[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 17
Anyone hyped for this?

Something people may not know, the developer said it was an RPG set in a post-post apocalyptic world, where nature has returned and where humans are no longer the dominant species.

Sounds awesome to me.
>>
Meh
>>
My most hyped upcoming game lad
>>
It looks alright, nothing special though. I like the art direction but it's still yet another open world game with "follow the objective marker" gameplay.
>>
>>341458792
I kind of am. I'm always interested in new games that aren't sequels, prequels, or remaster bullshit. I just hope it's not shit
>>
It looks good.
>>
It looks cool so I'm hoping it ends up being good. A lot of people see it as just another generic third person shooter but I like Monster Hunter and this looks like Monster Hunter with ROBOTS.

Will probably be good for a rent.
>>
This looks a hell of a lot more interesting than a fucking zombie game by sony. Yet people would rather be faggots about that crap than talking about this.
>>
It looks neat. I hope they have options for minimizing the HUD and UI though. I hate being forced to use all the tagging and objective marker shit. The combat looks super nice, I'm hoping that each of the items they showed will have a few different uses in and out of combat.
>>
It looks neat. I'll probably pick it up once it hits $20.
>>
>>341458792
Why the fuck are the robots designed like dinosaurs? Why does an AI need an animal shaped body? Do they reproduce. The brontosaurus had a long neck so he could eat the leaves off trees. Why does the robot in tat pic need a long neck? Better reception?
>>
>>341458792
It looks like a ubisoft collectathon
>>
Its neat, and more times I see it I see more neat things.

Traps like the fire balloon, those crab enemies and seeing how they harvest shit. Its really well done. I just don't know how fun a bow game will be
>>
>>341460092
this, I like the robots but it feels too similar to ubisoft-style games which bore me to tears
>>
File: 3591685-3398991445-samus.jpg (312 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
3591685-3398991445-samus.jpg
312 KB, 1280x1024
>>341458792
Wasn't this game made by ex-Metroid Prime devs?
>>
>>341458792
no interest in playing as a "muh strong wyman" hunter

especially since the game is going to make sure to present every women as perfect and every man as a pathetic loser that canĀ“t do anything without women
>>
File: Horizon.jpg (495 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Horizon.jpg
495 KB, 1920x1080
>>341458792
Slightly more so than Zelda, if not only because the theme is something more refreshing

It's pretty much my dream of a MonsterHunter game in open world come true, albeit you mosly play with a HBG/LBG
>>
>>341460121
>I just don't know how fun a bow game will be
Really? Cause I've had fun using a bow in FarCry and Skyrim. Though those are first person games.
>>
will there be other weapons?
>>
File: HorizonsZeroDawn-7.jpg (497 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
HorizonsZeroDawn-7.jpg
497 KB, 1920x1080
>>341460031
they arent all like dinosaurs. they seem to be a cyborg lifeform that takes the form of many different animals, some dont look like animals at all though. maybe they use animal dna? developer said a lot of these questions will be answered in the game and its part of the game to figure it out.
>>
It looks like another open world bore fest
>>
>>341460423
You should spend less time on this site. It's starting to fuck with your brain.
>>
>>341460423
GGchan is that way
>>
>>341460465
I did to, for a time. A dozen hours of a bow game will get boring I think.
>>341460526
>>341460031
There are normal animals too. We have seen fish, birds, boars and rabbits.
>>
yeah I'm interested, trying my hardest to ignore fags like >>341460423 though
>>
File: guerilla-exterior-440x200-416.jpg (35 KB, 440x200) Image search: [Google]
guerilla-exterior-440x200-416.jpg
35 KB, 440x200
>>341460364
its made by the killzone developers
>>
>>341460423

>Doesn't want to play a game since you play as a woman

Tell me, what's the difference between playing as a "muh strong man" hunter and a "muh strong woman" hunter? I'm not even one to give a shit about this gender equality bullshit, but what you're saying makes no sense.
>>
>>341460423
i agree with this sentiment but i didnt get that vibe from this game. this is a sony developer. they dont tend to do shit like that either.
>>
>>341459835
>>341459891
>It looks neat.
is this the cookie-cutter phrase they tell you guys to use
>>
>>341460364
you're thinking of Re-core
>>
File: 1460430800945.png (55 KB, 166x224) Image search: [Google]
1460430800945.png
55 KB, 166x224
>>341460793

Sorry, it looks --INTERESTING--.
>>
she talks too much

sneaking through gras and not shutting the fuck up for a second
ruins it for me
>>
I just hope I can play as a male.
I mean who wants to run around looking at a females ass all day? No thanks.
>>
It looks forgettable as fuck to me. Protagonist blabs on incessantly, dialogue wheel is a red flag, and the gameplay itself seems slow. The robot designs don't look particularly memorable either, and the world itself looks like the same generic fantasy setting we've seen a million times with some wire themed robots and Nordic themes thrown on top.
>>
>>341458792
This is my E3 game of show and after that gameplay demo, overtook FFXV on my list of most anticipated games.

