[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>remastering from the ground up >a remaster not a remake
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: Crash-Bandicoot.jpg (34 KB, 930x523) Image search: [Google]
Crash-Bandicoot.jpg
34 KB, 930x523
>remastering from the ground up
>a remaster not a remake
>remaster is identical to original, save for graphical updates
>identical game = identical cheats/features

Crash 1 had a secret/cheat where you could play the demo of spyro the dragon 1 in the main menu built directly into the games code.

Guys...
>>
File: Cheers.jpg (25 KB, 400x304) Image search: [Google]
Cheers.jpg
25 KB, 400x304
>>341491449
This remaster is going to expose the Crash games for being the dog shit they always were.

I can't wait to sit back and laugh at the reactions.

Screencap this.
>>
>>341492164
maybe I will but only if you elaborate
>>
>>341492164

What a bitter soul.

How sad you are.
>>
>>341492164
>>341492360
>>341492447
did you even read my post?

S P Y R O
P
Y
R
O
>>
>>341492164
They're okay.
>>
>>341492164
>crash 1, 2, 3, ctr
>dog shit

throw yourself out of the window
>>
>>341492628
you don't seriously believe that do you?
>>
oh fuck off OP, i'm excited about a new spyro now

i'm going to be really depressed when it turns out to either not be true or shit you cunt
>>
>>341491449
The Spyro the Dragon demo was in Warped, not the first game. That would be cool though to add and nostalgic if they put a code like that in the manual. Sort of a hint to a Spyro remaster.
I want a Spyro remaster to happen. I miss him ;_;
>>
Spyro is way more overrated than crash
>>
>>341492164
gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>341493085
>>341493242
If they wanted to really make a big deal they would do it.

If they remaster a fucking game dont you think they should commit to remaking all of the games features?

Plus they own both IPs, I see it as a marvelous business opportunity for activision/sony
>>
>>341492164
What does this even mean? I replayed all the Crash games like a year ago and had fun, why would I hate the remasters?
>>
>>341493339
true, this is what i meant.
>>
>>341493614
There will either be a little Spyro-related easter egg, a nod at something else entirely, or just nothing

What you proposed would be a cool idea but you're delusional if you actually expect it
>>
>>341492164
They just don't hold up well. You just outed yourself as an underage piece of shit.
>>
>>341493829
because the crash games (and the Jak games too) are only loved due to blind nostalgia. They really aren't that great when replaying them, decent-at-best. Compared to other platformers the only big deal was that they were Sony-exclusive.
>>
Why would I buy this when they're just going to make the games easier and butcher the gameplay? I have the three originals still.
>>
>>341492164

That doesn't make any sense. Why would a remaster 'expose them'. If they were dogshit, they were dogshit. We won't go "oh, damn, this remaster is really revealing how bad they are". If you like the games you like them, the remaster won't change that.
>>
>>341494153
You just admitted they are still good games though
>>
>>341494541
decent =/= good. Decent, at least for me, means playable. It's not broken. Good means I'd replay it sometime. Can't say I ever want to revisit any of those games.
>>
>>341494153
>>341494767
Nigger I've been replaying 2 since the conference, it's still great.
>Compared to other platformers the only big deal was that they were Sony-exclusive.
No, they were a big deal for being some of the best looking platformers at the time that still managed to be fun.
>Decent, at least for me, means playable.
Then say playable because most people would agree that decent=good.
>>
>>341494153
And yet out of all the Playstation exclusive platformers, Crash is the one people talk about wanting to return the most.

I mean, I prefer games like Ape Escape over it, but there are far more Crash fans calling for a revival. Clearly it's more than just nostalgia or exclusivity.
>>
>>341495138
2 and 3 are very nice.

1 is nice but its a real big challenge compared to the other games.

1 is platformer hell at some points

>slippery climb
>>
>>341495138
If we're gonna argue semantics then we're gonna be here for a while.

But I disagree they're good platformers. They feel like user-made levels that weren't playtested for me. It's samey, far more repetitive than anything like Ratchet and Clank or Mario, and playing with a d-pad is goddamn horrible.
>>
>>341493339

The Spyro code should do SOMETHING. I'd love to see anything out of it.
>>
>>341494153
>my opinion is fact
>>
>>341491449
> Implying a string cannot be pulled from lines of coding.
> Implying that this has never been done.
>>
File: drphilhavingjustshaved.jpg.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
drphilhavingjustshaved.jpg.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
>mfw sonyponys think their shit fur bait excuses for franchises are in any way shape or form anything other than complete and utter dirty brown water trash

Rehash bandisloot, shy pooper, ratshit and stank, ballsac and haxtar, isharted and so many other shitty franchises are complete ass and the only reason anyone thinks they're anything close to not the functional equivalent of a heaping mound of garbage is because they were the few games that took more than 20 minutes to beat among the mountain of shovel ware shit that got dumped on the wobbleststion 2 which is all you played with when you were kids because your family was to fucking poor to buy anything other than some two bit nip cuck mediocre DVD player

Fuck off faggots
>>
File: 1370301953345.gif (3 MB, 178x179) Image search: [Google]
1370301953345.gif
3 MB, 178x179
>>341495996
how long did you take to come up with these names
>>
>>341492164
>Crash CTR
>dogshit
mate I'll fucking gobble yer wanker
>>
>>341492164
Played them like two years ago and I found them to be really fucking good even today.
>>
>>341495538
D-pad only for 1 made it annoying yes. But both 2 and 3 had analog support.
>But I disagree they're good platformers. They feel like user-made levels that weren't playtested for me
What are you comparing it to to get the idea of user made levels.
>It's samey, far more repetitive than anything like Ratchet and Clank or Mario
No it's not, Crash levels are incredibly varied.
>semantics
I'm sorry your use of the word does not match up with its actual definition.
>>
File: 1463426319640.png (139 KB, 500x449) Image search: [Google]
1463426319640.png
139 KB, 500x449
>>341492164
But the crash games have superb gameplay.

I replay 2 and 3 every 1-2 years
>>
>>341495538
I'm starting to get the sneaking suspicion that you've only played the first one.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.