[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rainbow Six Siege
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
File: 20160525025039_1.jpg (263 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
20160525025039_1.jpg
263 KB, 1600x900
I'm just curious. Why does no one talk about this game? Is it just that no one is playing it?? And before you say "b-but ubishit", I think this game is genuinely good. I have 300+ hours on it. (I wasn't using acog at the time, but have replaced holo with acog)
>>
People here can fathom that ubisoft made something good, also isn't there still problems with hackers on the PC?
>>
>>341484971
I have only seen one hacker that I knew for certain was hacking. I'm not sure if they really have a good handle on it though. I hope they do so I can continue enjoying this game.
>>
>>341485640
Only problem on console is with people just team killing for no reason, but to troll. I think Ubisoft needs to figure out a fix for it. Besides that really the game is great.
>>
>>341486158
I play on pc, I don't usually get this but they have made a system that kicks you if you tk more than once. Also killing the hostage is punishable too. Do they not have this on console??
>>
>>341486735
they do but you have to kill like 3-4 people i think, and a lot of people do it
>>
>>341486735
Yeah they do, but what most people will do it just kill right at the beginning. Like throw a C4 and blow up two or more people. It also resets if they just keep killing one person on the team not more than two.
>>
>>341484402
/vg/ has thread for this. It has a pretty friendly community on their.
>>
File: 774912805812.png (867 KB, 830x710) Image search: [Google]
774912805812.png
867 KB, 830x710
>>341484402
It's a tactical shooter. That means it's too hard for gamers.
>>
>>341487364
Bet you think that Vegas 1 and 2 are tactical shooters too.
>>
>>341487056
>>341487021
Ah I see, so the console system for kicking is different then? It seems to do a pretty good job of kicking tk'ers on pc at least.
>>341487153
I didn't know this. I'll have to look into that.
>>341487364
Yes, you're right. But if they don't take it too seriously they can just play in casual and still have loads of fun.
>>
>>341487592
>I never played Siege before
>>
>>341487751
Well on PC if we get team killers we just kick them.
Had one match where 2 tools where killing team mates. I guess they wanted to be butt buddies and duo it themselves. We kicked them lost a round but gained 2 OK players instead.
>>
It's a fun game but the latency is so bad it's unreal
>>
I'm half tempted to pick up the starter edition version they put out, but the idea of having to grind a ton to unlock more characters and shit is really unappealing to me, especially since it seems like the differences between characters is pretty important compared to just being re-skins.
>>
I'd rather play vegas 2 desu
>>
>>341489772

Eh, I bought it the day they announced it and already have seven operators because of discounts. Could have even more but I've only played about 20 hours or so
>>
>>341488331
Yeah, I've had a few teams generally cooperate like that is well when we have a dick head or two on the team. The kick system is nice. Only real problem I've had is people baiting you into shooting them by aiming at your head. Don't know how to fix that. I'd much rather shoot them before they shoot me and get to continue playing.
>>341489772
You really should pick it up. What does the starter edition offer you? Idk as I bought the full version as soon as it came out. Community could always use more players though!
>>
>>341484402
Great game have over 300 hours with my friends.

Played ranked mode and hit plat 3. Dropped to plat 1 after running into several hackers in row. We played again for a bit once the new US operators came out but lost interest when we played 3 blatant hackers in a row on casual. Hell one was named uplay_is_broken.

Got us so butthurt we stopped playing. I'll make a webm now of it.
>>
>>341490210
>What does the starter edition offer you?

According to the FAQ you get two operators out of the basic pool (I guess the ones from the base game and not DLC?) and then credits to buy two more operators out of the remaining pool.

It also says that to unlock more operators it'll take about 15 hours of play time each to unlock one compared to 2 hours max in the full version.
>>
>>341490308
Sucks that you got discouraged from playing it :/ Never ran into that many consecutive hackers. Consider coming back to play?
>>
>>341490774
We will once we get bored of overwatch and new operators again come out.
>>
Great game since I got it for free when I bought my video card.
>>
It is currently on of the 2 games I play the most. So this and Sm4sh. I like it a lot, feels very rewarding when you pull crazy shit off. It is also very unforgiving and in an industry full of "forgiving" games with little to no consequence this hits the spot for me. I'm not super good yet but I am working on it, currently only clearance level 40 but I'll hopefully play more on weekends when I don't have fuckhuge reading assignments.
>>
>>341490593
Except that they have centain operators on a rotating sale, which is pretty much regular credit cost for each. The down side is that you don't get to pick which ones but you'll get them all soon enough
>>
File: hacker.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hacker.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>341490308
>>341490774
Here is the said hacker. Like I said the game is fun, great, and rewarding. Just some people choose to ruin it.
>>
>>341492281
>Uplay_Is_Broken