Hell it probably is my most anticipated game now. Still gotta figure out how I'll play this and Persona 5 together since they release in the same month.
>>
the scene where she flocks the angry robot with those rope things was so retarded

she hit that thing only from one angle, the robot could've just walked a few inches towards the player and would've been fine

so dumb
>>
>>341460423
>game features a protagonist who's female
>suddenly all male characters are wimp cucks

I'm sorry you never touched a tit, anon
>>
>>341460763
It makes sense once you realize that anon just hates wimmin
>>
>>341460763
Not that guy but id rather look at a guys ass for over 40 hours then some chick, eww.
>>
>>341458792

This honestly looks like generic ass queer shit.

It looks like a game put together by focus groups rather than by those who want to make a quality game.

Combat looked generic as fuck and OMG robo dinos vs cavepeople has to be the most retarded premise I have seen in a long time.

It just seems uninspired.
>>
>>341460423
yeah this
nowadays you canĀ“t have a female protagonist or "strong woman" without demonise or presenting them as useless down men

my favorite example of that is actually the last killzone so I have little hope for this game
>>
the enemy design and combat looks interesting, although the lack of melee combat shown is worrying, I imagine using the bow continuously would get very monotonous, it also looks pretty simplistic

the graphics look very nice, and I thought the foliage was particularly nice looking

the story and characters along with the dialogue shown so far though are absolutely awful. It's kind of hard to believe that these people can just hack these monsters and yet live like tribes
>>
>>341462182
Doesn't she have that spear in the trailer?
>>
>>341458792
For a hype it's too early for me but I'm interested for sure. I have read a preview from a game "journalist" who had the chance to play the game for 30 min. and he was impressed how good the game already works.
He also confirmed that there are different outfits with different passive stats.

>the graphics look very nice, and I thought the foliage was particularly nice looking

I would be surprised if the game looks like the trailer we saw.
>>
>>341458792
Depends, if i can make my own characters or at least change this shitty hair then yes, otherwise no
>>
>>341458792
I am. I love the robosaurs especially that big walker one. They also seem to have really interesting stuff to them meaning you can really vary up how you take them down. I like there is dialogue options as it will add a bit more to the game, also has new vegas and witcher people on it so tehy should do a good job. Aloy is a qtpi

I hope there is a bit more variety in weapons though
>>
>>341458792
The visuals and general style hyped me but the trailer took me back out of it.

Just give me a high budget MonHun clone for console/PC already someone please fuck.
>>
>>341458792
It's Zelda with dinosaurs so yeah
>>
>>341458792
Very.
>>
>>341460031
That seems to be part of the story, though I'm guessing they are either cleaning or terraforming cause that one crab one dropped his pod to do something and could pick it back up. They also could be from some kind of park that ended up surviving

The real reason though is it looks cool and is good from a gameplay standpoint as you rip them apart
>>
I just don't believe the world, when the robots are weaponized with guns and lasers I can't get past humans using arrows.
It's not like they don't have access to the better weapons
>>
>>341460364
>>341460652
Ex-wicther 2, new vegas and a few others were brought in to help
>>
Love the setting, potential for some interesting story and lore, but gameplay looks generic and boring. Yet another open world game with busywork
>>
>>341462182
>>341463161
She does have a spear, and since you fight human enemies the bow is probably overkill
>>
>>341462182
>although the lack of melee combat shown is worrying
I believe they said she has some

> people can just hack these monsters and yet live like tribes
No only she can with her techno staff, it seems she is special in some way. SO it isn't like they understand hacking and technology, it's more like giving a monkey a button and they figure out push the button to do stuff
>>
What do you actually do in this game? The main bulk of any 3D Zelda games are the dungeons and boss battles. Does Horizon have anything to do other than wonder around?

