[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zelda Lorefag General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 108
Here's a link to the last thread in case you want to skip our dankest theories.
>>341474437
>>
Link is a cutie.
>>
>>341501104
tl;dr Shiekah are the Illuminati
>>
Fucking Sheikah need to be stopped
>>
>>341500917
That's a cute nip.
>>
File: 1353051189205.png (103 KB, 365x247) Image search: [Google]
1353051189205.png
103 KB, 365x247
Stop hyping me up everyone. I've been through Twilight Princess, I know what the hype does. This can only end badly.
>>
File: LOOOOOOOOORE.png (818 KB, 1596x1040) Image search: [Google]
LOOOOOOOOORE.png
818 KB, 1596x1040
>it shows how the species are different in each timeline
>zora are still zora in child timeline, with the other creatures from TP
>in the adult timeline they evolved into rito in WW
>in the decline timeline the Tri force is a major story element and shows the Goron from OOA/OOS and the gerudo

DEEPESTLORE
>>
File: 9ad265c1b999d01c299bcb1102dbb578.jpg (250 KB, 1035x2096) Image search: [Google]
9ad265c1b999d01c299bcb1102dbb578.jpg
250 KB, 1035x2096
>>
>Shiekah create Fused Shadow
>Shiekah create Ocarina of Time
>Shiekah create Majora's Mask
>Shiekah have torture chambers in the form of the Shadow Temple
>Shiekah are creating their own Link to force a Zelda to appear
THIS NEEDS TO STOP
>>
File: 1402975215417.jpg (11 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
1402975215417.jpg
11 KB, 251x251
>>341501104
>tfw you'll climb all that evil shit
>>
File: Fused shadow.jpg (108 KB, 1283x669) Image search: [Google]
Fused shadow.jpg
108 KB, 1283x669
Since last threads at its end and 4chan decided to switch out my picture I'll try again here.
Does the Fused shadows when Midna wears it remind anyone else of the guardians around the new overworld?
>>
>>341501528
Just have fun and take shit with a grain of salt. All we know is what we've been shown. For all we know the actual dungeons might be shit, the lore might be fucking awful, etc.
>>
>>341501104
I would kill for some Fierce Deity lore and some mask lore in general. What would you fags do to a game to make this happen?

MMfag here so I would essentially have the mask collecting thing make a return. A simplistic idea but I would have an increase in the total mask number from what it was in MM.

The cool part however; is that I would also introduce the "Face Sword". This guy would also double as the classic companion character. A sword that has a blank face on its guard that the various masks in the game could be equipped to, giving it various powers and puzzle solving utilities. The game would be gloriously difficult in places where you had to nimbly switch between masks both on Link and the sword in a very short span of time to use the very subtle effects each variety imparts in a given situation.
>One mask to raise a cube of earth from the ground, then a fire mask to strike only the left side of that cube (aim carefully), a time-slow mask on Link so you can run to the other side before the fire runs out, and put the bunny hood on the sword whose now-fast thrusts are the only thing that can hit every puzzle slot in time.
Have enemies in certain challenge modes/areas require things like this as well.
1/3.
>>
File: todd.png (867 KB, 699x1024) Image search: [Google]
todd.png
867 KB, 699x1024
>>341501562
>manlet link
todd?
>>
http://www.youdubber.com/index.php?video=BaczqkPGmmM&video_start=17&audio=cLoytewvn0g&audio_start=0
>>
File: BotW_Guardian_Artwork[1].png (636 KB, 980x498) Image search: [Google]
BotW_Guardian_Artwork[1].png
636 KB, 980x498
>>341501676
The new overworld? Absolutely not.
>>
>>341501630
Sheikah have also created SS's gate of time and WW's tower of the gods.
>>
>>341501847
The best part; not only would you have unique masks different from MM (bring back the old must-haves of course) you'd also get to actually place the masks on your SWORD at the same time, granting you elemental transformations, puzzle-solving utilities, and other abstract stuff. Maybe replace the Ocarina by having a legendary "Bard Mask" that you must aquire that you then place on your sword to gain the song making mechanic. Put it on Link to -learn- the various songs throughout the game. Put it on the sword to -play- the songs. You can even use 2 masks at once by equiping one on Link, one on the sword. Best part is that the Transformation masks (of which I'm thinking 5 instead of 3) will change the instrument depending on the race.
Heck even have the minor masks add these purely aesthetic aesthetic -slight- musical/visual alterations (or even with a tiny puzzle solving potential) to the base instrument. I also have an idea for another mask category other than transformation. 'Summon Masks'. The only one of which I have thought up is Midna's Fused Shadow. Putting it on summons Imp Midna. Put it on the sword; True Midna. Midna + Bard-Sword would even give her a Twili instrument to play instead of you.
This would be how the optional pick-a-companion thing some people are clamoring for would operate. Tons of waifu potential, had idea for a mechanic grill that would use a bunch of gadgets including a mortar to rain hell from, the back while you charge the front. Pretty much pic related.
2/3
>>
>>341501847
>>341501994
obviously this shit is not in the game
whats the point of these posts
>>
>>341501994
Each summon character, lets use Midna as an example, would have two modes: contextual and companion (mask on Link and Sword respectively). Midna in Imp from would do her action like playing a Twili instrument among others then go away. Putting a Summon mask on Face would bring True Midna with dual Twili scimitars or some shit and would follow you "Hey I'll carry yo shit" style. May or may not deprive you of your sword, dunno.

