[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which of these should I play? I own both but never touched either.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: boxart-large.png (310 KB, 479x241) Image search: [Google]
boxart-large.png
310 KB, 479x241
Which of these should I play? I own both but never touched either. Which one is shorter?
>>
>>341490010
daily reminder that MM is the best zelda ever made
>>
mm
>>
MM. Link Between Worlds has the same overworld as Link to the Past with an alright gimmick.
>>
I like LBW better but you can't go wrong with either.
>>
>>341490010
LBW is shorter.
>>
>>341490010
ALBW if you wanna do without Hero Mode.
MM otherwise, including 100% run.
>>
>>341490010
Both you stupid cunt
>>
>>341490010

Play both, great games
>>
File: 1452877391492.jpg (12 KB, 206x235) Image search: [Google]
1452877391492.jpg
12 KB, 206x235
>>341490325
Muh nigga.
Fresh pasta incoming

MMfag here so I would essentially have the mask collecting thing make a return. A simplistic idea but I would have an increase in the total mask number from what it was in MM.

The cool part however; is that I would also introduce the "Face Sword". This guy would also double as the classic companion character. A sword that has a blank face on its guard that the various masks in the game could be equipped to, giving it various powers and puzzle solving utilities. The game would be gloriously difficult in places where you had to nimbly switch between masks both on Link and the sword in a very short span of time to use the very subtle effects each variety imparts in a given situation.
>One mask to raise a cube of earth from the ground, then a fire mask to strike only the left side of that cube (aim carefully), a time-slow mask on Link so you can run to the other side before the fire runs out, and put the bunny hood on the sword whose now-fast thrusts are the only thing that can hit every puzzle slot in time.
Have enemies in certain challenge modes/areas require things like this as well.
1/3.
>>
Both are great.
>>
>>341492409
The best part; not only would you have unique masks different from MM (bring back the old must-haves of course) you'd also get to actually place the masks on your SWORD at the same time, granting you elemental transformations, puzzle-solving utilities, and other abstract stuff. Maybe replace the Ocarina by having a legendary "Bard Mask" that you must aquire that you then place on your sword to gain the song making mechanic. Put it on Link to -learn- the various songs throughout the game. Put it on the sword to -play- the songs. You can even use 2 masks at once by equiping one on Link, one on the sword. Best part is that the Transformation masks (of which I'm thinking 5 instead of 3) will change the instrument depending on the race.
Heck even have the minor masks add these purely aesthetic aesthetic -slight- musical/visual alterations (or even with a tiny puzzle solving potential) to the base instrument. I also have an idea for another mask category other than transformation. 'Summon Masks'. The only one of which I have thought up is Midna's Fused Shadow. Putting it on summons Imp Midna. Put it on the sword; True Midna. Midna + Bard-Sword would even give her a Twili instrument to play instead of you.
This would be how the optional pick-a-companion thing some people are clamoring for would operate. Tons of waifu potential, had idea for a mechanic grill that would use a bunch of gadgets including a mortar to rain hell from, the back while you charge the front. Pretty much pic related.
2/3
>>
File: 1451519616357.jpg (154 KB, 1550x1400) Image search: [Google]
1451519616357.jpg
154 KB, 1550x1400
>>341492572
Each summon character, lets use Midna as an example, would have two modes: contextual and companion (mask on Link and Sword respectively). Midna in Imp from would do her action like playing a Twili instrument among others then go away. Putting a Summon mask on Face would bring True Midna with dual Twili scimitars or some shit and would follow you "Hey I'll carry yo shit" style. May or may not deprive you of your sword, dunno.

There would be three special masks; one would be the mid game occurrence that is equivalent of gaining the upgraded Sword in the previous titles; the Mimic Mask. Now whatever mask you have on will be treated as if it's also on Link/Face Sword at the same time. The Goron weapon/item/action/effect can now be wielded by the Goron itself etcetera; boosting and/or altering it slightly.
The others would be the Bard Mask and, surprise surprise, Majoras Mask. I plan on having Fierce Diety be the antag so a fun little gimmick in having the final mask you collect be obtained in the same way you got FD in MM would be kickass. You know everyone and their grandma wondered what it'd be like for Link to don Majoras Mask so now they can. It'd be limited where you could put it on but just boss battles was kinda gay so it could have rare uses in the creme-de-la-creme of challange modes and puzzles.
3/3
>>
Never understood the appeal to Majora's Mask. A Link Between Worlds was actually fun.
>>
ALttP > ALBW
>>
I started Majora's Mask two days ago

I'm in the mountains and I'm loving it so far. I feel like I missed out on some great stuff in my childhood, I'll have to finally work on my backlog.
>>
I've been expecting Happy Mask Salesman to be an extremely evil mastermind behind everything, what a shame. He's great.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.