[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Square Enix Testing the Waters for Dragon Quest 11 Localization
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: dq11_new2.jpg (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dq11_new2.jpg
1 MB, 1280x720
>Square Enix Testing the Waters for Dragon Quest 11 Localization

>It's been four years since Dragon Quest X launched in Japan, and still it has not been localized for the West. However, the franchise's developers, speaking in a recent interview, said that they want to bring it over--but there are difficulties.

>"We want to bring X over," producer Yu Miyake said. "We definitely would love to bring it over, it's just with Dragon Quest 10, aside from the immense amount of text involved in the localization, there's also the operational aspect to it, being an online game. Square Enix is doing Final Fantasy XIV [in the West] so there is that possibility. But it's just a huge challenge to bring that game over.

>"But with Dragon Quest VII, we were able to bring it over because a lot of fans were asking for it, sending letters, asking for it to be released and localized. So with the other games I just mentioned, and Dragon Quest XI... If more fans can voice their opinions on it and we see that people really want the game, there may be a possibility we'll be able to make it."

>He added that with the recent launches of Dragon Quest Builders and Dragon Quest Heroes, the team is hoping to reach more players through the use of different genres. The team hopes to build the player base and interest in the series in preparation for the launch of Dragon Quest XI, which will be a more traditional RPG. They are also hoping that fans who want localized versions of Dragon Quest games are more vocal, so they can legitimize the work going into localization.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/square-enix-testing-the-waters-for-dragon-quest-11/1100-6440937/
>>
File: 1452885779344.jpg (12 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1452885779344.jpg
12 KB, 400x400
God I hope so. New DQ on my comfy NX. Yes please.
>>
DQM remakes when????
>>
Yeah, it's not like I wanted DQM or anything y'know.
>>
File: 1436151666857.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
1436151666857.jpg
1 MB, 1200x1600
The quotes from that article are like a year old. Its also bullshit. People have been asking for DQX (and the monster games) just as much as DQVII.

The major budget issues with DQX was the development of the game. Localization and server costs do not make up as much as they're claiming. Even if DQX only got 100k subs a month, it would be making a profit. SquareEnix just has unrealistic expectations for what a game needs to make. Yet throws those expectations out when it comes to Final Fantasy MMOs or spin offs. They also overlook that making a second MMO popular (aka DQX) could be used as marketing for FFXIV and vice versa.
>>
>>341499513
even if they started on DQX localisation tomorrow we probably still woudln't get it till 2018
>>
>We'll only localise if you beg

Swell.
>>
File: 1410646963954.jpg (94 KB, 700x1071) Image search: [Google]
1410646963954.jpg
94 KB, 700x1071
>>341500863

>fans bitch that one FF game doesn't get localized
>they cave in and release it within a year on both PS4 and PC

>DQ fans plead and beg for 4+ years that DQ is being ignored
>only give us two spin off games
>Nintendo has to step in and get two more games localized

Please SquareEnix, hit me again! I beg you!
>>
>>341499513
eh if they don't Nintendo will just bring over the 3ds version and or nx version leaving the ps4 version behind since apparently the spin offs on ps4 are not doing the numbers they want.
>>
God I can't wait for builders, heroes 2, and XI
3ds games are going to just be watered down versions or just the same as their originals
>>
>>341501452
7 3ds is amazingly better than the original ps1 version.
>>
>>341500291
Part of me only wants Joker 3 localized because I bought a JP 3DS and got 1 and 2. The other part of me wants everyone to be able to play these games.
>>
>>341499513
>>341501372
The fact that there's an NX version at all is probably alluding to Nintendo having some financial input. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo are doing the English translation right now as to get the game ready to help boost the launch of the system. SE having XI as a launch title outside of Japan could help make DQ more popular too, alongside all these games they've been releasing leading up to it.

But this is NoA and SE we're talking about, so don't get your hopes up.
>>
File: thereisnomanliercolorthanpink.jpg (260 KB, 500x410) Image search: [Google]
thereisnomanliercolorthanpink.jpg
260 KB, 500x410
>>341501452

>I don't know anything about DQ remakes
>>
>>341501902

Why would you want it localized if you can play it already?

>>341502036

>That file name

People used to believe that, actually.
>>
>>341499835
It's not even confirmed for NX, though it probably will be.
>>
>>341501452
VIII is practically the same but with some less sexy costumes to keep the Japanese rating down. It's still a good game though.
VII is an amazing version of the game with all the garbage slow parts being streamlined (though it still takes 300 hours to 100%) and extra content added, definitely worth buying.
>>
>>341502181
I like being able to read what I'm doing. All DQ games have some sort of humor that I'd be missing.
>>
>>341502024
DQ11 will be on PS4 too so there's no way that Nintendo is doing the localization, as the same localization would be used on all platforms
>>
>>341502024
>The fact that there's an NX version at all is probably alluding to Nintendo having some financial input
Officially, there isn't an NX version.

And if Nintendo had any hand in financing it, it certainly wouldn't be coming to PS4.
>>
>>341502357

Oh, you can't read Nip? Well yeah, I can understand then.
>>
>>341502201
it was when they first announced it but then had to back pedal because that was a secret.
>>
>>341502024

Nintendo already was trying to get SquareEnix to launch DQX with the Wii U. Iwata personally said he wanted to help publish and 'make popular' all the DQ games. And he personally did Nintendo Directs with the DQX team and appeared on one of the commercials.

Someone in SquareEnix (probably the same guy who keeps making the dumb quotes in this article) was blocking the game. Claiming 'With FFXIV, we went into development with a worldwide focus. But Dragon Quest X was made clearly with the Japanese market in mind'.

Basically what I'm, saying is, Nintendo would have done it on the Wii U at launch. But SE said no. The game going to NX might simply be SquareEnix porting it to yet another system, since its already on Wii, Wii U, 3DS, PC and iOS in Japan. Notice even when it gets ported to PC, its still Japan only.

When it comes to DQXI, its all up in the air. SquareEnix only seems to 'allow' games to come over when they're on a system without region blocking. Because they know that people will pirate the hell out of them with no effort.
>>
>>341502570
It's why I didn't bother getting Dragon Quest 7. The Monsters games can be played without knowledge, but I feel like there would be little point in playing a main game.
>>
>>341500291
this so fucking much
>>
>>341502382
They would have western exclusivity as they would own the rights to the translation.

