[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Horizon leaks!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 9
File: Horizon Zero Dawn.jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
Horizon Zero Dawn.jpg
9 KB, 300x168
I've played through the entire game. And yes, I can confirm that anyone hyped for it is going to be extremely disappointed.

>The Story

You're basically robot Jesus with tits. You were born in a fucking machine, not a real person.

This is the main 'twist' there really isn't anything more to the 'who am I?' narrative than that.

>The gameplay

Very underwhelming. Eventually you gain the ability to shoot through everything in the game with a single shot. You are never encouraged to do anything more than that.

>The open world is somehow more bland than an Elder Scrolls game

You've seen all the best areas already. It never gets any more impressive than that, and I CAN confirm that the even the 4K version of the game fails to look as it does in the trailer.

Any questions?
>>
Greatness awaits
>>
>>341472503
How many cocks do you suck daily?
>>
Is the girl as much of an annoying Mary Due as the trailers make her out to be
>>
>>341472902
I'm a girl who likes girls, so... none.

>>341472854
yep. And waits... and waits...
>>
>>341472503
Fine I'll bite.

Other than the story part, that much is clear from the trailers.

Is there anything good about it because it looks horribly dull?
>>
>>341473118
Oh yes, very much so.

Like, to the point where she, in a flashback, shows up the tribe's best hunters despite never using a bow before.
>>
>>341472503
post screenshots fag
>>
>>341473274
Not really. I mean, I suppose the atmosphere of having a post apocalyptic world filled with giant robots sounds appealing to some people, but the game itself is garbage no matter what.

You can get through the entire thing in less than ten hours.
>>
>>341473145
Forbidden love doesn't belong in /v/.
>>
>>341473628
does she talk as much as in the e3 stage demo?
>>
>>341473628
>You can get through the entire thing in less than ten hours.
Dead on arrival.
>>
>>341473914
Al the time. And most of the time, it's to highlight how much better she is than everyone else.
>>
How would someone even play a game through thats coming out in like a year.
>>
I don't believe you. There's no way the game is going to specifically trigger every single one of /v/ hate points like that
>>
>>341472503
How do we know you're not bullshiting? You have not convinced me.
>>
>>341473628
Does the game have climbing, flying or swimming?
>>
>>341474183
It's actually already finished, but they want to it to be the 'killer app' for the NEO and are reworking it to make use of the new harddware.

They really, really want people to buy another PS4 for this game. Since they're not making any money on the sales they do make.
>>
>>341472503
can you describe a few types of machine-animals not shown in the trailers?
>>
>>341472503
name all the weapons
>>
>>341475048
>>341474790
Seconding these, give us something so we can at least know if you're bullshitting when more info comes out.
>>
>>341474790
This is a bit embarrassing, but I haven't actually watched the trailers. I have no need to, since I've already played through it.

They're basically all just mechanized dinosaurs. If it's in Jurassic Park, you'll see a version of it here.
>>
>>341474534
This sounds like bullshit. Horizon was premiered a year ago and no one was talking about Neo back then.

NEO isn't coming out anywhere near Horizon's launch window so you are basically saying that they are going to knowingly release barely working downgraded mess and then expect people to buy a new machine to justify that purchase. I can see that going over really well after the mess AC Unity, Master Chief Collection and Bamham left behind
>>
>>341475306
Watch the trailers and then tell us something that's not in them. Until you can do that we're just going to assume you're full of shit
>>
>>341475306
Then why are there stags and much less biological looking miniboss in the latest trailer?
>>
>>341475306
they showed just the deer and the thinderjaw

those aside, describe a few more
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2448x2501) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2448x2501
>OP is getting found out
>>
>>341473628
>>341475306
OP you fucked up.

You don't even need to do this to be honest, doesn't seem like anyone on this board actually has any high expectations for this game to begin with.
>>
>>341475314
>I can see that going over really well after the mess AC Unity, Master Chief Collection and Bamham left behind
You mean three games that smashed sales expectations?
>>
>>341475314
Because no one had leaked it at that point. In reality, the transition to releasing new, more powerful consoles every few years has been the plan since the beginning. And I do mean the beginning, as in the conceptualization of Playstation as it's own unique brand.

