[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RESIDENT EVIL / SILENT HILL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 8
File: PTRE.png (2 MB, 952x956) Image search: [Google]
PTRE.png
2 MB, 952x956
>Silent Hill
>3rd person/ Fixed Camera
>Combat
>Puzzles
>Exploration
>Surviving Paranormal

>PT
>First Person
>No combat
>Puzzles
>Exploration
>Surviving Paranormal

>No complaining

-------------------------------

Resident Evil
>3rd person/ Fixed Cameras
>Combat
>Puzzles
>Exploration
>Surviving Infection

RE7
>First person
>Combat
>Puzzles
>Exploration
>Surviving Infection (Viruses give hallucinations before turning into B.O.W)

>Complaining
>>
Hmmmm
>>
>people ask for Resident Evil to return to its roots
>Capcom brings back inventory management, exploration and horror
>they hate it anyway

Explain this.
>>
>>341509201
What inventory manegement
>>
>>341509746
Play the demo, silly.
>>
>It's okay when Kojima does it

I've been playing RE since the beginning and I'm fucking hyped, the whiners are probably false flagging nu-RE bandwagoners anyway.
>>
>>341509201
Starting your post with "people" is a good way to look dumb
>>
File: 1464057048434.webm (2 MB, 426x240) Image search: [Google]
1464057048434.webm
2 MB, 426x240
>>341507446

>OP being THIS fucktarded

No, fuck you faggot. When we told Crapcom to "bring it back to it's roots" we didn't mean as a shitty first-person Youtube cash whore simulator. Atleast when Resident Evil 4 came out, it was a natural evoloution of third-person action. This is like if they took Dark Souls and turned it into a JRPG. Name me one official Resident Evil game thats like anything we have now.

Fuck you, fuck people who think like you and fuck everyone defending this fucking garbage. Now we have to wait for this game to bomb too until we can return to proper RE like REmake.
>>
>>341510136
Posting at all is a good way to look dumb.
>>
>>341510369
>we
>>
>>341510136
You're right, it was actually woodland animals and mythical creatures that were bitching incessantly, not people.
>>
>>341510369

>defending RE4 while shitting on RE7
>>
>>341510369
It's just fucking Resident Evil in first person, except this time it's not a light gun shooter.

It's not going to be like Outlast, where all you do is run from enemies. If anything it will probably end up playing something like that Condemned game.
>>
>>341510369
chill sperglord, the actual game will probably be nothing like this.
>>
>idiots making all these Outlast comparisons when one of the biggest problems with those games is the bullshit "just gonna stand here like a plank and die" mechanics while RE7 actually gives you the means to fight back
>>
File: z0nwquwbb4mjdch9wavk.gif (2 MB, 800x431) Image search: [Google]
z0nwquwbb4mjdch9wavk.gif
2 MB, 800x431
It's a teaser. There will obviously be shooting and stuff in the game proper.
If changing perspectives from third to first person is enough to throw folks into a tantrum then they're not actual fans. People just like complaining and being hipsters, this is an opportunity to fulfil both those desires.
This is the scariest RE has been in forever, and its supposed to be a goddamned horror game. Full game will probably end up playing like a first person RE2.

Literally, figuratively, hypothetically suck my weiner.
>>
>>341510369
>Proper RE like REmake

Dear lord fuck tank controls and fixed camera angles. We've had 1, 2, 3, 0, and CV. It's fucking rehash after rehash. It wasn't even fun to begin with, it was limiting in a way that made the game frustrating, not scary. You're as bad as the people who openly defend Resident Evil 5 and 6 in their entirety.
>>
>>341507446
Silent Hills was never supposed to be like P.T. It was an indication of what kind of horror we can expect, but the ful game would actually take place in Silent Hilland shit

Meanwhile RE7 will stay first person and will be exactly like the teaser
>>
>>341510369
>This is like if they took Dark Souls and turned it into a JRPG.

Now I'm sure this is bait.
>>
I haven't played RE since 3 but zombies being parasites is fucking dumb.
>>
>>341511348

Capcom was never going to bring back fixed camera and over-the-shoulder is garbage for tight spaces, this is the best case scenario we're getting.
>>
>>341509201
>people ask for Resident Evil to return to its roots
>they make it first person instead of the traditional fixed camera angles that basically defined the RE roots
>They make it a blatant PT rip off which the only reason Konami isn't sueing Capcom's ass off is because Konami quit vidya all together

And you wonder why people are angry about it?
>>
>>341511652
>only Konami can make first person horror games

Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>341511507
We don't even actually know what kind of enemies are going to be in this one yet.

