[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>People can't find legitimate criticisms about Zelda
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 65
File: image.png (248 KB, 625x352) Image search: [Google]
image.png
248 KB, 625x352
>People can't find legitimate criticisms about Zelda Breath of the Wild

>They simply shitpost the art style and using the kiddy argument

GOTY 2017
>>
My criticism is that open world game play and more inventory and gear management might not be suited for the franchise.
>>
they casualized it
>>
The name is shit
>>
>>341446001
The only complaint is probably that climbing is slow.

Also do we know if we can go underwater?
>>
It's on a dead console.
>>
It looks brilliant and I'm hyped.
>>
>>341446001
>pause whenever to regain all health
>boring open world compared the the game it's trying to take inspiration from
>sacrifice of pacing and progression
>>
>>341446612
This but I guess this is a plus because buying a used piipoo for Zelda will be easy and cheap
>>
>>341446154
It's everything the franchise truly needed since it went 3D.

(Open world isn't new. NES original and ALBW already had that)
>>
>>341446763

It isn't that much cheaper than the PS4 or Xbone
>>
>>341446154
Have you seen the gameplay?

To be spouting that at this point, much less at any point if you've ever played Ocarina of Time, you have to be:

1. A poser.
2. Someone with an Uncle Tom complex.
3. A false-flagging fanboy of some other company using subtlety to mask his own rage from himself.
>>
>>341446965
calling someone a fanboy while making that post is some serious level of hypocrisy kek
>>
>>341446001
the open world looks dead and stale, there isnt anything going on over large areas
pointless attempt to make it look like an open world game before people buy it play it and realize its not
its a normal zelda game with extra walking through stale zones
>>
>>341447056

This. Holy delusion.
>>
>>341446001
I thought the climbing looked very slow and uninteractive, just kinda pointless. Other than that, looks pretty sweet.
>>
>>341446001
>another open world game that you can do ''''''''anything'''''''''
>some cool mechanic that you're gonna get bored after the third time you do it unless you're autistic
>basic physics that any indie game has
>basic gameplay that other games have already done
goty 2017
>>
I'm sceptical of the open world stuff since Japan has yet to show us that they are able to pull this off, but who knows? The demo didn't impress me, but apparently they've disabled all the NPCs and towns in the demo so it should look more alive and less like mineycrafta.
>>
>>341446861
ALBW is the perfect Zelda game. But it didn't have vast fields of nothing and have three types of vendor trash, not thirty.

>>341446965
I played OOT, but I don't think I like it very much. The dungeons are fun, but everything else is tedious.
>>
>>341446347

This, the name sounds like the title of a tumblr fan fiction.
>>
Post the webms faggots
>>
>>341446154
The franchise is very stale. All games didn't allow for almost any impact on the world, were extremely linear, and incredibly simple, quite literally no challenge to anyone over the age of 12.

I'm glad they finally are letting you do more than just walk around/ride of a horse. Climbing objects, cooking, sledding, sneaking, starting fires, steal weapons, physics all seem like great editions to the series. Hyrule field was cool once. But not being able to do dick in it in 2016 would have been really really shitty.
>>
File: 1465942527181.jpg (101 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1465942527181.jpg
101 KB, 600x600
>>341447584
>All games didn't allow for almost any impact on the world, were extremely linear, quite literally no challenge to anyone over the age of 12.
>>
>>341447584
cont. hoping that these new editions to the game allow for better puzzle elements that items alone couldn't have achieved.
>>
File: 4A9OKVO.gif (134 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
4A9OKVO.gif
134 KB, 340x340
>>341446001

>demo just shows a bunch of gimmick to impress idiot like throwing rocks at enemies
>WE DID IT GUYS! NINTENDO WON E3!
>somehow every year nintendo fans forget that this is what happen every zelda reveal
>when the game get released is always an hot piece of shit
>this basic fact trigger ninfags so much they have no other defense than to call the other user shitposters
>>
what makes the game kiddy shit? the lack of guns, blood and gore?
>>
>>341446193
Are zelda games not already casual?
>>
>>341447732
A meme image doesn't refute what I just said. The most you could ever do in 3D zelda is cut item grass and blow up cracked walls.
>>
>>341448095

not for Nintendo fans
>>
>>341448097
also I'm glad they are putting in so many items in this time. Maybe exploring caves and shit will actually give some cool weapons and not just a stupid fucking rupee/heart piece.
>>
File: yotsubtfo.jpg (106 KB, 560x510) Image search: [Google]
yotsubtfo.jpg
106 KB, 560x510
>>341447102
>dead and stale
>isn't anything going on
I guess exploring a moving and living world filled with different environments, weather, animals, enemies (both large and small or alone or in groups), patterns in this puzzle adventure game aren't obvious enough, interactable trees, cliffs, mountains, riding stallions, collecting items, discovering caves, swimming, sliffdiving, snow-shield-boarding, character customizing, creating and launching boulders into the sky with the amulets and magic you've collected in order to discover chests throughout the very fist area (the starting point of the entire game without showing any dungeons yes or towns which are both confirmed) isn't very fun or vivid, huh?

All that gameplay must be very drole, dull and pointless. You need to be BLOWN AWAY every single second in these couch-talk-show gameplay shots of the first 50 minutes of the game. What you need is dialogue boxes or button prompts in your cinematic game. That's where the REAL content is.
>>
>>341448097
>3D zelda
You already know where you went wrong
>>
>>341448013
The difficulty is designed around kids
>>
>>341446001
>kiddy arguments
>nintendo fans
you must be a genius
>>
>>341448332
So you still have nothing to actually say? Just sentence fragments?

Come up with some substance and stop acting like the series wasn't getting dull as shit.
>>
>>341448542
Calm down bro
>>
>>341447372
Or something furry related
>>
>>341448013
It's too easy and will be impossible to die. You can hoard as many healing items you want and consume them from the safety of the menu. Even older Zelda games had a limit to healing items, not that you'd ever run out, but still. And they were harder to obtain.
>>
>>341448286
Moving and living is an exaggeration, it is just a few mobs that pop into the world when you move around to certain spots. And yes, a few finicky physics puzzles and weather effects don't make for exciting gameplay.

I just want dungeons. I don't want all this junk.
>>
>>341448286
>different environments, weather, animals, enemies (both large and small or alone or in groups), patterns in this puzzle adventure game aren't obvious enough, interactable trees, cliffs, mountains, riding stallions, collecting items, discovering caves, swimming, sliffdiving, snow-shield-boarding, character customizing
WOAH! Very innovative + never seen before!
>>
>>341446953
I bought my brand new WiiU with 3 Nintendo games for half the current market price of a PS4/Xbone 2+ years ago though. It's bound to plummet in price once the NX comes out.
>>
>>341448875
New in Zelda my friend.
>>
>>341448461
>>341448770
There are enemies that do 6+ hearts of damage in the beginning area. Enemies can easily one shot you. Going into the wrong environment without the proper food/clothing can fuck you over too. I mean, the game obviously isn't going to be that difficult but it's still a step up from the previous games.
>>
File: LMFAOOOO.jpg (155 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
LMFAOOOO.jpg
155 KB, 1280x720
>>341446001
Flaws? Okay.
>Downgraded
>Already outdated graphics
>On an outdated console
> Retarded Ai
> Terrible attack patterns and repetition
> Gimmicky shallow survival aspects
> empty open world
> Shallow third person combat

And that's just scratching the surface.
Worst of all zelda has become and uninspired shallow sandbox game, it's only redeeming quality may be the puzzles, but if you're any bit competent they shouldn't challenge you.