>>341502447
Nintendo making it not PS4 exclusive and having it as a launch game for the NX is all that matters in the Japanese market.
>>
>>341502447
SE didn't accidentally mention the NX, they just did it when they weren't supposed to. It's obviously in development for the NX
>>
>>341502586
That wasn't an official announcement, it was a passing mention.
Yes, it likely means it is planned for NX, but it's not the same as officially announcing it.
>>
>>341502885
DQ games aren't sequels and aren't story connected, what the fuck are you on about? You can start with any of them and they're all standalone, not just Monsters.
All of them except 10 (and spinoffs) are translated as well, what isn't translated is the 3DS remake of 7 and port of 8.
PS1 original of 7 is translated and perfectly playable, same engine as the DS remakes of 4-6. DQ8 3DS is just a downgraded port of the PS2 version with censored costumes and a little extra content for post-game.
>>
>>341503183
The Japanese market is largely irrelevant in 2016, it's mostly dead, even handhelds are
>>
>>341502674
Pretty much Does anyone know if Dragon quest 10 is cross play like FF14? I heard that it was at least back when they released the wii and wii u version. I know nintendo is open to cross play and even has a select few on the eshop.
I can see two possibilities if it is cross play. One square enix releases the 3DS, PS4, PC, and moblie version here. Or if nintendo can get their hands on it release the Wii U, 3ds, and the hinted NX version. We shall see though
>>
>>341503183
>Nintendo making it not PS4 exclusive and having it as a launch game for the NX is all that matters in the Japanese market
Literally does not matter.

DQXI comes out this year, and the NX doesn't.
If DQH could make the PS4 sell out in Japan, imagine what DQXI will do. If Nintendo wanted to capitalise on DQXI for the NX, they would have paid for exclusivity or at least timed the launch of the NX.
Instead DQXI is going to move a shit ton of PS4s and everyone who wants to play the home console version already will have. Luckily for Nintendo, there's still the 3DS release.
>>
http://gonintendo.com/stories/259536-dragon-quest-vii-almost-wasn-t-localized-but-fan-requests-change

>"During the Treehouse Live stream from E3 2016, Square-Enix revealed that they originally had no plans to localize Dragon Quest VII. This was due to the large amount of text in the game, which would take an insane amount of work. This decision was turned around when Square-Enix heard the fan outpouring for the game to be localized. In specific, fan letters and a petition were noted as the reasons why the decision was made to localize."

That fan petition they cited was started in one of these DQ threads. And then supported by people on reddit and facebook.

So basically, we need to start a new petition that specifically asks for DQX, XI, Monsters and Theathrythm. Since apparently SquareEnix ignored all the people asking for those in the last petition.
>>
>>341503435
You misunderstood me. Mainline DQ games are almost pointless to play without knowledge of Japanese. Monsters games are a lot less story and text driven. I feel the mainline games suffer a lot more if you have little idea of what's going on besides context clues,and reading a FAQ the whole time would be no fun.
>>
>>341503291
>It's obviously in development for the NX
Question is, which version?
>>
>>341503543

>Does anyone know if Dragon quest 10 is cross play like FF14?
Yes. People playing on the Wii version can play with people on Wii U or PC. And the 3DS/smartphone versions are linked to the other versions (you have to have an account with the other games and you're playing them remotely on 3DS or iOS).
>>
>>341503913
DQXI will get localised for PS4 at the very least. No need to petition for that.
>>
>>341504000
But mainline games are fucking translated so what the fuck are you talking about? Are you one of those people that can't play games unless they're 1:1 literal translations? Because literally no game is like this because it's fucking impossible to make a literal translation from Japanese to English that wouldn't go into Engrish territory.
>>
>>341503913

>Since apparently SquareEnix ignored all the people asking for those in the last petition.
And the sales of past games. And common sense.
>>
>>341504248

>DQXI will get localised for PS4 at the very least.
There's no confirmation of this. Considering SE past track record, we cannot give them any chances.
>>
>>341504264

>But mainline games are fucking translated

Eh, I wouldn't call that butchery "translated". Not arguing though, not even the guy who you're responding to, I'm just being pedantic.
>>
>>341501351
Do you want a fucking reason for why T-0 wasn't brought over? Because the fucking PSP was coming to its end and it was riddled with fucking piracy as well.

Fucking retards.
>>
Oh great, the Square defender is at it again.

>only mainline games count!
>you can just play DQVII on PS1!
>Enix did everything wrong, not Square!
>>
>>341504565
Every DQ on PS4 has been localised thus far.

You're right, I wouldn't put it past SE, but it's almost a safe bet.
>>
>>341504264
I didn't get DQ7 on my JP 3DS because I can't understand their language. I could've gotten it on PS1, but I decided to wait and hope it would eventually be localized on the 3DS. I ruled out getting the JP version on 3DS because I wouldn't understand it, and the games are much more story driven. I feel like you missed some context, or we're having some kind of miscommunication.
>>
>>341502447

That's based on oldtendo assumptions that they have enough money and clout to buy games off other systems. Nintendo is absurdly irrelevant at this point, so perhaps money is the only way they can even get a multiplat. Exclusivity is off the table.

I didn't think of it until now, but there haven't been random and inexplicable 3ds exclusives lately.
>>
File: 1461646842394.jpg (6 KB, 184x200) Image search: [Google]
1461646842394.jpg
6 KB, 184x200
I see the reason for Dairy Queen XI but right now there is no point in bringing X over sonce it's an mmo type. It would throw people off and be overshadowed by FFXIV.

I'm glad they didn't mention the lack of sales of Dairy Queen musou not doing well since it's a fucking musou and not an actual main Dairy Queen game.
>>
>>341504174
interesting. it weird to think that when the ps4 version come out there PlayStation and Nintendo people will be playing together. What a time to live in
>>
File: 1420218011794.jpg (4 KB, 85x87) Image search: [Google]
1420218011794.jpg
4 KB, 85x87
>>341502674
>Wanting DQX to be a Wii U exclusive
>Literally wanting it to die within a month of release
>>
>>341502674
> Because they know that people will pirate the hell out of them with no effort.
Wii is heavily emulated AND pirated while being a region locked console.
>>
>>341505007
It would die faster on playstation since its not edgy enough.
>>
>>341504883
B-but muh Wii and DS profits!!!!
>>
>>341505218
There's that word again, I don't think you know what it means.
>>
>>341504614
>butchery
Oh I get it, you're an amerifat that can't handle accents. Tough luck bitch.
Also the only one that was actually "butchered" was DS localization of 4 which had Party Chat removed (due to Squeenix not giving enough time and budget), but they added it back in when they ported it to iOS/Android so just play that version.