>>341511619
>Capcom was never going to bring back fixed camera and over-the-shoulder is garbage for tight spaces

I wouldn't say never. They could still give us optional camera modes to appeal to both new and old fans alike.
>>
The playable teaser is a tonal preview of the game not a content preview.
>>
>>341511469

>im arguing semantics

turn-based then, retard
>>
File: Pzl.gif (1 MB, 294x325) Image search: [Google]
Pzl.gif
1 MB, 294x325
>>341511348
JESUS FUCK. I NEVER NOTICED THAT CUNT
>>
Guys, am I a pussy or is this game legit super scary ?
I played it alone at night with headphones and the wind from the window, and holy shit I had to tell me "you're not a fag, go forward".
>>
>>341507446
since there's no other thread, can we talk about the REVII demo endings? I got the attic ending, and the standard back door key ending. what now?
>>
>>341507446
but i love both pt and the re7 demo
>>
>>341512670
Gotta figure out that damn finger and axe
>>
>>341512670
Nobody knows what to do with the dummy finger. Thats probably the key to getting out of the house somehow
>>
>>341512657
I would say it's one of the least scary first person horror things
The rooms are well lit, you don't have a weapon for the most part so there's also no threat and the sound design while not bad isn't the greatest either
>>
>>341512136
Capcom has stated that the entire game will be first person, so we shouldn't expect the gameplay to be much different except for the inclusion of combat.
>>
>>341511348

Did people actually think any RE game past the first or maybe Zero were scary? RE2-RE6 were all mostly action though?
>>
>>341510369
Stop pretending you're a fan. It's really transparent.
>>
>>341512968
REmake was really the only truly scary Resident Evil game, but maybe that will change now.
>>
>>341512906
Yeah now I know that there are no direct threats since you have no way to defend yourself, but at first I played it completely unaware of that.
And honestly not knowing anything was super scary.
>>
>>341511348
>If changing perspectives from third to first person is enough to throw folks into a tantrum then they're not actual fans.
Dude shutup if you want another generic fps game than fine but don't say we don't have a right to be pissed about it, especially since all the movement and camera issues were fixed in RE6 but since retards didn't know how to play that game correctly they bitched so much Capcom think westerners hate anything that isn't first-person.
>>
>>341507446
PT was just a teaser, the full game was going to be 3rd person
>>
>>341510369
Who the fuck is "we"?

inb4 no true Resident Evil man fallacy
>>
>>341513309
>man

err, fan
>>
>>341513272
>the full game was going to be 3rd person

You know we really don't know that, and probably never will.
>>
>>341507446
>>341509201
The only people really complaining about RE7 is /v/, as per usual. If you go on more mainstream places you still see a bit of negativity, but a majority of people on those places are still very optimistic about RE7.
>>
Silent Hills might have been like SH4 The Room.
>>
>>341513205
>generic
Post discarded
>>
>>341513469
>hire famous actor as MC
>hide his face with a first person camera
>>
>>341509201
>Resident Evil to return to its roots
The Problem is that no one knows what RE's "roots" are exactly.
>RE1-3 fixed camera thrid person adventure game
>RE4 thrid person action game
>REvelations style RE4 but slightly "modernized"
THe only thing people seem to agree is that they don't want more coop or Helicopter chase sequences.
>>
>>341513680
what he said >>341513543
>>
>>341507446
>WHY ARE PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT RE7 PLAYING EXACTLY LIKE PT:PLAYABLE TEASER ?

Do you retards actually think Silent Hills was first person? Why spend money on Norman Reddus when you wont even see him?

Can people get more retarded?

RE7 is Capcoming cashing in on a gimmick while taking a fat check from Sony by raping Resident Evil for VR. Just like Street Fighter 5.
>>
>>341513824
We saw the actor walking through Sielnt Hills in the fucking trailer
They never hire him just to make first person game
>>
>>341512098

They could in REmake 2, but they seem to be leaning heavily on the first-person exploration aspect for 7.
>>
>>341513680

Kojima loves his cutscenes.

