[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your favorite Pirate Games? And why are there barely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 256px-SeaDogsBox.jpg (26 KB, 256x338) Image search: [Google]
256px-SeaDogsBox.jpg
26 KB, 256x338
What are your favorite Pirate Games?

And why are there barely any games with that setting?
>>
Sea dogs 2: Pirates of the Caribbean
And there are no games because pirates never sat well with focus groups. PotC movie was unexpected hit despite all the market research suggesting it would fail, and once the franchise faded away so did mainstream appeal of pirates again.
>>
>>341450570
Black Flag
>>
HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A WILD GOOSE SAILING O'ER THE OCEAN
>>
>>341450570
I wish that game ran on Windows 10
Compatibilty mode didn't work. Compatibility mode never works
>>
>>341450570
Sly 3 pirate level
>>
>>341452918
THE WORST OLD SHIP THAT EVER DID SAIL SET OUT OF HARWICH ON A WINDY DAY
>>
Tempest is still in early access but its shaping up to be a significant improvement on the Sid Meiers Pirates template. Worth it for early access, amped for the full release
>>
>>341450570
Black Flag, Though I'm pretty hyped for Black Wake and Sea of Thieves, looks like good fun desu
>>
>>341450570
>What are your favorite Pirate Games?

Why, Sid Meyer's Pirates! of course.
>>
Rayman 2
>>
>>341453028
That's why you don't install that shit.
>>
>>341453028
>has Win 10
You brought all the shit upon yourself and deserve every drop of it.

>>341452536
This was great and I recall there being an unofficial patch that rebranded it as Sea Dogs 2 and which fixed a lot of shit that was wrong with it. Atleast over here it was simply released as Pirates of the Caribbean.
>>
>>341454565
B-but Forza 3 and Scalebound...
>>
>>341455671
Yeah, the whole Sea dogs franchise has been getting screwed with names. It was called Corsairs to begin with, but first game got renamed in the west as Sea dogs, second as Pirates of the Caribbean, third as Age of pirates and an update to third got called Age of Pirates 2, then Corsairs online got renamed into Pirates of the burning sea and now that I've looked at wikipedia there's been another Corsairs game in 2012 I haven't even heard about, so I'm off to find a torrent.
>>
>>341450570
Pirates of the Caribbean online was fun as a kid. Played it recently and its pretty shit.
Ship battles were good though
>>
I liked Risen 2, i don't get why everyone hated it. Of course it's nowhere near the first one but the genre isn't exactly filled with gems right now and it was much more fun than anything Bethesda shitted out recently.
>>
>>341456467
Because they wanted more of Risen and Risen 2 wasn't that.

Risen 3 is basically a better version of Risen 2 anyway so play that if you didn't yet.
>>
sea of thieves looks promising
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQlsN6EO2oU
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.