Overall it's looking to be a bad game, and this reveal was sourly underwhelming.
>>
File: 6io382.png (96 KB, 180x238) Image search: [Google]
6io382.png
96 KB, 180x238
why are shit posters coming out in full force at zelda?

it actually goes to show how underage and salty /v/ is

literally the only interesting game to come out of e3 and you guys cant handle it
>>
File: the power of the eco boost.jpg (79 KB, 850x479) Image search: [Google]
the power of the eco boost.jpg
79 KB, 850x479
>>341448875
It's everything I want in the Legend of Zelda? The thing about playing games I like, GENRES I like, is they tend to have similar qualities.

I didn't want a new IP. I wanted a new Zelda. I got a new Zelda. Desires met.

>>341448869
>Just a few
In the first hour, at the starting point, the beginning of the game. Kokiri village, Outset Island etc weren't exactly crawling with enemies.
>and a few finicky physics puzzles and weather effects don't make for exciting gameplay
You mean the introductory environment puzzles in a Zelda title isn't exciting to WATCH OTHERS ON A COUCH play while you sit behind a monitor, not engaged in the game?
>I just want dungeons. I don't want
>all
>this
>junk
Luckily, there are confirmed dungeons. Just not in the overworld first 60 minutes, go figure. And I'm sorry to hear you don't like
>all
>this
>junk
since a game is generally about what you can do in it. And ALL this apparently equates to nothing. Immobile and dead.
>>
File: LegendOfZeldaTheFinalNail.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
LegendOfZeldaTheFinalNail.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
Really, OP?
>>
>>341449748
I'm really looking forward to this game, but that pop-in drives me fucking crazy. Maybe the NX version will be like GTA IV on PS3 vs PS4...
>>
>>341449734
So, they decided to show off the literal worst aspects of the game as the selling point despite having a hidden trove of good stuff?
>>
>>341449748
Anyone know where to find more webms of it?
>>
File: unnamed8.jpg (46 KB, 499x750) Image search: [Google]
unnamed8.jpg
46 KB, 499x750
>>341446001
People find tons of legitimate criticism. The issue is, fanboys who never even played it stuff their ears and then claim anything negative about the game is wrong and a product of 'sour grapes' or a Sony fanboy.

The game looks pretty bad aesthetically, it was clearly downgraded, framerate seems shitty, puzzles like like 2004 physics, everything shown already has been gimmick geavy and done before, combat still looks awful, overworld is dead and lifeless, seems to have the Skyrim mentality, likely will have shitty writing, and as per most Nintendo firsts, it will have almost every flaw of an open world game.

To be fair though, all the flaws will be overlooked because Zelda is now more about brand than game, and if this had no name, people would think it an indie game.

In the end it will never surpass other games like The Witcher 3 or even Dragon Dogma, and I even have a Wii U. I imagine it will be another Skyward sword (dead sky) with a handful of good moments in an otherwise drawn out game.
>>
>>341449612
Because it doesn't look like a bad game. It just looks like a very unimpressive game. It's not bringing anything new to the table . Survival? We've gotten that a billion times. The fact that it's just now getting to Nintendo and they're hyping it up is REALLY bad. It's been done to death in shit tons of other games and the majority of people don't find it amusing at all. Mind you the majority are people that don't own Wii U's. I own a Wii U (and PC) and even I'm not impressed. I'll rent it I guess, but full $60 for this? Yeah no thank you.
>>
>>341449748
That hanglider looks so fuckin cool
>>
File: RPG always.jpg (219 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
RPG always.jpg
219 KB, 550x413
>>341446154
Okay
>>
Saying there are many open world games just like BotW already out there is like saying all the shitty NES platformers were just like SMB because they were platformers. It's fucking zelda
>>
>>341448286
I love how this is worded as if set pieces envelop an aspect of interaction towards something you willl do all the time. Nintendo doesn't need to pay marketers for this shit.

Apparently basic game design and generic physics is supposed to be fun, and then when someone plays it getting bored, someone like this guy will get angry, saying 'go play call of duty' or 'you hate fun, kill yourself'

I love what hole an IP can dig for some people, to the point reviewers are scared to get harassed if they give out lower scores.
>>
>>341449612
How is speculating a game in a negative way shitposting?
I found other games I enjoyed, the issue here is you don't play anything other than Nintendo games and then call everyone else a fanboy.
>>
>>341450969
Ah, yes, clearly 3 types of equipment that ultimately amount to the same thing except in a tiny subset of clearly delineated circumstances is the same thing as piles of equipment, cooking ingredients and other junk.

You know how often I looked at that screen in OOT? Not very often. It didn't usually matter. Here, they seem to be trying to make it a main selling point. It is taking the worst aspect and making it important.
>>
>>341451056
And Zelda doesn't do anything special. Even going back to many titles proves to be tedious experiences fueled by nostalgia rather than good game design.
>>
File: 1459177407275.jpg (145 KB, 960x721) Image search: [Google]
1459177407275.jpg
145 KB, 960x721
>>341447584
>The franchise is very stale. All games didn't allow for almost any impact on the world, were extremely linear, and incredibly simple, quite literally no challenge to anyone over the age of 12.
>All (Zelda) games didn't allow for almost any impact on the world
>were extremely linear
>and incredibly simple, quite literally no challenge to anyone over the age of 12
...their target demographic?

Also I don't think a refutation is necessary in your case, you miserable ignorant fool.
>>
It looks good but it's not worth buying a dead console with no other games, and there's no point buying an NX before we know whether or not it'll just be a repeat of the Wii U. I'll get back to you in 2019, maybe.
>>
>>341448286
>moving and living world
what? pigs and moblins?

and listing basic environmental stuff is not a feature. Also listing dumb little stuff like " launching boulders into the sky" like it is some little new thing you can do with the pausing mechanic which isn't even a new thing. Same with snowboarding, if you are lucky it will play a part in one dungeon

Like just go look at any open world game, they have these types of things and will be advanced in other areas. LoZ's trick on them seems to be just having a little fluff
>>
>>341449546
It might seem that a lot of people support your sentiments but that's only /v/. The rest of the world are excited to play the game of the year for 2017
>>
>>341446001
>tfw Witcher 3 is all this and more
Shame it will never live up to W3
>>
>>341450405
>despite having a hidden trove of good stuff?
Almost like they'll drip-feed more cool and fun stuff over the months leading up to the launch, huh? It's like that understand that marketing means keeping the public talking about your game, good or bad opinions welcome.
>>
If the game had come out 2 years ago before we got that slew of open world games it would look much better
>>
>>341446001
I enjoyed it when it was shown, only thing I didn't like was how empty the world seemed
>>
>>341451919
>world
Reality check, not as many people care, its just vocal Wii U owners that have nothing to play.
More people are excited for stuff like the Last Guardian and Zero Dawn. Most people don't have or want a Wii U.
>>
>the game is empty

The stream didn't go five minutes without fighting enemies, discovering something, climbing shit, or experimenting with the environment
>>
File: file.png (131 KB, 500x438) Image search: [Google]
file.png
131 KB, 500x438
>>341446154
>gear management might not be suited for a zelda game
>>
File: Calvin.jpg (46 KB, 768x274) Image search: [Google]
Calvin.jpg
46 KB, 768x274
>>341451328
It was the N64. It couldn't do more than that.
Also, if looking at the equipment screen was something you didn't like to do/have to do...don't do it in this one?