Otherwise, it looks nice but the girl needs to shut up.
>>
File: 1448144039087.jpg (151 KB, 427x427) Image search: [Google]
1448144039087.jpg
151 KB, 427x427
It looks like fucking shit
i was getting bored of shooting arrows and looting corpses just watching the gameplay preview

>we want the survival crafting audience

Anyone hyped for this will be severely disappointed when it releases
>>
>>341464616
Quests, dialogue, getting lore, collecting resources/crafting and probably the general open world open fast travel points etc
>>
File: giphy[1].gif (618 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
618 KB, 500x281
>>341464319
stop making me excited for the game.
>>
>>341464319
>Metroid Prime + Killzone + Witcher 2 + New Vegas

I have high expectations for this game
>>
>>341464302
Cause it is like giving poo in the loos a toilet, they don't really understand it
>>
>>341460436
Toukiden 2 is open world
>>
>>341464616
Main story, side quests.

Aloy is probably a cryo-baby and they shun her for it, she goes out to figure out why shit is like it is. There are other tribes/towns to take quests from, even that fucking huge one in the mountains with elevator systems and shit.
>>
>>341465013
I was amazed at how good the demo for that is, also the little robot buddy is cool

This and T2 are games I am really looking forward to
>>
>>341458792
I have an interest in it. I have a feeling though it will be like all other "open world" games with the same repeat quests, and won't in fact be robotic infused monster hunter like I originally hoped for.
>>
Looks decent, but the GUI is intrusive as fuck and all those pausing mid-gameplay seem like it could kill it for me. Also the chick talks way to much. Definitely on my list though.
>>
>>341464319
>>341464879
>>341464906
I heard they got the Witcher 3 quest designer who made Bloody Baron quest
>>
>>341465343
>Also the chick talks way to much.

This was only for the presentation so people know what she is doing.

In the playable gameplay demo she has talked way less.

>>341465563
STOP
>>
>>341465145
Yeah lookimg forward to it too. Could use NPC slayers roaming randomly though instead of just as assist missions.
>>
>>341465563
I hears 2 but I wouldn't be surprised, they seemed to be sucking up everyone they could get

>Bloody Baron quest
That was the whole wife daughter one right? That was really good, I doubt they will have that much going on but if the writer is that level and choices are decent I am pretty hyped
>>
>>341465298
It probably will have some side quests to gather materials, but atleast when you do it you won't be doing it fighting humans but robots with interesting designs. Or kill a creature like a Thunderjaw
>>
>>341460031
Apparently the AI is self replicating so maybe they chose to take the form of the most dominant predators in history?

Either way it's pretty dumb since they could just be mechs.
>>
>>341458792
Who made a bunch of animal robots that just wanders around acting like animals?
>>
Looks great tbqh.
>>
>>341466019
Thats where I refer back to the robotic monster hunter. I am hoping it takes the excitement thrill of fighting a monster like in monster hunter and throw it into this game without warning.

Example:

>need to go gather supplies for base camp
>everything is going smooth and sound
>all of the sudden this XBOX HUGE robotic T-Rex comes out to fuck you thoroughly in the ass
>repeat quest later, T-Rex doesn't appear

This is what I am hoping for but I know it will all be scripted. Still I am really digging the robotic implemented designs. That Thunderjaw looks purdy gud.
>>
File: 1463450855490.png (121 KB, 277x632) Image search: [Google]
1463450855490.png
121 KB, 277x632
It's going to be a flop and a disappointment but I'm probably going to buy it anyway.
>>
>>341458792
looks pretty awesome, I'm looking forward to checking it out
>>
>>341466482
I don't see why all the big enemies would be scripted for story missions only.
I think the full-powered versions might be. Like last year it was wounded from previous battles, so it didn't even have half the attacks the final version would have.

I could see some Witcher 3 guarded treasure type shit too. Some robo-loot box is just guarded by a big robot thing.
>>
>>341466112

It makes sense from a standpoint for gathering resources. If the AI wants to upset the natural balance of the planet as little as possible, having it's ecosystem built around natural life found on planet earth makes more sense.

It still seemingly doesn't outright eliminate the more bizarre designs like the corruptor, which seemed to be a fusion of a variety of features mostly meant for disrupting the other mechs. I've got hopes, it's not like the Killzone devs are completely incompetent, so i'm atleast expecting a decent ride.
>>
>>341466919
That actually makes sense, might b cool
>>
>>341458792
I am hype.