I mean, he hired Kiefer and had him barely talk at all.
>>
>>341514081
I'm guessing you didn't play SH4, but you know that it had both first person and third person parts, right?
>>
I wouldn't be surprised if Sony co funded RE7 and that's why it's first person so the have a game to actually market their VR for
>>
>>341509201
I can't. I don't fucking understand the reaction either.
>>341510369
>over the shoulder action game is a natural evolution but atmospheric horror isn't

Kill

Your

Self
>>
>>341513502
You're dumb if you think that is their is alot complaining from the community at large just look at the top comments for youtube vidoes of RE7 they're almost all negative.
>>
File: re7.jpg (84 KB, 661x960) Image search: [Google]
re7.jpg
84 KB, 661x960
>>
File: 1465973968538.jpg (592 KB, 1240x918) Image search: [Google]
1465973968538.jpg
592 KB, 1240x918
Why the fuck isn't RE 5 on sale when everything else is
>>
File: 1352357926893.jpg (422 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1352357926893.jpg
422 KB, 1000x1000
>>341513835

>Capcom not rehashing RE4-6 is raping Resident Evil
>>
>>341514378
I did, but i still highly doubt that it would switch
Whatever the game is so what does it matter
>>
>>341514513
It wasn't scary though
>>
They went to far in the other direction. RE has always got a good amount of action. But who knows how the final game turns out.
>>
The narrow ass FoV in the teaser bugs the shit out of me. That is not how vision works with a flashlight. And on the topic of the flashlight, I hate that it's evidently some dumbass shit attached to your face, because it would be a lot better if you could move the direction of the light around with your hand like a normal goddamn person instead of moving your entire body to the desired position.

Basically if this teaser is indicative of what real RE7 will be, I think I'd just rather go back to Michael Bay Presents Resident Evil 6.
>>
>>341515018
RE6 had FOV settings for PC.
>>
>>341514715
Don't lie, that mannequin spooked you
>>
>>341514715
you probably ran through it, had music playing, all lights on, and completely ignored the ominous approach. I bet you didn't even go after the other two endings
>>
>>341514582
You know what I meant. 1st Person isnt a natural progression its backwards as fuck.

This game is 1st person ONLY to satisfy Sony's VR promise by bringing a worthwhile title to it on release.

If you don't see that then there is no hope for you anon.
>>
>>341515178
Because people complain a lot about the camera. It was also on consoles with a patch.
>>
>>341514452
>top comments being any indication of what alot of people think

I look at the views and video ratings as well as get a general consensus of what the commenters think, rather than focus on a few top comments. The problem I have with top comments is that they often represent a vocal minority.

It's the same deal with people that defended the Homefront sequel in the comments on YouTube videos, yet generally people thought the game was just bad.

Over time, the negatives will fade away, and RE will still manage to do just fine. The negativity is not at all on the scale of that shitty DmC reboot, which rightfully failed.
>>
>>341509201

The people who say this think RE4 is the first game in the series.
>>
>>341515178
I doubt it would improve much on PC, since this entire premise is apparently hinged on the memetastic VR support. VR was a fucking mistake, just burn the Vive, Oculus, and PSVR to the ground. Scorched earth that shit, it's not worth the negatives it is bringing to the table.
>>
>>341511348
Nice tits
>>
Am the only ones that loves survival horror but fucking hates first person horror games? Specially when there's no combat.
>>
So Resident Evil is a Condemned/Amnesia hybrid now? Lol well you faggots got what you wanted. Capcom heard all the spergs asking for 'survival horror' and so they did just that.

RE has never been survival horror as we define it today, it's an action horror game. At it's best it is THE best action horror franchise to ever exist, but it ain't survival horror.
>>
REMINDER RE2 IS GETTING A REMAKE YOU THIRD PERSON DIE HARDS CAN STOP BITCHING NOW
>>
>>341515204
>>341515205
No I'm just not huge pussy i played it late at night right when it came out on the store with headphones on.
The sound design was alright, but most rooms were well lit, you have no weapon and can't hide so there's no threat and the mannequin shit was already done in multiple games and i knew it would happen right away
Sorry i'm not pewdiepie or one of your favorite Youtubers
>>
>>341515018
>>341515178
RE6 had FOV options on console too. At least when I played it on PS3 it did
>>
edgy kids dislike re7 see >>341510369
when re changed from isometric to 3rd person i did not trash the game for that, it was a nice change so play before you judge.
>>
>>341515924
>Implying the budget or level of care will be the same for Remake 2 or Revelations 3