Everything else is fine unless you're a faggot bitching about accents or name changes which has been happening to literally every Final Fantasy game as well and plenty other JRPGs.

Seriously just go and learn wapanese you fucking weeb because clearly anything that isn't 1:1 engrish literal shit won't satisfy you.
>>
>>341505218
Faggot.
>>
>>341505379
They're literally bad localizations, get over it Square is known for never having good localizations.
>>
>>341505319

I've always been amused by /v/s fixation on the idea that companies do not used retained earnings for any explicit purpose. I'm not surprised though, most 18-22 yos are retards. Only ignoramuses could suggest that multi billion dollar corporations throw their money under the mattress.
>>
>>341505007
Not necessarily, if NX is backwards compatible.
>>
>>341505007

If DQX had come out on Wii U, it might have helped. Since there was no third party support besides ports of PS3 games. And no strong first party game for almost a year. Basically, DQX could have been the best game on Wii U until Mario Kart 8 came out (and probably still would have been best after that).

Though you're just trolling so I know you wouldn't think that.
>>
>>341504861
Seems like it.
Anyhow we are getting DQ7 3DS in September so what exactly is the problem?
>>
>>341505379
Dude, I think you're arguing with like, two or three different people under the assumption that they're the same person.
>>
>>341505379

>Oh I get it, you're an amerifat that can't handle accents. Tough luck bitch.

I'm an Amerifat who doesn't understand how adult native English speakers have any issues with the accents, they're not fucking hard to understand. They're still handled poorly though.

I wasn't even talking about them though, I was talking about the numerous pointless name changes, name changes for the sake of puns, censorship, and rewrites that the games go through.

>Seriously just go and learn wapanese you fucking weeb because clearly anything that isn't 1:1 engrish literal shit won't satisfy you.

だよな。でも、もう日本語をわかる。いいよね?

I've never even played Dragon Quest in English, but from what I've seen, the localizations are mostly fucking horrible. The only thing I've seen from them that I liked are the spell names and the Starflight Express.
>>
We need to start another petition and get leddit to help.
>>
>>341506098

Stop responding to obvious bait. He does this in every DQ thread and doesn't go away until people stop responding to him. Or its past his bedtime.
>>
I'd buy it if it got a decent PC version.

They can keep their dynasty warriors trash.
>>
>>341505980
There is no problem. I was just telling another guy why I'd like Joker 3 localized, why I'm conflicted on Monsters 1 and 2 being localized, and why I didn't get JP DQ7 3DS before it was learned it was being localized.
>>
>>341505997
Nope, two different people actually and I realize that.

>>341505614
Yep, you are indeed a dumb amerifat that can't handle accents because translation-wise they are accurate and convey the entire context and emotion perfectly, just with accents sprinkled on top.
Let me guess, you also think Chrono Trigger DS, FFT PSP and FF12 are badly translated games because of dialects and accents?
And you're also a hypocrite that likes the horrible exagerrated accent in SNES translation of CT, right?
>>
>>341506281

I rarely come to Dragon Quest threads, so I don't know all the usual trolling methods.
>>
>>341505950
How would NX help out at all? Unless Nintendo can actually finally get 3rd party support, it's going to be Wii U & Wii all over again. Ever since they lost their dominance in 5th gen they've gotten less and less 3rd party support.

Even their handhelds are getting less games now.

>>341505979
>Though you're just trolling so I know you wouldn't think that.
Trolling how? Do you honestly think that people would buy Wii U in droves for DQX (considering how pretty much everything else DQ is not on Wii U either).

Making it Nintendo exclusive would be their worst decision if they were ever to publish it.
>>
>>341506325
>PC
Why the fuck are you even in this thread
>>
>>341506281
Sorry but but if you're referring to me you've got (once again - like in pretty much every fucking thread) the wrong guy.
>>
>>341506537
Was that supposed to be a question?
>>
>>341505379
Go fuck yourself. Phonetically spelled accents are literary cancer. Reading phonetically is universally agreed to be bad practice, and phonetic spelling of accents forces decent readers to switch reading styles to something worse. Other games manage to get accents across only using text by sticking to common phrases that would be used in an accent. DQ translations think that every word should be spelled exactly how an accent pronounces it.
>>
>>341506098
Kill yourself weeb, thanks for confirming what I already knew.

PS. Name changes, MUCH CENSORSHIP, SO BAD, WOW

Seriously fucking kill yourself if something as petty as name change triggers you this much.

>>341506281
Literally my first DQ related thread on /v/ in half a year, nice try though faggot.
>>
>>341506527

No one was saying it had to be Nintendo exclusive. But when Nintendo was offering to cover the cost of bringing it over, SquareEnix should have said yes. And if it did well enough, they could have brought over the PC version as well. Basically, they could have used Nintendo as a guinea pig.
>>
File: 1457248172829.jpg (502 KB, 810x1080) Image search: [Google]
1457248172829.jpg
502 KB, 810x1080
The only thing I don't want happening(Which I'm sure it will). Is DQ7 doing poorly and SE saying "Welp guess no one wants DQ"..when it's their fault.
>>
File: princess_chen.png (19 KB, 255x163) Image search: [Google]
princess_chen.png
19 KB, 255x163
>>341506712
>>341506751

>gives himself a name to claim he's a different person
>removes it and admits he's the same guy
>>
>>341506741
Literally only DQ4, 5 and 8 do it and you're still triggered. And in 8 it was of no concern at all due to voice acting.
>>
File: 1434452064919.jpg (40 KB, 428x359) Image search: [Google]
1434452064919.jpg
40 KB, 428x359
>>341506872
>He expects Nintendo to bring it over and NOT demand exclusivity
It would not have done well enough on fucking Wii U so your dreams would've been crushed anyhow.
>>
>>341506734
Yes.

Why the fuck would you assume they'd even consider a PC release?
Because they ported a shitty musou and you have the obligatory MMO?

