[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ONCE AND FOR ALL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
What went wrong?
>>
I liked the game fine. The main complaints I see about the game is about the controls, but that's because people don't know how to use them correctly and rage quit before figuring it out.
>>
wagglan
>>
You learn more from mistakes than success. It was a necessary mistake for the future of the series.
>>
I actually loved the controls.

The game was just too handholding and linear.
>>
I liked the artstyle. Thats pretty much it.
>>
>>341470654
The controls are plainly not as accurate, fast or simple as simple button presses and the game is slowed down to allow for how much worse the Wii motion controls than a controller at everything with the exception of the pointer controls that are conspiciously absent from this game after several good appearances in core nintendo games.

Not really my core complaint about the game but the controls can't simply be laughed off.

Most bosses are bad or frustrating in some way.
Pacing of the story (And thus the games) progression is lackluster and poor.
A majority of the game is kind of garbage. Most of what isn't is located in the Sand sea.

Redeeming factors are Groose, the artstyle (When emulating) and most of the Desert.
>>
>>341470089
Inconsistent motion controls, world broken up into multiple pieces that ruin the games flow and feeling of freedom, forgettable music.
The games story told through cutscenes are pretty fantastic though. I hate this game, but if I only judged it through its cutscenes it'd be my favorite zelda.
>>
Only Nintendo could take a combat system as barebones as Zeldas and dumb it down even more by basically turning it into simon says
>>
>>341470089
Here are all the problems with SS.

Too much backtracking to areas making everything feel samey

Too much handholding to make sure you aren't getting lost

Things that you can find aren't terribly significant, thus not incentivising exploration.

That's it. It's an 8/10 game other wise, it's just not being able to skip the beginning or the story segments in some sections can make it a chore to play through a second time and that kills it.

Breath of the Wild seems to have fixed everything and will probably be considered a 10/10 for many years.
>>
File: 1463367524260.jpg (3 MB, 4923x5000) Image search: [Google]
1463367524260.jpg
3 MB, 4923x5000
Fi interrupting every 3 minutes and the game stopping to zoom in on shit you already knew is what broke the camel's back for me.
I can handle sub-par mechanics
I can handle repeated areas.
I can handle fighting a shitty boss 3 times.
I cannot handle Fi and her bullshit on top of all of those.
>>
I think nintendo has a gift for making likable characters with decent personalities and goofy/memorable situations that, for better or worse we will remember.

Zelda games, despite their seriousness kinda have this charm to them that makes them special and Skyward Sword failed so much at this.
>>
The controls. It wasn't that they were bad, but that you were forced to look like a jackass playing a video game.
>>
You've probably never heard of him, but some guy named Egoraptor on Youtube made a video on why OoT is shit and also why Skyward Sword is shit. I wasn't sure what to think before I saw that video, but now I agree with him 100%.
>>
game holds your hands and shitty linear dungeon design. It is shit
>>
>>341470089
It was released to late in the wii lifecycle so fewer people actually played the game compared to TP.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.