Remake2 and Revelations better have similar art direction to Re7 or they will be as worthless as Re5-Rev2 were
>>
>>341515791
No you're probably in very good company here. First person horror with no means to fight back is the laziest kind of horror. I'll always look to the Siren series as proper use of allowing the player to have some form of self defense, as one would realistically expect, while also taking away enough agency and safety where you are constantly on edge.
>>
>turn on game
>walk to door
>hear footsteps on other side of door
>look at handle
>turn game off and quit

scary
>>
>>341516474
>pick up key
>walk to door
>walk backwards towards door
>suddeny guy teleports behind me

Wow so scary capcom amazing
>>
>>341507446
I hate when people break down shit to it's base parts like this while ignoring how they are actually implemented. All the shit you listed for Silent Hill could apply to Demon's Souls but how similar are those two games?

Aside from that the difference is that in Silent Hill the most interesting part of the game and source of the horror was it's story and atmosphere which P.T did a good job of replicating. It was psychological horror. In Resident Evil the most important thing and the most terrifying element was physically surviving the enemies and being to continue on with enough resources to survive. It was a more physical, combat and survival based horror that this demo did not do a good job of representing. It might be in the final game but the demo just made it seem like it was another PT rip off. Although to be honest I liked it but it wasn't very much like a Resident Evil game.
>>
>Steam and windows 10 store

Does this mean it'll require windows 10?
>>
>>341517083
If it's on Xbone then expect it to be Windows 10.
>>
>>341517083
Oh wow their whole fucking engine has been developed to be VR compatible.

RE is now the gimmick cashcow for VR.
>>
>>341517353
It's just a multi platform release. That's like saying because Titanfall 2 is on xbone it's windows 10, when it's not
>>
>>341517083
Alright, how'd you get on the press site? I need logins.
>>
>>341517878
I didn't, a news site I go to posted that. http://www.allgamesdelta.net/2016/06/resident-evil-7-announced-for-ps4-xbox.html
>>
>>341517083
I honestly hope they aren't "returning to its roots" since it appears to be entirely first person. Because then we would have a first person survival horror, the first part being rather important for a Resident Evil game. Meaning first person combat. It is inevitably going to be clunky as all fuck, Dying Light immediately comes to mind.
>>
>>341518056
Condemned did first person horror really well. Combat worked fine
>>
>>341517083
At best, as long as it's steam, the only major requirement will be 64bit, plus the usual HW stuff.

If you're getting it from MS, Win 10 only.
>>
>>341517408
Bro, I don't really think you know what VR is. It's just depth perception, that's it
>>
>>341518023
Well, it's not a press site, but at least they've got HQ assets. Thanks anon.
>>
>>341518637
All AGD does it post press release material. That's why I love the site
>>
>>341512858
>>341512859
anyone know how to go downstairs where you find the guy staring at the wall within the tape? I think the killer is down there from the beginning, so if you get the axe then get a way to go down there you could attack no?
>>
I've watched one trailer and a full playthrough of the demo

really weirded out, not in the sense of being spooked, in the sense of "this is resident evil 7?"

it doesn't look bad, it's just really different

I'm hyped for RE2 remake but not this
>>
it's just resident evil in first person and people are shitting their pants cause they think it's a fucking outlast clone where you run and hide from monsters. how the fuck did this even start?

it won't be that.
>>
>>341517083
If it's on Steam, then I highly doubt it.
>>
>>341510369

>Youtube cash whore simulator

Kill yourself.
>>
>>341511619

The more I think about this the more I feel it's not an option. It's one thing to add a first person option in a third person game, it's another beast to do the opposite. For one they'd have to refine if not redo a lot of animations to look good in third person. Think of how the player character animates in Skyrim for an example of what a tacked on third person camera would reveal. Then you have to factor in how levels are designed more compact and claustrophobic for first person games and that also ends up being another challenge to make the camera not shit. Finally, the nail in the coffin is something most people don't consider. Framing is super important in a horror game. It's probably best that the devs have one point of view to count on that the player will use.
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.