You're clearly not a DQ fan, otherwise you wouldn't say "I'd buy it if it were on PC", you'd jump at the chance to buy it whatever it was on.
Fucking port beggars. Get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>341500448
This.

It's far too late at this point now. The hype is over for DQX. Take too long and you won't eget close to anything good in sales.

Granted it could still work but since all they have done is shit out exuses it's only going to bite them in the ass.

It's shit like this that make sme hate japan. Sega pull this bullshit, namco pulls this bullshit. Like seriously someone kill the dumbfuckers who say no to translations and put somsone in charge who wants to make money.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (59 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
59 KB, 1280x720
stop teasing me so much fucking nips
>>
File: bez tytułu.png (150 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
bez tytułu.png
150 KB, 1280x800
>>341507075
You are beyond fucking retarded, you also don't realize no person can post twice more often than 90 seconds apart of each post you fucking imbecile.
>>
I dunno why they never tried to make DQ as global as they did with FF.

Like the first DQ to be officially released in Europe was fucking DQ8 in 2006.

Some fundamental difference between Square and Enix staff thinking?
>>
>>341507117
Four and five are the games I was mainly addressing. What's your point?
>>
Oh God "Sir Mervyn" is a fucking stupid change.
I can't imagine what dogshit Aira's name will be for thi-
>>341501478
>Aishe
GODDAMNIT
>>
File: dfdfdfdf.jpg (24 KB, 383x157) Image search: [Google]
dfdfdfdf.jpg
24 KB, 383x157
>>341507075
You're a fucking moron.

You always call for samefag and each and every fucking time you're wrong.

I'm using "that guy" 4 u since you love to refer to me as "that guy"
>>
>>341499513
>said that they want to bring it over--but there are difficulties.

I feel like they always do that.
"W-We want to localize our games but t-theres difficulties"
Fuck off with that.
>>
>>341507414
Enix of america was poor as hell.
>>
>>341507414
nintendo tried hard, they even gave free copies of DQ1 to nintendo power subscribers

unfortunately for them final fantasy had already come out
>>
>>341507356
>>341507475

>you also don't realize no person can post twice more often than 90 seconds apart
Its 60 seconds. You should know this since you're working so hard to post using a work around.
>>
>>341505379
I think you don't realize that they do this shit for EVERY LANGUAGE they translate it to.
>>
>>341507428

>Aishe

I can understand Melvyn to Mervyn, Mervyn IS an acceptable translation I guess. Gabo I haven't been able to figure out. I thought maybe it was a bit of Japanese wordplay I'm not familiar with, but if it is, I couldn't find anything on it. Might just be a made up name. Aira to Aishe though is kinda nonsensical.
>>
>>341507414
We never got the original Snes games for one reason or another.

It kinda just went downhill from there.
>>
>>341499513
this looks fucking awful

why does anyone like dragon quest? it's such a chore to look at
>>
>>341507414
The first FF to release in EU was FF7 dude.

Also, there were some spin-offs that made it to EU befor VIII.

>>341507746
>Still insisting on samefag
Stop being such a retard in denial.
>>
>>341507774
Thing is, IIRC, even in the jap english name titles (the ones they use in character art) his name is Melvin.
On top of that, why the fuck does he need a "Sir" in front of him in every instance of text now? He wasn't even implied to be a knight or in any "order" of such in the original. Instead, he was God's right hand asskicker, which is far better than any title is worth.
>>
>>341507475

>I'm using "that guy" 4 u since you love to refer to me as "that guy"
You realize you just admitted to being the guy who appears in all these threads.

And since in every one of these threads, we see the same example of you posting two very similar responses within a minute of each other to anyone who argues with you, that just makes you look even worse.

>You are beyond fucking retarded
>You're a fucking moron.
Once or twice, this might be a coincidence. Doing this over a dozen threads, and it becomes way too obvious. Try just posting once in the future. Pretending to be multiple people doesn't make your argument stronger.
>>
>>341507952
>it's such a chore to look at
weak eye muscles or why?
>>
>>341508242

>even in the jap english name titles (the ones they use in character art) his name is Melvin.

Didn't know that.

>On top of that, why the fuck does he need a "Sir"

Now that I don't think is much of an issue. True, we don't know much about him, but he certainly looks like a night. Adding something like that is just a little extra that doesn't actually affect anything.
>>
>>341507952

>bright colors
>easy to identify enemies
>clear menues

Its specifically made to be easier to see. I honestly can't tell why people like to look at the mess that is FFXV, with tons of explosions, black outfits and blue streaks all over the screen.
>>
>>341508605
I just don't see the point when everyone else just goes by their names.
It's like having that one party member who only goes by their last name, when everyone else goes by their first. Just odd to me.
>>
>>341507774

Its all nonsensical. The Japanese side literally tells their translators to change every name. They even changed Deborah to Debora, just to follow this rule.
>>
>>341499513
>DQXI
New beautiful footage that I can rewatch for hours when?
>>
>>341508335
>You realize you just admitted to being the guy who appears in all these threads.
I'm admitting to being the guy you blame everyone you don't agree with to be. Even if 99% of the time you guess wrong. Every fucking time I see these threads and I haven't been around I always find you calling out someone to be the "same troll".

>Try just posting once in the future. Pretending to be multiple people doesn't make your argument stronger.
I have posted on this thread without name, but >>341507356 is not me. No matter how much you want it to be true so you don't look like a complete dumbfuck when you call for samefag boogeyman. I'm literally only using this name FOR YOU and nobody else.
>>
>>341508839

After FFXV releases in Japan. They're withholding new info as to let FFXV rev up its hype train. And not have a repeat of what happened with DQIX coming out before FFXIII.
>>
>>341508831
>they listen to the faggots and the cry about having to change every little thing
>never once consider listening to the people who just want a straight translation
DQ1ios was fucking disgusting.
>>
>>341509226

>I'm literally only using this name FOR YOU and nobody else.
I'm flattered. Now add a tripcode so I can block you. And then you'll never have anyone picking on you again.
>>
>>341507981
>The first FF to release in EU was FF7 dude.
Yeah, in 1997. Almost 10 years earlier.

I think Final Fantasy became big specifically because it switched to PlayStation combined with being at the right time and place.
Playstation has always been at the forefront when it comes to global reach, releasing in more languages and territories than any of the competition.
FF7 became a lot of people (especially in Europe) first console RPG, PS1+FF7 captured the zeitgeist back in 1997.