It looks like a Witcher 3 with the ranged weapon being useful for a change and tits. I am sold since I loved Witcher 3.
>>
>post apocalyptic game that takes place a long time after the fall of man
>the world is alive and not nuked to hell
Why has no other company done this before? Darksiders did it kind of, but the world was still destroyed.
>>
>>341467517
>what is Tokyo Jungle
>what is literally the entire genre of "Surprise! It was Earth all along!"
>>
>>341460526

>different mounts was confirmed

post yfw you turn the bird, and fly through the sky on its back
>>
>>341467856
>"Surprise! It was Earth all along!"
Name one game that does this.
>>
>>341468067
Star Ocean 3?
>>
>>341466112
I really wonder where the story will go with this one

I really love how they animate though as they look so animalistic
>>
>>341458792
I'm mostly waiting for a better showcase of the bestliary. So far it could have 3 mecha-dinosaurs and be mostly about humans for the rest. MH bestiary took years to be great. But the dark souls roll seems good enough for the fighting part to look tight.
I don't know what to expect from the environment/background/RPG though.

It looked like it had the ME/W2-3/Hate newspapers dialog wheel, which can be or not be a good thing.
>>
I watched E3 gameplay

Shit, that looks fucking great. Yeah, cyberdinosaurs are dumb, but Horizon looks like a mix of MGR and Oblivion.
>>
Ygritte got a video game.

Hype
>>
>>341471787
>Oblivion

aaand hype is dead.
>>
>>341470835

Considering the weaponry, all of it seems to be largely tailored for hunting, so trying to make encounters with humans with the weaponry available would likely shift around the focus of the game too much, atleast i would see it as a very unnecessary waste of creativity to make the weaponry as diverse against a variety of targets as it is, and then just have you shooting arrows at humans for 40+ hours.

Even then, considering what kind of track record Guerilla Games artists have, along with a lot of them being massive mecha fans, it's pretty hard to not be excited, Hermen Hulst pretty much said it was a passion project for a lot of the people at the studio, which is pretty great because they haven't really taken a departure from their one and single IP and even though it's largely been a series of shooters with rather average gameplay and story (which is something i don't really weight highly in most video games), they had excellent atmosphere, enemy and world design on each of their PS3/PS4 titles.

This is just my opinion though, it's very likely it can end up as another forgettable experience, but i'd give the dutchmen a lot of credit for what they've shown so far.
>>
>>341472047
I mean aesthetics. It's literally bright green grass with dumb looking mechs running around.
>>
I was excited for it when I thought it was a linear third person action game.

This open world crafting bullshit has gotten so out of hand I WANTED it to be linear.

No, i'm not interested anymore, i'm fucking sick of open world infesting every single remotely interesting idea.
>>
>>341458792
Guerilla Games is a shit developer with only Killzone on their track record, so no.
>>
File: xwiiFab.jpg (217 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
xwiiFab.jpg
217 KB, 1366x768
>>341472585
>oblivion
>aesthetics

Stop.
>>
It looks ok to me. Might be something I'll pick up. Interesting setting, gameplay looks pretty good and graphics are nice.

If there's an option to stop the protagonist babbling on every 5 seconds, then I'm convinced.
>>
File: s.jpg (959 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
s.jpg
959 KB, 1920x1080
>>341473092
I meant this
>>
>>341466835
Basically I'm hoping the big robosaurs aren't scripted and there is some randomness to encountering them.
>>
literally run into the camera and shoot with a different colored arrow until it's dead while backing up the game
>>
>>341472816
It's open world in the sense TW3 is open world.
>>
>>341473309
That's not any better.
>>
>>341458792
I'm hyped. Might be dissapointed but oh well wouldn't be the first time nor the last.
Its got the lead writer from fallout new vegas and those fuckers made my favorite post apocalyptic story ever so it should at least have a decent story.
And the game looks and seems like it plays fine. My only issue with what's been shown is the possible frame rate issues that can be seen when she riding that roboelk towards the corruptor. Even as a non PC snob those frame rates made me a little queasy.
>>
>>341460031
to get better bars
>>
Looks like shit and it will be eventually downgraded like every Sony game.
>open world
>rpg
>crafting
>grinding
>chosen one
Yeah, no, fuck that shit.
>>
>>341458792
>RPG
How is this in any way, shape or form a fucking RPG?
>>
>>341473474
>Dark Souls is literally hit once and run away the game
>Mario is literally jump and win the game
>CSO is literally use a sniper the game
>Half-Life is literally walk around during a cutscene the game

See, I can trivialise games with bullshit descriptions too.
>>
>>341474051
Devs said it's a Witcher clone, basically.

So it's an sandbox action game with some rpg elements.
>>
>>341464169
This is the most likely answer. The mechs travel in self sustaining herds that guard the solar collector giraffes and deer grazers which produce energy for the other guard mechs.
>>
>>341458792
third person shooters are shit on a controller
>>
>>341473581

I think a lot of the problems in the current gen stem from using the entire premise of an open world wrong.