Horizon will run just fine on the old hardware, but will truly stand out due to the PS4 NEO. At least, that's what the plan is. I actually agree with you. This is absolutely not going to work and will probably be the last nail in the coffin for the Playstation division.

>>341475234
Okay, give me a link to the trailers and I'll look at them.
>>
File: rktanm.png (457 KB, 480x648) Image search: [Google]
rktanm.png
457 KB, 480x648
I waa hoping this was Forza Horizon 3 leaks but instead it was this garbage.
>>
>>341472503
As expected the story would be shite. The character looked irritating.
The gameplay looked not too bad though, like you had the riding mechanic and everything. Were you able to mount robo-rexs and such or is it just tiny shit like the elk?
If so I'd probably buy this in a sale but not touch it otherwise.
>>
>>341472503
>the entire game
It was delayed to 2017 for a reason faggot
>>
>>341472503
>open world
i played the demo
it has open levels, but nothing like a skyrim open world
>>
>>341475306
>I haven't seen the trailers

>">The open world is somehow more bland than an Elder Scrolls game. You've seen all the best areas already" in the OP post

how do you know the areas we've seen without having watched the trailers? why would you post such lies
>>
>>341475936
Never believe sales information from companies that are closely associated with any big name company in the industry.
>>
>>341476224
I haven't seen the newest trailers. I watched the first one last year, and then played the game and realized it was all bullshit.

>>341476119
Just smaller stuff.
>>
>>341475939
i already told u they just showed the deer and thunderjaw, and bow as weapons

name other enemies and gadget/weapons
>>
>>341475936
As I said, mess they left behind.

Those were all established series, you can't expect a new game selling nearly as well without some good word of mouth and even with that Horizon can't reach the same numbers due to genre and presentation being too nerdy.
>>
>9 months before release
>OP somehow played the full game already

I don't know who must be stupider, the person making such a transparent lie up or the people in this thread reacting to it.
>>
>>341472503
How does the game end? Who is the main villain and what is the very first mission like
Answer this or your lying
>>
Game is slated for 2017?

It is in no way ready to played from beginning to end.

>b b but I'm a video game tester!

No tester ever plays through the entire game. They given one area to test.

Move along /v/
>>
>people actually think some anon making blanket judgements with no concrete answers on trailer footage counts as "leaks"
>>
So, "that kid" thread ?

OP, can you tell me how you resurected Aeris in the FF7 remake ?
>>
>>341472503
Please describe how the final boss looks like, as a reference.
>>
>>341477193
There is no main villain. It's just a man vs nature story. Only it's a woman against machines.

You just learn how to hunt, it's nothing special. Very typical Sony movie game trash.
>>
>>341477063
to be fair I tested uncharted 2 and we played the whole thing over a couple days, but that was much closer to release. 9 months is way too far off.
>>
>>341477241
Next he is claiming to be a butthurt dev and spin tall tales about inter-studio conflict, directors being asshats and meddling suits.
>>
>>341477545
How does the game end
>>
>>341477545
That doesnt even make sense. They also clearly showed some kind of evil force corrupting things in the trailer.
>>
>>341472503
ok, there's a corruption source turning the mechanical animal from friendly to foe.
give specific details about it story-wise
>>
>>341477741

I dont need too.
I'm a woman, and Im coming here to this disgusting sexist shithole to let you guys know that Sony drools, PC rules.
>>
>>341477954

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzGPsM8qPrI
>>
>>341478252
>homostuck

Wow, you managed to outfag the absolute worst OP today in a single post.
>>
>9 months before release
>played the whole game
>AND the 4k version

Yeah I'm going to have to call bullshit on that.
>>
>>341477954
Do you have cute feet?
>>
>>341477723
You die.

>>341477734
And that force is meant to be some kind of hamfisted metaphor for how nature is uncontrollable. It really is just Jurassic Park, when you get down to it.

>>341477598
Anyone who has worked for these companies can tell those stories. All the ones I've heard are all true.