DQ8 launching in 2006, after the PS3 is out, JRPGs aren't novel anymore, it was not the same at all.
>>
>>341509403
Nah, I enjoy you being paranoid as fuck and calling everyone "that guy" "that same troll".
>>
>>341508831

>They even changed Deborah to Debora

Eh, kinda. デボラ directly translates to Deborah. Deborah translates to デボラ. It's just like the Tella/Tellah thing in FF IV, it's a quirk of language and nothing is really being changed when you get right down to it. I don't mind little things like that, it's the big name changes that bother me, like Loto to Erdrick (which I had to do myself in something I'm translating, unfortunately).
>>
>>341509404

FF got big because FFVII had the biggest marketing budget for a game up to that time. But the release of previous FF games also helped. Because at that time, FF became synonymous with RPGs. As there was like 15 games with the FF name released in America by then. And most other series didn't even get localized. And Pokemon hadn't come out yet.
>>
>>341509404
Just saying that both Enix and Square were in the exact same scenarios. Enix's bigger problem was that DQVII came out so late that it was almost by the time FFX was out.

>I think Final Fantasy became big specifically because it switched to PlayStation combined with being at the right time and place.
It's because they got a hugeass marketing campaign from SONY that made it into such a success.
>>
File: 1242626099443.gif (2 KB, 80x80) Image search: [Google]
1242626099443.gif
2 KB, 80x80
>>341509680

>nah, I enjoy the attention
And I just keep enabling you. Also, you forgot your name.
>>
>>341509786
I thought I told you to tell those porn fuckers to fuck off and to translate it legit.
>>
>>341509941
>nah, I enjoy the attention
I think you should try some reading comprehension. I said I'm enjoying you being paranoid as fuck and calling samefag everywhere.

> Also, you forgot your name.
I deliberately took it off because this shit isn't going anywhere with you. You'll remain a paranoid dumbass.
>>
When is Heroes 2 expected? In English, I mean.
Heroes 1 was fun for some hours, and I think they have fixed the problems for 2
>>
>>341510208

Its not announced for the west.
>>
I guess this would be the best place to ask. Has the SE conference happened already?
>>
>>341509989

Kinda hard to tell a legit company to fuck off, you don't have as much freedom as in fan translation. It's the only thing that had to be changed though.
>>
>>341510364
They didn't have a conference, just a bunch of live streams.

>>341510208
End of this year if it gets announced this year at all.
>>
>>341510414
Try working for Vic Ireland. Nothing will be sacred.
>>
>>341510347
>>341510485
That sucks. Hopefully we get it.
>>
>>341510485
>They didn't have a conference, just a bunch of live streams.
That makes sense then, thanks man. Are they still streaming?
>>
>>341510647
I'm still surprised they're doing SN6.
>>
>>341504647
The difference here is that literally fucking nobody but /v/ knows or cares about 3DS piracy.
Try to convince yourself otherwise but you're completely wrong. 3DS piracy is fucking nonexistent.
>>
>>341510752
Pretty sure it's over now. It was mostly focused on Dude Sex and XV.

>>341510894
Why act surprised?
>>
Fuck them. Fuck them hardcore if they don't localize this fucking game. I want it!!!
>>
>>341511023
>Pretty sure it's over now. It was mostly focused on Dude Sex and XV.
Ah, I see. Guess I didn't miss out on much then. Thanks again.
>>
>>341510959
It's true. I'm pretty fucking normie and I refuse to even attempt 3DS piracy because it seems too difficult.
>>
>>341510959
>The difference here is that literally fucking nobody but /v/ knows or cares about 3DS piracy.

/v/ invented 3DS piracy?
>>
>>341511023
Because I didn't think they would bother.
>>
>>341499835

Zelda and Dragon Quest would make the NX a day one purchase for me.
>>
Who cares about your shitty weeaboo faggot game. End yourself
>>
>>341511234
You're talking about Vic Ireland.

Literally bringing over niche games that nobody else would. While butchering them through awful localisations

His dream is to localise idolm@ster which he thinks is borderline pedophilia and he wants to censor it as well. It's fucking weird.

>>341511287
You consider the fact that PS4 would have the same Dragon Quest (and more)?
>>
I just want XI and Zelda on the NX
that's it
>>
>>341511287

I already bought the Wii U at launch for DQX. Thinking all the games on DS and Wii were a good sign that it was coming.
>>
>>341511287
DQXI will have already been out on the 3DS and PS4 for a year by the time the NX is released.
>>
>>341511778
You poor, poor soul.
>>
>>341511925

Mario Kart 8, Captain Toad and Kirby were fun. But I had to wait two years for them...
>>
>>341511781
I'm sorry, I wasn't aware DQXI was already out, considering the NX comes out next fucking March.
>>
>>341512078

>considering the NX comes out next fucking March.

[citation needed]
>>
>>341499513
If I don't get XI, I'll cry.

I'm getting VII and VIII, along with Builders. You fellow DQ fans with hacked 3DSs better at least get the mainline entries.
>>
>>341512213
Literally the second result on google http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/04/nintendo-announces-march-2017-launch-for-nintendo-nx-and-zelda-delay/
>>
File: 1465746840111.png (233 KB, 500x326) Image search: [Google]
1465746840111.png
233 KB, 500x326
>VII is coming out this year
>VIII will follow in summer 2017
>XI will proceed after VIII's sales tops every other 3DS game
>X is an after thought and we will never see it officially localized. Won't matter since it's trash anyways

Cap this, post it when I'm right.
>>
>>341512392

>based on financial records
>a general 'March' designation
>no official announcement

Its 'Summer 2016' for DQVII all over again.
>>
>>341512392
That's not an official announcement.

Unless Nintendo come out and say otherwise, a March 2017 release seems incredibly unlikely.
>>
>>341499513
What if anime are made into games with this graphics? It'll be awesome!
>>
File: 1350118367916.jpg (70 KB, 901x500) Image search: [Google]
1350118367916.jpg
70 KB, 901x500
>>341512785
>>>VIII will follow in summer 2017
>VIII
>summer 2017
>>
>>341512876
September is summer, they weren't wrong.
>>
>>341512785

Nothing you said is true except DQVII.
>>
File: 1465680943006.gif (1 MB, 392x400) Image search: [Google]
1465680943006.gif
1 MB, 392x400
>>341513157
Cap it and prove me wrong 365 days from now, nigga
>>
>>341499513
Japanese monsters always look like golliwogs
>>
>>341513297

Its also a generalization. NX might come out in April. That's still 'spring', but not in March.
>>
>>341513297
>September is summer
Barely.