Have you been to E3 and played the demo of the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild? Are you from the future and have already 100% completed the game and just know all its ins and outs?

Wow!
>>
I don't know if you'd class it as hating the art style, but I hate how stuff clashes;
>realistic animals vs cartoon enemy designs
>realistic world vs cartoon wind and instant fire
>realistic Link vs Monster Hunter cooking and other shit animations
I also hate the sci-fi shit that is slowly taking over the franchise.
>>
File: 1374353182426.jpg (15 KB, 650x393) Image search: [Google]
1374353182426.jpg
15 KB, 650x393
>>341446001
>another lazy empty sandbox game
>goty because it looks pretty
>>
>>341452126
Is that why there are over 3 million views on the Youtube trailer already?
>>
>>341452356
>Looks pretty
Maybe in 2005.
>>
>>341452406
Why are there 4.8 million views on the God of War 4 trailer? That means fucking nothing.
>>
>>341451328
>How Many Buzzwords Can I Put in a Post?: The Post
>>
>>341451427
>Zelda doesn't do anything special.
I think most the planet that plays Zelda games on release will heavily disagree with you.

Don't worry, no one is forcing you to play this, though. I'm sure there must be another genre you enjoy. But, I bet if you give this game a shot in the year it'll take for it to come out yet, it will probably reveal itself to have a bit more interesting things in it's massive world. Maybe. I mean, this 50 minute talk-show gameplay was pretty conclusive.
>>
>>341446154
I wonder if they're gonna add bags with bigger storage space.
>>
>>341451462
Ah yes that demographic that has had access to games more impressive, challenging, and better in every single way than literally any zelda game.

Literally no one on earth besides die-hard nintendrones would give a shit about Zelda this year if they stuck to the same boring formula.
>>
>>341452565
Because GoW is also popular???? What is wrong with you?
>>
I loved MGS5s gameplay and I'm a Zelda fan. So seeing LoZ: Phantom Pain makes me happy.

>sneaking mechanic
>enemy encampments scattered around
>DD companion

Needs CQC and it'd be perfect
>>
>>341452595
I am going to play it though, I get it free and have nothing else on my Wii U.

Again, no, Zelda hasn't been anything special since the N64 era, and even then, its a product of nostalgia. Hell, even Persona 5 will be a million times better than this.
>>
>>341449748
>he looks up to avoid any more objects popping in
STRUGGLING
>>
>>341452406
Zero dawn is a brand new game with no prior fan base and it also did those numbers, so what's your point?
>>
>>341452978
>interesting games attract people
what a revelation
>>
>>341452826
>>sneaking mechanic
It was kinda disappointing in it. You didn't seem to have any kind of silent take down and if you kill any they all go on attack mode

The only neat bit was stealing weapons but you really won't be doing that past once to try it as fights are easy enough anyway
>>
>>341449748
ooooooo that glorious pop up!

You see the graphics can be shit and outdated but still fun, but WHY? How can anyone defend this disgusting pop up???? With such shitty graphics?
>>
>>341452595
>boring unskippable cutscenes that aren't even visually good
>lol get ur sword and shield before you can do shit quest
>extremely linear gameplay "Don't even think about doing X unless you have X item
>obvious story
>can't do anything to effect world besides blow up rocks and cut grass

You know, it was fun the first couple times and was acceptable but in 2016 that formula would be complete shit
>>
>>341453293
>Wii U
>>
>>341451620
>what? pigs and moblins?
The starter enemy types. Yeah, that sounds about right. Also, I counted about 14 different moving species in my viewings.

>and listing basic environmental stuff is not a feature
Ah. You are spiteful I disagreed. This statement is very indicative of that.
>Also listing dumb little stuff like " launching boulders into the sky" like it is some little new thing you can do with the pausing mechanic which isn't even a new thing.
I don't recall this appearing in a Zelda title before, let alone a mechanic that looks very, very likely to be implemented into a boss battle, treasure discovery or puzzle solution somewhere in the game from time to time.
>Same with snowboarding, if you are lucky it will play a part in one dungeon
Maybe it will. Maybe lots of dungeons. Maybe none at all. Maybe I think it's just a neat little trick you can do in the starting Hyrule Field on a mountain area. Maybe it's a surfboard, too, and I'll have to do that on waves somewhere. Or lava. Who knows? Not you. The game just showed 50 minutes of Hyrule Field.

>Like just go look at any open world game
I'm looking at Zelda's. And I like it.
>>
>>341451462

Any dumb retard eight year old can pick up skyrim and figure out how to do shit. Theres no reason for their games to be literally so piss easy.
>>
>>341453497
>I'm looking at Zelda's. And I like it.
>literally admits he lives on his Nintendo bubble and refuses to look at other games
I guess there's no hope for you
>>
File: 1451365706214.png (42 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1451365706214.png
42 KB, 500x500
I still think Zelda is boring. All of them. They're just really really simple and boring. If I'm being honest I don't see what anyone over 12 sees in them. I've played through most of the 3d ones since my little brother is a fan and I just find them boring and tedious

Whenever I say this I'm called a bait and what not, but I genuinely just don't enjoy games that don't challenge you at all unless they offer some really outstanding adventure and exploration or something else neat. But zelda games don't

It still might be goty though, just because I'm not the target audience doesn't make the game inherently bad
>>
File: 1448043470526.jpg (77 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
1448043470526.jpg
77 KB, 601x601
IT'S NOT FAIR WHY ARE THE NINTENYEAROLDS ENJOYING THEIR GAMES I WANTED THIS GAME TO BE SHIT SO MUCH I CAN'T TAKE IT
>>
>>341453957
We need more people like you here that realize they are not the world and their opinions are not facts
>>
>>341446154
>open world game play might not be suited for the franchise
>literally first game in the series is an open world game
anon...
>>
>>341453957
don't worry about it; if it's not your cup of tea, that can't be helped
>>
>>341451919
>but that's only /v/

If nintendogaf doesn't like it, who will? Little kids? Maybe, but that's about it.
>>
File: 1358162468283.jpg (1 MB, 2098x1312) Image search: [Google]
1358162468283.jpg
1 MB, 2098x1312
>>341446001

This does not look like a Zelda game in the slightest, both in terms of visuals and game play.
Most importantly, it does nothing new. Literally nothing. It is a mish-mash of mechanics copied from other games such as Monster Hunter, Dragon's Dogma and Dark Souls, with an open world that still looks thoroughly lifeless and combat that looks boring as ever.
And of course there's the art, the aesthetic is fine, but technically it looks like shit. It is riddled with PS2 textures, for a game that supposedly also launching on the NX this is completely egregious.
And again, it does not look like a Zelda game at all. If you swapped Link out for some new guy anyone would easily mistake it for some new IP.