wew lad
>>
>>341490593
Why the fuck would it take sooo long? Less renown??? Or higher cost? I just don't understand how it could take 1 5 h o u r s
>>341490992
>>341492281
It's good that you plan to come back, sorry about the bad experience -_- Hate people that choose to ruin the fun. What is even the motive? Do they do it because they're too bad to play well normally? I just don't understand why someone would do that.
>>
>>341491362
It is easily my most played game right now as well. I'm level 95, but you don't have to be a really high level to enjoy the game. Although I must admit it's nice having all of the ops
>>
>>341493784
From the sound of it you get less renown than you would normally or something like that.
>>
Best shooter I played in the last 10 years.
Worst netcode I've seen
Also most of the community has turned to shit.
I miss the First two months when people were nice and Not blatantly hacking
>>
>>341493784
operators cost 12500 instead of 500/2000
>>
>>341494272
I haven't really felt the community turn to shit. Maybe I'm just blind due to my own enjoyment of the game?
>>341494337
Jizzus Crust... That is far too much to be paying for one op. But I guess I didn't spend actual money on the full game haha
>>
>>341495218
Oops *Did, I did spend actual money on the full game. I suppose if I had waited it would've been more of a time investment to get the other ops and I would've been fine with that. The starter edition seems to be a pretty good investment.
>>
The servers have been UTTER TRASH since the dawn of this game. It has gotten better, but far too slowly.

It took two or three months before they pushed out the first patch to fix the issues, except the patch didn't fix anything at all.

A few months after that they pushed out a patch to fix the issues they claimed to have fixed previously, it did help somewhat, but the servers are still fucked.

Currently the servers are still spontaneous and fucky at best, and there are plenty of other non-gameplay focused issues. A very good game that could have gotten a ton of money and players, ruined by Ubisoft being Ubisoft.
>>
>>341492281
I could actually believe such a move being pulled, if a drone or camera had vision and if he kept firing instead of shooting only four times.
>>
Post your favorite operators
Attacker
>IQ
>Thatcher
>Fuze
Defender
>Kapkan
>Mute
>Jager
I'm shit at Kap though. I've probably gotten 6 kills with the booby trap in my 25+ hours of playing.
>>
>>341495591
I think the biggest problem I had with the servers was I got placed on a br server.. I got placed on a br server and played and played because I thought I would have been placed in the us east server automatically. I would, right? Wrong. I was playing on an entirely wrong server up until level 75 or so. Then I finally discovered what was wrong and switched. Now I can finally play and not be plagued by "Por que?" Only other issue would be that when I leave a lobby, I occasionally will get put right back into the same lobby. Like no, if I'm leaving a lobby I don't want to get put right back into the same one.
>>
>>341496410
It's really not surprising. His trap is shit.
>>
Tried getting into the game but its impossible for me to invite my friend to my squad
>>
>>341496410
>Post your favorite operators
Attacker:
>Buck (Although I just started playing him)
>Sledge
>Blitz
Defender:
>Jager (My love, most played op by far)
>Valk
>Pulse
>>
>>341496439
>I was playing on an entirely wrong server up until level 75 or so.

lmao
How high was your ping?
>>
>>341484402
It didn't get much marketing besides an E3 spot
Ubisoft wanted to focus on The Division for that money
UPLAY
Ubisoft scared everyone off with microtransactions and a season pass which are pretty unnecessary
It's not CS:GO
Hacker scare (even though the majority of claims are Eastern europeans not knowing how positioning and drones work and premades just stomping)
Steamfags
R6 fanbase is divided between pre Lockdown, Vegas and the mainstream market which just play it because it has guns
Patches and updates are incredibly slow and I think everyone is scared that the game could die as soon as Ubi finds the next big money maker.

It's a lot of fun and the destruction/breaching adds a lot to those tense games. I'd recommend it if you can get it on sale.
>>
>>341497063
Well, since I live in bumfuck Florida it wasn't all too bad. Mid 100's though. Idk how I dealt with it. I think the worst part was never being able to talk to ANYONE though. I don't know how I didn't see it sooner. I couldn't talk to almost anyone because they were all speaking a different language. If only I had paid better attention in Spanish class I guess..
>>341497648
I get that USHIT sucks, but they really did make a good game here. So many times I've had games that get my heart racing, and it's so rewarding to clutch those intense situations. The transactions are really only as bad as league or any other game with transactions I feel. Although I don't know how much I like the whole "Season pass" thing. Never bought it.
>>
>>341496410
Attacker
>IQ
>Thatcher
>Sledge
>Monty
Defender
>Doc
>Rook
>Pulse
>Valkyrie

Which of the new operators should I buy next? I only have Valkyrie.
>>
>>341499632
Black beard is cheese as fuck if you use him on windows/peek correctly. Frost I'd say is best for her shotgun if you like that, you just have to get used to where you should be placing your traps. And buck is very good in some scenarios. Like yesterday I was playing and the fact that I had a shotgun+rifle secured a 1v3 clutch. I'd recommend buck just based off of how fun that was.
>>
File: 441-450 (3).webm (1 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
441-450 (3).webm
1 MB, 720x405
They are not always hackers btw
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.