September is autumn.
>>
>>341510414
Oh, so you're not the guy translating DQ doujins?
Tell SE to fuck off then.
>>
>>341513589
2/3 of September are not.
>>
>>341503857
>DQXI comes out this year
No, it doesn't. Horii is targeting Spring, before the end of May so it can still be a part of the anniversary.
>>
>>341504851
Where's Heroes 2? Oh right, they're not translating it because the first game sold like absolute shit in the west.
>>
>>341513795

No, I am, they're just official commissions. Might be the first DQ doujins officially, legally available in English, now that I think about it.

>Tell SE to fuck off then.

I wish. Would be pretty cool to work on actual DQ material.
>>
>>341503435
>what isn't translated is the 3DS remake of 7 and port of 8.
7 is localized. It's even coming out soon
>>
>Can buy IV, VI and IX together for the same price as V alone
Was V just a short release in Europe or something?
>>
>>341513840
Only if you're going by the equinox
>>
File: 134543334549.png (46 KB, 174x238) Image search: [Google]
134543334549.png
46 KB, 174x238
>>341515089
>fall only starts in the last half of september if you're going by the day that is literally the start of fall
Seriously, what exactly the fuck else are you supposed to go by?
>>
File: pillzhere.jpg (51 KB, 600x449) Image search: [Google]
pillzhere.jpg
51 KB, 600x449
>>341499513
Dragon Quest X was being tested on PC 2 years ago IN ENGLISH (not 100% english, but all menus and attacks were in English). It was exclusive to nvidia card owners or EVGA or something. Some weird promo. Was a pretty cool game. I'd rather have a singleplayer monster hunter though. Did enjoy the week I had to play it.

What I want is Dragon Quest 11 on PC. Fuck playing it on the PS4 or 3DS
>>
>>341504049
Even if NX is a handheld it should be powerful enough to play a gimped PS4 version. I don't see why they'd port over the 3DS version.
>>
>>341515509
You can play it when 3DS emulation is complete in a few years or when PS4 is emulatable in 2028.
>>
>>341504049
>>341515735
>NX
>handheld
>when the new Zelda and Just Dance are two confirmed games for it
I don't know about you guys, but I doubt Ubi would make a Just Dance game for a handheld.
>>
>>341516041
>bringing up Zelda when Zelda is on hardware that's already surpassed by cheap no contract phones.

There is no confirmed NX game that's out of the realm of possibility for a portable game system.
>>
>>341514409
>dq doujins
>officially, legally
Wut the zog?
>>
>>341516531
Except Just Dance.
Also the fact that they have literally no reason to drop the 3DS for a more powerful and expensive handheld yet.
>>
File: 1465580549631.png (775 KB, 694x840) Image search: [Google]
1465580549631.png
775 KB, 694x840
>>341499513
why are DQ threads always such a mess. all we do is fight and speculate instead of talking about the games we do get to play. which are 9 already.
>>
>>341517217
I've never played any and don't want to wait till spetember. Is 4 on the ds a good place to start?
>>
File: 29858329_p0.jpg (276 KB, 473x748) Image search: [Google]
29858329_p0.jpg
276 KB, 473x748
>>341517217
I can still be positive if you want.
>>
File: harry.png (217 KB, 288x499) Image search: [Google]
harry.png
217 KB, 288x499
>>341517510
the zenith trilogy is good all around. they are also on ios.
>>
>>341517510
probably the best 2bh, you may or may not like the localization though

>>341517217
I just tried Bianca in Heroes for the first time

wow, literally r1+triangle the character
>>
File: 1465706876004.jpg (431 KB, 759x903) Image search: [Google]
1465706876004.jpg
431 KB, 759x903
>>341517217

There hasn't been much to talk about over the last few years aside from SquareEnix screwing the fanbase. There's also a couple trolls who love to bitch about the series and rile up the fans.

We talk about the game when someone asks a question or brings up a topic.
>>
>>341516920

People have been trying to make selling hentai in America a regular thing for awhile now. It's been done before, and Project H has been around for awhile, though they seem to be pretty unknown even still. More companies are starting to pop up now though, some focusing on doujins because no company has really focused on them before (as far as I know).
>>
>>341516041
What if NX is 2 consoles.

Like a pair, just like they Did with Wii/DS.
>>
Question: how do you do turn based combat in an MMO?
>>
>>341518860

DQX uses a time based mechanic like most MMOs. Enemies don't wait for you to attack. What sets it apart is you have a menu to select actions (like the past DQ games). As well as a new feature of pushing enemies and using characters to block attacks. Tanks don't have to use endless threat skills to lure enemies to them. They can literally jump in front of them and push them around to block damage.
>>
>>341518860
https://youtu.be/plJAoLWYC-c?t=10m20s
>>
File: 212_01Mr_nm01.png (152 KB, 560x420) Image search: [Google]
212_01Mr_nm01.png
152 KB, 560x420
I want to impregnate Maribel!
>>
>>341517779
Good but I think I'll take my chances with ds
>>341517847
What's wrong with the localization?
>>
>>341515493
Other countries determine seasons by groups of three months.

>Winter
December, January, February
>Spring
March, April, May
>Summer
June, July, August
>Autumn
September, October, November
>>
>>341517217

Which one has the twin back girls? 4 right?
>>
>>341518249
What are you smoking m8? The DS and Wii were 2 years apart and had no relation to each other outside of the Wii being able to communicate with the DS which was purely added for Pokemon.