I'm genuinely perplexed as to how anyone could possibly be hyped for this nothing game, but clearly the Nintendobabbies are so starved that even shit is starting to look appetizing to them.
>>
>>341452689
The year is 2016 and everything is video games.
I roll out of video games to wake up, walk to my video games, pour a bowl of video games, eat video games.
I get in my video game to drive to work where I turn video games into video games.
God is dead. We have killed him.

You sound like you have access to every video game from the past 40 years, including games appearing on several hundred dollar, recent, consoles. What amazing riches you have to be able to offer yourself the opportunity to play only the very best from everywhere on the planet.
Zelda isn't supposed to be a challenge. It's a kid's game. And you're a fool I refuse to speak with any longer if you think Zelda hasn't been an industry-leading innovator with incredible reviews and strong memories from anyone since 1987.
>>
>>341446001
I'm just wondering how much we're gonna have to download for the Wii U version to make it run well. Xenoblade Chronicles X had 10GB or so of crap that was needed/desirable to make the game run smoothly, and the demo we all watch had the same pop-up and framerate issues XCX has without those patches.

I feel sorry for anyone who wants to get this for their Wii U but doesn't have a separate Hard Drive attached to it.
>>
HOLY FUCK IT'S SOME HILLS AND GRASS!!!!
LOOK SOME MORE HILLS AND GRASS!

AMAZING!
NOBODY CAN SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT THIS GAME!
>>
File: Fi is a good servant.png (262 KB, 489x750) Image search: [Google]
Fi is a good servant.png
262 KB, 489x750
>>341453358
>>
>>341452290
My point is if they are advertising the worst part of a Zelda game as a premiere feature, it is likely that the rest of the game is built with the same sort of philosophy in mind.

Does anyone actually like having to switch helmets? In any game? Ever?
>>
Can I just say, I didn't like how during the stream, they had to open an inventory menu and find a food item, then select it, then select use, to get health back. It felt like a lot of steps and really broke up the combat. The closest Zelda has had to that before were potions and fairies and you only had so many of those. I can see it becoming tedious if every hard battle becomes me opening the menu a hundred times to heal.
>>
>>341454610
>a place called hyrule field shouldn't have a field
sony shill logic is impeccable
>>
>>341454305

>AAAAND WE'RE THE GAME GRUMPS!
>>
>>341453957
I agree with you but for Minecraft.
Or games like GTA. It's a theme I just don't care for.
>>
>>341446001
Here's an actual criticism. They lied to us. For years, Nintendo hyped this game up as one of the main reasons to own a Wii U. They promised it would come out soon. After numerous delays, they threw Wii U owners (the same fans loyal enough to buy their disappointing console) under the fucking bus and gave them the shitty version of the game in an attempt to sell more NX consoles. You have to buy a new console to get a non-shit version of BotW.
Anyone who says Nintendo is consumer friendly is fucking retarded.
>>
>>341455083

Also the fact that Nintendo has really jumped on the DLC wagon really fucking hard with amiibos. They used to be the company you came to because their games and philosophy was like it was still the early days of gaming.
>>
>>341446001
The best thing for Zelda would be to remove all RPG bs. If you started with all the equipment and there were only the 3 starting hearts it would give the player complete freedom to do dungeons in any order, allow for more creative dungeons that aren't just one item being used, and allow the difficulty to be solely based on boss and enemy patterns. This new game is the complete opposite of how to make Zelda more engaging.
>>
>Downgrade
>Pop in
>weapon degradation
>>
File: zeldabotw1.jpg (203 KB, 2401x1351) Image search: [Google]
zeldabotw1.jpg
203 KB, 2401x1351
It looks like a PS2 game.
>>
>>341455272
>If you started with all the equipment

That would be boring as shit and you'd confuse and frustrated 95% of the market. You'd never hear the end of it on /v/ about how the number of items was overwhelming to learn.
>>
>>341455381
how can they keep getting away with this?
>>
>>341446001
It looks empty as fuck wich is the worst thing an open world game can be
>>
>>341454610
>Hyrule Field
>Field
Did you also consider the trees? And the mountains? And the sky? And the lakes? And the enemies? And the shrine bosses? And the rock monsters? And the animals? And the items to collect? And the treasure chests? And the interactable boulders? And the weather effects? And the mysterious old man? And the amiibo support? And the broken castle structures? And...

I said "amiibo" holy shit that made someone's blood pressure rise!
>>
>>341446193
nigger what do you mean that casualized it? this is probably the most complex game of the series
>>
File: came.png (255 KB, 396x396) Image search: [Google]
came.png
255 KB, 396x396
>mfw all the buttslammed casual puzzle babies.

I honestly might get it just to truly get it into Nintendo's head that casuals are not a sustainable fanbase.
>>
>>341446001
Is anyone planning on buying the Wii U version? I refuse to buy an NX in the first couple of years after how badly I got burned with the Wii U, and I don't want to wait years to play this. At the same time I don't want to play the version of the game that is clearly inferior.
>>
>>341453998
The game looks like shit, if you really want to play an open-world game just get Horizon or the new Spider-man game, hell get Wild it even looks similar
>>
>>341454694
I see this is your first time on /v/? People here love to min/max depending on situations.

Hell, even casual gamers realize that certain armor sets are better than others at certain things. Why do you only want a clear, linear progression? Maybe Zelda isn't the series for you.
>>
>>341446001
B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-BUT MUH POP IN!!!
>>
>>341447209

>grasped this hard at straws for splatoon as well.
>Nintendo delivered amazingly with that game

Sonyfags continue to stay mad. If Nintendo focuses on games and not too much on innovation, like GamePads and WiiMotes, their games can't be beat in terms of being fun and addicting to play for years.
>>
>>341455772
>muh photorealism
>>
Fuck you bitches
http://www.strawpoll.me/10485243/
>>
File: 1451519616357.jpg (154 KB, 1550x1400) Image search: [Google]
1451519616357.jpg
154 KB, 1550x1400
>>341446001
Looks decent. I don't want them to just lazily impart "good" stuff from other rpgs but it shouldn't be a problem if they're wise I know that Zelda is Zelda and they need to build upon the formula not reinvent the wheel.

In that vein:
MMfag here so I would essentially have the mask collecting thing make a return. A simplistic idea but I would have an increase in the total mask number from what it was in MM.