Ubisoft is finished, by the way. If the movies don't do well and Watch Dogs 2 doesn't pull GTAV numbers, they WILL not be able to stop Vivendi from buying them out.
>>
>>341477481
OP, if you care about your word's credibility, you will answer this post. Otherwise I am just going to assume that you are a filthy liar and a scum.
>>
>>341479108
>pull GTA V numbers
Fucking lol, you or they must be joking. How the fuck do they expect to pull GTA numbers from an IP that didn't come close last time and looks cringier than ever?
>>
>>341479108
>Work with Sony
>Knows Ubisofts condition
Fuck off
>>
>>341479108
know any gossip on bioware?
>>
>>341479484
Becoming a GTA level franchise was always their plan.

People pretend as if WD was a huge hit despite the reception, but in reality it fell way short of expectations.

>>341479394
It's just a computer that you shoot once with your arrow.

Before that, you fight three Thunderjaws at once, which I suppose is the 'real' final boss.
>>
>>341479108
Watch Dogs will never sell like GTA. The goodwill was spent on the failure of the first game and blatant lies in the first trailer.

It is hard to imagine anyone being so out of touch as to but all their bets on derivative IP with no street cred left while they still have respected (by casuals) series like Far Cry.
>>
>>341479560
Sony is very intent on keeping Ubisoft afloat, so it's something employees are talking about a lot. Not having annual releases of Assassin's Creed to pad out their release schedule will make them look bad, and having another big third party drop out of the industry, while Nintendo hasn't lost a damn thing, will really cause people to look into their financial details more closely, which they don't want.

>>341479663
The bad guy looks and sounds like an alien Donald Trump. Honestly, all the best stories I know all concern the staff, not the games themselves.
>>
>>341477954
>i'm a women
as if i would care about the opinion of something full of estrogen. as if I would care about the opinion of something that bases everything on emotion. get bent, lesbo
>PC master race
you mean thoes spread sheet machines that cost ungodly amounts of money to run VNs?
>bubububuhubiububuubut my graphics and my processors
explain why games are converting to consoles.
>>
>>341480086
They really don't have a choice. Vivendi is already moving in and preventing devs from getting resources they need, which has forced Ubisoft to put out crap, exploitive products to try and raise the cash to get rid of them. The real reason Far Cry Primal reused 4's map? They simply couldn't afford to make a new one.

With the Division flopping (90% of players stopped after the first weekend) they have no real chance of doing so. It really is starting to look like Ubisoft is going to be the next big third party to fold.
>>
>>341480348
Hit me with some staff stuff then, I love behind the scenes drama
>>
>>341479765
Sounds placeholder as fuck. Legend of Grimrock 2 didn't have the end boss finalized at the point they released review copies.

For same reason I wouldn't be concerned about overpowered skills at this point, as spotting those is the whole point competent playtesting.

Once the main assets are finalized it is not hard at all to change things around or even focus on creating once in a game encounters like bosses. Nine months is hell of a long time to polish a game.
>>
>>341480348
>alien Donald trump
Wow they're actually going there and it just might divide their fanbase

then again gossip anon, i get the feeling they hire tumblr'd level sjws to their company
>>
>>341479765
>three thunderjaws at once

technically impossible
unless they update their apis (and there'd still still be a resource bottleneck) they'd go over the max draw calls
>>
>>341480721
I'm hoping that EA will be the next to fold.
>>
>>341480723
Bioware is quickly garnering a reputation for being a very politically motivated studio. What they want to do is bring more 'progressive' concepts into mainstream gaming. So obviously, you can imagine the sort of people who are running the company right now.

Like, for example, I was at an LGBT meeting for the games community, having a great time, when this fat bitch starts questioning me about me job. "I bet you're not a real gamer!" So told me, snorting like a pig.

I sort of looked at her, like... what? And she kept going on and on about how sexist Sony is for only bringing on thin women for their PR and how I was shaming the women's rights movements for going along with it. Keep in mind, I had some girl in my lap as this was happening, and she was getting visibly uncomfortable.

So I took my drink, drank, and then just spit at her. Like, all over her fucking face. And then I told her to fuck off, that no one likes a crybaby and that maybe she could get a decent job if she lost some weight.