The NX will probably be able to connect with the 3DS and whatever handheld they release next, but it's simply going to be a home console.
>>
File: 14072539.jpg (725 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
14072539.jpg
725 KB, 1000x750
>>341519459
Yes.
>>
File: FMP.png (119 KB, 560x420) Image search: [Google]
FMP.png
119 KB, 560x420
>>341519297
>>
>>341519553
I honestly just want a nintendo handheld with two screens and hd, at least on the top screen. And a control stick on the right that isn't a nub.
>>
>>341516041
Still doubtful the NX will run the PS4 version desu

Have to see the specs first
>>
>>341519240
That's actually pretty neat, I would have thought it'd be more like FFXIV, since they had a crossover.
>>
>>341519305
>What's wrong with the localization?
a lot of accents
>>
>>341519852
It's not like the PS4 is hard to beat in the specs department.
>>
>>341519881
between the two I like DQX more since it's less of a WoW clone than FFXIV is
>>
>>341520025
Is there voice acting in these games?
>>
>>341518860
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66GP56tVEKY
>>
File: badtranslationexample2.jpg (45 KB, 430x242) Image search: [Google]
badtranslationexample2.jpg
45 KB, 430x242
>>341519305

Ack! Nothin' laddy!
>>
>>341520249
only 8 had voice acting as far as the main series goes
>>
>>341499513
I've never played a Dragon Quest game before, but this artstyle is fantastic.
>>
Why does everyone want it to be on NX all of a sudden? Is the PS4 bad now?
>>
>>341520298
>>341520391
Ok see now I'm getting it. Well time to go play 4.
>>
>>341520298

That's really not a good example, that's pretty damn easy to understand. Should have used a picture from chapter 2. That's not hard to understand either (none of it is), but it's shitty though.
>>
>>341499513
why does this game look so perfect?
>>
>>341520448
It's Toriyama, what else do you expect
>>
>>341520508
NX is bound to be the new hip n' happening and everyone wants in on that
>>
>>341519881

DQX was made by the core DQ team (obviously) as well as much of the FFXI team. And had other guys like the producer of Nier and the director of FFXIV: ARR. Its really the next 'dream team' between Square and Enix. Pretty much everyone but the core FF team (Nomura, Kitase and Toriyama) worked on it.
>>
>>341520525
>>341520298

Should've posted a cap from Ch2, which is half unintelligible typed-out-russian-accent.
>>
>>341520508
A lot of people don't want to buy a PS4 since sony's just going to keep releasing slight upgrades for it.
>>
Is it a static turn based piece of shit? I can't believe it, no way such an outdated pain in the ass could make it into a mmorpg.
>>
>>341499513
>a lot of fans were asking for it, sending letters, asking for it to be released and localized.

WHAT HAPPENED /v/? I THOUGHT THIS DIDNT WORK
>>
File: announce-ds-e.png (58 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
announce-ds-e.png
58 KB, 512x384
>>341520563

Or just the very opening sequence of Chapter 1. Sure, you can understand it. But its so cheesy, you just wish it wasn't there.
>>
>>341520809
Hello, reddit!
>>
>>341520809

Nevermind, was thinking of DQ10, I have always considered english DQ11 a given.
>>
>>341520767
That won't be until 2017, we don't know jack shit.
>releasing slight upgrades
When? I don't remember there being a PS4 upgrade available now.
>>
>>341520049
It is for Nintendo.
>>
>>341520767

I just don't want to buy a PS4 unless they announce DQ games for it. About all I want on the system right now is Odin Sphere.
>>
>>341521049
Put they've already announced DQXI for PS4
>>
>>341520991
4.5 is coming soon and they're most likely going to release a 4k model after that to compete with scorpio.
>>
>>341520508
PS4 doesn't have anything that interests me that isn't also on Vita or another platform.
Since the NX will have comparable or better specs, the third party weeb games that are coming to PS4 should come to NX as well.
>>
>>341520896

>But its so cheesy, you just wish it wasn't there.

That I can agree with. Not hard to understand, but still painful to read.
>>
>>341503435
>DQ8 3DS is just a downgraded port of the PS2 version with censored costumes and a little extra content for post-game

And two more playable characters. And more skills. And more weapons. And more voice dialogues. And a Online Mode. And re-orchestrated soundtrack. And a Arena mode. And more side-quests. And more dungeons. And more monsters. And non-random battles

But yeah, just a downgraded port after all
>>
File: Bender.jpg (78 KB, 450x334) Image search: [Google]
Bender.jpg
78 KB, 450x334
>testing the waters for dragon quest
>hasn't mentioned DQ7 in the remote slightest since the nintendo direct
>most people INCLUDING RETAILERS aren't even aware is has a slated release date now for September 16, 2016 in north america
>dragon quest heroes had a very silent release of only being mentioned once on twitter with no concrete date then showed up on shelves followed by a PC port a few months later

I'm just gonna place my bets on SE bitching and moaning about sales of 7, 8, and Builders followed by complete silence from them for another 8 years.
>>
>>341520991
Playstation 4 Neo to compete with the Xbox One 2.
>>
>>341521151

Not confirmed for western release yet.
>>
>>341519305
whoever oversees the localization direction has an obsession with puns and accents to the n'th degree. to the point they will rename things to make a pun, it's really obvious in DQIX because they rename that temple you class changed at to a pun, when it's original name is the same one used for DQ7's temples, that Enix used int he english version.
>>
>>341520679
>everyone but the shitters worked on it
God damn, now I understand why people want this game so bad. I just waved it off as another FF-like MMO in the past.
>>
>>341521159
>the third party weeb games that are coming to PS4 should come to NX as well
Not at all.

Devs jumped ship from Nintendo despite the PS1 being considerably weaker than the N64 because of Nintendo's business practices. Not a lot has changed in that regard.
>>
>>341521272

In a way, its understandable that Japanese retailers take this view. Since a lot of Japanese games get these types of stealth releases. The problem is, SquareEnix then expects the games to sell 2+ million. Which they wouldn't even expect that from a DQ spin off game in Japan with tons of marketing. And even with no marketing and limited print runs, DQ spin off games still sell like 300k or more in the west. Clearly making a profit.

So basically, the problem, as it always is, comes down to SquareEnix.
>>
>>341521013
But this is nu-Management Nintendo, with Aonuma realising why Skyward Sword was trash, and admitting that the gamepad as a selling point was a mistake.
>>
>>341520767
>>341521302
>>341521153
Why does that matter? We've already had confirmation that Neo won't be a different console with its own exclusives.
We've been explicitly told it's just a more powerful PS4 and every game will be available on both.
>>
>>341521803
Nothing has changed in regards to third party. Hence why Nintendo still has little to none.
>>
>>341522053
Replied to wrong post. Ignore.
>>
>>341503435

>DQ8 3DS is just a downgraded port of the PS2 version with censored costumes and a little extra content for post-game.