There would be three special masks; one would be the mid game occurrence that is equivalent of gaining the upgraded Sword in the previous titles; the Mimic Mask. Now whatever mask you have on will be treated as if it's also on Link/Face Sword at the same time. The Goron weapon/item/action/effect can now be wielded by the Goron itself etcetera; boosting and/or altering it slightly.
The others would be the Bard Mask and, surprise surprise, Majoras Mask. I plan on having Fierce Diety be the antag so a fun little gimmick in having the final mask you collect be obtained in the same way you got FD in MM would be kickass. You know everyone and their grandma wondered what it'd be like for Link to don Majoras Mask so now they can. It'd be limited where you could put it on but just boss battles was kinda gay so it could have rare uses in the creme-de-la-creme of challange modes and puzzles.
3/3
>>
>>341502132
Thanks for injecting us with your autism, ideas guy.
>>
>>
File: tumblr_ll9ur4f0wx1qziv5qo1_500.gif (496 KB, 500x222) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ll9ur4f0wx1qziv5qo1_500.gif
496 KB, 500x222
>Game takes place hundreds of years after WW.
>Due to the efforts of the Koroks, reforestation has led the receding of the Great Sea.
>For a while, there is peace but, Ganondorf, who was once sealed at the bottom of the ocean, is now resurrected and claims Hyrule as his own.
>No Royal family exists to challenge Ganondorf, since Zelda/Tetra sailed away and established New Hyrule in PH/ST.
>Since Link is in New Hyrule, no Link emerges to defeat Ganondorf,
>Becoming desperate, the Sheikah turn to technology to create an artificial Link, who emerges from his cloning chamber at the start of the game.
>As the game progresses, we will discover that we are not a real Link, thus no green tunic/hat.
>This Link does not possess the Triforce of Courage.
>Ganon wins.
>>
post more Sheikah Illuminati bullshit
that's where the fun is
>>
File: midna.png (1008 KB, 1469x624) Image search: [Google]
midna.png
1008 KB, 1469x624
>>341501676
:O
>>
Could BotW Link be the same (adult) Link from OoT?
In the opening of Wind Waker it showed that the Link who defeated Ganon, the hero of time, left Hyrule and when Ganon came back to fuck up Hyrule, link wasn't around to save it. Could it be because he was sealed away, and doesn't wake up until Breath of the Wild? It would make sense why there wasn't a Link reincarnation there to prevent the Great Flood.
>>
File: 1450319872612.gif (2 MB, 397x215) Image search: [Google]
1450319872612.gif
2 MB, 397x215
>>341502081
Pure theoretics. Might as well try to decide what we what for the NX Zelda and.details of the current one. Better than endless bitching gong nowhere.
>>
>>341502541
That would be fucking crazy
>>
>>341502605
How about we speculate based on what we know about the game currently announced to be released
>>
Guys... I just remembered...

Wasn't the Haapy Mask Salesman confirmed to make an appearance In this game thanks to an old MM3D interview?

And now, with all of the potential timeline clusterfucks and Sheikah shit......

HOOOOOOOOOOOOO BOY
>>
>>341501104
Holy shit that thread went a long way. Glad I got to contribute to that. Gonna read up on that.
>>
>>341502541
Link, the Guardians, and the Shiekah Slate all have the same RBG color value for their eyes not found anywhere else in the game. Link is engineered. Not only that, the reason a Hero didn't appear prior to Wind Waker was because the world recognized that a Chosen had walked on Hyrule, and therefore didn't try to create one, unaware that adult Link had left the timeline completely. The Hero of Time just doesn't exist in the adult timeline.
>>
What does even the Eye thing mean? Shiek had it on her clothes in OoT
>>
File: 1365219059197.png (17 KB, 208x250) Image search: [Google]
1365219059197.png
17 KB, 208x250
>>341502360
You betcha. Thoughts? Wouldn't mind having ideas bounced off of me and vice versa.
>>
>>341502541
Link disappears in the WW timeline because he gets sent back in time by Zelda at the end of OoT.

Next.
>>
Notice how there's no Triforce iconography in all the footage, barring the Master Sword. The orbs in the shrines only depict the Hylia symbol.

This has to be before royal family has access to the triforce, so a prequel to Zelda 1.
>>
>>341502832
Not confirmed but they alluded to it but who knows.
>>
>>341501676
>>341501969
I think all this Sheikah dot connecting is on to something, honestly. The callbacks to things like Tower of the Gods, fused shadows, etc with the Sheikah tech in BotW seems especially deliberate.
>>
>>341502468
>Play as Link's phantom.

STANDING
>>
>>341502832
Hey.
Hey guess what.
Gossip Stones? They have the Shiekah Mark on them.
Hey.
The Shiekah made the Lens of Truth.
Hey, guess what?
The Happy Mask Salesman gives you the Mask of Truth.
Hey.
The Mask of Truth communicates with Gossip Stones.
>>
To me it seems kinda reasonable to assume that it's the same Link as WW Link.

But I didn't think it too much, so I could just be retarded.
>>
There is no convergent timeline, the game occurs sometime after Wind Waker. One of the item descriptions in the demo outright clarifies that the overworld used to be under the sea.
>>
File: [Tips Pizza].jpg (49 KB, 640x802) Image search: [Google]
[Tips Pizza].jpg
49 KB, 640x802
>>341501104
So the kingdom is already in ruins when the game starts?

I hope the lore in-game reveals what happened man. I'm kinda curious like how Ganon shrekt the world so hard to the point humans are so few and monsters are fucking everywhere.

If Ganon is even the villain that is.