The cool part however; is that I would also introduce the "Face Sword". This guy would also double as the classic companion character. A sword that has a blank face on its guard that the various masks in the game could be equipped to, giving it various powers and puzzle solving utilities. The game would be gloriously difficult in places where you had to nimbly switch between masks both on Link and the sword in a very short span of time to use the very subtle effects each variety imparts in a given situation.
>One mask to raise a cube of earth from the ground, then a fire mask to strike only the left side of that cube (aim carefully), a time-slow mask on Link so you can run to the other side before the fire runs out, and put the bunny hood on the sword whose now-fast thrusts are the only thing that can hit every puzzle slot in time.
Have enemies in certain challenge modes/areas require things like this as well.
1/2
>>
>>341446001
I love how /v/ now considers any opinion that isn't full of only praises illegitimate.
>>
>>341455756
The game would've been so much better for everyone if Nintendo just bit the bullet and kept it a Wii U exclusive. Then it could run smoothly on Wii U, and then NX would get a Zelda that can actually take advantage of its hardware later in its life.
Fuck them for doing this. I can't believe so many people are okay with it. Nintendo has forced us to choose between buying a new $350 console, or playing the shitty version of the game.
>>
>falling for the cycle this hard

Man I can't wait for this game to come out and be the worst thing since mustard gas and SS suddenly not being so bad after all.
>>
>>341454694
What if I got a cooler helmet?
Demon Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, Bloodborne, Dark Souls 3 all seemed to be pretty popular around here.
Monster Hunter has a new helmet for every monster in the game(s). Hell, it's different depending on Low/High/G rank!
TF2 became both hated and extremely popular with its "helmets" that didn't do anything but a cosmetic difference.
How about Destiny? Can you change your helmet in DooM?

Oh. You didn't like switching the Iron Boots on and off in the Water Temple. Gotcha. Well, that wasn't so bad, but that could have been better I guess.
>>
File: 1452877391492.jpg (12 KB, 206x235) Image search: [Google]
1452877391492.jpg
12 KB, 206x235
>>341455996
The best part; not only would you have unique masks different from MM (bring back the old must-haves of course) you''d also get to actually place the masks your SWORD at the same time, granting you elemental transformations, puzzle-solving utilities, and other abstract stuff. Maybe replace the Ocarina by having a legendary "Bard Mask" that you must aquire that you then place on your sword to gain the song making mechanic. Put it on Link to -learn- the various songs throughout the game. Put it on the sword to -play- the songs. You can even use 2 masks at once by equiping one on Link, one on the sword. Best part is that the Transformation masks (of which I'm thinking 5 instead of 3) will change the instrument depending on the race. Heck even have the minor masks add these purely aesthetic aesthetic -slight- musical/visual alterations (or even with a tiny puzzle solving potential) to the base instrument. I also have an idea for another mask category other than transformation. 'Summon Masks'. The only one of which I have thought up is Midna's Fused Shadow. Putting it on summons Imp Midna. Put it on the sword; True Midna. Midna + Bard-Sword would even give her a Twili instrument to play instead of you.
2/2
>>
>>341455862
There is no pop in
>>
>>341455429
>how dare a game let me experience it in its entirety immediately. please limit me
How would being able to experience the whole game however you want possibly be boring?
>>
>>341454694
You sound like your first gaming experience was on an Ipad.
>>
This game is basically taking the best elements from Morrowind, Snake Eater, MGSV, Dark Souls, and past Zelda titles and putting it all into one game. The only problem with this game is pop-in, which is going to be fixed for the NX version.
>>
>>341446154
Zelda would have been the first franchise to do open world if they had the technology back in 1986.
>>
It looks okay so far, I'm just wondering what there is to actually do in the game
Most of the threads I've seen have just been people jerking off over branches lighting grass on fire and being able to cut down trees
Game looks gross too, like they cranked that gamma all the way up
>>
>>341456321
>fixed for the NX version.
Man, they really flipped a huge middle finger to Wii U owners with this game.
Is this really how they repay their fans who were loyal enough to stick with them through the dark times?
>>
>>341454734
I agree, there should be regenerating health.
>>
>>341456321
Dont forget p:cars, Pokémon x and y , mgsv tpp, rocket league and ofcourse cod blops 3
>>
>implying its the art style and not the incompetence of nintendo, the hardware, and their inability to optimize things for good graphics properly

nice damage control
>>
>>341454305
>This does not look like a Zelda game in the slightest...
First, what DOES a Zelda game look like? Almost all of them have different art styles and visuals. This is the same complaint people tossed at Wind Waker. Almost no-one complains about the art now, instead they complain about the ocean traversing. As far as gameplay, this isn't the first Zelda game to offer oodles of "stuff collectables", enemy weapons Link can pick-up and use (again WW), the sticks-swords are just "deku sticks" which also broke and enemy weapons didn't last long anyways anyhow. This is a natural progression of what we've seen before.

>Most importantly, it does nothing new.
True, true. Sneaking was first implemented in WW, the sailcloth was as well (Deku Leak). Combat that we've seen is directly ripped from the last three console Zelda titles (SS, TP, WW), but then again all we've seen is the first TWENTY MINUTES of gameplay and a bit of a "let's play"-style play of what may or may not be the dungeons. Can't make a judgement call on how deep the combat system is with just that.

>an open world that still looks thoroughly lifeless
The game is still 9-12 months from being complete, calm thy tits. I doubt it'll be as horrifically empty as Twilight Princess was.

>PS2 textures
I know this is a meme, but what? Did you even PLAY a game on a PS2? It's certainly not PS4/XBone/PC textures, perhaps not even PS360, but it's certainly far better than PS2.

>swapped Link out for some new guy anyone would easily mistake it for some new IP
Again, you've come to this conclusion after seeing 20 minutes of the opening and a bit of a "let's play"-style play of what may or may not be the dungeons. Good Job!

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to playing Arkham City. Just picked it up for $10 and am having a blast playing it.
>>
>>341455996
>>341456119
Thats fucking retarded
I like it
>>
File: 1465936720224.jpg (263 KB, 1900x1000) Image search: [Google]
1465936720224.jpg
263 KB, 1900x1000
>Nintendo shits think that Zelda catching up with the way games were going years ago is somehow "epic" "new" and "redeemable"

literally fuck off lmao
>>
>>341456042
Isn't that half the fun?
>>
>>341452727
I feel like people on this board are for real retarded

They're just the vocal contrarian minority anon. This game will be great, but people here dont want anything to be good, so just ignore them and dont let them try to ruin anything for you
>>
>>341456539

lol did anybody actually watch the stream at all? They said it was the fucking E3 version. A lot of shit was taken out to not spoil the fans.
>>
>>341456138
Go watch the videos again. There's tons of pop-in for any manipulable object such as boulders, etc.
>>
>>341446154
I think its great. It makes real what you imagined OOT was like.
>>
>>341446001
Why are people hyped for this? You guys got hyped for TP and Skyward sword and look what happened. Calling this GOTY already is just retarded
>>
>>341456685
not everyone wants photorealism for mature gamers
>>
>>341455709
weird how the Wii and DS/3DS outsold the competition by a mile then huh?

You got me on the WiiU though, but that was just an obvious fluke. No one wants to hold a dining room table as a controller and they've hardly used their gimmick properly at all. Metroid 4 would have been 10/10 on the WiiU but they went full retard on that one
>>
>>341446001
I have a few criticisms, not sure how founded some of them are because of the narrowness of the demo, but I'll list them anyway.

>weapon durability
It's an interesting feature, but it takes away from the wonder of finding a new weapon. Don't expect any cool weapon designs or abilities in this game, just one of three weapon styles with a slightly different skin. Devs aren't going to make unique weapons that just break all the time and make you find another carbon copy of it. Master sword is the only weapon that may not be like this, assuming you even get to use it outside of scripted story events.