If you're making a huge map, it pretty well better have something to do on it, or then the games environments and scale needs to match up to the needs of the gameplay.

The way Horizon needs to handle it is cutting down on the ideas of having the environment serve as a fetch quest central and rather focus on what already seems to work in the trailers:

Combat.

Dragon's Dogma wasn't technically an "open world" game, but it had an impressive amount of elements that made it enjoyable and combat was definitely at the core, even then being occasionally ambushed by griffins, cockatrices, manticores etc etc. was a great experience.

As long as Horizon focuses on that core, it can be a great game, if it shifts it's focus elsewhere (only on the crafting and open world fetch questing) it's doomed.
>>
>>341474051
>dialouge wheel
>skills
>crafting
D&D autist detected. Not everything is dice related now back to /tg/
>>
>>341474465
good thing its not a third person shooter then. its a third person action rpg
>>
Well the demo was so ridiculously scripted and prerendered that I'm reserving my hype for later. I like the whole robo dinosaur theme though, lots of potential.
>>
>>341474465
>I am incapable of adapting to anything so I just say its shit
For all the crap PC users talk about controllers I never see them post any examples of good shooting done by them.
>>
>>341474496
>If you're making a huge map, it pretty well better have something to do on it

Depends on your audience.
Procedurally generated games like Fuel and No Man's Sky are popular with autists precisely because it's just an enormous map that they can lose themselves in for a few hours.
>>
>>341472328
I see too many things that seem to be here because they work in other games, and I tend to be on the fence when it is the case. The slow mo quick wheel is something that I saw way too much these past years.

I'm waiting for them to surprise me. The mecha dinosaurs and the post-post apocalyptic setting is a good thing, but I can't see for now how they can expand the setting outside of "there are huge monsters but also even bigger ones out there".
>>
>>341474653
it's a third person shooter with rpg elements
>>
>>341466112
you do know the idea of mechs is just as dumb as robot dinosaurs right?
>>
>>341474715
except its playable at e3 and isnt scripted at all
>>
I was hyped on reveal but something about it despite being open world felt oddly scripted and hammed up for an open world.

>All those pre animated melee interactions with the monster
>Game uses the main character taking to constantly tell you what to do and how to win
>Attach 3 ropes, they're all in the same direction and the monster had a lot of leeway to just run towards the rope, but game just says you win because you attached 3 ropes to the monster and had it give up
>>
>>341474051
You will get new armor, probably better bows. IIRC you will be augmenting your power with materials from robots. So like monster hunting upgrading. You will need 1 X, and 2 Ys from these two different monsters on these sides of the map.

Light RPG aspect, doubt this game has levels. I do believe it has a skill tree though
>>
File: enslaved.jpg (282 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
enslaved.jpg
282 KB, 1600x1000
>>341467517
>he never played Enslaved
>PS4 is probably his first console
>>
I really love the setting, but AAA games usually end up pretty standard.
>>
>>341475341
>>Attach 3 ropes, they're all in the same direction and the monster had a lot of leeway to just run towards the rope, but game just says you win because you attached 3 ropes to the monster and had it give up
this disappointed me the most.
I want to be hype for this game but it keeps nagging me in the wrong way. I hope I'm mistaken
>>
>>341474867

Yeah, but considering Horizon and it's overall scope, it's likely that it's attempting the "Witcher" style, although technically Witcher's largest problem with it's third entry was the fact that it's combat system was awfully one dimensional.

Thus, my experience with Witcher 3 was very mixed as a result. The maps felt populated and had a variety of locales to visit, but it had repetition built to it's core, largely due to all encounters boiling down to a similar "bogged" combat experience, where once you had experienced one monster hunt, you had largely experienced them all from a gameplay standpoint.

Horizon can try to gun for the Dragon's Dogma style, where the world itself doesn't have to be the single most interesting place in terms of locale distribution, but having the world work as a setpiece for combat elements and populating them with dangerous (sometimes roaming) monsters was a great move.
>>
>>341475610
No one played enslaved, which is a good thing cause that game is ass
>>
>>341475610
>playing a game made by tameem

How new are YOU?
>>
>>341470835
if i'm not mistaken in the last e3 they said there will be many large robots like the t-rex
>>
>>341458792
Easily the most impressive game at e3, GoW and zelda are the only competition.
>>
>>341458792
Yes
but less than zelda
Game has the points to be great but still Guerrilla.
>>
File: 1143718257652.jpg (63 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1143718257652.jpg
63 KB, 640x480
>>341458792
I'm very interested in it, but somehow it just hasn't swooned me yet.
Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.