But I gotta say really digging the Zelda 1 vibes here.
>>
>>341503221
HERE I REALIZE
>>
File: worthless.gif (627 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
worthless.gif
627 KB, 500x280
>>341503241
>The Happy Mask Salesman gives you the Mask of Truth
FUCKING STOP
THIS IS TOO MUCH
>>
>>341502821
Well since this is a lore thread; we create an environment in which said lore could emerge. Discuss, expand, and say whether an idea is neat or shit. Bam

So lets see what you got
>>
>>341503307
in one of the demos, at the end of the shrine, the sheikah oman au says he's like pledged to the goddess to defeat Ganon.
so It's safe to assume, along with the giant pig monster, that Ganon is the villain.
>>
>>341502832

source?
>>
>>341502468
>The Voice we hear at the start of the game telling him to wake up is nothing more than a computerized/cloned Zelda made by the shiekah just so they can get the courage/wisdom/power dynamic back again to stop Ganon
>>
>>341503221
BLIND
IN THE DEEPEST NIGHT
>>
End of TP:
>Master Sword back where it belongs
>Gannondorf dies or something
>Link leaves town
Theory
>Link meets Shiekah as he leaves town
>Tell him about they created the twilight realm
>something something Ganon will rise again
>convince him to go to sleep in that cyrogenic tub so he can save world again when he's needed
>However, when he wakes up he'll have amnesia so they'll make some trials to help him train up
>build trials in a tech boom for the world
>goes to sleep for hundreds of years
>Sheikah are lost to time or just fuck up because they forgot about the hero of time they put to sleep
>Ganon arrives, there's no hero to stop him because he's snoozin'
>Zelda uses some triforce shit to find link and wake him up 100 years later
Then in the game
>Vague allusions through game to his past, faint memories appear in cutscenes
>All of his past comes back to him when he stumbles upon the ruins of Ordona
How did I do /v/
>>
>intentionally spoiling ganon off the bat, as opposed to the classic ganon lackey bait-and-switch

anyone else picked up on this? ganny is obviously involved, but will he be the final boss?
>>
>>341502832
>>341503241
>Breath of the Wind ushers in a new era of Zelda games where Storytelling and gameplay actually have thought put into them
>characters actually matter
>little writings on the wall and what NPCs say actually have an impact on the lore and arent just spooky "what if" easter eggs
im ready boys
Zelda is back
>>
>>341503307
>humans are so few

We just don't know that yet, because they removed npcs and towns from the game to avoid spoilers.
>>
>>341502541
I think it is OoT Link, but after he the ending where he is defeated.

>>341486170

On top of all that, they seemed to be pandering to OoTfags by talking about how BotW will be as revolutionary for Zelda as OoT was. BotW could also be a response to the OoTfags who got pissed when Hyrule Historia revealed that OoT Link is the only Link who's loss if SO canon that there's a whole slew of games as a result of it.
>>
>>341503789
They will probably present Calamity Ganon as the final boss if you don't fully explore the game. Perhaps as you travel around the world you will discover that you're just a pawn in the Illumin-- the Shiekah's grand scheme? And someone is responsible for letting Calamity Ganon survive in Hyrule Castle for 100 years?
>>
>>341503781
>>Sheikah are lost to time or just fuck up because they forgot about the hero of time they put to sleep
"whoops haha, we forgot we put the Hero who possesses a piece of the triforce into eternal slumber"
i dont think so.
>>
>>341503789
I just think that's not the direction they're going to take this game, story wise. Since we know you can do things in any order, including just rushing to the final boss, There won't be much to the immediate story (though the backstory will have a lot to it which you find through scattered clues). Ganon's evil, you need to stop him. That's it. The exploration along the way is the focus.
>>
File: tumblr_o8u39kY67A1rbrgo3o1_1280.png (768 KB, 1280x1874) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o8u39kY67A1rbrgo3o1_1280.png
768 KB, 1280x1874
>>341501279
Zelda better step the fuck up this time around.
>>
>>341501582
Source?
>>
>>341501630

>sheikah confirmed for real bad guys
>>
>>341504538
http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=driftingbystars
>>
>>341504387
It's be nice if she did something other than moan in a castle someone. I really didn't like Spirit Tracks, but one of the things I loved was Zelda tagging along and even helping fight.
>>
So I'm guessing so far:

-No Ganon for possibly CENTURIES
-Sheikah tech revolution
-Ganon comes back, goes on Sin-esque rampage, destroys most tech
-Sheikah tech vs. Ganon war
-Link doesn't appear
-With the last of their power, the Sheikah freeze Ganon
-They make their own Link
-Game begins
>>
>Ganondorf is 7'6"
>Link is 5'7"
LANKETS BTFO
>>
>>341501562
What's the sauce on this mural.
>>
>>341504287
Yeah that was only in there for a chuckle but I really think that the Sheikah were either banished or just plain wiped out
>>
>>341504387
I'd speculate that she's hold up inside Hyrule castle, using magic to keep Ganon bound there.
>>
>>341502468
>>Becoming desperate, the Sheikah turn to technology to create an artificial Link, who emerges from his cloning chamber at the start of the game.
>>As the game progresses, we will discover that we are not a real Link, thus no green tunic/hat.
>>This Link does not possess the Triforce of Courage.
>>Ganon wins.
This is my theory too, but set during the pre Flood period, which makes more sense in my opinion.

Making it pre Flood explains better explains Sheikahs, Ganon coming back, why there's no hero spirit anymore. Doesn't explain Koroks, but that can be retconed easily enough. The Rock Salt item hinting at the Great Sea is harder to explain though.
>>
>>341505045

Temple of time in Twilight Princess HD. Or so they said.
>>
>>341501104
It takes place between Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time. The goddess Hylia is still referenced in architecture and lore, Death mountain is still highly active (it grows more dormant over the games), and the world is still mostly not colonized (settlements, even the ruins, are in small clusters, tribal clans, etc). They specifically refer to Ganon as 'Calamity' Ganon, implying it is sort of this dark energy creature.