I'm not allowed there anymore, but it was worth it.
>>
File: Daisy Ridley.webm (169 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
Daisy Ridley.webm
169 KB, 550x550
>No credentials
>No evidence
>Everybody believes it
Hey guys, I'm the fucking president of the moon
>>
This is the dumbest thread today and thats saying something.
>>
>>341481887
That happened harder than anything else has ever happened.
>>
>>341481887
Haha, nice.
Now can you tell me what it was like fighting aliens on the moon?
>>
>>341481907
what its like, the moon
>>
>>341481907
Is it really made of cheese?
>>
>>341481907
Not only that, his posts display he has no understanding of the industry - it's just some 15 year old epic troll/pathological liar.
>>
File: Moonman4President.jpg (68 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Moonman4President.jpg
68 KB, 800x450
>>341481907
You didn't use the right picture.
Don't fear though, I got you
>>
>>341481887
Have they read a fucking book? Or watched a movie for that matter?

If you want to be effective in spreading your ideas you can't preach to a choir. You aren't on Tumbrl anymore if you want to make people care about niggers and homos you have to create a compelling characters people actually care about past their sexual preferences.

People get mad when someone they care about becomes a victim of discrimination, no one gives a fuck about the discrimination itself as an abstract concept.
>>
File: 1462605834526.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1462605834526.gif
1 MB, 320x180
> No proof or evidence at all
> Just text

everyone in this fucking thread is a dumbass
>>
Wow, this is all definitely true! I trust you, OP!
>>
>>341482085
What about the one where the """community manager""" for bamco leaked a bunch of dlc info for ds3? I thought that was some pretty fun bullshit.
>>
>>341482608
No, definitely not. I agree that these people are insane.
>>
>>341482257
It's great, low gravity is the greatest. I had to overthrow the previous government to become president but that was pretty easy because no one fucking lives here

>>341482402
That's a common misconception. It's actually made entirely of sidewalk chalk.
>>
>>341482726
We've also had Andromeda, Crytekfag and before last E3 someone claiming Parappa the Rappers was getting rebooted.
>>
>>341482774
Im going to start a sidewalk company there and charge people rent on space so they can use all the abundant chalk. Consider me your first investor.
>>
>>341482774
Do know anything about the leaked "Mars" planet?
>>
>>341481907
This. This. This.
>>
>>341482986
It almost makes me want to leak some juicy details. What would trigger /v/ the most?
>>
>>341483336
DmC 2
>>
>>341472503
>played through the entire game
>game is not finished development yet
Ok op, you're definitely not a faggot or anything.
>>
>>341481907
>it's Nintenyearolds on the defensive cause their Legend of Zelda doesn't look that good

Leave this thread alone and let it die
>>
>>341483015
I'll forward you the name of my investment agent and hopefully we can come to an agreement.
He's very good, he helped us negotiate a deal for oil rights on Triton.

>>341483030
It's overrated. Basically a gayer, shittier Earth.
>>
>>341483336
Do what I do and just shit on whatever's popular.

For example, I was making TTYD 2 threads for months before Color Splash got announced. And of course....
>>
Do people really believe this faggot or is is it all a mene and one poster in the entire thread?
>>
File: 1465976845827.jpg (203 KB, 1125x1125) Image search: [Google]
1465976845827.jpg
203 KB, 1125x1125
>>341483982
The funny things is that just an hour a Zelda vs Horizon thread was derailed by idorts who talked about games and was promptly deleted.
>>
>>341483336
DO IT LEAK SOMETHING
>>
>>341472503
>I've played through the entire game.
>release next year

can you at least make that shit plausible?
>>
File: Peekaboo.jpg (11 KB, 211x212) Image search: [Google]
Peekaboo.jpg
11 KB, 211x212
PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION OP. It's something I've always wondered ever since I got my first ever look at Horizon: Zero Dawn.

Who exactly made these machines? Modern humans? An Alien civilization?

Bonus Question if you want to be extra nice: Why did the world turn to shit after their creation?
>>
>>341487405
They where made by men from the past, and there was some corrupted data in their code, and other machines copied the strong ones to achieve the highest quality of existence.
>>
>>341488303
Screencapped your posts. You better not be pulling our legs.
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.