>Sheika runes
The ones we saw are pretty cool, but if the menu is to be believed, there's only a single rune we haven't already seen. That makes 5 magic items total (The two types of bomb don't count as two magic items, and neither does the bow). That's 2 less than Skyward Sword, which was already dreadfully low on cool items to use. It could be that we just don't see the rest of the list, after all at one point in the demo the rune list only showed 3 slots and in another segment it showed the 6, so I'm hopeful that there are more runes to see.

>story
I know, they kept as much of it secret as possible, but we already know Link was in some cryostasis and has amnesia, but is destined to be the hero of the land. That's three tropes right away that I don't like. I was hoping for a more humble origin for Link, like with the Wind Waker. Hopefully the story once expanded will break free of the generic mysterious past that is has now, but knowing Nintendo, that isn't very likely.

>Biomes
Maybe I'm just nit-picking, but why is there a snowy mountain nestled right between a MASSIVE DESERT and an ACTIVE VOLCANO? I mean, that is almost forgivable, but what isn't is that on the plateau you start on, the icy part is literally right next to the desert. Like, there's a couple hundred feet between a snowy tundra and an arid desert. And not even that big of an altitude drop
>>
>>341456491
Technically, the first Zelda was open world. Wind Waker was close. But then, the entire world was water so it wasn't really discussed much.
>>
>>341457227
See xenoblade chronicles X
>>
>>341455272
Zelda has NEVER done this, though.
In fact, the number of games that start you with 100% of all your equipment? All upgrades, best armor, Boost Jump, end-game weapon, no "basic" weapon in Contra, you just switch between all of the weapons?

No game does that. That's not a video game. That's a simulator. Even fucking Mario has powerups.
>>
>>341446001
Isn't the whole open world craze starting to decline? I feel like, if they were going to appeal to that crowd, they missed their opportunity. Plus, open world has a key flaw of being a boring slog filled with next to nothing to do. Hopefully, with as long as this game has fucking taken to make, Nintendo will be the exception to that. They probably won't and I feel like they'll be gone soon.
>>
I'm sorry that all nintendrones are tasteless kids, alright?
It didn't have to be like this.
>>
File: giant's knife.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
giant's knife.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>341455314
>weapon degradation
>>
>>341454734
You'll likely be able to map certain restorative items to the Left shoulder buttons or have a space on the touch screen you can touch to instantly use a restorative (or other) item as you see fit, calm thy tits.
>>
>>341455272
That would be boring. What's the fun of a game if you never get anything new? Where's the feeling of progression?
>>
>people seriously shitting on the graphics
>>
>>341456543
if they were giving fans the middle finger, this game wouldn't be on the WiiU at all. The demo looked downgraded BECAUSE they were playing the WiiU version, and even that still looks great. Can't wait to see how the NX version actually looks. I'm sure they made it look as good as they could for WiiU, and they honestly didn't do a bad job
>>
File: 1466005796607.jpg (30 KB, 640x309) Image search: [Google]
1466005796607.jpg
30 KB, 640x309
>>341456854
Kek. Pic related
>>
>>341457630
I agree with your implication. People who expect current-get graphics from last-gen hardware are retarded.
>>
>>341457358
except xenoblade looks like dogshit
xenogears looks way better
>>
File: 1440117983222.jpg (112 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1440117983222.jpg
112 KB, 1280x720
>>341446001
My worry is that it's an open world game, and for 5 3D installments in a row, the open world portions are complete shite.
>>
>>341456957
Of course they're retards. It's /v/. Retards flocked to this site YEARS ago. Only reason I come by anymore is to point and laugh.
>>
>>341446001
2nd korok found
>>
>>341457536
>not using Razor Sword

Come on, that one was at least popular enough to get into Soulcalibur 2.
>>
>>341446001
>>341446154
Change "Open world" to "Over world" and suddenly you have every Zelda game ever.

baka
>>
>>341457129

What exactly happened with TP? It was a really good game. Only thing was that it was easy. If the enemies in TP were as hard as the enemies in Bayonetta, that would have made it much better. Other than that, I really enjoyed that game a lot.
>>
>>341446001
>people have repeatedly noted several flaws with the game
>THOSE DON'T COUNT!

HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>341449612
/v/ has been actively anti nintendo for over two years now.
>>
can you send a boulder into a village and destroy it
>>
But this gear management is not what we have seen in previous Zelda. Theres a huge difference between managing a ton of tools used in each dungeon and having RPG style gear with stats like in this one. Im not against it, but I don't think they're going to implement it well.
>>
>>341458176
which are?
>>
File: thefirerises.webm (3 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
thefirerises.webm
3 MB, 1600x900
>>341449546
>le downgrade meme
go back reddit
>>
>>341457653
It shouldve stayed a Wii U exclusive. They thanked their loyal fans for sticking with them through the shitty Wii U era by cucking them with an inferior version of Zelda.
>>
>>341458069
pretty much that games only flaw outside of tear collection

god that game would have been so top tier with difficult combat
>>
>>341458238
Read the thread
>>
File: 1457352084063.png (489 KB, 571x540) Image search: [Google]
1457352084063.png
489 KB, 571x540
>>341446001
It just looks barren and empty with a terrible draw distance.
>>
Jesus christ. Why can't nintoddlers just accept that this game isn't perfect and that some people do have valid criticisms and don't want to play it. It's pathetic.
>>
>>341458263
>it should have stayed a WiiU exclusive

Okay, now I'm just going to group you in with the other retards in this thread.

>They make new game
>make sure it's on their new AND previous console
>waaa they should have only had the shittier version because muh fan loyalty
>I'm actually asking for things to be worse!

Christ, everyone point at this retard and laugh
>>
>>341457983
>Razor Sword is in OoT
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 480x480
>>341446001
Game of E3 hands down, no comparison.

Show of E3 still goes to Sony, although everyone except for EA and Jewbisoft did pretty fantastic this year, despite there not being any bombs as big as Shenmue or FF7.
>>
>>341458350
But everything in the thread has been silly "I didn't watch" or "I don't play Zelda games" shitposting.

>almost every zelda game has been open world
>WOW THIS IS OPEN WORLD INTO THE GARBAGE IT GOES

>almost every zelda game has had inventory management and some have had item durability
>WOW INVENTORY MANAGEMENT INTO THE GARBAGE IT GOES

and so on

List your reasons anon I want to hear them.
>>
>>341457617
>What's the fun of a game if you never get anything new?
Actually playing and completing the game. Finding new dungeons to complete, defeating bosses, surviving groups of enemies, getting to a new room, solving puzzles. Games should objective based not reward based or they become a job.
>>
>>341458632
Speak for yourself. I was genuinely surprised at RE7 Biohazard.