This is the birth of Ganon, the first resurgence of Demise's curse. The conclusion will somehow explain how Ganon comes to be reincarnated in physical form as a gerudo (may or may not be mentioned specifically, probably left a little vague) The majority of the sheika technology, along with the shrines to Hylia, will be destroyed, and the stage will be set for the backstory to OoT.
>>
>>341504963

I honestly think this is about as complicated as it's going to get.
>>
>>341505085
The King's wish in WW was that Hyrule would never not be flooded again. There is no way this game takes place in the Adult Timeline, otherwise it invalidates the power of the Triforce.
>>
>>341505085
yes but I think the woman at the beginning who is speaking to link in the chamber of resurrection is Zelda which would mean a Triforce connection
>>
>>341503307
>Ganon shrekt the world so hard to the point humans are so few and monsters are fucking everywhere.
Kinda sounds like Berserk, I'm getting excited again.
>>
>>341505085
Time is convoluted.
>>
>>341505280

Nigga we saw a Korok.
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 640x665) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 640x665
>>341503474
>the happy mask salesman already knows and senses that Link is the legendary hero in MM
>the Happy mask salesman can warp between dimensions, crossing between Hyrule and Termina
>the Happy Mask Salesman already had Majora's Mask in his possession before the Skull Kid stole it
>The Happy Mask Salesman can warp time and space, like teleporting randomly or pulling massive objects out of thin air, such as his organ
>the Happy Mask Salesman teaches you the Song of Healing, which turns people's souls into fucking masks
>the children on the moon resemble younger versions of the Happy Mask Salesman

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
What if the Old Man isn't a Ganondorf that found a way to be separated from Ganon, but is instead a Ganondorf that is trying to find a way to get Ganon's power and is using Link to collect Spirit Orbs in pursuit of that goal?
>>
>>341505280
Plot Twist: Ganon takes human form by possessing the hooded old guy at the end and Ganondorf is born
>>
>>341502468
>Ganon wins.
>You can go and beat the game right after starting it.
>Because ultimately Link loses.
>>
>>341505353
I'm saying that it takes place BEFORE WW, and before the first Flood.

>>341505381
Zelda is part of the Sheikah. She could've easily just left the whole voice thing as a recording.
>>
>>341505542
What's your point? The korok are forest spirits that can shapeshift. They can take any fucking form they want. They were the Kikwi in SS, the Kokiri in OoT, and probably others elsewhere. Korok is their true form, which they only take when they are isolated in nature.
>>
>>341503307
>implying Ganon isn't the villain
>also implying Ganondorf isn't an ally this time
>>
>>341505887
WW says that the Great Deku Tree transformed them into Koroks.
>>
File: angry haruhi.jpg (30 KB, 550x309) Image search: [Google]
angry haruhi.jpg
30 KB, 550x309
>>341505584
>>341505747
Stop, I want a noble hero Ganondorf!
>>
>>341505584
The spirit orbs don't seem to serve much of a purpose besides trading in to get new items. Shrines in general seem really optional (although apparently everything in the game is optional). It'd be more likely that he'd be looking for something in the unseen dungeons.
>>
So what if the game's subtitle, 'Breath of the Wild', alludes to a sort of anti-industrialization message similar to LotR, where Sheikah who believed they could control the world through technology are finally laid to rest, so that the breath of the wild can reinvigorate the world.
>>
Nintendo has confirmed that the new Zelda design has been focused around achieving maximum thick.
>>
>>341506115
Reminder that exploring the shrines and dungeons changes the ending of the game, amigo.
>>
>>341505871
>go back to cave of resurrection
>There's a curtain in the back
>cheap cassete player on loop
kek
>>
>>341501104
>Have to wait 6 more months for this shit
I hate waiting
>>
>>341505871
>Before WW
But what about the ancient sea?
>>
>>341506079
WW states they chose their own form. Deku tree didn't do shit.

>"These are the Koroks-The spirits of the forest. Once upon a time, long ago, the Koroks took on human forms, but when they came to live on the sea, they took these shapes."

Direct quote from the Deku tree.
>>
>>341506379
There's more than one 'Ancient Sea'. Lanayru desert used to be a sea in TP.
>>
File: GtIJQg5.jpg (198 KB, 730x382) Image search: [Google]
GtIJQg5.jpg
198 KB, 730x382
Hylians are memeing fucks.
>>
>This new Zelda in a nutshell
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLoytewvn0g
>>
>>341506286
That's one of my guesses as well.

That or it's referring to this Link being artificial and trying to free himself from his directive purpose, a robot trying to awaken their humanity.
>>
>>341507118
I don't believe the last one.
But I want to believe in the first two.

Having it just be "Now Loading" is a clever trick.
>>
I want to see an actual Sheikah civilization for once. They're always down to like one or zsro left alive by the time any particular Zelda game starts.
>>
>>341505161
No, it's found in the area between the Hyrule Castle Town Fountain area and the actual Hyrule Castle. It's pretty hard to miss, it's plastered all over the place in that location.

