[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else looking forward to TF2?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: Titanfall-2-640x353.jpg (18 KB, 640x353) Image search: [Google]
Titanfall-2-640x353.jpg
18 KB, 640x353
Anyone else looking forward to TF2?
>>
Is TF2 gonna be the Overwatch killer?
>>
>>341512971
Why does it have to be a _____ killer?
How come it can't be fun on its own?
>>
>>341513113
I was just trying to make a funny
>>
Right here, buddy. Spent over two hundred hours on the first one. The second one looks great and I especially like that we're getting a sweet (even if short, probably) Single Player campaign.
>>
>>341513113
because every form of existence is a competition
>>
Actually yeah, first one was fun enough to sink 50+ hours into and still get a few hours here and there after.

2 looks like more of that fun, and a single player could be very fun.
>>
>>341512253
Only thing besides Zelda that's actually worthy of hype. First titanfall only failed because of lack of content to keep people going, as long as they kept the core gameplay the same when adding this new shit, it'll get rad as shit.

>>341513113
pretty sure he was just making a joke about how Titanfall 2 and Teamfortress2 are both TF2 and people called overwatch the TF2 killer.
>>
>>341513250
dont worry bby I gotchu
>>
File: link is a girl.gif (172 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
link is a girl.gif
172 KB, 250x250
>>341513113
>asking someone on /v/ to not be completely autistic
>>
>>341512253
Absolutely.
https://youtu.be/RuLhQTAA1Yw
Maybe it was just because they were cherrypicked to display all the new gear in action and didn't show off the kind of air you could get, but the map in the MP demonstration didn't seem to have that much in the way of dynamic wallrunning opportunities; just a few very obvious linear sets of walls to jump to in sequence.
>>
>>341513465
It still has a lack of content, they just slapped on a 4-hour campaign this time.

MP is still online-only with a scant few modes, no local games, no co-op, no custom games on custom maps, etc.

The first Titanfall would have been great if they had just copied exactly what Halo 2/3 did in terms of features and content. Fuck, could say the same about basically every other modern shooter. Games today just don't have the features they used to, it's all online-only bullshit that gets stale after a month. People kept coming back to Halo and CoD because they had more to do than just playing online by yourself.
>>
>>341514240
>It still has a lack of content, they just slapped on a 4-hour campaign this time.

>the game hasn't even been released or shown anything other than 3 teasers
>>
I enjoyed playing the demo or beta or whatever it was for the first one, but using origin to launch it was such a nightmare that I couldn't really be bothered to ever buy it. I heard its player base died off really fast.

If they decide to launch this one through that shitbox again I'll just skip it again.
>>
>>341512971
It already is
>>
>>341512253
Hitting 800 hours tonight and I am 7th among my friends in most time played. I am extremely excited about Titanfall 2.
>>
>>341515701
Origin was a piece of shit back when TF launched, I haven't touched it for at least a year, but allegedly it's gotten "better".
I hope they do allow the game to be launched standalone rather than through Origin.
>>
>>341512253
is there not usually a first game before they call it game 2?
>>
>>341512253
yeah, kinda
I've heard they will release free expansion packs after the disaster Titanfall's Season Pass was. I also like giant robots
>>
People still talk about this f2p trash?
>>
>>341515185
If the MP isn't online, single-player only I'll eat a back of dicks.
>>
as long as there is an attrition type with bots for a scrub lord like me.

I had fun playing the first one when the servers were full enough to get games with people who didn't stomp on me.
>>
>>341516749
say that to Left 4 Dead
>>
>>341516346
Since the community will be larger, I don't want them to tone down achievements such as the Gooser emblem in TF2.

Just give me customisation that separates me from plebs and I'll be happy.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.