The copypasta I created isn't in the archives anymore for some reason, but off the top of my head:

- Shittier graphics
- Some censorship (some of Jessica's costumes, a titty witch enemy has slightly more of her boobs covered, a couple of scenes with censorship of arm stabbing and forced dog food eating)
- Instant alchemy
- HP/MP restored on level up
- Can see how much EXP is required to level up in the menus
- Two new dungeons
- New costumes
- Picture taking sidequest
- Can save anywhere
- Voice acting (though the English PS2 version had it already)
- Orchestral soundtrack (not new to English fans)
- Two new characters, both of which are pretty nice

And some other stuff I know I'm forgetting.
>>
>>341500291
Sadly, DQMJ2 sold like shit because SE was fucking retarded with its release. I don't think we're going to get Monsters games ever again, considering they even sent cease and desist letters to the people translating 2 Pro.
>>
>>341521272
Is it just hindsight or was this less of an issue during the 5th and 6th generations? I remember plenty of weird japanese games coming out.
>>
>>341521397

To be honest, I kinda like Alltrades Abbey.
>>
>>341521893
Because they released a console, waited two years with no games while waiting for the sales to stack up, announced a few games that won't release for years, and now want to release a better version of the console? The same company that put their overpriced handheld with super expensive memory cards out to die, then abandoned it and blamed it on the market?
Why the fuck would I buy a PS4 to play DQXI when they'll release a new version at E3, a month or two later? Why would I buy that version when they won't support it and are likely to abandon it for the PS4.75?
>>
>>341519305
It's like reading Redwall, except every character speaks like one of the moles. You can generally still understand what they're saying, but it sure as hell makes it annoying to read.
>>
>>341522317
you'd almost think they set it up to fail, deliberately localizing the lacking original version when the people who wanted the game would have been quite aware it had an updated version.

Honestly i'm still impressed DQ localizing has gotten as far as it has. I can only imagine the fanbase really is non stop brute forcing hammering in they want to buy these games to SE
>>
>>341522571
So I take it you never bought a 3DS because of the N3DS, right?
>>
>>341522504
The problem i have is it's too much of a 'fuck whatever the source name is, insert a made up one that's a pun' if the soruce name was originally a pun and the pun's being rewritten for english, ok ii get that, but i swear they'd probably try to call slimes 'Goonions' if it wouldn't get them shot.

they need to dial the puns back a bit more.
>>
>>341506741
Thats why i have such a hard time reading lovecraft, fucking accents messing up the pace
>>
>>341523041
The one example that really sticks out to me is the town in IX where everyone is dying from the mysterious disease.
>lol everybody's dying and it's super sad
>let's call the town coffinwell, get it xD
>>
>>341522701

Multiple people in SE have all but said they don't want to support DQ in the west, citing everything from sales numbers to 'lack of demand'. Issue is, none of their excuses hold up to even basic scrutiny. Despite staggered releases and almost no marketing, DQ as a series is still one of the top 5 best selling JRPG series outside of Japan. And if SquareEnix put even 10% of the marketing into DQ as they do FF, it would probably be selling as much as they expect it to.

So while I don't perscribe to the theory that SE is intentionally trying to sabotage the DQ series, they clearly are doing jack shit to help it. So its easy for people to assume that's what they're doing.
>>
>>341523328
right there, that's the exact part of their localization I hate. it reminds me of a guy who literally cannot be serious for a single fucking second.
>>
>>341522317
That would really suck. I have been hoping for DQM2 3DS since the original is one of my favorites. Even if it's not technically necessary to have the dialog in English I find it a lot more enjoyable so I don't really want to import it.
>>
>>341523041

Yeah I agree. I think it's a clever name, but it's still not something I can agree with. There are good arguements for name changes sometimes, when they actually have a good reason they're fine, but changes just for the sake of it are bullshit.

>>341523328

That one was pretty bad. It was just Bekselia in the Japanese version (or Bekuseria or Bekseria or however you want to translate it).
>>
File: goOdIe_BaG.jpg (594 KB, 938x706) Image search: [Google]
goOdIe_BaG.jpg
594 KB, 938x706
>>341523328

I was really disgusted by that too. But then, I was disgusted by most of what they did in DQIX. Or pretty much any game Plus Alpha worked on. I mean look at this shit. Sure you can read it. But its just disgusting no matter how you look at it. I'd like to see them try this shit in a FF game. See how well that goes over.
>>
>>341523624
Honestly it sounds more like it's a specific higher up who just hates the notion of the Enix Ip outselling FF. the seemingly illogical reasons to avoid it, the outright refusal to do 'anything' even when other companies will foot the bill,

I see it less as sabotage and more say Joe Squaresoft staffer going 'No DQ is dumb, and i refuse to let it ever prove me otherwise even if i hurt the companies profits"
>>
>"hey anon, I heard you're a masochist. Well when my girlfriend and I get together for some naughty business, she beats my asshole to a bloody pulp with a cane covered with broken glass then forces me to clean up the bloody mess on my knees using only my tongue and with my hands behind my back. Can you top that?"
>"I'm a Dragon Quest fan living in America"
>"whoa dude, I'm not that freaky!"
>tfw

https://youtu.be/xqCJqVZcpxU
>>
>>341523624
My theory is that the DQ team is happy about being so loved in Japan and where they are that they worry about Americans ruining it for them if it gets popular in the west.
Like how FF got more and more westernized, casualized, and made to appeal to a global market.
>>
>>341524191
>Westernized
Have you seen how anime as fuck 15 is?
>>
>>341521483
Nintendo isn't using carts anymore though

So yes, things have changed
>>
>>341524191
I think you're just inserting NoA logic into it. SE japan probably don't actually care if DQ isn't as huge in murica compared to japan.

it's more likely either a higher up who decides projects outright hates DQ and specifically has to be fought tooth and nail o get them over, or Se massively underestimated the Market for DQ games constantly, and refuse to accept they did so until forced to by having no other choice.
>>
>>341506098
>だよな。でも、もう日本語をわかる。いいよね?

I hope you don't ever try using that in Japan, that's even more awkwardly written than you'd read in a GENKI textbook.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.