[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do I need to watch every episode of South Park to get all the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (119 KB, 1035x684) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119 KB, 1035x684
Do I need to watch every episode of South Park to get all the jokes in this game? That's a lot of episodes if I do.
>>
>>341477178
if you understand south park humor and find it funny that's all you need to know. Maybe like 5 episodes from any season the last 5 years if you've never touched South Park and you'll get it.
>>
There are shit-ton of references to old episodes, but they're extremely minor. Like items in the background, or children's rooms, or just trash item descriptions. I don't remember anything that was only a joke if you got the reference. Either it's funny in and of itself even if it's a callback, or you just don't care for South Park humor.
>>
Alot of recent material usually comes from trending news in real life. As long as you're not living under a rock, you should enjoy it just fine.
>>
>>341477178
It's a good show, so you're not wasting your time.
>>
No, but you might be a bit confused as to why Mr Mackey is a hoarder who hates owls.
>>
>going through the store and taco flavored kisses tunes in

My fucking sides.
>>
I watched maybe 20 episodes of the show before playing and I still fucking loved the game, none of the humor revolves around you knowing the show
>>
The characters are walking tropes
you're not missing anything
>>
>Hasn't already watched every season up to 15
Season 15 marked when it started getting beyond shit
>>
>>341478693
it was a good show. OP you only really need to watch the first 8 or so seasons.
>>
>>341478083
>There are shit-ton
>but they're extremely minor.
>>
It's good to watch some, just to understand and know the characters. Also >>341478083 my most memorable super minor reference was a beer bottle in Stan's dresser.
>>
>seen every episode
>still haven't played this
Damn backlog.
>>
>>341479635
>implying that wasn't season 6
>>
>>341479990
it plays like a episode
has tons of easter eggs
>>
>>341477178
There are a lot of references in the world and dialogue, but I'm sure it's still enjoyable if you've only seen a few so long as you know what the characters are like.
>>
>>341479990
It's not super long. Like 14-18 hours.
>>
File: ubisoft.png (213 KB, 648x193) Image search: [Google]
ubisoft.png
213 KB, 648x193
>>
>>341477178
I havent watched a single episode and I found the game hilarious, although I'm sure that it would have been even better have i watched some. Either way 9/10 game for me
>>
You will have to know a significant amount of characters, and probably all the latest seasons to get all the jokes
Even the background music in shops of Stick of Truth had shit from the shows. The game is pouring and seeping with shit from the show.
>>
>>341479795
Well every single trash item is a reference to something, but they're also trash items only used for selling. How many people even bother to read that stuff? It's cute, but meaningless beyond that.
>>
>>341480936
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. THIS MEANS I CAN'T PLAY IT!
I am pissed.
I was going to family share this with someone.
>>
>>341477178
Yes and no. There are throwbacks to almost every single episode but you don't have to know them to enjoy the game.
>>
the old jokes are just cameos
but that is all there is

it is a game of 'oh that guy from that episode' but the game by itself have it's own entity and lore
>>
>>341477178
Do you know who Towlie and Jitters are? If so, you should be good to go.
>>
>>341481459
piracy is always an option
>>
>>341477178
Seeing stuff I recognized from the show are me smile, they did a great job making it feel like one massive episode. Kinda wish it was harder.
>>
File: 52553042.png (621 KB, 890x1024) Image search: [Google]
52553042.png
621 KB, 890x1024
You will enjoy the game 10x more if you know the series.
>>
>>341477178
I'd recommend watching the Black Friday trilogy at the least
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.