I also need to check up some reference on what said mural looked like in the Gamecube/Wii versions.
>>
>>341505551
HAPPY MASK SHEIKAHMAN
>>
>>341507378
Check the letters with the other phrases.
It says all you're base
>>
More Zelda at Treehouse.
>>
>>341507203
The whole "smartphone" thing, crossed with stealth meter and marking enemies are seriously tempting me to do a full Snake run.
>>
File: 1458614988271.png (65 KB, 265x238) Image search: [Google]
1458614988271.png
65 KB, 265x238
>There's that hard music cut in the trailer between the calamity Ganon scene and then the next
>Can't tell if it's intentional or a mistake or even has a deeper meaning
>But I want it to have a deeper meaning

I hate it when my mind goes on wild speculations.
>>
>>341507963
Link to Treehouse, please.
>>
>>341507118

>there will be Baneposting in a temple

I don't know how to feel about this
>>
>>341508220
I'm not sure if Japan knows about baneposting yet
>>
>341505551
One of the kids asks Link if he will be a mask salesman too. If he's one of those kids the Mask it self created him didn't it?
>>
>>341508328

We can at least settle for some

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
>>
It better be the TP timeline or the defeated one.

Fuck WW.

I just want to see midna back. The wolf link isn't enough.

Though i'm banking on some kind of all 3 timelines thing.
>>
>>341508106
It's definitely a mistake. They either wanted to cut out the story bits, or just mistimed the cut itself.
>>
>>341508220
>It's just you and a bunch of other mummified fucks waiting for Link after Ganon goes on a rampage
>And all everyone does is shitpost each others shrines

Truly the apocalypse.
>>
File: return of ganon.jpg (7 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
return of ganon.jpg
7 KB, 480x360
>yfw this is the new timeline split
>that is why Link died

>>341508161

https://youtu.be/iNKgwyy2WTI
>>
REMINDER

Check the RGB values of Link's eyes and the blue used for all the technology shit.

Same exact color.

Link is artificial.
>>
I find it interesting how Demise's malice was specified to come back in multiple incarnations to spite Link/Zelda's reincarnations, yet the only person we actually see inherit that malice is Ganondorf, who proceeds to somehow keep hold of it even in death or being sealed.

The fact Demise sets that up and Ganondorf pretty much never needs it, gets the Triforce of Power on top of that, and stays himself the whole time is great.
>>
File: Skull_Kid[1].png (2 MB, 1326x2067) Image search: [Google]
Skull_Kid[1].png
2 MB, 1326x2067
>>341508619
>nobody cared who I was until I put on the mask
>Oh, you think the Lost Woods is your ally. But you merely adopted by the Woods; I was born in it, moulded by it
>>
>>341508413
You are now in charge of making it happen what decisions do you make both well wrought and realistic?
>>
>>341508925
>stupid bitch asks, "What's the Chuchu Jelly for?"
>qt waifu laughs, "It's a secret to everybody!"
>no one on the panel gets the joke
FUCK these nerds.
>>
File: Zeldas.jpg (267 KB, 1240x640) Image search: [Google]
Zeldas.jpg
267 KB, 1240x640
>Still no Zelda reveal

FUCK
>>
>>341506302
Source?
>>
That boss was shit.
>>
File: 1465930132815.jpg (43 KB, 702x456) Image search: [Google]
1465930132815.jpg
43 KB, 702x456
>>341509009
Yep.
Not to mention
>this is the first Link who wasn't donned in the green garb since his initial reveal, and we still haven't seen him in the green getup

>he's unnecessarily right-handed for no reason whatsoever now, despite the fact that motion controls aren't a thing anymore

>waking up from a cryostasis vat with no implications or mentions of his past, because he doesn't have one

>wakes up around the same time the stone guardians are reactivating, indicate that a universal situational protocol has been activated

>Sheikah monks are like you, they exist only for one purpose - to help you by upgrading your smartphone. Once this happens, they are destroyed. What does this mean for Link?

>Aonuma saying something like "we didn't say that was Link" in an interview during the initial 2014 reveal. Everyone thought he was referring to the gender topic. Turns out it had a double-meaning and we were wrong.
>>
File: 1324702484647.jpg (104 KB, 496x603) Image search: [Google]
1324702484647.jpg
104 KB, 496x603
>>341509774

What if it turns out Zelda in this game is running around cosplaying as Link? As in, the legendary hero clad in green? And what if she keeps getting credit for Link's exploits while he gets sidelined as some nobody?
>>
File: 4352523.jpg (105 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
4352523.jpg
105 KB, 1280x720
>>341510756
No that theory is bogus.

It's all about clone/robo/Punished Link now.
>>
>>341510756
mate you can take off link's shirt

there's no titties hidden there
>>
>>341510482
i love the hindu inspirations for sheikahs now
it's damn great
>>
File: 31712371_p7.jpg (107 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
31712371_p7.jpg
107 KB, 480x480
>>341510756
That could be cute
>>
Anybody have the timeline? I'm curious about something.

Are the Three Goddesses referenced in any of the games prior to OoT in the timeline? Because that's where the timeline splits into 3 paths.
>1 Goddess when the timeline was one
>3 Goddeses when the timeline split
>>
>The word Link now has VA
>We won't get to name him anymore
>>
I wanted to jump into theorycrafting but I noticed that I gave no fuck about 4 sword adventures. Do I need to catch up on that?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>Breath of the Wild is actually Valley of the Flood redone
>>
>>341511250
Not really. Vaati is largely irrelevant.
>>
>>341510896
>>341510919

I'm not talking about Link being Zelda, I mean Zelda is pulling another Sheik ploy and disguising herself in Link's traditional garb.
>>
If link is supposed to be a robot, why does he get cold, and why does he experience hunger?
>>
>>341509193
>You are now in charge of making it happen

No i'm not, or else I would have made Paper mario a TTYD sequel along with this.
>>
File: 1466027652747.png (1 MB, 1716x3444) Image search: [Google]
1466027652747.png
1 MB, 1716x3444
>>341511056
>>
>>341511501
What does some Dark Souls lore fag have to do with Zelda?
>>
File: 1465979955196.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1465979955196.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
>>341511642
He's an extremely advanced synthetic organism. Think Fi or even Ghirahim - who had a "flesh" mode to hide his real self.

