[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Zelda predictions How do you think this game will be viewed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
File: IMG_20160615_080214.jpg (177 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160615_080214.jpg
177 KB, 720x720
ITT: Zelda predictions

How do you think this game will be viewed ?

And if you start on the Zelda cycle bullshit you should kill yourself. It doesn't exist. Zelda fans are split up. A large chunk likes a certain Zelda. A large chunk likes the other.

People never "came around to Wind Waker. It had its fans and it had people who hated it.

It's like that with every game. Except skyward sword which most people had issues with five years ago and most people have issues with now.

This game will be 98/100 on metacritic and will be the Ocarina of time of this decade.

Oh, I want to do this too, just to see what you shit heads say.

1.Wind Waker
2.Ocarina Of Time
3.Majora's Mask

1.A Link To The Past
2.A Link Between Worlds
3.The Minish Cap
>>
>>341476701
It will probably get an avalanche of 10/10 reviews that all Zelda games do, then people will play it and realize it's not very good. By then the Nintendo defense force will be in full effect all across every discussion outlet on the internet.

I can't see myself liking it. Modern Nintendo has proven time and time again to not be trusted.
>>
>>341477141
>Modern Nintendo has proven time and time again to not be trusted.

They've made nothing but good games ever since they started.

Yeah, they do dumb shit with consoles. But their first party titles are great. Every generation ,
>>
I haven't been excited for a zelda title in a while but this one looks pretty interesting.

It has a lot of mechanics from RPG's I really love and don't see much anymore.

Like becoming to cold and taking damage if you are not clothed properly, and weapons breaking so you have to keep mixing it up.

Maybe everything will be shallow and they will bumble everything up.

Only time can tell.
>>
>>341477978
Yeah cause Amiibo Festival, Sticker Star, and Star Fox 0 are all great, right faggot
>>
>>341478546
But those games didn't get 10/10 reviews faggot
>>
>>341478546
Mario kart 8 smash brothers 3d world Mario maker donkey Kong

Not every game theyve ever made is great. But they still make quality
>>
>>341476701
Normal people care about the good zeldas like link to the past, wind waker and a link between worlds.

This actualy looks like a good game, and i am suprised, since zelda had only one good 3D game so far.

Zelda fan base is a joke, everyone defend the first zelda they played as a child as the best game ever, the truly definition of nostalgia glasses.

The press will give 10/10 as always, since the "fans" goes apeshit when a zelda game is reviewed honestly. (remember twilight princess?)
>>
given that this has been delayed time and again, when they could've just released a product that was plain unfinished, i think that it'll be the biggest labor of love that miyamoto's ever created. granted, dev. hell doesn't mean a game will be good, but i simply can't see nintendo as a company allowing this game to be mediocre/bad. a large majority of their fanbase has been waiting for this game.
>>
File: batmanconfused.jpg (20 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
batmanconfused.jpg
20 KB, 640x480
>>341479142
>since zelda had only one good 3D game so far
>>
I just want Bayonetta 3.
>>
>>341479175
if they released the game unfinished (or cancelled it) the franchise name could have been irreparably damaged, would have damaged future titles' chances of success
>>
>>341476701
90/100, just because its zelda. A lot of the journos were rather dissapointed how it turned out.
>>
>>341481107
I'm a "game journalist" and I think it's everything I was hoping for and more.

I've got a couple gripes but it could have gone a lot worse.
>>
>>341479142
Fuck off troll. WW is the shitest 3D Zelda.
>>
>>341481773
>WW is the best 3D Zelda.
>>
I really feel this will be the comfiest game up to date

>soundtrack will contain lots of ambient noises and piano
>that feel of loneliness on a big ass map
>scavenger link with hunter clothes, collecting stuff to survive since no more rupees in grass
>can explore vast enviroments with climate changes that affect you, normal nature events like fires and lightning
>riding a horse across the land freely or walk with a wolf partner