I'd like to believe that this means that Capcom is turning a new leaf, but then again, this is hot off the heels of SFV
>>
>>341458549
your criticisms aren't legitimate, they're based on fears. wait til the game comes out, and for the love of god stop whining about features that the Wii U -- not the game -- literally cannot support (waaah muh popin! what the fuck do you expect out of six gen hardware?)

and if you really don't want to play the game, get the fuck out of the thread. what's your aim, to convince others not to buy it? lol why?
>>
>>341458550
>I like getting buttfucked!
>>
>>341458550
No ones going to buy the NX until a few years after launch anyways after how bad the Wii U's library was. And no one will buy the shitty Wii U version of BotW because they'll wait to play the definitive version on NX in a few years.
>>
OVER WORLD > OPEN WORLD
>>
>>341457317
I wanted to talk with you about your points more, but I'm getting bored and nee to go to work anyway. But, just as an fyi to you,
>Maybe I'm just nit-picking, but why is there a snowy mountain nestled right between a MASSIVE DESERT and an ACTIVE VOLCANO?
Rainfall.
A desert is noted as such by rainfall. The single most important geographical point-of-interest in determining how the region is affected by rainfall is a mountain.
Elevation, inherent to the mountain, will make it cold. One side (or both) will certainly get rain/snow as a result.
There are terms to describe this, such as leeward/windward. There are regions that show this in extremes. As for volcanos, active or not, they work primarily the same way.

And it is nitpicky. Death mountain, constantly erupting. literally casts a shadow on Hyrule Castle and Kakariko it's so close. It's just a video game environment to get you to new and interesting places.
>>
File: tlozbotw.jpg (243 KB, 2405x1353) Image search: [Google]
tlozbotw.jpg
243 KB, 2405x1353
The world is boring.
>>
I don't hate the game, it does look quite good. It's just that WiiU is a piece of shit and most likely NX will be too.
>>
>>341458549

because the criticism is simply just reaching at this point. And the story (which Zelda strives on) wasn't even revealed. People just think it's an empty world of just surviving day after day. Most people didn't even watch the stream, and some consider the fact that they've played so many open world games on other consoles will make this open world game a no go. Why take these retards seriously? I'm starting to doubt most haters have even played more than one Zelda on here.
>>
>>341457442
>if they were going to appeal to that crowd, they missed their opportunity
Nintendo in a nutshell.
>>
>>341458252
This looks fucking hideous. Why do you people keep using this as like a "l-l-look how great it is!!!!"
>>
>>341458836
>you can't draw criticismwhat you've seen cus muh games not out
>game is perfect, GOTY
>>
To preface my comment the only consoles I have owned are a NES, SNES, N64, PS2, Xbox hueg, 360, and PC. You can count my phone with emulators if you want. The only Zelda's I have ever beaten are alttp and 75% of Twilight Princess. I have very little interest in the series but have enjoyed what I have played.

I see a lot of comments saying it's an open empty world. Now what exactly are these things you want to do to make it not empty?
>>
>>341459270
yup
>>341459376
never once said the game is perfect, kiddo, but go ahead and strawman + red herring to win yet another e-argument. idiot gets told and he resorts to fighting the air like a baby. classic.
>>
>>341458843
Didn't buy a WiiU retard

Doesn't take a genius to not jump on that sinking ship you fucking dunce. And like I said, you're not getting buttfucked anyway. You basically just want there to not be a better version of the game so the version you get will be the best one.
>>
>>341458252
>literally not a single living creature in sight for miles around other than that monster

BARREN
A
R
R
E
N
>>
>>341455780
I just liked that aspect of the franchise and them clumsily aping other games' worst features isn't something I would want as the primary selling point of the newest title.
>>
>>341459537

>kiddo
>fighting the air like a baby

Holy shit you sound like the biggest fedora edgelord to ever exist. You're a meme come true.
>>
>>341459363
Please explain why.
>>
We haven't seen anything about it really yet. Apparently its a full fledged open world RPG but we dont know what towns and quests are like. The full game might be a pretty, empty world for all we know
>>
>>341459660
If they bit the bullet and kept it a Wii U exclusive they wouldn't have to gimp it to get it to run on Wii U, and the NX would get Zelda down the road that actually can take advantage of its hardware. But no, you want immediate gratification because you wouldn't buy a Wii U
>HURRR THEY SHOULD CATER TO ME EVEN THOUGH IM NOT A FAN AND DONT BUY THEIR CONSOLES
>>
>>341459168
Fair enough I guess. Something about the snow being so close to the desert is just a little jarring to me. I don't mind the volcano as much. Ultimately I don't think that will really hurt the game, just looks a little odd to see the transition so quickly.
>>
>>341459484

Some people think Link and the goblins are the only living things in the world.

You really can't find this kind of stupid anywhere else on the net.
>>
>>341446001
Weapon durability
Frame rate and pop in issues
Spam food in the middle of combat to win instead of having to scavenge for hearts or not get hit.
WEAPON DURABILITY
Can get through the game without doing anything but fighting the final boss
WEAPON DURA FUCKING BILITY WHO THE FUCKING FUCK THOUGHT THIS WAS AN OKAY SYSTEM TO PUT IN THIS FUCKING GAME FUCKKKKKKKK
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (323 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
323 KB, 1920x1080
Literally looks worse than a 2012 open world PS3 game.
>>
>>341456051
Ah yes, all those games I don't play. Clearly, Zelda is best to follow suite.

Surely, the aesthetic of Zelda will handle the Hero of Balls wearing a standard face covering guardsman helmet.
>>
>>341459537
>people provide valid complaints about the game
>you outright ignore them and choose only to respond shitposters while having a tantrum like a spoiled child

Kill yourself.
>>
>>341459664
maybe because THEY FUCKING RAN FROM THE GIANT FUCKING MURDER ROBOT IDIOT

I'M A GAZELLE AND THERE'S A LION OVER THERE BUT YOU KNOW WHAT IMMA CHILL
>>
>>341459962
>We haven't seen anything about it really yet.
I watched 6 fucking hours of gameplay yesterday.
>>
>>341460093
>WEAPON DURA FUCKING BILITY WHO THE FUCKING FUCK THOUGHT THIS WAS AN OKAY SYSTEM TO PUT IN THIS FUCKING GAME FUCKKKKKKKK
We've only seen some of the least durable weapons in this demo. There's still a lot we don't know, some weapons might have infinite durability in a way
>>
its the pop-in graphics, that shit ruined Black Desert for me
>>
>>341458252
I hate how only Link and NPCs cast shadows, and grass doesn't have AO or shadows.

Its a giant green blob infront of you.
>>
>>341460096
Come on anon thats not fair. Sleeping Dogs was a masterpiece and this is just Nintendo's flagship game series that is all that stands between them and bankruptcy. Why would they actually try and make a good game?
>>
>>341460093
>>341460269
what he said.

they found a bow and a travelers sword that had so much durability it never broke. the other stuff they were literally throwing away as ranged attacks against enemies and were getting new ones from killing monsters.
>>
>>341459484
Dialogue boxes and interactive cutscenes.

And voice acting. There should be voice acting.

And photorealism. But lol "pii u"

Guns and blood, too. And enough combat to get cuhrazy. And eyes inside my brain.

Memes in the map. That would make it not so dead.
>>
>>341460204
That doesn't explain why almost every shot that was shown was barren with no life to be seen.

Not just that, but the pop in/draw distance and untextured world look disgusting.