He eats, sleeps, feels, etc as a precautionary measure so that he and others don't become aware of his pawn-like existence as an artificial robot and not the "real" hero.
>>
>>341511642

Who says he has to be a robot? He could just be a vat-grown hero.
>>
>>341501582
Woah I wouldn't mind this design at all breh
>>
>>341512061

Why is Hylia so ugly when SS Zelda was a qt?
>>
This Asian bitch in the stream is legitimately pissing me off.
>>
>>341508925
>chat is disabled for this livestream
they disabled it after showing paper mario didn't they
>>
>>341511827
>3 timelines merging into one.
HOW?
But... Kinda neat if they could explain it.
>>
>>341509774
she won't be in it.
>>
>>341512706
She's an amalgamation of /pol/ and tumblr.
>>
>>341513057
She's probably the voice
>>
>>341512694
>SS Zelda
>cute

sure, if you like shit nose I guess.
>>
>>341510896
>>341510756
You're all wrong.

This is the FIRST game in the timeline. Way, WAY the fuck before even Skyward Sword.

>SS was about the beginning of the Link/Zelda/Gannon paradigm

>BotW explores why that paradigm exists in the first place

>Skyloft is plainly visible in the sky in several screenshots in BotW, so Link, Zelda and Gannon/Demise being tied to the triforce hasn't happened yet

>SS had ancient ruins of technologically advanced civilizations. In BoTW, there is technology, but the land is still undeveloped, implying that those civilizations haven't been built yet

>Link in this game isn't Link, hence no green tunic or hat, but he plays the part in the legend that future generations would refer to as Link

>The goddesses have gone full Ancient Aliens mode

>Create this universe's version of Adam and Eve, with Ganon and Zelda who, much like Link, aren't actually known yet by those names, but that's what they are referred to as, as future generations recount the story

>Ganon and Zelda live in harmony, for a time.

>Zelda grows more interested in the land and the people of Hyrule, and helping them

>Ganon grows jealous, and, in an effort to win her back, learns great magicks and makes himself more powerful

>Eventually, Ganon imprisons Zelda, throwing the balance of the entire world out of whack. Everything goes wild, Ganon turns into a beast

>The goddesses create Link to restore balance to Hyrule

>The game ends with Link sacrificing himself, Ganon dying but using the last of his power to make sure his influence is never fully gone from the land, and Zelda, with the help of the goddesses, creating the royal lineage, the Hylians, and slowly, over millennia and through decendants, creating the Hyrule we know
>>
>>341513183
was there more VA than just the book? I couldn't hear because titcow wouldn't shut up. did that old guy have a voice?
>>
Zelda is a game for manlets!
>>
>>341513356
Why is the Master Sword decayed as fuck?
>>
>>341511670
I wasn't being literal autist-kun
>>
>>341512694
The statue is probably sylized
>>
File: azunyan laughing.jpg (23 KB, 312x347) Image search: [Google]
azunyan laughing.jpg
23 KB, 312x347
>these threads

Is Zelda turning into fucking Homestuck now?
>>
>>341513518
Then it should be perfect for you, Todd.
>>
>>341513690
damn this shipping nonsense.
>>
>>341513690
No it's turning into Dark Souls and I fucking love it.
>>
>>341503032
Actually, the hylian crest is on the eldin(?) bridge
>>
>>>/vg/
>>
>>341512694
Statue is stylized obvioiusly.
>>
>>341513827
What shipping?
>>
File: 1200321259103.jpg (29 KB, 374x250) Image search: [Google]
1200321259103.jpg
29 KB, 374x250
>>341513356
>Skyloft is plainly visible
Pics please.

>the land is still undeveloped, implying that those civilizations haven't been built yet

But temples have been raised and had time to decay? And Hyrule Castle exists in a TP-esque form?

>Create this universe's version of Adam and Eve
>Ganon and Zelda

Nigga, you what?

Also, what >>341513580 said.
>>
File: Ocarina of Time Temple of Time.jpg (64 KB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
Ocarina of Time Temple of Time.jpg
64 KB, 540x304
>>341513017
It's happening. The evidence is piling up. There's no way this shit is a coincidence.
>>
>>341507836
shouldn't it be in Japanese then?
>>
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spHEw2n9LwE
>>
>>341513356
>game takes place before Skyward Sword
>Skyloft is already in the sky, despite the fact that it was sent up as a result of Demise
>You aren't Link
>The voice acting directly names you as Link
>retconning everything that happened in SS

This is terrible.
>>
>>341513580
No idea.

But Skyloft IS visible in screenshots, which really narrows down when this game takes place.

