
>>
>it's a "Battlefield fans show what ignorant children they are " thread

How can you retards still eat up this shit
>>
>>341530151
I bet you're one of the retards who complained about CoD being the same thing over and over, aren't you? EAdrones are fucking delusional.
>>
>>341530662
>>341530673
god forbid people like a game series
Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.