I seen them walk for minutes at a time without bumping into a single living creature. Compare that to TW3.
>>
>>341447996
>this is what happens every zelda reveal

They reveal over 100 abilities ranging fro time stopping to making ice on water every zelda? Every zelda is open-world and not a linear trash puzzle fest? Sonygger detected. Enjoy cuck simulator
>>
>>341459363
looks good to me
>>
>>341446001
>Enemies are so slow and non agressive that I can't imagine them ever being a threat
>Enemies only clustered around camps so easily avoided anyway
>NO TOWNS
>Colors look washed out
>Textures are poor
>Pop in galore
>World seems very empty
>Combat looks a it clunky
>silky smooth 15-30 fps

I will give nintendo credit for actually listening to fan demands for once and returning the series to its nonlinear roots and I will admit that the game looks to have some potential but to say that it has no legitimate problems is ridiculous.
>>
>>341460002
Nintendo fan no, Zelda fan yes. I've had no reason to buy their shitty gimmick console because it's a shitty gimmick console and no one made any games for it. Why should I buy something that was LABELED AS A FAILURE FROM THE BEGINNING BY NINTENDO?

Just so I can suck Nintendo cock and label myself as a "true fan"?
You're a fucking simpleton dude. Like what the actual fuck is your problem? Are you for real retarded?
>>
>>341448332
But this game is more like the 2D zeldas. They haven't shown many npcs or towns and the verticality is really good.
>>
>>341460269
It doesn't matter. The only series of games that has ever had good weapon durability has been fire emblem and thats because its part of the core mechanic of the inventory management system. This feels extremely tacked on and generally unnecessary. If they wanted to make people use different weapons and armor they should have just given progressively better gear which is the objectively better system to promote changing weapons.
>>
>>341460662
didn't watch the stream/10
>>
File: 1442169942742.webm (633 KB, 405x720) Image search: [Google]
1442169942742.webm
633 KB, 405x720
>>341459484
I didnt mention that I borrowed a Wii from my ma to play TP.

Im going to quote a bunch of "negative" posts just to to gather some attention to my original post cause Im curious.

>>341459376
>>341458374
>>341459962
>>341452107
>>341452356
>>341455578
>>
This is an Xbox 360 game from 2011.
>>
>>341448770
> have to eat meat and stuff to regain health
> literally the first big enemy they ran into on stream 1 shotted them
>enemies armor makes it hard to hit.
>>
>>341460591
>Every zelda is open-world and not a linear trash puzzle fest?
So you're outright proving you don't like Zelda games? Because puzzels have always been the focus over combat bar Zelda 2. Fucking idiot.
>>
>>341460685
You don't have to like Wii U but it was a really shitty move to Wii U owners to shaft them with an inferior version of the game. It was a dick move.
>>
>>341446001
Same as when WW's trailers came out :^)
>>
>>341460237

>watch 6 hours of the general idea of the title of the game
>only E3 version
>no story mentioned
>no characters yet
>no side anything
>they didn't even go to the next cutscene, just explored
>"open your eyes"

Literally, anon, open your eyes please.
>>
>>341460782
I watched the stream and literally everything he says is accurate, you little asspained toddler.
>>
>>341459484
Maybe have actual animals in this grass land.
Or seriously any living creature other than link and goblins and an old guy.
>>
>>341451929
It's not meant to be TW3. TW3 doesn't have 100 mini-dungeons, hidden NPCs, etc.plus based on what we've seen the world is incredibly vertical. It also has better physics.
>>
>>341447996
Skyward Sword looked like shit from the get go.
All the handhelds before that have also looked like shit.
Only TP looked good and I agree it was a slight disappointment.
>>
>>341449612
Because most people on /v/ like it.
http://www.strawpoll.me/10485243/r
>>
Dungeoms take up huge chunks of Zelda games

Usually it's a handfull of dungeons and they follow the formula of

>Enter dungeon
>Find required special item
>Complete dungeon with said required special item

But now, all the special items we saw link get were from little mini-dungeons

I'm not sure what theyre trying to do exactly, but theyre really blowing out all previous conventions of 3D Zelda progression here.

I like it.
>>
>>341457317
>weapon durability
I imagine that some of the more mainstay items will pop-up as well, which will have Magical infinite Durability. As such, breakable items will be enemy weapons, random shit like that axe and sword we saw, "deku sticks" and the like, etc.

>Sheika runes
It's a demo, can't say one way or the other. I hope there'll be more as well, too. For a game as big as they're promising and with as many environmental differences they'll be, I'm not too worried.

>story
The demo opened up almost as though we never played as Child Link in Ocarina of Time, and went straight to Link awakening in the Temple of Light. Especially how the game made a point of both showing & telling that the clothing left behind for Link was too small in the arms and legs for him.

What make me wonder is that the location he awakens in is called the Temple of RESURRECTION. Which may point to the idea that Link is a blank slate because he is LITERALLY a blank slate. I'm betting Link will learn through the game that a younger Link had fought against Ganon 100 years prior...and was killed. The "Link of the Wild" is literally his resurrected form/clone/whatever that was age-progressed to an age that he might be able to win this time.

>Biomes
It still rains in the desert, it still snows in Hawai'i. That and it's a game. No matter how big the world is, it's still going to be squished together just to keep the game from getting full. I mean Hell, in Washington state you can go from (semi)-active volcanos to snow-capped peaks to high desert in just a couple of hundred miles. Same with Oregon. In Japan, where the game is designed, the "squishiness" of the biomes/landscape is even more pronounced. They don't have the desert, but they have pretty much everything else.

If you call their overly glorified hills "mountains".
>>
>>341460796
its also about a 50th the size in scope

why doesn't it look 50 times better?
>>
>>341459363

they're using it as a great demonstration of some of the cool mechanics in the game

Link breaks the monster's armor with a bomb arrow that also sets the grass on fire, then he uses the heat of the fire to rise with his sailcloth and shoot the monster in the eye. It's rad as fuck.
>>
>>341460093
You think the durability of weapons was never present in Zelda games before?
Have...have you played ANY 3D zelda?
Giant's knife
>>341457536
Razor Sword
>>341457983
Shields that burn, Deku Sticks, enemy spears/buster swords, one-use deku seeds, bombs that detonate before the timed explosion if they're so much as touched, a magic meter that runs out if you use magical items too frequently/constantly, armor that runs on rupees, powerups that make you MORE durable or powerful for a time?

The main complaints I see about this new game are clear indicators the people most vocal with complaints don't play Zelda games (and have no intention of playing this one, either).
>>
>>341461024
>spend 6 hours walking around a huge empty game world with nothing fucking in it
>>no story mentioned
>>no characters yet
>>no side anything
>for 6 hours

Yeah that's a real good sign anon, the game was fucking barren and empty as shit, fuck all animal or enemies and enemy caps were so sparse it was hilarious, no towns either.

Ded gaem.
>>
>>341461115
Just so you know there are over 100 mini-dungeons and the puzzles there weren't that bad. Imagine in the larger dungeons.
>>
>>341461038
>>341461024
lol

>>341460782
>>
>>341461038

they only fought goblins, faggot. They even said the enemies would be different and more functional to their lvl in the full version.

"open your eyes" anon.
>>
>>341458069
That and there were a lot of wide open areas devoid of enemies or, if there were enemies, you could just ride right on by without interacting with (I'm looking at you, Eastern Hyrule Field GC version!)
>>
>>341460132
What's the point of your posts ITT? Dissuasion? Why?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 65

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.