>>341514205
>>
>>341511827
>>341513017
We Turn A now?
>>
>>341513832
>witcher

fixed

dark souls doesn't have towns. that's why those games are shit.
>>
>>341514407
Could easily be the flying ruins from TP, or something else entirely
>>
>>341514407
Not really. The City in the Sky was in TP
>>
File: 1465944824486.jpg (45 KB, 650x162) Image search: [Google]
1465944824486.jpg
45 KB, 650x162
>>341507662
>>
>>341514402
>Skyloft is already in the sky, despite the fact that it was sent up as a result of Demise

It was DROPPED as a result of Demise. Skyloft isn't floating at the end of SS.
>>
>>341513690
No, it's turning into a combination of Metal Gear Phantom Pain, Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Dragon's Dogma and The Witcher 3.
>>
>>341513832
>No it's turning into Dark Souls and I fucking love it.
Now if they could only take more cues from the combat and enemies it would be great.
The passive enemies we saw for the most part of the demo were boring imo.
>>
>>341514407

Man I really want it to be ruined Skyloft, with a Groose and etc easter eggs.
>>
>>341509774
I'm hoping for a savage survivalist Zelda, like she has dirt all over her and is just living off the land.
>>
>>341514407
The floating thing isn't Skyloft. Not sure what it is exactly but it moves about and its easy to see that it's not Skyloft. There was a webm of it posted in the last thread but I don't have it.
>>
>>341503789
Ganny is the old man
>>
>>341514407
that could be anything. you know Nintendo doesn't even care about the timeline right?
>>
File: 1461982841149.gif (995 KB, 245x184) Image search: [Google]
1461982841149.gif
995 KB, 245x184
>>341501562
WW timeline mountain people like Goron survived the flooding, but Zora had to evolve into bird people.
>>
>>341514737
I would not mind harder enemies.
>>
>>341511827
ocarina of time was a mistake
>>
>>341504320
>including just rushing to the final boss

when did they say this? I really hope that's not the case.
>>
File: zel4p01.gif (19 KB, 471x520) Image search: [Google]
zel4p01.gif
19 KB, 471x520
>>341514794
If the game really is connected to WW then Tetra could make a return as a fully realized Princess Zelda
>>
>>341514850
>rock creatures suited to mountains and caves survive giant flood
>fish people have to evolve to survive water
BRAVO
>>
>>341514706
When you go back in time at the end of the game, it is directly stated that you are now there moments after the landmass was raised above the ground. The entire earth was covered in darkness, and would remain that way for hundreds of years, up to the point that the 'present day' of skyward sword takes place.
>>
File: Zelda WiiU floating thing.webm (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Zelda WiiU floating thing.webm
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>341514407
>>341514805
>>
>>341514407
I thought it was implied in SS that skyloft eventually landed and became hyrule?
>>
>>341514963
LTTP was a mistake.
that's when the series took a nosedive and turned into a linear shitfest that holds your hand.
>>
>>341514232
What's the evidence? All I've seen (Koroks, Ancient Sea) points to WW timeline.
>>
>>341515054
It's an option but the game would then be hard as balls
>>
>>341514737
This whole demo has just been the first area of the game. Kinda early to call what shit will be like later.
>>
>>341514850
>>341515132
>Nomatic Gorons that spent millenia with no home were able to survive by travelling to high ground
>Fresh water fish people could not live in Salt water ocean and had to adapt

You're right, total nonsense.
>>
>>341514737
The golems can one-shot you.
The guardians take out around half of your health with one laser beam shot.
>>
>>341514407
Looks like a Twilight Portal, like the ones Midna used to warp around.
>>
>>341514889
I mean there's already parrying. Give link i-frames during rolls or sidesteps, find a sweetspot between BB and DaS speed and you get yourself an amazing game. The weapon system is great, and I do hope we can turn off the action time slowmo bullshit. Now it's just a mater of Hard mode being available right from the start so mobs do more than a quarter heart damage.
>>
>>341514850
They were turned into birds so they wouldn't find the sunken Hyrule

And most Zora live in freshwater
>>
>>341515289
quit poking holes in their petty complaints.
>>
>>341514306
English is very common in Japan dummy.
The Hylian text in oot and tp are encoded from English too
>>
>>341515289
>>341515441
>evolving from fish people to bird people makes more sense than adapting from fresh water to salt water
if you say so...
>>
>>341502452
Why is Renado's son there?
>>
>>341515183
Is that a Korok?
>>
>>341515289
But in Majoras's mask they lived in the ocean.
>>
>>341515054
The way they describe it, It's possible, but that would mean you both know where he is and are powerful enough to stop him, and neither of those things are true your first time through the game.
>>
File: sandbird.jpg (131 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
sandbird.jpg
131 KB, 1920x1080
>>341515183
That's not skyloft.
>>
>>341515283
>This whole demo has just been the first area of the game. Kinda early to call what shit will be like later.
I'm just saying the enemies were a bit too passive, I did love how the guardians, despite not even moving, could shit on you if you're careless.

>>341515302
The golems can be cheesed by just climbing on them over and over, and then the battle turns into a "will all my weapons break before him".
>>
>>341515218
>LTTP
>hand holding
>linear
You wut
>>
>>341515289
>Fresh water fish people could not live in Salt water ocean and had to adapt
So clearly instead of adapting to saltwater conditions, they must transform into fucking BIRD PEOPLE.
>>
>>341507118
Where's the source for this translation? How do I know this isn't entirely made up?
>>
File: Enterprise destroyed.jpg (24 KB, 736x309) Image search: [Google]
Enterprise destroyed.jpg
24 KB, 736x309
>>341515183
To be honest, it looks like some kind of sciency airship of a kind, not a floating island.
>>
>>341515302
that's because you're not wearing armor. if you were they'd be easy as hell.

face it, the game is dark souls: babby mode

and with none of the deep lore of those games.
>>
>>341514850
From what I remember the ocean was corrupted with evil creatures wasnt it?
>>
>>341503995
Zelda has been like that ever since Skyward Sword and they started taking the timeline somewhat seriously.
>>
>>341501676
I had the exact same thought, actually.
>>
>>341515359
Link already has had parries since TP, the Shield Bash could parry certain shit.
>>
>>341515183