Jesud christ im so hype and i dont know jack shit about the story yet
>>
File: 1464761384023.jpg (511 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
1464761384023.jpg
511 KB, 1200x800
I want to see it running on a 1:1 emulator with enhancement features where you can max out draw distance on a beast rig.
>>
File: ZeldaSnowboard.webm (3 MB, 860x476) Image search: [Google]
ZeldaSnowboard.webm
3 MB, 860x476
>>341476701
The critics will give it raving reviews and that's all that matters. To be honest it looks pretty damn solid and will be GOTY 2017. That being said /v/ has become so negative that it's hard to find any game nowadays that doesn't get a shitposting thread about it. Here's how it will be viewed
>Shitty anime art style
>It's Skyrim with a Zelda skin
>Open world quantity over quality
>It's too easy
>No story/optional story and that's bad
>Not linear enough
>Zelda NX>Zelda U
>No grill option for Link
>>
>>341483005
Yeah I can see it now.

By 2020 It will run on pc for about five minutes at 12 frames per second while pc fags shit post about how they've perfected the game.

By 2025 It will 50% of the game with audio drops only every 15 minutes and will run at a blistering 21 frames per second.

Master race indeed
>>
File: v6AJq3x.webm (718 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
v6AJq3x.webm
718 KB, 480x480
>>341483305
>By 2020 It will run on pc for about five minutes at 12 frames per second while pc fags shit post about how they've perfected the game.

XCX already runs at 20FPS. I have faith.
>>
>>341483654
Trash
>>
>>341483654
nigger just buy a used wii u and mod it if you wanna play xbcx, it came out forever ago

this console generation will be long over by the time the emulator works well enough to fuck with
>>
>>341476701
I'm just excited for a Zelda game that adheres to the design philosophies set by Zelda 1.
Recent 3D Zeldas for the most part have been good but they're not Zelda.
>>
>>341484818
I'm not paying $250 for a machine I'll use for a single fucking game. Console games already sell at a premium to begin with.
>>
>>341486112
>250 dollars
I said used you kneejerking faggot. get one for 100 bucks on craigslist.
>>
>>341481773
objectively wrong. WW is infinitely better than OoT and your nostalgia goggles can't change that.
>>
>>341486112
I've heard "I'm not buying a wii u for one game" for about 10 different games :^)
>>
>>341483104
I can almost guarantee that none of the people complaining about these:
>>Shitty anime art style
>>It's Skyrim with a Zelda skin
>>Open world quantity over quality
>>It's too easy
>>No story/optional story and that's bad
>>Not linear enough
>>Zelda NX>Zelda U

will also complain about this:
>>No grill option for Link
>>
>>341486259
Nigger where the fuck do you live that people sell wii u's for $100 on craigslist? That's what PS3's and Xbox 360's sell for.
>>
>>341476701
I was extremely cynical about the new zelda but after I saw the trailer and more importantly some gameplay I am really starting to warm up to it. It looks very promising.
Right now it looks like it will be at least a 9.5/10 game. Which is something I can't say about any other modern nintendo games.
>>
>>341486669
I live in nowhereland canada and I managed to get one for 140 maplebucks, I promise you can get a good deal if you actually look
>>
File: 1403052480797.jpg (144 KB, 879x864) Image search: [Google]
1403052480797.jpg
144 KB, 879x864
>>341486494
I don't understand these complaints. Opinions on the art style are subjective but they went for an animation inspired look and nailed it. Copying some elements other solid games isn't a bad thing. It seems like there will be plenty to do and if you choose not to, you can skip straight to the end. Difficulty-wise, you're free to never equip decent gear; I'm sure we'll see underwear-and-stick runs at some point for those who really want to do it "hardcore." We've seen literally none of the story and it's designed, supposedly, to encourage you to explore the world to learn the story. "Not linear enough" is ridiculous, weren't people complaining the last one was TOO linear?

And they already addressed the two versions will play the same on both consoles. I'd imagine it's a Wii U game that was just ported to the NX late in development, it's not going to be the showcase game for the system but it'll help them move units.
>>
>>341476701
>and will be the Ocarina of time of this decade
It won't because it lacks innovation.
>>
1. Majoras Mask
2. Twilight Princess
3. Ocarina of Time

I was interested in this game but from what ive seen from e3 im really excited now. it seems like nintendo has been focusing on bringing the zelda formula with some more modern game design trends. i think itll be really fun
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.