[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wait, is there a single reason to own xbox huan? It's an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 1Ag1Ykbq_400x400.jpg (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1Ag1Ykbq_400x400.jpg
18 KB, 400x400
Wait, is there a single reason to own xbox huan? It's an inferior console in terms of hardware and exclusives, so what's the point?
>>
If you don't want a PC and don't care for Japanese games, then it might be worth it.
That's pretty much the only reason.
It looks like PC+Playstation is the way to go, just like last gen.
>>
>>341499739
>just like last gen
Underage or just in denial. 360 was the better choice for the half of 7th gen that mattered.

But this gen, Xbox is fucking pointless. PS4 is a hundred times the better choice.
>>
>>341499931
Compare 360 exclusives to PS3 exclusives, PC exclusives or even fucking Wii exclusives. It had so very little going for it.
Yes, at the very start the PS3 suffered from no-games. But the 360 had RROD problems and the PS3 started getting good games.

The only good Xbox was the very first one. Since then it's been pointless - unless, of course, that you only want a single platform. Then it might be decent enough.
>>
>>341500469
>Compare 360 exclusives to PS3 exclusives
First half of 7th gen (the half that mattered most), 360 beat PS3 and Wii in this regard. It always beat Wii in that regard, Wii's games sucked overall. PC is non-applicable because it always beats every console.
>>
>>341499276
same reason people bought PS3s

They are fucking idiots that care about what symbol is on the car rather than whats under the hood.

Why do you care OP? Youre the same as those people. Just a brand loyal cuck boy willing to take a load in the mouth if it has the sticker you like included.

You all fucking pathetic children. If youre not a child and you actually care about this shit then youre 10 times worse and the only salvation you can attain is through suicide.
>>
>>341501072
Easy there, you might cut yourself on that edge, boi.
>>
>>341501059
Why is it the half that mattered the most? The 360 became increasingly irrelevant during the later years, while the PS3 keep getting exclusives. It's a cop-out to claim that the 360 is a better choice because it arguably did better in the first half. We're not talking about which console was a good choice during the first 1-2 years.

I can't see how you'd say that a 360+PC is better than PS3+PC. It's sorely lacking anything that stands out, unless you're a huge Halo fan.
>>
>>341502027
>I actively partake in platform war faggotry
>my brand is better than your brand
>stop pretending you dont care this is the most important thing in the whole world to me
>Im totally not a pathetic child/manchild

kill
your
self
>>
>>341502336
To be fair, OP didn't say anything about what other console he prefers. He's just saying that he can't see the reason to own an xbox.
He might love the wiiu, the ps4, both of them, neither of them...
>>
>>341499276
no just get a pc with windows 10 since the platforms are now essentially combining
>>
>>341501072
bitch please 360 doesn't even have metal gear 4 even after everything went cross plat.

not even justifying the rest with a response.
>>
>>341502685
>directly comparing it to the PS4

dont try to claim ignorance now OP

kill
your
self
>>
>>341502148
>Why is it the half that mattered the most?
Because Steam got big around 2010 and 8th gen technically started 2013. If you seriously think PS3 was better overall, you're desperately trying to revision 7th gen. It got better, but it was too late too little. They blew it with that awful launch.

>I can't see how you'd say that a 360+PC is better than PS3+PC
It was better for like 1-2 years out of the 7 years they were relevant consoles.
>>
File: do you need help.jpg (186 KB, 608x1070) Image search: [Google]
do you need help.jpg
186 KB, 608x1070
>>341503054
see
>>341502336

consider suicide
>>
File: battlestation.png (1 MB, 1029x719) Image search: [Google]
battlestation.png
1 MB, 1029x719
Just to have the option, I guess. I have an xbone, and I only own Titanfall, Dead Rising 3, Master Chief Collection, Ryse, and Killer Instinct.

As you can see, all games from it's launch window.

Though, I do wish I bought Resident Evil Revelations 2 on the xbone, because it runs much better compared to the PS4 version.
>>
>>341501059
How about some examples fuccboi
>>
>>341503167
Welp, we're gonna have to agree to disagree.
The PS3 had a slow start, sure. I didn't buy it until over 3 years into the gen. But when you already have a PC, there's little reason to have a 360. There simply aren't enough exclusives.
The PS3 is still getting exclusives to this day. IMO, the 360 can't compete. The PS3 is the best companion to a PC.

Sure, if you don't give a fuck about jap games then the PS3 loses a lot of it's charm, but other than that I don't think the 360 is a better choice.
>>
>>341503287
what makes you think I actually care? sega died back when so theres nothing to rave about anymore, I just don't like microsoft, and am pointing out they are lacking a huge title game. does this make you angry?

oh yea and jump off a bridge motherfucker.
>>
>>341504551
>posts about brand vs another brand kiddy playground shit
>WHY DO YOU THINK I CARE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

you cant even make this shit up. You kids are fuckinf transparent at this point
>>
>>341499276
>doubting mighty huan
you had better stop fucking around in Jian affairs, maggot
>>
>>341503848
>>341503848
Back then, PS3's library was just not up to par. 360 had Dead Rising, Mass Effect, Halo 3/ODST, Gears of War, Ninja Gaiden 2, Left 4 Dead, Fable 2... and also more interesting mid-budget titles like Bullet Witch, Culdcept Saga, Tenchu Z, Crackdown, Deadly Premonition (though that was 2010). It also had a lot of bullet hells for fans of those games. XBL was also much better than PSN at that point, and the 360 controller was better for FPS games, and also had better PC support. PS3 just did not compete back then.
>>
>>341499931
Pretty much this. PC is timeless and will always be relevant but in terms of generations it was nintendo for the earlier days, maybe a ps1, then the year of the ps2, and then Xbox 360 which dethroned playstation. Now it's ps4 once again with xbone literally having no purpose now that all its exclusives will be on PC. Not that it had a purpose when it's only games before we're killer instinct (which is ok at best but there are better fighters) or Halo 5 which is also just ok at best (but there are better halos) the main reason the 360 one last Gen was because of the game development slump the japs fell into. All the Japanese games last Gen were super dated and played like shit, the only way you could like them is if you were a dedicated weeaboo. And the wii was caught up in shit motion controls.

In general tho I usually go for Sony as my console, nintendo for my handheld, and then a PC for everything else. Although I did get a wii u on black Friday since it's the only console that gives half a shit about same screen gameplay, to the point where most games on it can be played coop or competitive on the same console.
>>
>>341502336
Calm down, I was just curious how xbots justificate their purchase, that's all.
Also,yes, I am a child, not pathetic though, why should I be ashamed of this?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.