Okay, yeah, that's definitely not Skyloft. It's some kind of airship. And I am 110% okay with that.
>>
>>341515536
Fedora's Mask is NON-CANON
>>
>>341515183
If this is truly an open world game then I plan to destroy that floating thing with an explosion that would make Michael Bay jealous
>>
>>341503307
The villain is The King, disguised as the Old Man, who wants you to defeat Ganon so he can flood the world again because he just wants to stay an edgelord at the bottom of the ocean forever
>>
>>341515584
I hope it's not too open. that you can simply go to dungeons in a less linear manner. that's what it seems like. being so unfocused like an elder scrolls wouldn't make a lot of sense.
>>
>>341515703
I want to parry everything
>>
File: Fedoras Mask.png (719 KB, 1002x688) Image search: [Google]
Fedoras Mask.png
719 KB, 1002x688
>>341515751
Calling MM Fedora's Mask is the ultimate sign of a fedora tipper.
>>
File: CURAZY.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
CURAZY.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>341515771
This game does have some pretty nice explosions.
>>
File: 545454.jpg (308 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
545454.jpg
308 KB, 1280x960
>>341503789
Ganondorf is the old man.

Calamity Ganon was displaced from his body and now he's a good person who just wants to help you out.
>>
>>341515751
like all the 2d and handheld games right?
>>
>>341515751
no, it was simply link hallucinating. like link's awakening.
>>
File: tumblr_o8t0e3Lkt11spzd5so1_1280.png (60 KB, 800x1364) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o8t0e3Lkt11spzd5so1_1280.png
60 KB, 800x1364
Where did it go right, /v/?

Also did anyone find the hood? I need that shit for my stealth run as soon as I wake up.
>>
File: korok.jpg (52 KB, 768x433) Image search: [Google]
korok.jpg
52 KB, 768x433
>>341515521
Yes
>>
>>341515508
>>341515628
It does, seeing as how they would die INSTANTLY if they stayed in the water. They went from fresh water creatures to land creatures that could live in freshwater if they could find it. Eventually the freshwater adaptations became irrelevant and they were just landpeople. Flight happened eventually because they were on a very vertical island, evolved the same way winged creatures evolved on our earth.

If they could, in one life cycle, go from freshwater to saltwater then sure. But that's not how evolution works. It takes a long time, and a 100% inability to live in salt water means when all the water becomes saltwater, you either die or get out of the water.
>>
>>341515898
>The Legend of Zelda: Judgement Day
>Dir. Michael Bay
>>
>>341515932
Can I bring up a pet peeve? Where was the downside of just letting Ganon win in Wind Waker?

I felt so bad for the guy.
>>
>>341515961
No, the only one of those that aren't canon is Spirit Tracks.
>>
Prove to me that this game won't take place between Skyward Sword and Minish Cap.
>>
>>341509774
You ARE Zelda. Link was killed by Ganon, so the Shiekah kidnapped Zelda and sealed her away, conditioning her into thinking she's Link. The voice you hear talking to you is your own subconscious.
>>
>>341515932
Na he's the kind of hyrule brah, that bulbous nose is a dead giveaway
>>
>>341516046
No nigga it's goddess magic.
>>
>>341515898

>Yippie Ka Yee motherfucker
>>
>>341516043
>>341516043
But that's Elma then. So this should be following the WW "timeline". Interestingggg
>>
File: Link_adulte_2_OoT.png (1 MB, 896x1001) Image search: [Google]
Link_adulte_2_OoT.png
1 MB, 896x1001
>>341504181
>I think it is OoT Link, but after he the ending where he is defeated.

I'm sorry, but he looks nothing like OoT Link. Different hair color, different eye color, different face structure, etc.

He looks most similar to SS Link or one of the other Links on the downfall timeline, like ALtTP Link.
>>
>>341516107
Fuck Ganon, he's the reason the world is flooded in the first place. Just use his face as a pedestal for the Master Sword.
>>
File: asdfasdf.jpg (288 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
asdfasdf.jpg
288 KB, 1280x960
>>341515932
how old is link supposed to be anyway?
>>
>>341516194
One word: Koroks.
>>
File: 1291535104651.jpg (97 KB, 650x488) Image search: [Google]
1291535104651.jpg
97 KB, 650x488
>>341516043

Well, fuck, there you go. The game takes place after WW. Everyone can go home now.
>>
>>341516325
>Fuck Ganon, he's the reason the world is flooded in the first place.

No. The goddesses flooded Hyrule. And by goddessess I'd double down and say Sheikah Doomsday Device.
>>
>>341516194

I can't because that could very well happen. Only proof against it is maybe the temple of time that was visible, koroks (but this can be retconned) and Ganon himself.
>>
>>341515885
>being so unfocused like an elder scrolls wouldn't make a lot of sense.

What're you talking about? The first game was almost exactly as open
>>
>>341505280

Theory: Game is an original story, has no ties to anything else relating to Zelda. Ganon is completely its own thing an (evil force possessing an object that originally needs a wielder.) Ganondorf uses weapon for whatever reason (wants power or some shit), wins, and Ganon decides it doesn't need him anymore, leaves and becomes Calamity Ganon unchecked. Dorf survives this and becomes Old man. Dorf trains this new link to beat Calamity Ganon. And uh throw some shiekah shit in there somewhere
>>
>>341516343
About 20mins old
>>
>>341516343
Is he seriously 5'11?

When will they ever learn?
>>
File: 2453245324.png (268 KB, 540x473) Image search: [Google]
2453245324.png
268 KB, 540x473
>>341516024
I fucking love this new Link. He has so much meme potential.
>>
>>341516343

Looks like he's just past adolescence. Probably 14 or so.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 108

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.